• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern I Have Ideas This Time

horrorshow

black magic and cigarettes
I have successfully gotten myself into like two rps but while those work on getting started I wanna make this thread with some plot ideas, since last time I had absolutely NO ideas! I gathered a few and like am super wanting a couple consistent cool partners to write with cause I’m lame and need to get back into roleplaying to TRY to keep my writing sharp.

SO PLEASE come to me with some m/m games cause it’s what I am in the mood for. I guess I’ll do m/f but like seriously I wanna do some m/m soooo please friends.​

What's up yo, I'm Lazarus. Very experienced forum roleplayer (seriously I got over ten years going for me) and I am super friendly but am also goth trash. I'm 22 and have entirely failed to grow out of my Edgar Allan Poe phase so yeah. But I am way more well rounded in my interests than I was when I was a wee lad just starting out as a writer. So let's get crazy, if ya wanna.

I work pretty much full time with exceptions (like today) and am a writer outside of roleplaying so that's the other stuff that takes up my time.
  1. Semi-literate to literate partners are preferred please. If you’re not giving me much to go off of in terms of moderate literacy and creativity I’ll probably dip cause I have little patience for being the only one offering substantial responses. (But obviously if you are having a slow day I totally get it, and we’re good.)
  2. I only play males and primarily prefer m/m pairings but I’ll do m/f, as long as I don’t have to play the female.
  3. I’m friendly and chatty, so if you wanna be friends ooc that’s totally chill with me. It’s especially helpful because I have a really busy work schedule and I like the liberty of being able to hit you up to let you know if I am not gonna be able to respond for a while.
  4. I don’t do super sexually explicit content (I mean I’ll make references to it or whatever but nothing CRAZY) but I’m fine with all other mature content.
  5. I LOVE a detailed character but don’t necessarily require that you overdo it to start out, I am okay with character development as the story progresses. I understand that’s the best way to do it sometimes.
  6. But yeah mainly just communicate with me man I’m super chill. Just make sure to lay out your preferences for me and we can work whatever out. If you’re gonna be out for a few days or if you lose interest entirely just let me know and we can go out on good terms or start a different roleplay or whatever you wanna do. I’m like the mooooost understanding dude because I have totally been there.

And general preferences include: Using real face claims or descriptions. Not gonna use anime pics or someone’s artwork.
-I am not into all this crazy coding, I’m a forum roleplaying veteran so don’t expect me to do much more than screw around with different fonts. You do what you want, but don’t expect me to go all out on formatting. But I love when you guys make the threads really pretty so you're welcome to do that if you just really want to lol.
-I play a wide variety of characters and try to make them all very individual. So you can throw whatever kinda character at me and I am comfortable with it.

And here are my ideas??? kinda?

IDEA 1
Muse A is a traveler trying to find themselves. Been roaming around and backpacking across the states for a while, taking odd jobs here and there to keep themselves afloat. Muse B is from a small town and working in a 24 hour diner while trying to get through community college.
Options: Muse B has a child and is a single parent. Or Muse A is actually a parent but hasn’t seen their kid in a while, due to striking off to “find themselves”. I dunno, some mixture or combination of these? I have no preference here, I’ll play either muse.

IDEA 2
Muse A grew up in a strict household, is still living at home with the pressures of deciding what they want to do with their life, their parents are pressuring them to go to college after this summer is up and it’s really stressful because Muse A has always just wanted to find themselves.
Muse A’s parents are really rich and they go on a summer-long vacation every year. This year it’s Hawaii, and Muse A runs into Muse B, a hippie living out of a camper on the north shore of Oahu with some of his buddies.
Options: I feel like these kinds of roleplays die really quickly, but I really wanna do this one so like, we could go a while of Muse A being in Hawaii and getting to know Muse B and then decide whether or not Muse A goes home and goes to college or says screw it and joins Muse B in a hippie lifestyle. Or we could skip several years ahead at some point when Muse A has decided to go to college but runs into Muse B again while on vacation with friends. I don’t know there’s a lot of options here and I am SUPER open to someone helping me spice this plot up because I am really about it and want to do it but I know it needs some more substance?
My general preference here is muse b. But I’m open to whatever.

IDEA 3
Muse A is a strange goth boy living in the suburbs. Muse B is a pretty normal kid who has always lived next door and been curious about whatever the hell Muse A is doing but doesn’t wanna admit it. They’re in their senior year of high school so it’s Muse B’s last chance to get to know Muse A… What they don’t realize is Muse A is in an actual cult.
(I can expand on this through pm if anyone’s interested in it because I really wanna do it.)

IDEA 4
ANY VARIATION on the “one person is really toxic but the other person keeps trying to make things work” idea is cool. Any ideas around this are welcome, I wanna do it. I always wanna do it.​

I am gonna leave it at just these couple of plots for now. I have some more I’m brooding on, and I am 100% open to it if you wanna throw something at me. I am not currently in the mood or interested at all in a setting that is too far outside of slice of life (I’m okay with magic or whatever, modern fantasy I guess). Just getting back into the swing of things I don’t wanna do any other settings besides something realistic. So yeah you got any modern realistic stuff you wanna come at me with, please do. You can pm me or respond here but I guess pms are easier?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back