• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Humans Are Space Orcs Main

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Ogun
Location: Public transport ship | Interacting with Jet ( ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ), Evelyn ( Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver ),

Ogun shakes his head. His robotic voice sounds out again, the human musing. Even if they did, indeed, manage to smuggle the girl out... How long could they keep her hidden? She wasn't like him, with a convenient set of armor to hide them in perpetuity. Nor did she possess any apparent skills that would let her survive in this galaxy. It'd be a shitshow. A complete shitshow. Still... They couldn't just send her back to Terra either. He had only one possible idea...

"Deception is unsustainable. Impossible to maintain in the long run. Not unless we can bring Ant onboard.

He is an officer of the Republic. However."

Ogun looks to the kid, and her scrawny form.

"I believe it will be possible to convince him to join our masquerade for at least a little while. He will want to uncover the trafficking ring in play. That will require available bait. And someone with knowledge of its workings from being a witness."

Jet
Location: Public transport ship cargo hold | Interacting with mostly Ogun ( ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe ) and Eve ( Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver )
Another flick of his ear was just about the only reply Jet wanted to give Ogun. Unfortunately, he was supposed to be the skilled, respectable doctor that was described on his resume. If he'd had the capability to, he would have sighed instead.

A moment of loaded silence passed before Jet spoke again, voice slow, low, and measured. "And what will happen to them when Ant decides they aren't needed anymore? They'll get shipped right back off to Terra, and if we try to stop him, we'll get arrested. As much as I would love to be trusting of strangers that hire me, I will not do that when there are sentient species' wellbeing on the line. A while isn't good enough, unless you think that he'll take an entire human lifespan to uncover the trafficking ring."

He paused for a breath's cycle, mind unwillingly flashing to how small and anxious Arii always was when Terra was brought up. Their parents had told them stories, and to Jet's understanding, Arii was more afraid of Terra than a singularity.

"Telling Ant should be a last resort. I don't know what he would do, and putting this human's life in his hands when there is another—temporary or not—solution is asinine. Hiding them will give us time. Time to figure out a longer term solution and test the waters. I can't support jumping into this situation headfirst, though. I just can't."

Evelyn King
Interacting With: Ogun ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe and Jet ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon

Eve watched the two talking in front of her, mentally calculating the odds of her making a break for it.

She considered starting to bite, but registered that as a fool-hardy plan. Not because she felt like she couldn't take down two excessively tall aliens with her teeth, (which, despite her pep talk to herself declaring otherwise, she definitely could not,) but because one of them was wearing armor. There weren't a lot of points on an armor clad individual that allowed for biting. She didn't exactly have a bat either.

The tools at her disposal were: 1. An almost eaten fruit.....

That was all. She had a fruit.

No. It was probably better to bide her time with the aliens that didn't seem to want to kill her immediately then go running through the halls of an unfamiliar ship. Devil you know and all that.

She would just have to watch them warily. Maybe she could trick them into thinking she had stockholm syndrome or something.......play the long game. She read somewhere that it worked with stalkers and this was basically the same thing, right? (It definitely was not. She registered that somewhere in her mind, but pushed it away.) As long as they weren't going to take her to Terra-

'Wait. What did the cat bird demon just say?'

Terra. She heard it. She recognized that word in the common language. The aliens that had originally brought her there said it all the time, usually gesturing at a map. And when they got there.

"Terra." She repeated in the common language, fumbling with the pronunciation. She said it multiple times while shaking her head repeatedly.

She didn't want to go back.
"Please don't take me back to..." She paused and said it in common again. "Terra." She hoped that she was saying it well enough that they at least understood what she was saying. She wondered if they would even understand the fact that shaking her head meant no. She definitely hoped that was the case.

Ogun
Location: Public transport ship | Interacting with Jet ( ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ScatheAriiasqDrayceon ), Evelyn ( Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver ),

The soldier looks at Jet, back to the desperate Evelyn, and sighs heavily. Alright. Alright. He could always get them to talk to Ant later anyways. He nods, reluctant, before looking at the crate and cocking his head. A few possibilities run through his mind before he shakes his head. The cover story and deception that Jet proposed wouldn't hold up, not under any scrutiny. They needed a different track, and Ogun figured that there was a better thing they could do than pretend that it was all a false alarm.

"I don't think he will believe that I simply found nothing. It would be better to send him on a... chase-without-end."

'Goose Chase' didn't translate well into common.

"The signs of a sapient being I found will instead be just that; signs. There was a person in this box."

With a few deft movements, he draws forth a more mundane knife and carves a message for 'help' into the inside of the 'panel' of metal he'd cut out, so that it was clearly visible from the outside, albeit reversed.

"It will keep Ant preoccupied while you hide the girl. Much more likely your deception will hold up that way."

Jet
Location: Public transport ship cargo hold | Interacting with mostly Ogun ( ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe ) and Eve ( Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver )
"Terra."

Jet's head turned just enough to catch the human in the edge of his vision. Again, they repeated the name, the sound shuddering with the shake of their head. A ripple of clicking movement rattled down Jet's back, the individual scale plates adjusting themselves in a single wave. Ignoring Ogun's gaze for the moment, he turned fully and kneeled until he was around eye-level with the human. He kept his claws planted on the ground as he did so, and his hands close to his chest, attempting to look as nonthreatening as possible (granted, Jet didn't think he looked threatening in the first place).

He didn't understand English, but their shaking head was enough for Jet to figure that Terra really wasn't in their go-to planet selection.

He crooned at them softly, the sound long and quiet, even for Jet's apparently low standards of what "loud" meant.

As Ogun began speaking again, Jet did little more than swivel an ear to show that he was listening, far more focused on making sure his job was as easy as possible and that the human didn't freak out thinking they were taking them to Terra.

Unfortunately, them having a limited understanding of Terra made things harder. "No Terra," he agreed softly with a light shake of his head. Then, a little louder, he turned to address Ogun, the screeching of the knife through metal grating on his ears. "Fair enough. Let's hope Ant doesn't remember the exact wording of your transmission, or you're in for an interesting conversation, I'd imagine." Amused, Jet clicked the flat of his mandibles together. "Thank you, though," he added quieter. "I'd suggest you go up first, in case our employer is pacing by the door. I wouldn't think so—" Jet couldn't hear him—"but just in case."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back