Spooky Writing Contest 2017 I Hear Them, I See Them

billthesomething

Four Thousand Club
I Hear Them, I See Them
I can not stop the noise! It does not matter what I do! Even if I close my eyes and cover my ears, I hear their whispering. Of sinister things, of unknowable things, of everything! In the late hours of the night where not even the mice will make a sound, I will hear their deafening songs, their eternal & non-sensical cacophony of quiet drums and shrieking flutes, it's a song no mortal should hear, But I Do! But their sounds are not their only method of delivering agony upon me.

I see their forms encroaching from the corners of my eyes and walls of my room, they never acknowledge me and I don't attempt to acknowledge them, but I never succeeded in doing such, no matter what I try, my focus will direct itself to their horrid forms. Be I within The Public Eye or The Total Solitude of my own home, their forms will always intrude into my sight.

I have tried to speak to them, to reason with them, but in their minds, I assume that I am but a germ. For they do not acknowledge me to such an insane degree, that even me firing upon them with my rifle, doesn't even cause them to flinch

I've told other of my plight, but no one believes me. They have all given up on me, not the doctors in the madhouses, they give me their best medication, but it does not help. Not even my Local Preacher continues to acknowledge my words.

I have prayed to the Gods, I've asked them to forgive me for whatever sin I might have committed, just something to rid me of these sounds and sights, But its all for not, for I swear upon my worthless life that no God, cruel or otherwise would create such horrid Things!

So as I sit with my rifle upon my lap, I write this note. to inform those who might suffer the same fate as I, that there is no hope.

They do not intend for me to see or hear them.

But. I. Do.

Honestly, the best story from the ones that have been submitted so far in my opinion. Wonderful word choice and use of mood. It could use a few edits for grammar and maybe some rewording for more clear sentences, but a great first draft. You would almost definitely outshine this if you made a second draft. Solid short story.

Honestly, the best story from the ones that have been submitted so far in my opinion. Wonderful word choice and use of mood. It could use a few edits for grammar and maybe some rewording for more clear sentences, but a great first draft. You would almost definitely outshine this if you made a second draft. Solid short story.
thank you so much for the critique

Users who are viewing this thread

Back