I want...

Noivian

Drinker of coffees
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
... to make a role play where there characters (and role players) don't know they're actually the villains of the story until the very end, until they finally succeed and see the ramifications of their actions. I want to make a role play where the plot starts light and fluffy, but takes a dark turn without losing interest of the role players. 

The problem is, I have no clue how to go about doing this. Any advice/jumping off points?

First you need to flesh out the premise.

what are the characters doing exactly? Why do they think it's worthwhile and harmless? What are the exact ramifications of their actions?

then once you get their motivations and consequences outlined you need a clear idea of how to get from point a to point b.

well use a simple example. They decide to build a house together, make it the most etched out house ever, fully automated. The wiring malfunctions and the people who live in the house all die.

that is a simple example of having the altruistic starting point, a tragic turning point that sets up consequences, and then you basically have your players work through the fall out.

once you have a more fleshed out plot I'll offer more specific advice

@call me rae Is completely right. A fleshed out premise, with a "why" will it end up being ultimately bad? How do they not realize its bad until the end? And overall a connecting story thread, leading from (as correctly put before me) point a to point b.

That said, this is really unique idea, that I'm interested to follow. (Not necessarily rp in, cuz the entire idea isn't there yet, but I digress). It sounds pretty cool! :3

I'd say, just plan it like a normal rp. Have a group go on a quest for the greater good. The only difference is that in your version, people would actually be able to see the consequences of their actions, unlike in the stories of "heroes" where all the questionable bits are ignored.

As for the actual structure of the story, I'd say start with a noble cause. The characters are off to save the world or whatever. Each step of the way they have decisions to make such as defeat a corrupt mayor or ignore what he's doing, etc. But as the journey progress, have their choices be more difficult. Do they try to save the town and risk getting caught and their main objective foiled or do they ignore it for their own safety, thinking they can fix it once they're done with what they set out for? Do they help someone get revenge on their father's murder or side with the supposed murderer who'd been keeping the entire town safe and peaceful for years? 

I'd say something along the lines of that? But I've never actually saw an rp through with this sort of plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back