• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern I Have Some Plot Ideas...

horrorshow

black magic and cigarettes
Actually, I have more than these, but these are the two that fit the "Realistic/Modern" criteria right now. So here they are!

Muse A has had a miserable life. They always knew they were adopted at birth, and the people who took them in were cruel and unkind. They never had any money, they were abusive, and they had other children that they favored.
Muse A began working part time in high school and every penny they made went to their adoptive family, who hardly used it for things they actually needed.
Muse A discovers that not only were they adopted at birth, but they have fraternal twin from whom they were separated. They seek out Muse B, their twin. And at first, they hit it off brilliantly, it's like a missing piece was finally put into place for the both of them, and they couldn't be happier.
But then, Muse A becomes jealous. The more they learn about their twin's high end life, perfect significant other, college and job opportunities, their loving parents, friends, and general support system... It breaks Muse A's heart that they got the shit end of the deal, and they begin trying to sabotage Muse B's perfect life, starting with their relationship.

My preferred role here is Muse A.
I have a few more ideas for this as well, and it's rare any of my ideas would actually require playing two characters each, but this one would require that.

Muse A is a good person. A fantastically wonderfully good person. Muse B is pure chaos, has no personal moral code to speak of, and pretty much always ruins others' lives when they get too close.
Muse A and Muse B meet at a party. It's Muse A's best friend's birthday party, which is being thrown, quite like something out of the movies, at their parents' large house while the parents are out of town. The best friend, like Muse A has always been a really good kid, but wanted one night of wild, unlimited fun for their 18th birthday. So they invited their inner circle, and you know, just a few extra people, and okay maybe the whole cheer leading team... Okay, it turned into a huge event, almost all of the juniors and seniors were going to attend! A few of them were bringing their older boyfriends/girlfriends who were old enough to purchase alcohol. The party was going to be CRAZY.
Muse A wasn't super fond of the idea, but hey, what's one night of harmless fun, right? So they help plan, and attend their best friend's birthday, not suspecting to meet Muse B there, who was older, and part of a rough crowd. Somehow, Muse A becomes interested in this darker, more reckless individual. The rest of the friend group warns them that Muse B is completely wicked. They've got a reputation for being unfaithful, but that was hardly the start of the rumors Muse A heard.
So, Muse A promised themselves they were not going to get too attached, but their curiosity was getting the better of them, so they pursued a friendship with Muse B, which... did not go as planned. Muse A has so much ahead of them, a college scholarship, a promising future, good friends and a good family... Will Muse B ruin everything, or will Muse A come to their senses?

I definitely prefer to be Muse B, but I can bend. I have several possible outcome ideas for this, if anyone's interested.

I have some general pairing ideas too, that I would like to turn into a plot if anyone's interested in brainstorming with me:

I
Muse A
is a hippie. Muse B is kind of a pessimist, loner type who doesn't know anything about the hippie lifestyle apart from what is presented in the media. Would like to come up with more for this with a partner but strictly want this to be male/male. And I want to be Muse A.

Muse A
is a dedicated musician, but between practices and trying to get their band signed, they're pretty lonely. They create a tinder account and swipe right on Muse B. Muse B is a no-nonsense type, and is kinda put off by the fact Muse A is in a death metal band, because it seems kind of irresponsible, but the initial charm and good looks make them swipe right anyway. Definitely prefer to be Muse A! Willing to add to this idea with someone.

I'll add more later probably.

My only requirements are that you're fairly literate, and that you're patient with me. I'm in the music industry, and it's difficult for me to reply on the weekends. I still try to, but most of the time cannot manage it. Mondays-Thursdays though I can reply at least once a day if not more, or less depending on the situation or whatever. But I definitely do my best, but since I'm pretty slow myself, I don't mind if you don't reply for a day or so yourself. I get that people are busy or tired and all.

I really like having a partner that doesn't mind plotting with me, adding to the story, doesn't mind me playing kind of off the wall characters from time to time, and who doesn't rush things.

Also, I really prefer real pictures/realistic drawings for face claims or just descriptions, but no anime pictures.

Anyway yeah let me know if you're interested.

Last edited:
I don't have enough posts, yet, to initiate private messages. You'll have to message me first, please!

It totally is!

I have a few different ideas for a direction for that one to go in, if you don't mind sending me a PM so I can talk it over with you. I don't think I quite have enough posts yet to send PMs.

It totally is!

I have a few different ideas for a direction for that one to go in, if you don't mind sending me a PM so I can talk it over with you. I don't think I quite have enough posts yet to send PMs.
I tried getting to my post requirement as well but I don't seem to meet it as of yet, either.

Haha oh well. Sorry I didn't realize you weren't there yet. We can discuss the plot on the thread for now then. I'll post again sometime tomorrow okay? Have to head to bed right now. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back