• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Hyperion Butterfly

In Character
Geo

Affan had not been in earshot of the hostile conversation, but his attention was caught when he caught the sight of Sierra pushing down another Agent. What came next didn't only startle him, but a significant number of other people nearby as their Entity came into view. The tension did reduce considerably once Entity voiced their intentions to de-escalate, though. Unfortunately, the Agent that they had pushed had still ended up on the ground, now being helped up by his own squad members. Technically speaking, the encounter had already turned physical. The other squad would not let that slide.

Encounter: Hostile Standoff

Depending on the next actions taken, the standoff may escalate into combat.

In such a case, turn order is decided by initial post order. In other words, spots in the initiative list are first-come first-serve and persist for the rest of the encounter.

The order has been established as:

-Nun
-Opposing Squad, Geo
-Mikey

Sierra had arrived, but Affan was getting up now, just in case. Those 'patriots' had followed them out, but as they were about to make their way further towards the group's table, Beatrice's red text appeared floating before their vision.

Desist.
Hostility against AGENT: NUN, is hostility against the Red Bladed Wanderer.

It startled them. Up to this point, pretty much everybody aside from the one that checked Affan's ID was under the impression that no Wanderers were in the city, and this was certainly a sudden way to learn of one's arrival, for everybody that saw the text there. It only took a few moments for them to regain their composure, though.

"You kidding? The redhead's the one that started it! If you're gonna interfere, do it like a man!" With that they swatted the text away, and were about to press on when they found their path obstructed by Affan standing there, unnoticed until now. They moved to walk around the small Agent, but he stepped in front again. "The hell is your problem-"

Then the floating text fully dissipated, and instead Affan glared up at them with the double eye glow. As if to say, here I am.

That
created a real pause in them, as the belligerents now eyed him up, seeming to at least take an extra moment to think about things however little that may have ended up being.
Code by Nano

Last edited:
In Character
Mihail's Galaxy Buds - "Inferno - 9mm Parabellum Bullet"
Mikey

Mihail's attention was altered and turnt towards Nunneth and what had just happened. Next thing he saw was Affan pressing on to get up and make their way to them.
In the moment all of Mihail's hairs stood up. The thing he wanted to avoid the most was going to happen.
He stood up as he made his way around everyone, noting that even Beatrice was angered by their actions and their speech. Shame he didn't get to hear what they said. Despite it all he now calmly and nearly silently walked around the group. Being the tallest from the bunch that were now staring in shock. Probably shat their pants.

"What could your problem be exactly?" With that Agent Mikey finally revealed himself. Standing behind them all, staring them down with his silver-blue eyes.

"What could you possibly want from my team? It would be wise to retreat before you force our hand." He crossed his arms as his PM Makarov was seen on his hip, slightly covered by the jacket he was wearing.

Code by Nano

In Character
Nun

Nun now turned and set their bowl down on the table outside, glaring at the patriotic agent. They couldn't cause conflict, their entity physically wouldn't let them.. but perhaps they can de-escalate the situation. Walking forward toward the agent, the Entity Summoner now sighed. " Listen. Incase you aren't getting this having HIM around alone will prevent causalities of our people-- " Gesturing toward Geo, who has now made himself an evident Wanderer.. Pausing, they then thought. " If you haven't looked around us, we're in desperate need of help. I understand what I did wasn't smart of me, but you can't just go around saying we can do it ourselves, patriotic or not-- this is a war against something supernatural and we need all the agents we can get to prevent disastrous Calamities like what happened in Kansas.. I'm not telling you to get rid of your beliefs, but at least just put up with it. "

The other male agent looked between the two men, scoffing. " We have Wanderer agents here in America, it's not like Europe's taken them all. "

To which, Nun rebutted; " But having more Wanderers here drop the causality rate even lower, what part isn't clicking? We're saving more lives, young and old, by just working together. I don't know much about Sicario but one thing has rung clear. We were given these abilities to carry out protecting the weak and the frail, and by joining forces we're doing that. Disagree with each others core values all you want, but if you aren't willing to protect the country you so desperately call yours, then are you really as proud as you make yourself out to be? "

The male agent furrowed his brows, he didn't seem too happy by the comment, but couldn't exactly rebuttal the statement as false.

Code by Nano

In Character
Geo

The glow from his eyes faded, seeing no need to try and continue to look threatening. He listened passively to Nun's rather well-put-together speech, but his attention was caught later on, during a reference to Wanderers. The reason for that, was because of some information that hadn't been released to the public. That being:

All Wanderers had a private communication channel with just them, provided by Sicario. This was to help them avoid each other, but the reason it was even possible was because the amount of Wanderers on the planet was frighteningly sparse, currently at barely over 10 total compared to the hundreds of agents in each other category. The other startling piece of information the Wanderers had gleamed from this, was that no Wanderer had originated in America. They'd all travelled to the continent due to follow the directions of Beatrice.

But, the public didn't really need to know all that.

It seemed like Nun had succeeded in de-escalating. He'd started to turn away as the patriot grumbled. The two other in his squad, between him and Mihail, were also starting to turn away now. Affan was pretty glad about the outcome. He'd always prefer not to have to fight another human being, so he was happy as long as nobody reacted too strongly to words-

"...annoying bitch," the patriot had muttered under his breath, trying to at least get the last word in.

The next thing Affan knew, his foot was connecting into the man's face, heel crashing directly into the side of his teeth. It seemed that he'd just thrown out a backwards hook kick without realising. The patriot had been knocked down, groaning as the other two of his squad looked at the Wanderer in disbelief. And then they stepped towards him.

"...Oh dear."

He really hadn't meant to do that.

Rival Agent Squad

During conflicts between Agents, there are two main rules that Sicario enforces. The first is to remain non-lethal. The second is to never cause collateral damage to the people or objects around you. Violations of either will incur penalties depending on the severity.

Turn Order remains from the standoff:

-Nun
-Opposing Squad, Geo
-Mikey

Code by Nano

In Character
Mikey

Agent Mikey was just as shocked. However he saw it all unveil.. His incredibly fast reflex saw the whole bodily react of his fellow wingman. The agent getting his jaw disaligned almost by the sheer ferocity of the kick..

For the most part Mihail was planning on staying passive. Engaging with other agents is not good and to be honest, he didn't want to hurt anybody really. But given the circumstances and what had just happened he wasn't given much of a choice but to join in the fun.
While the other two approach Mihail had already composed himself. His breathing being steady.

"Good job, Geo." The large slavic male suddenly stepped forward, his nikeys getting bent as he pressed on to charge directly into them both. He aimed to break them apart, giving Geo an easier chance to follow up or to at least take it 1 on 1.
He charged with hands open, slightly leaned forward and prepared to grapple whoever was in his way!

Almost like a Sekiro Shadow Die Twice boss he ran into the first agent with the speed he had collected. His hands going for the agents forearm and jeans. He had grappled the man, lifting him up. From the side Mikey could be seen slightly turning red as he pushed himself to lift the I'm uncultured up.. What followed was him slamming him directly down onto the cold floor. Dropped like a sack of potatoes.. No! Even harder that that. His foot now reeling back to make the final deciding kick..

"This is what you get for talking shit!" That was almost roared out of Mihail as the fellow agent dropped down.
Code by Nano

In Character
Nun

Turning on their heel to go back toward their meal, they sighed and ran their fingers through their bangs stressfully. Jeez.. that was a close on--

As they heard the impact and then followed by the clattering of the agent's hitting the floor- Nun quickly turned, seeing that it was the OPPOSITE team. Oh, god damnit Michael. Feeling the tap on their shoulder followed by a clawed hand now peeling off their eyepatch again, this time swiping it completely off- as it began to glow stronger than during the first appearance.

" You should learn to bite your tongue. "

" Oh bite me, you enjoy this. " Mumuring, the Entity Summoner now closed their good eye- and raised their hand, the large entity behind them mimicked- and as their hands swooped down- a inky barrier was now build between her teammates and the opposing team, another inky construct, this time a claw emerged from below Geo's and Mikey's feet, grabbing them and pushing them back toward the sightless Entity Summoner. The feminine entity now chimed in. " But because your own so clearly want to entertain the idea of a fight, perhaps I'll play along. " Glancing back to the two.

As the barrier fell and the Entity stepped closer, the patriotic agent began to scramble to his feet, while he was rearing to go and fight-- having an eight foot tall skull-headed entity walk toward you with a unhinged jaw.. it was hard to want to stay and see what was happening. Inky spikes surrounded the trio as the entity crouched now- " Now. Are we going to fight like preschoolers? I'd hate to be the reason you die. " As the entity now spoke with a vile aura around them, she formed a normal humanoid face and smiled all cutesy. " Haha... " A feminine laugh, before a growl overtook as the face now melted off down to the bone again. " Hm.. Interesting. " It seemed she had noted something, but simply responded with. " Now go. "

Code by Nano

In Character
Five's Song
Geo

Mihail's opponent was certainly dropped down, although not with as much force as he probably would have hoped. Despite the strength he'd put into it, the impact was unnaturally soft, as if cushioned by something or rather as if the target's weight had simply decreased suddenly. This was of course the price of charging straight into an enemy before the party Navi could give guidance, as otherwise he'd have sooner seen Beatrice's warning about the target being a Blurred Paradigm, the text now finally visible to him during the reeling of his foot. And now, the Paradigm swept their leg under Mihails' during the moment that the Ether Mancer had trapped himself with his own move.

Affan meanwhile had been raising his elbow up to parry a swinging punch from the other opponent, but before impact the fighters were separated by the same force that was now preventing Mihail's foe from retaliating. That being, Sierra's Entity had just dragged the two away from their fights and established a barrier. Affan looked on and regained his bearings from the abrupt interruption. Once his own mind cleared from that, Beatrice's functions returned just in time for the Entity to finish making their threats. Unfortunately, they'd made the same mistake Mihail had.

Wait, that's not the-

The ink froze and shattered, and a blinding light emitted not from the Patriot, but from the squadmate behind him. The one Affan had been about to clash into before the interruption. When the initial flashbang was over, floating there was some sort of large owl, with overgrown horns akin to that of a goat. The light in the room refracted and reflected luminously from the horns' crystal-like coating. The enemy Entity Summoner was crouched, nursing their gloved hand, but it was hard to see much of them now that they were a dark silhouette against the Entity. The other two belligerents had likewise retreated to behind the beast, both now labelled as Blurred Paradigms. The most logical explanation here was that the patriot had been mimicking the signature of his ally.

"Such arrogance. You detected the presence of one of your own kind, and yet you chose to continue on your course. Did you believe yourself superior to your ethereal peers? Perhaps your inexperience is such that you have not even attempted combat against another such as yourself." The deep voice boomed from the owl, speaking with an eloquence that hardly matched its summoner.

The temperature in the room had now dropped dramatically. Those that were closer to the entity found that their breaths were now visible in the air, and even some snowflakes had begun to float around.

'Bifrost'
dnd-campaigns-icewind-dale-rime-of-the-frostmaiden-horned-owl-artwork.jpg

Code by Nano

In Character
Mikey

The tall agent was kicked onto his stomach. Unknowning of who the enemy was.. If only he had paid attention. Now the glasses were going to be shattered as the enemy reeled their foot back to return what Mihail was going to send out. His arms slid up front in a cross, to block of course.. But there was no impact. He simply felt a grip onto his ankle, followed by him sliding along the floor to the safety of his team. He moved his arms away before turning and rolling backwards. He planted his feet down before getting up.

Once up on his feet he patted himself off before looking at the others. Then right back at the enemy team before everything got iced.
"Okay, I believe that we're getting into the lethal side of things. It would be wiser not to kill eachother via our cool stands, yeah?"
He tried to chime in an idea, which he didn't quite like because they already swung on them and quite hard. Well not exactly 'hard' in his case, but at least they kicked the patriot in the mouth.
Code by Nano

In Character
Nun

The entity seemed pleasantly surprise by the presence of a colder, more animalistic looking one. She simply smiled, crossing her arms. " I don't consider myself superior, I simply was seeing if you'd even come out. " The entity lacked any sense of fear toward the other entity, rather viewing them as equals- nothing above, nothing below. " Perhaps your Entity Summoner should learn to control his behaviour. After all it was your groups rude comment that irked a physical retaliation of mine. "

Nun only seemed to scoff at what they were hearing from their entity-- with a raised voice to catch the attention of all the agents, they spoke; " Perhaps we should just apologize, de-escalation would be better fitting than us being at each others throats. " The frigid temperature from the larger owl-like entity was sending goosebumps down their arms and chills up their spine.

At this point, they just wanted to spend time with their friends, and was more than willing to own up to their mistake.

" In fact, I'll go first. I apologize. I shouldn't have reacted that way. " Despite no eye-contact due to the nature of their contract, their tone sounded genuine, stressed and overall done with the situation.

Code by Nano

In Character
Geo

The Owl-like entity stared forth. Anybody could guess what they were thinking about Nun's Entity's ridiculous notions. Still, it eventually glanced down to Nun and directed its voice to them.

"Your entity may have escalated to ridiculous degrees, but they were not the first to do so, nor were you. That responsibility lies with him."

It had pointed at Geo. It was true, he did kick a guy in the mouth for muttering something under their breath. De-escalation was something Geo wanted too, since mathematically they'd be outmatched in magical ability. However...

"I don't much regret my action."

Bifrost stared at him. Then nodded.

"Nor should you."

The Patriot that had been kicked snapped their head towards the entity in disbelief. Then the Entity Summoner thwapped them on the back of the head, having fully gloved their steaming hand again. "You were an idiot," they said, as their Entity dispersed.

"I don't care about fighting in the first place," they continued. "I'm just obligated to bail these guys out when they need it."

With that they turned and left towards their own table, the other two sheepishly following after a moment. When they were far enough, Geo let out a long sigh.

"I didn't expect things to get so out of hand. Let's just eat and move on from here."

SICARIO AGENT CODENAME: SNOW
6b70f33b4a550c8c11e1b12b4979a609.jpg

Code by Nano

In Character
Mikey

Watching Mihail decided to remain quiet and let the other two deal with the situation, besides he knew the situation had blown over.. The owl was nicer than he seemed, despite icing the entire place. So much for a nice warm soup, right? Anyway the agent made his way towards the table with the other two before finally breaking in, laughing. The laughter was short-lived before he followed suit, sighing after Geo did. He sat down, tilting his head.

"I knew you could kick ass, but I never expected you to move solely on your whim and instict, Affan." He spoke before he dug into his soup, while cold it was still soup!
"I'm quite excited to visit the rink too. Uh, Nun, are there any good energy drinks here? That actually work, I mean." He asked, head turning to look at the agent. His light smile persisted despite how cold the chair was.
Code by Nano

Users who are viewing this thread

Back