• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ⚔ I N S U R G E N T ⚔ Conclave

Quick question, I have a character who is rather intelligent (but lacking in all of the other required categories) and I was wondering if she would have gone to a university and went to a poor sector to study something (social dynamic? Health? idk) and winds up being recruited as a rebel?

I'm just talking out of my ass at this point but yeah if that doesn't make sense I have another of my precious children that I'd love to throw into hell!

WantYourSoul said:
Quick question, I have a character who is rather intelligent (but lacking in all of the other required categories) and I was wondering if she would have gone to a university and went to a poor sector to study something (social dynamic? Health? idk) and winds up being recruited as a rebel?
I'm just talking out of my ass at this point but yeah if that doesn't make sense I have another of my precious children that I'd love to throw into hell!
Would your rebel be from a poor or rich sector? If she's from a poor sector and scores above 1250, then she would have gone to University then returned to the poor sector for a low paying job where should would probably be recruited. This could work, but like I said in one of my pointers, you would have to explain this well (like explain why she returned back to a poor sector from University)

If she's from a rich sector then goes to University, most jobs post graduation involve something related to the Gem sectors (i.e. business, doctors, computer programmer, politician, researcher, etc.) So if you want her to wind up in a poor sector, it would probably have to be something for research (maybe when the Plague outbreak happened, she was sent to the poor sector to study the symptoms, collect samples, etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alrighty, I finally have enough time to work on this. Super pumped to get this shit done, and I think I may do my own code, if I don't get too frustrated.

@Chibii She is meant to be underweight, I was meaning to add that she is a bit anorexic, but thanks for pointing it out!

Oh whoa there was stuff going on in the chat and I didn't notice, now I feel antisocial oops.. @Semblance I just read through the Trials info, do you think Ivy's backstory is feasible? I can change it if not I don't want to be going against your world building x3

@Semblance[/URL] I just read through the Trials info, do you think Ivy's backstory is feasible? I can change it if not I don't want to be going against your world building x3
Actually your backstory works even better with the added info on the Trials! Even though she tried to purposely score low on the Trials, she ended up an Agent anyway b/c there were some parts she couldn't control (like the psychological section)

@sunshineintoveins Hey I noticed that you put your Trial score as 1510, but the test is out of 150. Agents must score between 1480 and 1500 (but no one in this RP should have a 1500).

Also, I was reading Felix's back story and I may have been unclear when I was describing how the Insurgents recruit new members. Basically, most of it is through word of mouth. If someone wants to join the Insurgents, they need to keep their ears open and kinda ask around for the location of the designated alleyway (but keeping it v low key b/c you don't want the military finding out). Once you find the location, you go to the alley at night and spraypaint/graffiti the sledgehammer girl onto the wall (called tagging). The designated alleyway varies from time to time to throw off any suspects.

An Insurgent member is always hidden somewhere near the alleyway to watch for potential recruits who tag their logo. Now they can't just accept any stranger who spray paints their logo, so that member will then report back to the other Insurgents. Because this is a growing organization and everybody kinda knows everybody, there is bound to be an Insurgent who knows this potential new member and people kinda just ask around about this new guy. If word on the street seems good, then a member will go find that person again within the next few nights and offer membership.

Wow sorry for the super long explanation! But other than these two things, your characters look great :) I'll also update the Organizations tab to add this information

Semblance said:
@sunshineintoveins Hey I noticed that you put your Trial score as 1510, but the test is out of 150. Agents must score between 1480 and 1500 (but no one in this RP should have a 1500).
Also, I was reading Felix's back story and I may have been unclear when I was describing how the Insurgents recruit new members. Basically, most of it is through word of mouth. If someone wants to join the Insurgents, they need to keep their ears open and kinda ask around for the location of the designated alleyway (but keeping it v low key b/c you don't want the military finding out). Once you find the location, you go to the alley at night and spraypaint/graffiti the sledgehammer girl onto the wall (called tagging). The designated alleyway varies from time to time to throw off any suspects.

An Insurgent member is always hidden somewhere near the alleyway to watch for potential recruits who tag their logo. Now they can't just accept any stranger who spray paints their logo, so that member will then report back to the other Insurgents. Because this is a growing organization and everybody kinda knows everybody, there is bound to be an Insurgent who knows this potential new member and people kinda just ask around about this new guy. If word on the street seems good, then a member will go find that person again within the next few nights and offer membership.

Wow sorry for the super long explanation! But other than these two things, your characters look great :) I'll also update the Organizations tab to add this information
I'll edit that ASAP, Thanks for letting me know!

Semblance said:
Actually your backstory works even better with the added info on the Trials! Even though she tried to purposely score low on the Trials, she ended up an Agent anyway b/c there were some parts she couldn't control (like the psychological section)
OK great ^^

Quick Question: I am unsure if I overlooked this with the information provided, but will undercover agents know who the other undercover agents are?

Akeira said:
Quick Question: I am unsure if I overlooked this with the information provided, but will undercover agents know who the other undercover agents are?
Yes they will! Sorry if that wasn't clear

So for the Psychological part, does anyone else know what you went through and do people normally tell everyone what happened?

whitefoxkiller said:
So for the Psychological part, does anyone else know what you went through and do people normally tell everyone what happened?
Nah the only people who know what you saw are you and the Administers

Mmm what you see usually involves some pretty personal stuff, so you might talk about it with close friends or family, but def not something you bring up to acquaintances or strangers

But the simulations do vary in degrees of seriousness, so people are usually more open about the lighter stuff

Semblance said:
Nah the only people who know what you saw are you and the Administers
Mmm what you see usually involves some pretty personal stuff, so you might talk about it with close friends or family, but def not something you bring up to acquaintances

But the simulations do vary in degrees of seriousness, so people are usually more open about the lighter stuff
alright thanks for the info

@MrBossMan

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back