• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic HUNTERS

Before walking away IG-63 would whack jack one last time. "objective: Find target and attempt to keep him alive." This wasn't the best mission for the droid as most targets end up.....terminated. Although his acrobatic skills would be useful in the long run. Next time he might get to terminate the target.

She didn't appreciate the quip from Jack, making sure to file that in her brain for later. Not now, of course, but she wouldn't just let him get away with a comment like that. Again, she stepped towards the back, watching the boys all bicker and fight. It was... tiring, but at least they were distracted for a bit. The less she had to reveal about herself, the better.

Things calmed at least slightly when Ajax spoke up, and for that she was grateful. Pulling her hair back into a quick ponytail, she listened carefully, going over what little details they had in the first place. She scoffed, outwardly this time, at Jack. "Yeah, cause you're such an upstanding and sophisticated individual yourself." Dropping her hands to her side she approached Jack, leaning a little bit closer than expected, "and if you do anything to jeopardize this mission, I will personally see to it that you can never make another sarcastic quip again." A smile lined her face, backing away again.

Jack chuckled at her comment, saying, "Yeah. I don't exactly quote Shakespeare and drink tea. But yeah. I won't. Teamwork makes the dream work, right? And sorry for the bad start. I'll try not to be an asshole to you." He extended his hand, his voice actually having sincerity for the first time in a while. He really did mean it. His time in his old gang taught him that you trust the person beside you, and do your damndest to keep them alive. He was glad that she at least wasn't a bimbo, and could think for herself.
Smollest Bean Smollest Bean

She shook his hand, expression returning to normal. If she was honest, and of course she never was when it came to matters of emotion or feelings or really anything except facts and objectives, the team looked like it was made from a pretty good group of people. Well, creatures. Assuming the lot of them could manage to stop arguing long enough to catch this creep, she figured things might be looking up. Staying next to Jack, her arms folded across her chest, she watched the rest of the group.
Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Ajax didn't say anything as Jack commented on the target that wasn't allowed to be killed or eaten. If Jack had gotten here on time then he might have heard things before but his words seemed to diffuse the situation somewhat. Briefly it looked like there might be another confrontation between the woman bounty hunter and Jack but it was diffused rather quickly, Ajax's sharp hearing picking up the words the woman issued to Jack that others might have missed. Stepping up from the wall he was leaning against he turned his gaze towards the captain. "What is the layout of Hex's red light district and what is the age of the sun?" he questioned the captain. If it was a younger hotter sun than his home world or earth's then he would need to retreat to his room to get his blinders on and keep his transparent lids over his eyes. Though if it was night then he would be alright, the various moons didn't affect his vision. Atlas Marvel Atlas Marvel

Last edited:
At the strange dog/lizard/alien's question, Vos leaned forward a little, anticipating their leader's response. Such information would prove mighty useful in preparation for this assignment; with the layout, he would be able to keep his bearings as he searched for their target, and with the sun's age... well, he couldn't think of anything useful about that right away, but there had to be something.

(About the little crew fight, you did NOT shoot into the ship's ceiling and also do NOT smoke in the ship)
(Also sorry for my absence, school and personal issues overwhelmed me)

Jasper watched Jack as he lazily introduced himself. He admired his honesty and smugness, but he hoped his hangover wouldn't affect his chance at a first impression when the crew had to hunt down Grizzly. Jasper expected a decent amount of initiative from each member.

"Pleasure to meet you as well, Jack."

Jasper then noticed the tensions rising between the crew members.

"Hey! You'd better learn how to play nice. I will not tolerate conflict between crew members. We work as a team and refrain from hurtful comments. You'll all be put to the test in this bounty hunt, so don't think you're better than anyone else on this ship. I'm judge, jury, and executioner, so I suggest you stay professional."
At this point, Jasper was standing up, letting his strong, general-like posture assert his authority as captain. He had set down his chips and his voice boomed through the ship. Jasper was shocked at how quickly tensions rose, but he hoped the crew would stay friendly. So far, the one who impressed him the most was Totem. He expected him to be the aggressive type, but he seemed to hold in all of his frustration pretty well. Jasper then turned to Totem and chuckled when he heard his question.

"Totem, I haven't the slightest idea of the age of the sun. You might wanna look it up over there," Jasper says as he points to a computer neatly installed into the wall.
"I know why you're asking though, and it doesn't matter anyway. It's currently night time in Hex City. As for the layout, there's not much to say. It's crowded, dirty, and confusing. There's mostly short roads and a lot of turns, so there won't be any way to view much from any angle while on the ground. We do have downloadable maps though. Which reminds me, I need to give you all your standard issue communicators! It's a nifty little device that you can wear on your wrist. As for you, Droid, I have an adhesive device that you can, uh...stick to your head or something. You should be able to just think about communicating and it'll activate, if you call it thinking. Not sure how that works but you'll figure it out once you put it on."

Jasper walks over to a wall and places his hand on it. A blue light surrounds his hand and a quiet hissing sound is produced by a small compartment that swivels open. Each communicator is neatly placed in the compartment. Jasper jerks his head towards the compartment.

"Get 'em while they're hot! We're about to land. You can forget about your introductions by the way. I think I've seen what I needed to see. I've got your files anyway."

Jasper returns to the master console and guides the Atlas as it descends.

Ajax yawned as the tensions rose between the various crew members. The Zalbilian's ears perked forward as the captain stood up and began speaking to everyone, telling them to more or less behave and not kill each other or damage the ship. He then began answering Ajax's questions. Looking over at the computer set into the wall, he began walking over to it. Listening as Jasper said he knew why Ajax was asking about the sun's age, he reached the computer and began inputting information into it. He took in the details of the layout of the city and the fact that it was night which might not mean anything to the droid or the strange humanoid creatures on board but it was good for him to know. He wouldn't need to go back to his nest...room...and get his blinders then before departing the ship.

An image of the sun appeared before him. Lifting a clawed paw, Ajax began pressing on the computer itself, information on the sun and its solar system coming up on screen. His eyes scanned the information he was reading. It wasn't a binary sun system, although pretty and it didn't appear to have many moons either. His own world had been rather unique...a binary sun system and three moons. Their largest moon had held life though Ajax couldn't remember what they were. The sun appeared to be 2.6 billion years of age. Not too young so it wouldn't affect his vision any. Satisfied with the information, Ajax went back to the main screen and looked over at the captain as he stood by an open small compartment, speaking of communication devices. Leaving the computer, Ajax made his way over to the compartment and peered at it before picking out a communicating device that looked big enough for his wrist. Snagging it in his paw, he slipped it onto his wrist and pulled the cinch tight so it would remain on. Walking back to the doors leading into the main hall, he dropped to all fours and began pacing, his golden eyes staring down at his wrist and checking to see if it moved as he walked. His claws tapped over the floor before hissing to himself. The communication device would do.

IG-63 listened to the captain speak and watched as he walked over to a panel which opened a section of the wall. He wasn't sure about this adhesive device he mentioned, slightly worried it would scramble his systems. "your device better not fry my circuits." He would state bluntly before walking over.

Vos retrieved a communicator from the compartment and strapped it to his wrist. He was relieved that they would be abandoning introductions after all; he wasn't exactly the type to spill everything about himself. He returned to his seat and proceeded to make a check of all his equipment before the Atlas hit ground.

The night seemed to descend along with the Atlas, and the artificial gravity was automatically disabled due to the presence of the natural gravity of the planet. The view of deep space was replaced by the scene of Hex City and all of its impressive lights. People filled the streets while flying cars steadily moved through the air. Because of the lack of air space, many cars were forced to go into ground mode and use the streets. Jasper carefully maneuvered his vessel through the personal ship lanes, which were much wider than the car lanes, and descended through each level of air space to finally land in the main docking complex of Hex City. There were more lights on the complex than any other part of Hex City so that pilots could land safely. Landing gear ejected from the bottom of the Atlas, and the ship sank onto its designated personal landing area. Jasper had paid for the premium care package, so complex personnel dressed in blue began surrounding the ship to refuel and began making sure it was running perfectly.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen, we've arrived! Thank you for flying Atlas Airlines, we hope to see you again. But seriously we need to get off so these guys can do their jobs, and so our target doesn't get away. Grab your weapons, communicators, and other gear and let's get moving!"

Jasper walked down the main hall to the back of the ship and placed his hand on the wall to open the large cargo door. A ramp slowly came down until it touched the landing pad, and Jasper walked down to wait for his crew.

IG-63 grabbed his designated communicator and latched it onto the side of his head. He then went to meet the captain at the bottom of the ramp. He would then wait for the rest of the crew as he began to scan the area.

Ajax waited for the ship to descend through the layers of the atmosphere of this city and touch down before moving. Instead of heading towards the hatch that the captain and IG went down, the reptilian-wolf headed towards the main hall, standing on his back legs to get the doors opened before disappearing inside. Wandering through the hallway to his room, his tongue flicked in and out as he scented the air, the scent of smoke still evident within from Jack. Entering his room, he disappeared within and grabbed a spear as well as a knife. He also grabbed his master's assault rifle and slung it over his shoulder. With his powerful tail, bite and claws he could do well on his own but he thought it best to be prepared. His race traditionally hunted with bow and arrows or spears as well as using knives, clubs and swords.

Ajax didn't have a club and he didn't have a sword. He would need to get one of each when he got some more money. Once his money was secure and he'd checked his communication device again, he set off at a run towards the opened hatch, moving surprisingly quickly on all fours. Emerging into the control room, he turned left and headed down the short hall to the open hatch, his tongue flickering as he emerged from the ship and into the open environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back