• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings I have free time and a few ideas, let's make the best of it

IdeaLover

Feed me ideas!
Hi all, IdeaLover here. Been back for a few months now, still craving more roleplay fun. (I tend to talk in phrases and clauses, but I normally use complete sentences while writing/roleplaying.)

Some stuff about me real quick. 22, Male, prefer to play Male characters. (I'm experimenting with other characters, but I usually do best with a Male character.)

I like all kinds of roleplays, except for Fandoms and Groups. (Groups never seem to work for me, and I'm very nitpicky with Fandoms. I tend to ruin the fun with both. Sadface...)

Most of what I enjoy is High Fantasy. I do dabble with general Fantasy and Sci Fi/Futuristic. I've attempted a few modern settings roleplays with elements of fantasy added in. But generally, I'm an open minded individual.

I enjoy drama, the character interaction and subplots of a roleplay. Worldbuilding is always fun, and I'm open to it. Fighting sometimes gets dragged out, so I don't particularly like combat based roleplays. I do like to have some romance, but it's never necessary as a main plot point. I'm a sucker for cliches and tropes, but I'm working on moving away from them. I'm not big on fancying up my posts with code and such. Maybe at a later time, but it usually takes me an hour or two to get a nice 500+ word post out. With that, I'm a little slow typing up my replies, even then the quality isn't always the best.

Writing wise, I prefer past tense and third person. I tend to go for multipara with anywhere between 300-1000 words, usually the lower end of the spectrum. I'm not a very detailed writer. I prefer simple actions and to move the story along. I can adapt though, just have to keep things in mind. Preferably, I try to reply once a day or twice if life is willing.
EDIT: Also, I hate to proofread and tend to do it after I post.

Now that you know a bit about me, we'll move onto the ideas.

First off is one I came up with randomly a few minutes prior to typing this up. Each of us will be in control of a Deity, one of many in a High Fantasy world. I have a few settings, but things can be discussed. The fun part is that we are also in control of two other characters, one each for explanation purposes. Deities sometimes give their blessings and gifts to chosen champions, or some other title word. So while we'll be playing as Deities, we'll also be playing as the champions of the other player's deity.
The whole idea is that the champions tend to misinterpret what the Deities are wanting them to do. Silly things occur more of less. We could even have our characters try to explain to each other what the Deities might really want, but the other disagrees. "I'm their champion. I'm sure I know what they requested. They said to 'Swim the Lagoon'. I mean your idea is crazy, why would they want me to 'Slay the Dragon'. Those sound nothing alike." (Bad example, but it's late. You get the idea though. It's meant to be silly, but parts can be serious and more can be built up from this base idea.)

Another idea I've had in the works for a while is my own version of the reincarnated/summoned to another world. A High Fantasy world with some base game like mechanics/systems in place. Very RPG like. I have two ideas of how to roleplay in this world. But first off a little about the world, it's common for humans from Earth to show up here, sometimes they have a few of their memories, sometimes they have most. Never all or none. The entire human population of this world is from humans that have been summoned here or their descendants. The only race is humans, everything else is pretty much hostile monsters. People have special powers, there are a few classes/specializations that people enter into. There's a guild for exploring the frontier and learning about the world.
So with that, the two ideas are simple.
We're the newest people to summoned and something special happens, we're super important and fulfill some prophecy and must save the world.
Or we're nobodies. We couldn't adapt to this world and we struggle everyday. We worry about what we'll eat tomorrow, but things are starting to look better for us.
The idea of the first one is simply to play through the world as the main characters, doing all we can and exploring the fantastic world around us.
The idea of the second is the less luxurious life of the background characters. The struggles, internal and external, that we face each day in a world we don't fully understand.
(For both I tend to GM/DM most things, but it's built as a world where you can compare things to Earth/reality. You can make assumptions and comparison and generally they'll be appropriate and true. And it won't be odd for characters to explain everything to you, since you're someone new to this world and it's perfectly common for that to happen.)

Last idea is a little more silly than the first. We'll essentially roleplay our avatars, or some other unique OC, or maybe a persona. It'll be very slice of life, but we wouldn't be standouts. Just people who look different but are treated normally as part of society. In my case I would be my avatar and name. Someone with a light bulb with a heart in it for a head. Wears a black and white suit most of the times because he likes to dress up and feel fancy, has other clothes though. Depending on his mood the light color changes. His real name is Oliver Ead. He's known by the sobriquet IdeaLover. Some call him Mr. Idea or Mr. Lover. He's an idealist but loves to day dream and wonder. (Just a small idea. I found myself developing a character based around my avatar a few days ago and wanted to do something with him.)

So that's all. I'm open to any of your own ideas or any suggestions regarding my own.

As for a partner, I'm open to most. Just message me and we'll chat for a bit, if we click then it's all good. Try not to worry about all the particulars, we're all here to have fun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back