• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Hunters

pilgrim_

now a major motion picture
Foreword: I have an idea for an RP, but I won't honestly bother with any lore, maps, etc, unless I see good interest. I absolutely need people with a lot of time or motivation.

In the ancient unexplored lands of Zaraia, the Eruscan valley-people have come together in the face of a greater threat than the wild mountain men or the frigid waters of the Nevaskan ocean beyond the hills- a source of otherworldly powers has taken its grip on everything alive. Insects stalk the trees and turn men mad, monstrous birds leave scars on travellers, sometimes plants alone take away people in their sleep.

For some, religion is to blame- the abandonment of the ancient animal spirits which are so popular in the mountains. For others, the scholars and alchemists in the capital of Tsuring are meddling in godly affairs regardless of what you believe. Despite the fear, the Eruscan lords have banded together to fend off the growing hill-dwellers, most adopting the religion of the Hand.

A year followed- and so-called Eruscan hunters, beast-hunters, bestivtsy, or just hunters- have taken to the dark forests south of the Zaraian mountains, bringing back monster bodies, enchanted pelts, and other flora or fauna commodities to sell to interested researchers. These hunters set up outposts, some mapping out spots of specific beasts, others noting certain routes. Nobody, however, has gone far enough to find the source of the magic or the legendary Velykanoz- an apparently huge specimen with any number of alchemical properties in its body, owing to the strong "sorcerery-fever" that many experience when they go too deep.

Now the hunters are infamous, the monsters are only getting worse, and the people are divided in fear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back