• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom (Hunger Games) Oc + Oc

Asgards Valkyrie

Hopelessly obsessed with fictional characters
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"It wont be me....it wasent before...because.....because......". Andrew mutters as he paces the wooden flooring of the room he is it goes like this every year he will spend hours pacing and running his hand through his short blonde/ white hair his mind disturbed and frantic. Always thinking and thinking trying to find a way to convince himself.....or to calm his mind that it wouldn't be him and he, As he so dearly prises in his mind he would do as he had narrowly done in the last years and scraped through and avoided being that sacrificial ....piece of meat offered up to the capitol....and for what....even if someone makes it out....the horrors are still there haunting you forever...

Looking up at the ceiling he stops pacing as he hears the sound of shifting and slight creaking from the floor above, That would be his mother she always got up arround this time but this was honestly leaving it quite late there was only a hour until....well he dare not think this day always made his nerves worse. His mother has always been worse she is older than some of the others that is sometimes seen as strange she used to be verry strong and fit but since his father was killed 3 years ago she has become accustomed to laying in late and when she does get up she is always sick and pale and like a skeletal ghost as she wanders about. Evreything he had tried had failed so badly and it feels like shes just stuck her but anyway enough of all this.

Walking over he settles himself down on the couch sitting there with a deep shakey breath his hands are shaking slightly but apart from that he seems to be hiding his nerves pretty well. He is quite tall for his age with blonde/ silver white hair that he has a habbit of ruffeling and running his hand through. Not liking getting dressed up he still isent and is dressed in a pair of black jeans and a untucked white t shirt his hair messy and a spot of dirt

( CherrySummer CherrySummer )

“I won’t get picked. I can’t get picked” I think as I chop up some vegetables from my small garden. I sweep the chopped veggies into the stew. I hear the soft creaking of the bed upstairs. Mom must of woken up. I quickly go up, and sure enough, there is my mom. Dead eyes, vacant expression. Same thing everyday. Just a few weeks ago, my father passed in his sleep. It was just my mom and I left. I sigh, quickly putting away the memories. “You ready mom?” we had 2 hrs to get ready for the reaping.

No response, Per usual. I open the window, then pull out a dress for her. “Put this on.” I say, my voice cracking in the middle. “I’ll do your hair after I get dressed.” I shut the door and leave the room. I slowly walk down the stairs. Seeing that the stew was done, I packaged it up and put it in our ice box. Coming into my room, I pull out a light yellow dress. It had spaghetti straps and it went to just below my knees. After putting it on, I started to pace. “What If i’m picked?” I start to mumble. My mom couldn’t take care of herself.

“I can’t be picked.” looking in the mirror, I see that I’m shaking. I put on a brave face. My mom needs me. If I get picked, well, I don't think my mother could live by herself. Even if there was a chance of me returning, I don't think she'd be here. I shake these thoughts out of my head. I go upstairs to do my moms hair.

Last edited:
Andrew sits there with a small sigh having already eaten as much as he could even though his stomach feels uneasy and he is trying to stop himself shaking and his panic making him have another attach ad that's what he really doesn't need today of all days. Looking up at the clock he sighs and gets up to get ready heading upstairs he fills a basin with water and proceeds to strip.

After a lot of scrubbing the water is dirty and he is finally clean as he pulls on his best clothes a soft light white shirt a pair of black boots and pants belt and a black suit jacket. They had been his fathers and pulling them on it makes him think and remember him as he sighs sorting his hair a little and looking in the mirror deciding he is ready and walking downstairs. His mother is waiting in a pale blue dress frail and weak and not saying anything he sighs and walks out of the house woth her.

Softly, I walk up the stairs, my hands shaking. I open the door to my mothers bedroom and see her sitting on her bead, dress on. I do her hair in a simple braid, tucked up. I then do my own in a fishtail braid. Once I'm done, I look at the clock and see we have to go. "Its time to go mother." I say, grabbing her hand. She willingly stands up. We go downstairs, once we close the door, I attach the lock. I sigh and lead her to the square.

Walking silently is all he could do his mother beside him as they slowly walk down the dusty street taking a deep and shaky breath as he walks towards the crowd up ahead. Seeing there shuffling bodies moving forward and hears his mothers breathing quickening and to be honest his pulse is fast as well but he masks it as always showing it would simply make his mother worse.

Doing the usual as every year he watches as his mother breaks away from him giving him a small look it being clear that she doesn't want to as she walks to go join where all the other adults and parents stand and watch as there children are snatched away from them and for two of them it will be forever. Getting his finger pricked he walks in and joins the crowd he is with going into his age group seeing he is one of the smartest dressed there. Looking up at the bowl with all the slips with the names in he takes a deep shaky breath knowing that cause of the extra rations there are 42 extra slips with his name nestled in there with the others. The odds are definitely not in his favour.

Arriving at the square, my mother is shuffled into the groups of parents, her friend standing with her. I sigh and get in line. I get my finger pricked and walk to my age group. Looking around, I am very under dressed and dirty. I have dirt on my hands from hunting this morning. My braid is frizzy. Sighing, I get in my place. There is a lot of little girls this year. I look up at the stage. We nearly ran out of food, so my name is in there 50 times. It's not looking good for me. I look at the parents, my mom is being talked to by Hira, her friend. I see a look in her eyes that I haven't seen in a long time. She looks happy. I exhale a shakey breath and wait for the reaping to start.

Andrew looks round with a small deep breath shaking a little bit as he looks round and sighs feeling his pulse starting to race as he takes in evreyone arround him and sighs as he shakes his head. As he smiles weakly glancing over to where his mother stands with the other parents he lets the fear starts to take over as he thinks about what will happen to his mother if he is picked and has to leave her alone. To....watch him die probly she still looks as lost and dead as ever this makes him feel even more sad and he has to turn away to face the stage at the front again with a sigh.

Breathing heavy, I look at the stage as they show the video that plays each year. Once its done, Effie Trinket walks onstage "Happy Hunger Games," she looks far too happy."And may the odds be ever in your favor!" not likely I think. "Well," She says. "Ladies first." She walks over to the container in her ridiculous heels. She reaches in "And our first contender is..." I start to shake "Rose Amendola"

Looking round my heart races more as i see the first slip being drawn and take a shakey breath closing my eyes a little bit as i hear the name and frown. Its one that i have not hear of before so thankfully its no one that i know this relives me. As the crowd start to look round to see wh it is and once there eyes fall apon who it is a pathway forms so they can make there way up to the stage and to the mentors.

Shell shocked, but not surprised, I walk up to the stage, shaking slightly. The peace keepers push me up the stairs. "Wonderful darling, you are Rose?" Effie asks. I nod. "Amazing, now please, stand over here. she gestures next to her. "Time for the boys." She reaches in and grabs a name "Our contender for the boys is..."

I watch as the second slip is drawn and smoothed out before i hear the name ringing loud and clear across the place "Andrew Coin". my heart sinks as i feels my pulse race more but no surprise fills me of course it was him after all his name had been in so many times. Walking forward a smile plastered on my face as i climb the steps hearing yelling from the crowd and glancing round to see my mother being restrained by two peacekepers. Reaching the stage i take my place looking out over the crowd seeing recognition on every face everyone knows me or they new my father the peacekeeper murdered in district 4 one day and soon so will he. looking out over the crowd with a shakey deep breath looking round i see the peacekeepers restraining my mother and hears there voices "mam this is your final warning you need to stop". averting my eyes i looks over as they are all asked to shake hands taking a deep breath

Andrew I think I've heard that name before. I couldn't put my finger on it though. before shaking his hand, I look at my mother. She has tears down her face and Hira is hugging her. I feel a tear running down my face. My breathing was speeding up. I could feel a panic attack coming on, but I had to be strong. I turn back to Andrew and with my and shaking, we shake hands.

I looks over at the girl holding all my fear and pain back taking a deep breath and shaking my head a little bit as i step froward and shake the girls hand with a small but weak smile keeping a ll the emotion in my eyes. Glancing over at my mother i feel a sharp stab of guilt how could they do this tear me away like this.

After Effie addresses the people one more time, we are whisked away into the justice building for goodbyes. I am shoved into a room, a few moments later, my mother and Hira walk in. My mother gives me a hug. "I love you." she says quietly. I am shocked. "I love you too." I look at Hira. "Keep her alive, ok?" She looks at me with teary eyes. nods, then hugs me too. After there time is up, no one else comes, so I pace. I try not to let the panic overwhelm me. A little while later, The peace keepers talk me away again.

Sitting there he waits two minutes then five and then ten until suddenly his mother bursts in her face is soaked in tears as she hugs him tightly but he is shaking as he looks at her "you listen to me now you have to keep going get food whenever you can keep taking your medacation and stay alie im going to try and win this but with the odds this year....well...you know...." he says quietly looking at his mother as a peacekeeper apaers and signals that time was up and this was goodbye.

We are taken to the train station, where 100's of cameras are recording us. My hands shake, a few tears escape, but I keep a mostly straight face. We step into the train and Effie shows us around. She shows us our rooms, the bathrooms, the lounges and the dining car. Once we were done, we go back to the lounge. But me being clumsy as usual, I trip.

I look round at all the cameras my hands are shaking as i take a deep breath trying to hide my fear from evreyone there and the cameras knowing that the capitol would take any opertunity to make him scared. Walking to the lounge i look round.

I look over and see her fall with a small sigh moving over to help "hey you okay"

"oh." I stand up with his help. "Yes and thanks." We walk further into the lounge, "sorry about that, I am really clumsy"

I look over as i help shaking my head "No no its fine i am to"

I sit down in one of the chairs. "So, do you know who our mentor is?" My leg starting bounce from nerves.

I look over as i sit down with a small sigh and shake of the head "i dont actually do you?"

I look over laughing "well i guess that we are both clueless than"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back