• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Commission I draw your character thread

Alexandra said:
Yikes...that's not good.
I think imma leave Lady Vera here, in case you find her interesting enough. I reckon I'll eventually get around to drawing her myself....but I need to practice armour first. I've never had a character in armour before...
Here you go Alex. I gave me good time to draw this one.

Frozen_Jeanne_D_arc.png

There wasn't any specifications for her hair and stuff so i improvised. I hope it doesn't miss your mental image by too much.

The description gave me a Joanne D'arc feel so i took some inspiration from an old drawing i had of her.

captmadjaq said:
That's why I enjoy letting someone else draw. Anyway, if you'd like a sketch or something....ask!
Here, I have a funny one for you. How about a female halfling shaving her legs? I think it's funny because of how various societies treat shaving. And. well, hobbits/halflings have furry feet. I'm sure the conservatives in the shire would find a pair of bald feet quite scandalous!
That sounds hilarious, i so gotta draw that. It isn't on-topic for this thread but i guess i'll make an exception when i get to it.

Oh and yeah, i'd totally love a sketch of one of my characters. Those are the kind of things i print and hang on my drawing wall. (The wall by my drawing table where i duct tape many of my good drawings and drawings other people have made for me.)

You can find drawings of most of my characters on this thread.

Could you draw my new Infernal, Midnight Nimbus?

A warlock of average height and pale skin, Nimbus prefers to wear dark purple, blue or black hooded cloaks, with red embroidery on them. He constantly hides his skin, primarily to hide the fact that oily black feathers grow on his wrists, ankles, ears and instead of eyebrows. His eyes are red and his short straight hair is midnight blue. He is a manipulator and has a penchant for standing in the shadows.

Also, the other stuff you've done is awesome

I did some seriously messing up on that halfling picture. The least of them being a totally wrongly placed big toe on the male one. Oh well, that's what happens when you decide to draw at 3am.

Name: Ursine Bertesdatter (Full Moon Lunar Exalt)

Spirit Shape: Ice Bear (polar bear)

Point of origin: Icewalker (Northerner)

Skin tones: fair to pale.

Muscle tone: plenty of muscle couched under the sort of fat and curves someone gets from a diet designed to keep you insulated from deadly cold.

Height: 6'5"

Eye Color: Black/dark brown

Hair: White and shorn short, it shines with a silver sheen in a certain light.

Build: Ursine is big, even for the bjornings of her tribe. Tall, broad and well appointed with muscle and fat, she's a bear of a woman who seems strong as her namesake.

Image: Ignore the armor, it looks goofy at best, but the stance, the attitude, the hair, the scar, all these fit her (in truth, the image met with a semester studying Beowulf in order to inspire Ursine). She's got better muscle definition, though. And when we're talking Beowulf we aren't talking the old man that still manages to kill a dragon, we're talking the one that tore a monster's arm off with his bare hands.

68f0cc50a2261fec887c26eeae0eb971-1.jpg

Description: Most often clad in woolen cloth of northern make, in leathers and polar bear furs, or in less fine clothing of cotton or other plant fibers, this former Icewalker chieftain stands at an imposing height compared to many. Around her neck, she wears a necklace of polar bears' fangs and claws, threaded onto a leather thong. Her white hair is kept cropped short and on her left cheek, she has a crossing pair of scars, one of which runs across the bridge of her nose.

Tattoos: As both an Icewalker and a Lunar Exalt, Ursine has tattoos of black and silver across her body marking her accomplishments, history, and achievements.

Designs: think medieval/earlier Scandinavian or Danish in terms of ornamentation. Bear motifs predominate.

Tell: Her nails are hooked and black like an Ice Bear's claws, and her canines are long like those that give bears such a bite.

[QUOTE="Thief of Words]Name: Ursine Bertesdatter (Full Moon Lunar Exalt)

Muscle tone: plenty of muscle couched under the sort of fat and curves someone gets from a diet designed to keep you insulated from deadly cold.

Build: Ursine is big, even for the bjornings of her tribe. Tall, broad and well appointed with muscle and fat, she's a bear of a woman who seems strong as her namesake.

<snip>

[/QUOTE]
Holy shit, where did you get that image?

It's wonderful...

(yes, I too understand silly fantasy armour...but the image quality is amazing)

Alexandra said:
Holy shit, where did you get that image?
It's wonderful...

(yes, I too understand silly fantasy armour...but the image quality is amazing)
I really wish I knew precisely. I found it on deviantart. It was a commission someone did for someone else that I found when I was contemplating making a Lunar for a Northern Exalted game. I'm still trying to figure out who did it, so I can give credit for the inspiration where due.

EDIT: It was found when searching for either "warrior woman" or "barbarian woman" (woman added because initial search only showed guys in beards or plate mail) that wasn't utter cheesecake and thus rubbish for my purposes.

[QUOTE="Thief of Words]Name: Ursine Bertesdatter (Full Moon Lunar Exalt)

Image: Ignore the armor, it looks goofy at best, but the stance, the attitude, the hair, the scar, all these fit her (in truth, the image met with a semester studying Beowulf in order to inspire Ursine). She's got better muscle definition, though. And when we're talking Beowulf we aren't talking the old man that still manages to kill a dragon, we're talking the one that tore a monster's arm off with his bare hands.

68f0cc50a2261fec887c26eeae0eb971-1.jpg

Description: Most often clad in woolen cloth of northern make, in leathers and polar bear furs, or in less fine clothing of cotton or other plant fibers, this former Icewalker chieftain stands at an imposing height compared to many. Around her neck, she wears a necklace of polar bears' fangs and claws, threaded onto a leather thong. Her white hair is kept cropped short and on her left cheek, she has a crossing pair of scars, one of which runs across the bridge of her nose.

Tattoos: As both an Icewalker and a Lunar Exalt, Ursine has tattoos of black and silver across her body marking her accomplishments, history, and achievements.

Designs: think medieval/earlier Scandinavian or Danish in terms of ornamentation. Bear motifs predominate.

Tell: Her nails are hooked and black like an Ice Bear's claws, and her canines are long like those that give bears such a bite.

[/QUOTE]
Oh! I forgot. She has a black tongue and lips. <.>

Hehe, I know that feel Anon ^_^ I'm waiting to see which of my characters I decide I can't live without a picture of before I post here to beg for artwork...

Sorry i'm not really doing anything for this thread recently. I left for a traditional gaming con for a week an this week i've just been woking on another little project of mine. See, i'm thinking of doing sort of a interactive story driven thing on Tumblr called the Demigod Academy. It's like a highschool thing but based on the Scion universe, a highschool where all the students are the children of gods. It was a thing my friend mentioned could be cool for a Exalted shard but i thought that would fit better to Scion and the idea just kinda swirled around in my head for several days. I'm pretty excited about this.

Sounds like it could be a fun idea. Do you already have a tumblr account? and if so what is the name?

Aww, sadness, so no more awesome pics? Like your current work though. Always keep practising as an artist, :D

Kasheal said:
Sounds like it could be a fun idea. Do you already have a tumblr account? and if so what is the name?
Well there's my modblog at http://amazingmodblog.tumblr.com/ and my old pony fandom OC ask bloc here at http://askatomsplit.tumblr.com/. They really haven't been active for a good while but when i decide to announce my idea the modblog will probably be revived.

[QUOTE="Thorn Darkblade]Aww, sadness, so no more awesome pics? Like your current work though. Always keep practising as an artist, :D

[/QUOTE]
Right now i'm working on making characters for the thing. I work pretty slow in every planning process so i can probably fit some doodles for this thread. For now here's some of the minor characters i'm working on at the moment.

MtZFYGu.png

Hm, my tablet breaking down was a pretty huge setback for me but i've bought a super discount graphics tablet, it's really crap though so i can't really draw proper clean lines with it. I can do sketches with it though so i thought i might do some more for this thread again today.

Also, it's really nice to see your character in Exalted get all sorts of cool stuff. Everyone loves design changes.

CcLNU67.png

I have a better drawing of this outfit on paper, maybe i'll scan it in when i get home later.

ThatSmellyGoblin said:
Hm, my tablet breaking down was a pretty huge setback for me but i've bought a super discount graphics tablet, it's really crap though so i can't really draw proper clean lines with it. I can do sketches with it though so i thought i might do some more for this thread again today.
Also, it's really nice to see your character in Exalted get all sorts of cool stuff. Everyone loves design changes.

CcLNU67.png

I have a better drawing of this outfit on paper, maybe i'll scan it in when i get home later.
Any chance you'd eventually be willing to do a follow-up piece (with a different, more ominous tone) to the amazing drawing you did of Hunger before?

Oh well, it's been a helluva long time but i think it's time to start this up again for today as a side thing while i work on the new update for Demigod Academy. Who's up?

Kanina is a medium-height (5'6"-5'8") Icewalker with pale skin and shoulder-length brown hair that looks like she cut it herself. She's fairly well-muscled, but in a gymnast kind of way, rather than, say, a female bodybuilder. She has blue, heavily-lidded eyes and her front two incisors are slightly bucked, kind of like Miranda Lawson's from Mass Effect (it's her tell.). She wears a leather mammoth-skin vest dyed white, with the area it buttons up left its natural brown and the outside trim dyed blue. Below the vest, her arms are left bare up until a set of leather armlets with the same color scheme as her vest, with the top of the armlets folded over the bottoms. She also wears a pair of leather gloves with hardened leather nubs at each knuckle. She wears a collar around her neck that is a separate piece from the vest and is buttoned to it to hold it in place. It's primarily blue, trimmed with brown.

Below that, she wears a small leather skirt, running down to about three inches above the knees, and bluish black tights, ending in a pair of piratey-looking boots. (Folded over at the top, a slit cut into the fold.) Most of her outfit has small silver designs running through it, mostly nonsensical woad-like whorls.

Backstory-wise, she's an ex-icewalker chieftan who, because she fled from a battle, is considered dead by her tribe. After exalting as a lunar, she came to the West to see what the rest of Creation had to offer, and wound up meeting her Solar Mate and becoming a pirate. She's pretty happy-go-lucky and relaxed, since she views her life as already having ended, she doesn't feel beholden to any kind of code of honor or bravery. She has a tendency to stand on the balls of her feet, as though she could run away at any moment.

And I think you're really awesome at art. I saw the stuff you made for Thief.

Last edited by a moderator:
None others? This gotta be the only RP site ever where i don't get overwhelmed with requests whenever i do stuff like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back