• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunters' Journey [Closed]

Thelonious watched in complete awe as Lo let her temper lose. He knew he would face prejudice from pure elves, so he was somewhat prepared, but apparently Lo didn't take too kindly to that. He knew he'd be able to look back on this moment and chuckle, but right now he couldn't help his eyes from widening and his jaw to slack slightly. She was a a scary sight to behold, but at the same time Thelonious found himself even more attractive to the little firecracker than he already was.

He stumbled after Lo, noticing the blood dripping from her hand. However, Thelonious wasn't going to risk his own teeth until she'd calmed down. Eventually she turned to look at him and despite the situation and his current unnerving location, Thelonious chuckled. "Am I okay? I think you're asking the wrong person." He sent a cheeky grin in her direction, hoping it would calm her down further. "But yes, I'm fine, I'm used to these types of situations. You on the other hand..."

Without thinking, Thelonious stepped closer to Lo, reaching out softly and taking her bloodied hand in his own calloused ones. "Are you okay?" Realising what he was currently doing, he dropped her hand and rubbed the back of his neck rather sheepishly, his cheeks glowing a bright red. Thelonious coughed to clear his throat, "You need to get this patched up."

Aanor'Loren found his hands comforting and a warm feeling rose up in the pit of her stomach as he examined her hand. With a shy smile, she turned her head away, covering her blushing face as best she could. "Later. First we need to see the elders before Tythlin takes the opportunity to get in the way." She said, holding Thelonious's hand in her own as she headed towards a large communal building directly ahead of them.

Within, she knew, were nine men and women, each an expert in their chosen vocations, and she would have to convince no less than six of them to grant them aid against the dark fey within the forest.

She shook her head to clear her mind of negative thoughts, replaced them with an expression of determination, and strode directly towards the four guards watching her from outside the building.

Thelonious's own cheeks flushed a light shade of pink when Lo retook his hand in her own and led him forward. He watched her shoulders as they went from tensed to relaxed, and he knew she was preparing herself for meeting the elders. If the meeting with this Tythlin elf was anything to go by, the elders would be incredibly difficult to convince.

As they walked Thelonious's eyes travelled around the village and a seed of envy settled within him when he saw how much of a community lived within the confines of the trees. Never had he had that. Every elf here had the others back, save for Lo, she seemed to be a fire cracker all on her own and he wondered if that's why they seemed to get along so well. Thelonious had been shunned from the society he was supposed to have been born in to and Lo seemed to want to tread her own path rather than the one set before her by her people.

The two neared upon four guards and hastily Thelonious let go of Lo's hand. First impressions and all. Taking a deep breath, Thelonious squared his shoulders and hid his nerves behind a steely glance, following Lo's lead.

She spoke an even fluid elven, listing her name and titles, "I am Aanor'Loren Alrama'Elusnial, huntress and herbalist, heart of the dragon, and daughter of Mira'Loren, spirit of the wild. I respectfully request an audience with the Nine, as well as for my guest here, Thelonious..." she paused, unsure what names or titles he had earned, and how to go about deciding them as she went, "hunter, ward against the stars, and son of Maloram, spirit of kindness. Am I granted audience?"

She performed a polite bow and a salute, ignoring the blood on her face as she did. Her eyes found the captain, an older elf about the age of her father. His eyes were a soft brown and his hair was black with peppered gray in it. She did her best to resist the urge to smile at him, and instead bowed ever so slightly deeper, lowering her eyes to his feet. "Captain Dasre'Inik, I'm honored."

Thelonious was stunned at how formal Lo suddenly became. He had no idea his elven brethren had such titles or used them in such a manner. It made him realise how much he'd missed out on in his life by being born half elf and half human. He didn't hold any grudges towards his parents, he loved them, but sometimes he wished his life had been somewhat different. If only the titles Lo had given him could actually he true; what he wouldn't give for that.

When Lo bowed low to the ground, Thelonious started. He had no idea what the normal display of respect was so instead he just followed Lo's lead, bowing and keeping his eyes to the ground. He just hoped this elf in front of them, Captain Dasre'Inik, or however Thelonious pronounced the elfs name in his head, wouldn't bare too much prejudice against him like his first encounter.

Aanor'Loren felt her relief in the form of a suppressed sigh as Thelonious followed her lead and bowed. Normally she would not be concerned with proper etiquette, but this was the captain, and exceptions needed to be made. She kept her eyes on his feet for what felt like ages before he spoke, "Straighten up, child. Your father and I were good friends. It would not do for me to be making a war hero's only living child now before me." He said in a soft voice, bowing even lower to her. His voice was soft in a way that made others quiet to listen. It was authoritative, but kind.

The elven girl felt her ears warm with the rush of blood to her blushing face. "Captain, please." She whispered fervently, doubly so as the remaining guards followed his lead and bowed before her.

He straightened slowly, deliberately, as if to say that he stood not by her urging, but by his own decision. "Of course you may see the council, child. You know you need not be so formal. Though I would enjoy a walk when you are done if that is possible."

"Of course it is." She smiled, bowing down once more before entering the building.

She was already inside the building when Dasre gave Thelonious an appraising look, "I don't care how tough she looks or how much you love her. If you hurt her, I'll break you, child." He whispered, his tone less a threat and more a statement of fact.

Thelonious couldn't help but smile fondly at the interaction between Lo and what seemed to be an intimating elven man, turned kind-hearted. He didn't realise quite how well known Lo was in the village, but she was clearly well regarded if someone of such importance was bowing to her instead of the other way around. His worries of not being permitted to seek the council were completely waylaid from his tone and the tension across Thelonious shoulders eased a little.

However, his back straightened and his eyes widened as he was stopped by the Captain as he went to follow Lo into the building. Swallowing over the lump in his throat Thelonious stiffly nodded his head. "Of course Captain." He gave a half bow, speaking to the floor to try and gain respect from the older elven man. "I would never do anything to intentionally hurt her. However, if harm does come her way in my company, I fully accept the consequences."

Straightening up slowly, Thelonious cleared his throat once more before the Captain stood back to allow him to follow in Lo's footsteps.

(I apologise this has taken such a god awful long time to get to you! I hope it makes up for my MIA)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back