• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic -Hunted Down to the Ends of the Galaxy-

BigEyeMonster

WhatsBeyond
"Approaching destination Tor Batouin" the ship's AI dinged through the speakers. Anon's dull steel blue eyes darted over to a relay of buttons and began clicking a few to control the ship's approach speed, then moved to making a scan of the area for landing.
"Another desert planet." Anon spoke towards the AI, which doesn't answer but Anon enjoys speaking to. Anon spends most of his days alone, and usually doesn't speak to clients or targets as to avoid getting involved with personal matters. This much time alone has made Anon cold to the world, some wonder if he's an android sometimes due to his lack of emotion, and always wearing that helmet. Few ever see him with his armor off, even Anon isn't sure why he always wears it. In all the time he's thought about it he's always summarized it as a combination of feeling safe and never feeling truly finished. Underneath that helmet he has jet-black hair, unkempt and uncut bangs hanging over his dull pupils, with a short untrimmed beard to accompany it. A few scars line his pale almost frost-blue skin, he has fine and soft features that have been weathered by years of harsh weather and combat. His gaze is however oddly comforting, a natural scowl has harshened his demeanor from his years of hardship, and fine lips that seem to weak to hold a smile. His demeanor isn't strong, but broken.

Anon's armor consists of a thin tempered metal plating in crucial areas. The neck, torso, chest, upper back, thighs, and shins all matte black in color. Neutral colored metal devices are strapped in various places for various amounts of access. layered underneath is worn brown jacket depicting his squads insignia, and worn black jumpsuit and military grade boots. Everything seems either salvaged or armor he's kept since his time in the taskforce. Anon's helmet is a sleek design meant to be be small and fit comfortably as close to the head as possible without compromising too much armor. It's a special high-tech helmet they made for him when he was a recon soldier. Four small optics scoped that act as eyes sit at the upper hemisphere of the helmet in a square arrangement, two think antennae pieces meant for durability can be used for many purposes. The face is a mostly featureless sleek-black surface and a small flashlight peaking out the side of the helmet as one of the few features that stand out of it's simple and sleek design. The base sits comfortably around Anon's but is covered by the clock Anon took from his dead father.

Anon's eye looked over the planet a hundred times before he got close enough to enter it's atmosphere, and quickly spotted the town he needed to land at. His eyes looked over the port and locked on the exact ship described to him in his mission overview.
"How old did they say she is? I can't believe their paying this much to find a runaway child." Anon set the ship on a steady course to a landing spot only a short distance from his target's ship. As the ship glided itself down Anon got up and began loading all his equipment and becoming properly mission ready.
"Why are you taking your weapons? This seems relatively low-risk Anon." Asked the AI plainly.
"I wouldn't but being paid this much? For a mission this simple? Seems like a trap, never this good. They didn't tell me what she stole but I'm not taking chances."
"Noted."

Anon headed to the ship's main door and pulled a small latch to lower it. The door hissed as it lowered as steam shot out the sides, revealing the disheveled little dust town and the noise of the engines landing spill in. Guns holstered Anon steels himself walks suavely off the ship as it makes the landing. Doors automatically closing behind him Anon begins his search. Their aren't too many people looking out for anyone's hide in places like these because a few credits later and a harsh tone gets all the right information for finding someone in this town. Especially someone who was seen flying a royal spacecraft. It was difficult to figure out what planet she was on but now that he's close enough her trail might as well be made of yarn. It's lucky his experience with recon has allowed him to be able to tap into all types of communications otherwise he would have never known a royal ship flew in.

Before you know it Anon opened the door of a little bar that an old man pointed out him as where he saw her go. No one pays notice to the presence of obvious bounty hunters and mercenaries, they might try to sneak a peak but for the most part don't want any part in their business. A few people speak about him in hushed whispers to themselves and others but the all around noise of the bar doesn't get effected by his presence. Anon spots her in the crowd with ease thanks to the picture they gave of her and her description. Deftly pulling his thing but weighty kinetic pistol out of his pocket, causing a couple people to jump or gasp, interrupting the sway of the room further.

Anon holding the pistol casually to his side pointed at her.
"Qi Noree, you're coming with me, any questions asked?"

*A Few Minutes Earlier*
She was no stranger to the various chemical depressants of the galaxy. Some of the flavours they had here on Tor Batouin were... exotic, for sure. But it wasn't impossible, within the Conclave, to find the best exports of the galaxy - for the right price. Here, everything was cheap, and it tasted cheap, but after the third Dewinnian Teala, she had begun to forget quite what cheap tasted like.

"Hello there," grinned a lumbering white reptilian, sliding into the booth opposite her. "What's a fetching little thing like you doing in this run-down place?"

She slapped an arm lazily on the table, and leaned forward with a grin. "You..." she smiled, with a circling finger jutted in the alien's direction, "Would not believe the story I've got for you."

"I'd be all ears," the reptilian smiled, gesturing to the sides of his head, "if I had any."

Qi's chortling laugh was harsh and abrupt, and ended with her settling her lips back onto the edge of her cup for another swig. "What if I told you... I stole a ship from the Conclave, beat them to an ancient temple that they discovered, stole the most valuable artefact in the galaxy right out from under their noses, and escaped without even showing my face?"

"Ha!" the lizard laughed. "I'd say I've heard better tales, but never told by someone so... what's the word I'm looking for, sweetie?"

"Daring?" she affected an antique tone. "Unfettered? Remarkable? Adventurous?"

The lizard spread his arms in mock defeat. "Those all seem fitting to me. So, what did you do with this artefact, oh great adventuress?"

"I'm selling it," she shrugged, leaning back into the rough cushioning of the seat with another swig. "You know anyone who'd be interested?"

"I might know a few."

"And what about you, my friend? What are you doing in this run-down place?"

The lizard grinned again, his tongue lapping between the teeth. "Name's Skeevo. Me? I'm the good-for-nothing sort. I do what I can. Then I come to a place like this, have a good time. Same as you, at the end of the day."

Qi smiled again, and drank. Her mug was running dry. She looked up over it to the reptilian.

"Well, Skeevo. You going to get us some drinks?"

Qi began to wonder if Skeevo's toothy maw could open into any expression other than a leering grin.

"We'll see if you can handle some real drinks, eh?" He chuckled, sliding out of the booth and lumbering over to the bar. Qi studied the amber mixture at the bottom of her mug. Little flecks of something organic were coalescing into clumps. The drink was not made for a lasting aesthetic appeal.

"Qi Noree, you're coming with me, any questions asked?"

She looked up. There was a helmeted man looming over her. And at her side, it registered, there was a pistol.

"The hell?" she rattled, alertness suddenly rushing back... back... back... not quite to the surface, where the dumbness of the drink, like molasses, slowed its ascent. She clambered further back into the booth, her mug somehow landing upright on the table. She reached for her pockets, finding nothing, as she met the eyeless gaze of the mask.

People gazed disconcertedly on as they witnessed this bounty hunter then step forward and seized her off the chair by her left arm, swinging a pair of handcuffs that naturally lock on then form a strong magnetic bind around both arms.

"I have been ordered by your Queen to find you and bring you back home. You're coming with me whether you like it or not." The mask distorted his voice slightly as if it's being transmitted through speakers placed discreetly somewhere on the outside of the helmet. Before she could protest he started shoving her on, making a quick scan of the room before making his exit. People for the most part avoided the both of them as he guided her through the streets with a gun pressed to her back, his cloak hanging loosely to the side as to conceal the situation at hand. Soon enough they reach the port and he walks her up the ramp into his ships hull, the engines whirring and booting up as the various computers and systems came to life.

Anon pushes her up unto the ship and look back one last time before closing the doors when abruptly the volatile heat of a laser goes hurling just over his shoulder. Before thinking Anon swings his gun to face them to fire shots back as the door slowly closes. Anon attempts to analyze the soldiers insignias before the door closes and a few laser shots crash against the interior walls of the ship.

"Don't move!" Anon points the gun at her as he runs to the pilot seat, the dings of their lasers could be heard outside the ship against the metal. Anon is quick to bush a few buttons and flip a couple switches before the whole ship hums aggressively to life as it makes it's hasty take off. The force of it pushing Anon against his seat.

"Take a seat they will be on our ass soon.."

"What the hell?" Qi had been intermittently muttering, screaming, and shouting for the duration of their trip across the city. Now, as the engines whirred to life and she had an inch more awareness of this absurd situation, she squawked with a level of clarity and indignation that befitted her utter shock: "What the hell?"

Without really recognizing that she had a gun pointed at her, Qi staggered to the side of the ship, kicking at the door that had just slipped closed. "What the hell do you think you're doing? This is a kidnapping. This is a kidnapping. This is quite literally a kidnapping." With the door not budging, she leaned against it, turning her head to face her assailant. "Let me off this ship, you bastard; I am getting off this ship."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back