I have to ask, what's up with all the romance?

I don't see why everyone gets so angry about it. Love is a natural human emotion, and of course characters are going to feel it. You don't have to be jumping each other's bones every two seconds to show that two people love each other. Let it show in subtle ways, and it feels much more natural. It's not a 'girl thing'.

I'm in complete agreement with this. Even though I generally like romance in my roleplaying; it's incredibly stale to pre plan one, period. It almost becomes a chore. Romance is usually only fun if you earn it, anything but that makes it a mail order bride.

I completely agree with you. It is not a good way to create a plot. If you are just horny and looking for a way to play out your fantasies then it works; however, if you want to make an RP that is deep, interesting, complex. and multi-layered, then you should not be creating it around a single pairing. That's why I don't really do pairing RPs.

Yeah I feel like it's a sampling bias. There's just more young girls around to pin it on them that they're hormone riddled and romance obsessed.

Personally, I tend to shy away from romances in rps because I yeah they can be limiting especially early on when you haven't established how the characters even interact with each other, So I totally understand that. And I've also been hounded by other rp-ers trying to set our characters up before they've even met in world, which I don't like.

But on the other hand if it's fandom I can see wanting to role-play certain characters that in the show are romantically involved (or could be) and you'd have to put that upfront to find people who share the same pairings and such. And just because someone does romance plots it doesn't mean that's all they do, all the time.

Idk while I see the frustration in trying to find someone with a similar rp-style, especially when it seems like the majority are just focused on romance or just aren't at a certain level yet, I also think there are just so many role players out there eventually you can find someone (or a group) who you can click with and share the type of role-play you want with each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back