I f***ed up in Undertale (Contains spoilers about end game. You've been warned)

Endling

So I had never played Undertale until maybe a week ago, and I played the whole game in three days. So on the third day I got to the end where I fight Asgore, and when I start fighting him I go, "Damn. I really f***ed up, didn't I?" So I look on some forums about the fight (because you know, it's kinda what forums are for nowadays) and it said a bunch of stuff that I honestly can't remember because I have't touched Undertale since then. But it's only then that I realize I could've done the whole pacifist thing. I freaking killed Toriel, Undyne, and the fluffy doge thing (which I feel really guilty about) and I literally can't. Also I ate Toriel's pie and everything that could've helped me in Asgore's fight. I want to beat Undertale since I don't want to have to do the whole thing again, but I might have to just restart the game because with my frying pan, apron, and no healing items, I'm kind of screwed.

Riore said:
So I had never played Undertale until maybe a week ago, and I played the whole game in three days. So on the third day I got to the end where I fight Asgore, and when I start fighting him I go, "Damn. I really f***ed up, didn't I?" So I look on some forums about the fight (because you know, it's kinda what forums are for nowadays) and it said a bunch of stuff that I honestly can't remember because I have't touched Undertale since then. But it's only then that I realize I could've done the whole pacifist thing. I freaking killed Toriel, Undyne, and the fluffy doge thing (which I feel really guilty about) and I literally can't. Also I ate Toriel's pie and everything that could've helped me in Asgore's fight. I want to beat Undertale since I don't want to have to do the whole thing again, but I might have to just restart the game because with my frying pan, apron, and no healing items, I'm kind of screwed.
Undertale is a game supposed to be about you, not the best ending you can get. I wouldn't say there's any 'Wrong' way to play the game. Just because you don't get the best ending the first time through doesn't mean you 'lost' the game. It just means you got a different ending. But if you really want to, play through to the ending you're already on the path to, and then reset. There's still a whole lot in store for you in the path you're going down, and I wouldn't miss out on it if I were you. After that ending's finished, you can reset and go back to the beginning, fixing all the 'mistakes' you might've made.

I hope this helped in some way or another. Or maybe it's just me rambling on, who knows? xD

Either way, thanks for reading!

Daisie said:
Undertale is a game supposed to be about you, not the best ending you can get. I wouldn't say there's any 'Wrong' way to play the game. Just because you don't get the best ending the first time through doesn't mean you 'lost' the game. It just means you got a different ending. But if you really want to, play through to the ending you're already on the path to, and then reset. There's still a whole lot in store for you in the path you're going down, and I wouldn't miss out on it if I were you. After that ending's finished, you can reset and go back to the beginning, fixing all the 'mistakes' you might've made.
I hope this helped in some way or another. Or maybe it's just me rambling on, who knows? xD

Either way, thanks for reading!
I totally agree: the neutral run has to be the most interesting. I won't spoil anything (there's still a little not before you finish the game lol), but you'll definitely feel satisfied afterwards. Or not, you should consider resetting and doing a true pacifist run(complete every side-quest), you'll definitely feel satisfied afterwards. And OMG that ending though! ;3

Aha! The way you play Undertale does say a lot about a person... It really shows how traditional RPGs condition players to kill. How saddening. ( :( )

If you've chosen to be a pacifist, you'll have to use your determination. RESET the world, try again, because you're a better person now and you know not to kill.

Basically, unless you want to ruin the experience of Undertale 's very meta storyline, you should take the long route and start again. It won't take very long the second time because you know all the puzzles and enemy attacks.

dapperghost said:
Aha! The way you play Undertale does say a lot about a person... It really shows how traditional RPGs condition players to kill. How saddening. ( :( )
If you've chosen to be a pacifist, you'll have to use your determination. RESET the world, try again, because you're a better person now and you know not to kill.

Basically, unless you want to ruin the experience of Undertale 's very meta storyline, you should take the long route and start again. It won't take very long the second time because you know all the puzzles and enemy attacks.
The FUNNIEST thing happened when I played Undertale.

My bro played the game first, accidentally killing off Toriel. He finished the game, beat the final boss, and chose to kill him off. He thought the game was over. The funny thing is, he reset so that I could play the game as well. I chose to be an absolute pacifist, not even harming the training dummy at the beginning. We didn't even know that there were different endings, and were very surprised when things turned out differently. It was quite the adventure, not knowing quite what would happen next.

Wow, that must have been quite a shocker! (> :D )

(I don't think the below counts as a spoiler... well, we're in an Undertale thread, anyway...)

I remember that when I first played, I already knew that to free everyone you had to be a pacifist, but since I was stubborn and non-conformist I just kinda slaughtered everyone in the Ruins. Then the game punished me and I had to restart. Oops.

dapperghost said:
Wow, that must have been quite a shocker! (> :D )
(I don't think the below counts as a spoiler... well, we're in an Undertale thread, anyway...)

I remember that when I first played, I already knew that to free everyone you had to be a pacifist, but since I was stubborn and non-conformist I just kinda slaughtered everyone in the Ruins. Then the game punished me and I had to restart. Oops.
xD Well as long as you didn't go off actively killing everyone, I think you're fine. I dread to see the soul who accidentally gets that ending.... I'm so light-hearted, I outright stopped watching my brother play when he got to Snowdin. T'was to much to take in at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back