• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic HUNTERS

Atlas Marvel

Atlas Marvel
"All systems doing fine. We'll be landing in just a few minutes. Hope you guys know about piloting a ship because I'll need some of your help."

Jasper stretches his arms above his head, takes a deep breath through his nose, and exhales through his mouth as he rests his hands on the ship's main console. He spins around in his chair to face his new crew.

"Alright, so quick recap: Guy's name is Kano, folks call him Grizzly. Sources say he wanders around Hex City's Red Light District often. Not exactly an upstanding citizen from what I've heard, so we'll hang around the area for a bit and pounce at the first sign of a ruckus. Now's your chance to tell me a bit about yourselves other than what's in your files since we've only just met. I'll go first just to break the ice for you shy types.
As you probably already knew, I'm Jasper Nova, your crew leader and captain of this ship. You can call me Jazz, if you'd like. Besides being your captain and leader, I'm also a pretty good bounty hunter, but one person can only do so much, so you can appreciate the fact that I searched long and hard for each of you. I also made sure to do my research, but I'm hoping you'll surprise me. My files are available to you as well, just so we're equally exposed. So, who's next?"

Jasper smirks at his crew, waiting for a response.

Smollest Bean Smollest Bean SP3CT3R SP3CT3R scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

HUNTERS CS

HUNTERS OOC

Last edited:
She doesn't say much, taking in the surroundings. Of course, she listened to every word he mentioned, but chose to 'forget' the ice-breaker part. Socializing, or rather getting close to people around her, had never been a strong suit, and she intended to keep that as her only 'weakness'. She's sure to stand towards the back, being able to see every other person in the room. The pilot seems like an okay guy, but the whole warm-and-fuzzy thing was simply not going to go well for her. Sure, she wanted to know about them, it gave her an advantage, but she would not be sharing anything she didn't have to. Not like this.

"You spoke of a target, why is being tracked down? What's the offense?" Sure, she could be portrayed as cold-hearted, but she didn't like tracking down anyone she didn't deem 'worthy' of the beating she knew she'd end up handing out.

The ship, dubbed the Atlas, flew smoothly through the skies. Opposite the control system of the ship stood a small crew of four bounty hunters. Turning his chair around to face the silent crew was the captain of the ship. The Zalbilian rested on his hind legs as he watched the captain speak to the crew, introducing himself and then asking them to share information. For a moment nobody responded, until one of the crew members spoke up, only they didn't introduce themselves. Instead they asked a question on why the target was the prey of the mission and the crime that had been committed.

The reptilian-wolf creature leaning against one wall with his arms crossed in front of his chest as he looked from one person to the other. He stood on one side of the control room, watching the others, just as they were probably all watching him. "On missions, refer to me by Celtic Eye. Otherwise refer to me as Totem," spoke Ajax. "I am...a Zalbilian and am from a world..." he hissed in annoyance, his forked tongue sliding out of his mouth and then being withdrawn back in, "...that is far from this planet."

Thalestris observed the creature from the other side of the ship. It was clear to see he was a more primal being, and part of her admired that. It wasn't easy being entirely ruthless and rash when in a new environment, but she decided him dangerous, and thought it best to befriend him in a sense, rather than get on his bad side.

"Totem," She liked the name, liked the way it seemed to roll off her tongue, but more than anything she liked the idea that this guy would have her back, "If we ever split up, you're on my team." She had a sly smirk, but more than anything this was her being friendly.

So far, only two of the crew had spoken. Three if Ajax counted the captain. The other two members of the crew had not yet spoken yet and Ajax wondered if they were both deaf, or as the humans of earth said, shy. One of his ears twitched as he caught the woman from before speaking in his direction and so, he turned his head towards her. His third eyelids were pulled back exposing the golden eye itself as he looked at the creature that looked human but didn't smell like it. She appeared to be looking at him silently until she spoke again, giving him a sly smirk.

Ajax's ears swiveled forward as he looked at the female, the only female within the ship his more primal instincts reminded him. Not that the Zalbilian was interested in mating. He'd like to see his home world again at least, see if his parents and nest mates were still alive. His body remained facing the captain as he his head turned to his left and he gave a curt nod of his head, a strange thing to see on one of the non-human beings but years of captivity at the hands of human and elf had led him to picking up some of their gestures and emotions. Not that their emotions led towards making him in any way a complacent being or tempered his own complex personality. "Perhaps," Ajax said. That probably depended on the captain.

Jasper smiles at Thalestris after she asks her question about the mission instead of introducing herself.

"Well, miss Abazi, Kano is known for doing much more than taking young girls home and gets aroused by hurting them. The dude is an absolute sicko and needs to be taken away, not killed. However, this is meant to be a beginner mission so I can see how you all work, so don't worry too much. Now, care to introduce yourself to the crew?"

Jasper begins snacking on a bag of chips from some foreign planet. The chips slightly glowed a dark blue color. Jasper admires the sheer size of Ajax as he introduces himself.

"Pleasure to meet you, Totem," Jasper said with his mouth half full. His eyes analyze the reptilian a while longer before returning them to Thalestris.

Ajax turned his head from the female bounty hunter as she continued looking at him to face the captain. Uncrossing his arms, he lifted a clawed hand in acknowledgement of the captain's greeting towards him before falling silent. Ajax had said all he was going to say. One of his ears twitched and then swiveled to the side as he heard another voice speak up, what seemed a harsh grating sound meeting his ears and he turned to see, what his second master had called a droid. His second master had described droids as a further advancement into the robots they had created at least half a century ago, if not longer. He'd also been told the droids tended to work on ships run by human smugglers and travelers to other planets, doing tasks that were too risky for other races, and had varying degrees of intelligence programmed into them. There also appeared to be different classes with varying degrees of what the humans termed AI or artificial intelligence but neither master had gone into the classes of droids and their overall uses. Some working as servants and some as assassins who had no masters and answered to nobody.

Ajax knew droids didn't need food or water either and were created, usually by other sentient life forms. His own world didn't have droids, his race had no need of them but he supposed that things could have changed with the years he had been gone. Ajax hissed again in annoyance, not pleased with the fact that his file would be open for the other members of the crew to view. "I can pilot a ship," Ajax said. He couldn't drive those ancient land vehicles but they weren't equipped for his race so he mostly traveled by walking and running when on land or swimming if he was near water.

IG-63 turned towards the voice. How could a creature such as this be intelligent enough to pilot a ship? It was probably even created in a lab. "question: How could you pilot a ship?" He may have struck a nerve with this creature if he spoken the reason he didn't think this being could pilot the ship. "I believe I am more capable of piloting the ship."

Jack was many things. Womanizer, scoundrel, rogue, but a morning person or a man with a clean liver was not one of them. He was sprawled across his bed, bottle in one hand, and The Diplomat in the other. He passed out playing with it, and he was lucky he didn't load it, or else he may have shot his other eye out. The alarm went off, Jack throwing his bottle at the clock as the glass container shattered and knocked the clock off the shelf he installed beside his bed. He eventually woke up, groaning as he felt like a dreadnought hit him in the face and then came back for seconds. He got up, going through his "schedule" of getting dressed, somewhat brushing his teeth and then going to the airlock for a smoke. After he was finished, he came into the room with everyone else, sitting down as he said groggily, "Hey, guys. I'm Jack Flannagan. Just call me Jack. While on any other circumstance I would love to talk with a gorgeous woman, a guy, and a lizard dog thing, my head is trying to kill me from last night, so I'm going to sleep. Tell me when we get there, yeah?" He then propped his legs up on a console as he hung his head and dozed off.

Last edited:
More capable. She scoffed inwardly at the idea. Wouldn't want either of you to trip over your ego's on the way to pilot the ship. She said nothing, keeping a blank expression over her face. She turned back to the captain, observing him and his blue bag of chips. The least she could do, she figured, was hear this guy out. She didn't tend to play well with others, but if the pay was good, and the company wasn't going to constantly try to murder her, she figured someone watching her back would be... nice.

At Jack's failure to mention him, he would pull out his shotgun and load a round into the chamber. He walked over and slammed the console beside him, and proceed to whack him upside the head with his shotgun. "ignorant meatbag."

Only a snicker left her mouth. It was funny, but it was also Karma for being late to the party, and not taking the mission seriously. Besides, she was a lot more than a pretty face, and the sooner everyone understood she could kick there asses three ways to Wednesday, the better.

Jack was snoring loudly, being knocked out of his chair when the robot smacked him. He held his head, saying, "Owww! What the fuck? Why did you do that? God, my head!" He got up, reaching for his gun before realizing he forgot his gun. He held his hands up, backing away as he said, "No hard feelings, right?" He was the kind of person who was only concerned with his survival and the survival of those he considers friends, and if it means ass kissing, so be it. He sat back down, leaning back in his chair as he frowned at the woman, saying, "Oh shut up. How about I smack you with a shotgun, see how that feels?"
skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai
Smollest Bean Smollest Bean

The Atlas was a dump, Vos thought, its crew possibly moreso. He hadn't been here for too long, and already, the droid and the man it had just assaulted were bickering. He shook his head; this was going to be a long assignment.
He withdrew one of his B3s, cocked it, and aimed it at the droid's cylindrical metal head, without rising from his seat. "Do that again, my mechanical friend," he said, in his heavily digitized voice, "and you won't be piloting any ships anytime soon. Possibly ever again. Our job here is to hurt our targets, not our teammates." He tightened his trigger finger visibly, so that the droid would notice. "I hope I've made my point clear?"

Jack was leaning back in the chair when the shit went off, and he fell out of his chair again as he said, "Jesus! Don't fire that thing in here! You'll suck us all out into space!" He sighed, sitting back down straight as he said, "Now, who are we going after again, Jazz?" He sighed, lighting a cigarette as he breathed in and blew the smoke away from everyone as to not be rude and blow it into their faces. He preferred to smoke in the airlock, but he was only smoking one, and the smell wasn't too bad nowadays. He sighed with relief when Vos pointed the gun at the homicidal robots, not saying anything or even looking at the thing.
capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Despite having a gun pointed at his head, Vos didn't flinch; this wasn't his first time in such a situation. Instead, he chose to stare down the droid, the yellow eye-lights in his helmet boring into the droid's optical sensors.
"I used 'friend' sarcastically. Now do us a favor, and step off."

"Of course it's not." Vos returned his B3 to its holster, then resumed his previous position in his chair.
As he sat, he scanned the area, taking special note of the different individuals that made up the motley crew of the Atlas. He had not forgotten that their leader, the one who had introduced himself as Jasper, was still going through crew introductions; he decided that he'd go last.
His eyes fell on the man that the droid had needlessly assaulted, and he nodded to him.

skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Ajax's tongue flickered out of his mouth as scents of nicotine and liquor appeared within the air. Coming from the main hallway into the control center appeared another member of the crew...this made it five...six if counting the captain. One eye watched the newest crew member introduce himself as he came out and then proceed to a chair where he put his feet up on the console. Ajax didn't smoke though the nicotine did bring some flavor to fresh meat. One of his eyes rolled to look at the droid as it spoke to him.

"How could you pilot a ship? I believe I am more qualified to pilot a ship."

Ajax once more pulled his tongue back into his mouth, the scents lingering faintly in the air but mostly concentrated within the hall. It was one way his kind scented though they could do so with their noses, tasting the air with their tongues was a more efficient way of doing so. With the doors closing off, separating the rest of the ship with the control room, he watched the droid go and begin to assault the one calling himself Jack. The knocking about served to wake the strange male up and he began speaking to both the unknown female crew member and the droid.

The captain didn't appear to either notice what was going on in front of him or doing anything to stop it. It wasn't as entertaining as what either of his masters had thought entertaining but it broke up the boredom of ship life. From somewhere else within the room another voice spoke, even as the woman began snickering at the strange man getting beaten up. At the shot of the gun, Ajax's tail which rested on the floor behind him, well his tail always rested on the floor jerked restlessly and in agitation. All this bickering took the attention off of Ajax which was just fine with him.

Yet the entertainment came to an end, at least between the strange male named Jack and the droid termed IG-63 with the gun of the sixth mysterious crew member who had was probably holed in a corner somewhere of the control room. That meant...six...seven now if he counted the captain, crew members on board. Six if the captain considered himself above the crew. The droid and the strange man began arguing, both pointing guns at each other and Ajax hissed in annoyance. Better to save one's strength for the prey...eh...target then fight it out in a moving a ship. "We are hunting down...target...known as Grizzly who gets off on hurting girls he takes home," Ajax said towards Jack. "He's supposed to be taken alive." As for IG-63's question, he wasn't all that inclined to speak of the business of either of his masters', and anyway...that information might or might not be in his file.

Information, should it be found in his file would list his piloting skills due to training beneath his second master. His elf master hadn't been exactly a light creature, more intelligent and long living compared to the human race, and had dabbled in other interests of a darker nature, one of those interests being in the profitable business of smuggling. Eventually the entertainment as it were ended. Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Mentioned: capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai Atlas Marvel Atlas Marvel

Jack took a drag from his cigarette, nodding at the man who calmed the robot down. He was glad at least one of these guys had some common sense to tell the robot to calm down. He nodded at the lizard thing, saying, "Grizzly. Charming name. I bet he's an upstanding and sophisticated individual." He blew the smoke out, eventually putting the cigarette out as he out the extinguished butt in his coat pocket until he blasted it out the airlock.
scorpiodragon scorpiodragon
capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back