• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern I M P E R I U M

ambrosials

unknowable
imperium.png
SCROLL

PLOT
[ ❝ There are no good men in Ketterdam. ❞ ]

No one has ever said that Ketterdam is beautiful.

It’s not, you see. It’s all rough edges and harsh lines, soot and grime and ash all held together with more than just a little blood. Oh, there’s the nicer parts of it too, but even the wealthy and privileged are ruled by avarice and selfishness. Fine velvet suits and pricey jewel brooches do little to hide hearts as black as those of the murderers in the Barrel, the most vile part of Ketterdam.

But Ketterdam has always had a certain magic to it, regardless.

[ ❝ People point guns at each other in Ketterdam all the time. It’s basically a handshake. ❞ ]

Its residents come from all over the world and from all walks of life. Grisha seeking refuge, mercenaries looking for jobs, convicts and thieves and farmers and wanderers. Gangs run just about every inch of the city; those who don’t belong to them must be on guard every minute of the day to survive, and in a lawless city such as this, that is no small feat.

And then are those who stand out.

Ketterdam comes to them in a dream one night, a woman bloodless and pale as bone, clothed in a gown the color of night. The only colors to be seen on her figure are the rings of exhaustion under her eyes and the purple and green of veins against her skin, but even then there is something ethereal about her.

“I know I don’t look my best,” she says, wry smile twisting her lips, “but I will soon look much worse without mortal intervention.”

She goes on to explain. She — Ketterdam — lies on a ley line, has lain on a ley line since as long as the city has existed, but with time the knowledge has faded and now, almost no one remembers. An ancient darkness has awakened, and it is overpowering her with abilities far stronger than her own. She pleads with them to help, to go to the source of the darkness and purge it with a spell.

Half of the group forming an inner circle, the remainder forming the outer. Linked hands to complete the circles, but nothing to connect the inner to the outer, and the words ‘in tenebris in exteriorem partem vasorum’.

She promises; with that, she would be free and the darkness vanquished.

Ketterdam has asked them for help and tasked them with the responsibility of saving a city, of saving their city. A number of people, who may know nothing about each other but are connected in this one quest.

How can they possibly refuse?​

[ ❝ This is the city I bled for. And if Ketterdam has taught me anything, you can always bleed a little more. ❞ ]

OTHER

[ x ] qwerty; qwerty; is my beautiful co-mod and I adore her, so praise her and her beautiful gfx/writing. < 3
[ x ] Inspired by both the Six of Crows and Raven Cycle series.
[ x ] TLDR: A few chosen inhabitants of Ketterdam, a bustling city known for its flourishing trade and high crime rates, are forced to work together to save their city after it comes to them in a dream in the form of a spirtual guardian.
[ x ] Don't be afraid to ask any questions. < 3 3
[ x ] Tags || Auricula Auricula cruciatus cruciatus Acedia Acedia L Lutalica eclipsa eclipsa dwale dwale hyacinth hyacinth Reisye Reisye l y s s a l y s s a

I wasn't tagged at first I'm cut

Okay but jokes aside, the prose can stomp on me in its heels and I'd say thank you.
Everything looks fantastic as always! But I'll only get around to selling my soul to this when I'm done salvaging it from the jaws of finals...

Hey this looks really awesome! I'm kind of busy with work/class/other RP's rn but I do want to try to get a character up. Is this first come first serve or will the GM's choosing the characters?

Also, did you have the details of the plot planned out (like how exactly the characters will save the city)? If not, that's totally okay, I'm just wondering :)

Little Lozy Little Lozy
yes, it's still open!

Semblance Semblance
the GMs will be choosing the characters, and we do have the details of the plot planned out!
we'll be sticking to a timeline with specific plot events during specific arcs.
Ah got it! And how come everyone is making 6 characters (or at least more than 1)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back