• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

i want to stay up all night excitedly waiting for the next post..

mystereieuse

peace, love,....., applesauce?

Thanks for peeking in!

I am in search of roleplay partners. Preferably long term so we can be frands(!), however I am okay with parting ways after we deem our roleplay to be finished!

I’ve been writing for some years. Perhaps five? I don’t know, I’ve lost count, but five sounds about right. I’m in the central time zone.

I try to respond frequently, everyday to every other day or something like that. But sometimes I get caught up in things so it can take me away for an extra day or two. So I’m obviously not requiring partners to respond multiple times a day with a full length novel for me because anything else would be unacceptable, lol.

I normally write female, however I do write male as necessary for supporting roles in roleplays, or if my partner only wrote female, I’d have no problem writing male, then. I’m flexible!

If you are interested in rapid posting style, I can do that! I actually like it.

I am open to many genres: fantasy, sci fi, realistic, modern, romance, futuristic or the like. I am okay with roleplays that take place in the past (I prefer present or future).

I do ask that my partner(s) be 18 years of age or older, due to the nature of some content that might be discussed (especially if you are interested in a romance!).

Here are some ideas that have been floating around in my head. I’m definitely open to suggestion, though! I’ve bolded the roles I’d like to write.

Note: if you wish to discontinue the rp at anytime, just let me know! We don’t have to force it.

Pairings:

student x student

single mother/father x
bachelor(ette)

co-workers

friends

brother/sister’s best friend x
sibling

old flames

rivals

Fandoms: I’m not a huge fan of fandoms. Actually, I’m not really, at all. Though, I have always wanted to do a Harry Potter one. I thought of it taking place after Harry, Ron, Hermione, and even after Albus Severus and the lot. In the plot described below, I'd write as Raya. But I would love to have my partner have an equally essential and crucial role in the story. I'd want this idea to have more than one main protagonist!!

Since Voldemort’s defeat, times have been peaceful. Relations between folk of all magic backgrounds have improved, however the division between those born born to one or no muggle parents and those with both parents being muggles still remains an issue from time to time. Hogwarts finally finished full construction with some old and some new professors. Professor McGonagall now serves as headmistress of the school. At the sorting ceremony, Raya Stéffard, hailing from a historically Slytherin family, is nervous to begin her first year at Hogwarts. Her mother and father both hold high positions in the Ministry of Magic and as the eldest child, she has a lot of expectations riding on her performance. But, for the first time ever, the sorting hat becomes completely stumped.

“Aaaahhh, a Stéffard. What a delight! Let’s see….hmmm...bright, very bright, like your mother before you. But yet, exceedingly brave. A very strong heart, indeed. Nothing at all like her parents, or anyone before her. Slytherin? No. Where to put you…? A difficult placement, if I may say so, headmistress. It seems this youngling places in both Ravenclaw and Gryffindor. And not Slytherin like her family before her. I cannot seem to deci--Hmmmm….an interesting thought, youngling. Tired of expectation, are you? Wanting to forge your own path? I know just the place where you can make that happen. Gryffindor!”

Activities in the magical and muggle world have alerted the attention of the Ministry. It seems a dark wizard wishing to follow in Voldemort’s footsteps has been preparing to rise up, threatening the magical way of life. Raya has of course heard the stories of how Harry Potter defeated Voldemort, but when strange things begin happening around her, she realizes that this dark wizard has his eyes set on her.] And I was thinking of having some artifact that the dark wizard needs in order to gain enough power to create a horcrux that only Raya can come into possession of and activate. Raya and her companion must find this artifact and she must master it before the dark wizard can in order to save the magical world.

Original Plots:

business as usual
Character A has always worked hard to live up to their parents’ expectations. They earned high marks in school and attended an accredited and elite university to complete their studies. Now they’ve taken over the family business, and have lead it to considerable success. But something is off. Character A wakes up to realize that they have no idea who they are anymore, or if they ever really knew. They consider handing off the company, but in a meeting to discuss the annual charity ball the company has held for the past 10 years, Character A meets Character B, the singer in the locally popular band hired to play at the ball. Character A is instantly smitten with the carefree and passionate nature of Character B. The attraction is not one-sided. Character B, although realizing Character A is a bit more formal than what they are used to, can tell that Character A cares a lot about their company and about the ball being a success and they agree to work with Character A closely to ensure high attendance and encourage donations.
it’s complicated
Brooke Waynesfeld was an average girl. She always figured there was nothing special about her. And her life was uninteresting. That was until she met the man of her dreams. And got pregnant. But not by the guy she just met, but the man she was with a couple months ago. Brooke and Character B, the new guy she couldn't help but develop feelings for, begin a passionate relationship, and only a couple of weeks in, she finds out she's two months pregnant. But what about the relationship? Brooke has to tell Character B that she's pregnant. When Character B finds out, he is shocked, but decides to stick with Brooke to see where the relationship goes. A lot can happen in the seven months remaining in her pregnancy. Brooke grows ever increasingly pregnant and eventually has to tell her mother, which she hasn’t decided if she was going to lie and say it was Character B’s or just be truthful about the whole situation. The pregnancy is complicated by a still developing love between Brooke and Character B, plus the added tensions at work and Brooke slowly begins to fall ill.

Can Character B and Brooke save their relationship?

battle for earth
The galaxy is thrust into chaos and an alien empire threatens to take over every planet in the solar system. They have already begun their attack on Earth and the military stays behind and is currently battling the alien forces. Half of the planet is in destruction, but the humans have managed to secure about half the Earth in a stronghold. The remaining humans that could escape were evacuated to Mars. Those that were able bodied were transported to the moon to undergo intense training to get them ready to battle on Earth. First they are genetically altered to make them physically flawless and able to withstand radiation and general stresses of warfare. But upon being assigned to troops, Character A and Character B find themselves having to work together. Even though their history is strained, at best, and they practically hate each other, they must work together to save the Earth from alien invasion. Because if they are unable to secure Earth, the next stop is Mars.
the girl hybrid
At DSAF’s (Division of Special Affairs and Forces) training university, Character A arrives on their first day, feeling extremely nervous. Judging by the looks of their peers, they were from families with a history in the military or overflowing with athletic prowess. Character A is clumsy and awkward, and at first glance, is an almost laughable excuse for a prospective soldiers. However, their programming skills were quite above par, which was what got them into the facility.

On the first day, all prospective soldiers participate in a simulation with test droids to help determine the best type of PerseDroid suited for them. Upon completion, the scores are tallied and in order from highest to lowest, students get to choose their PerseDroid. Of course, as young adults, having a good looking PerseDroid to be paired with has its perks, and the lower one scores, the fewer options they have to choose from.

Character A is last to perform in the simulation and they are nervous, at best. The entire class is now looking in from the viewing area as the audience. And everyone is brought to laughter as Character A fails to activate one of the test droids in their attempt to establish Ethos. But from the small crowd comes a glowing light and from Character A spews a golden beam of energy, the first sign of Ethos initialization, toward none other than Charlotte Hestia. Charlotte is the daughter of Seamus Hestia, the famed engineer behind the creation of the PerseDroid, attending the university to join DSAF.

But Charlotte isn’t a PerseDroid. ...Is she?
crashed
On a flight journeying to their vacation paradise, a storm brews out over the sea and quickly picks up strength, damaging the wing of the plane. It crashes into the shallows of an unmarked island and washes up ashore its pristine sands. The vast majority do not survive the plane crash, but a few are able to free themselves from the wreckage to find they are now stranded on the island. Upon inspection of the mangled and flooded airplane cabin, the survivors are only able to find a few packets of food and bottled water not destroyed in the crash. The aircraft radio system was not functional and the electrical system was damaged in the crash and destroyed by the water. Faced with the task of living long enough to signal for help and be rescued off the island, the survivors must find a way to make it. They must use what they can salvage from the wreckage materials, stay warm and dry during the tropical storms that frequents the seas and utilize the thick forests that spill out into the shoreline. The terrain, while not very jagged, is very uneven and features many hills and small mountains. The temperature is hot and humid, with cooler nights, and if the survivors aren’t careful, the cold rains can induce hypothermia. But the survivors must act quickly, because even with the forces of nature already against them, failure to acquire sufficient shelter won’t only leave them exposed to the elements, but exposed to the hungry audience of predators lurking in the deep recesses of the island.

The Island-
http://imgur.com/hG12c9j

I hope you find something to your liking! If you are interested in one of these plots or have some ideas of your own, you can PM me or post below!~

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I am looking for a frequent responding quick progressive partner too. I would love to try something with you if you are up for it! I wish you the best of times, and hopefully we can chat sometime. Take care!

P.S. I am definitely thinking about doing that best friend of sibling x different sibling. That sounds so enjoyable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back