• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Huge space after image when using heightrestrict

Necessity4Fun

I'll keep trying, even if I'm not good enough...
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm aware this has always been a bit of a problem, but the space got larger now and it's eating quite the space from my layout!! D :

With heightrestrict:
Screenshot from 2018-01-20 13-25-57.png

Without it:
Screenshot from 2018-01-20 13-26-19.png

Same post, same image. You can even notice this weird behavior in this very same post... Adding text to it afterwards did not fix it >~<

I'll note this, until then you can use [div=max-height: 300px;][img]URL HERE[/img][/div] where 300px, you can put the value you desire.

I'll note this, until then you can use [div=max-height: 300px;][img]URL HERE[/img][/div] where 300px, you can put the value you desire.
Okay, thanks for listening!
Uhhh before you go tho, I tried using that div trick but I couldn't make it work? I wonder if I'm missing something... I copy-pasted exactly what you typed above, plz help ^^'

Hmm, interesting behavior then. Probably another issue to note such as the image tag ignoring the div tag. There have been issues with bbcode in bbcode tags such as [user][color][/color][/user][/[plain]

[div=background:url('https://i.imgur.com/wCFJqej.jpg') no-repeat;min-height:300px;max-height: 300px;]asd[/div]
Also, oddly this code works in the PWS but not here, strange.

[code][div=background:url('https://i.imgur.com/wCFJqej.jpg') no-repeat;min-height:300px;max-height: 300px;]asd[/div][/code]

Hmm, interesting behavior then. Probably another issue to note such as the image tag ignoring the div tag. There have been issues with bbcode in bbcode tags such as [user][color][/color][/user][/[plain]

[div=background:url('https://i.imgur.com/wCFJqej.jpg') no-repeat;min-height:300px;max-height: 300px;]asd[/div]
Also, oddly this code works in the PWS but not here, strange.

[code][div=background:url('https://i.imgur.com/wCFJqej.jpg') no-repeat;min-height:300px;max-height: 300px;]asd[/div][/code]
OH yeah, I'm the one who reported that one, seems to be a similar issue...

Ahh, that one cuts it instead of resizing it, that's not what I'm looking for ^^' I guess I'll just have to live without heightrestrict for now, It's not going to be something disastrous and if anything, image editing programs exist to help me with resizing stuff if I need to in the meanwhile... : P
Thanks for trying though >w< I really appreciate it o/

OH yeah, I'm the one who reported that one, seems to be a similar issue...

Ahh, that one cuts it instead of resizing it, that's not what I'm looking for ^^' I guess I'll just have to live without heightrestrict for now, It's not going to be something disastrous and if anything, image editing programs exist to help me with resizing stuff if I need to in the meanwhile... : P
Thanks for trying though >w< I really appreciate it o/
It can be adjusted to fit, add in background-size:cover; into the div tag ;3 Since I wasn't sure of the image dimensions, just did the basic background url.

It can be adjusted to fit, add in background-size:cover; into the div tag ;3 Since I wasn't sure of the image dimensions, just did the basic background url.
OKay! Got it to work after I added that AND a max-width option, but *phew!* that is a lot of effort just to resize an image ^^'
I'm missing heightrestrict already XD

Thanks for everything! I believe I can tweak this on my own from here~ >w<

Last edited:
OKay! Got it to work after I added that AND a max-width option, but *phew!* that is a lot of effort just to resize an image ^^'
I'm missing heightrestrict already XD

Thank for everything! I believe I can tweak this on my own from here~ >w<
Yeah, it's more complicated than a singular tag. X3 But it's the only way I can think of to get it to work in a manner similar to that bbcode tag, lol.

As far as I can tell, this is an intentional part of the theme's design. Not sure what the reasoning is behind it.

Also, as for DIVs being unable to height restrict on their own, this is because of the way Lightbox is set up and might be tied to some JavaScript it's doing. Not sure.

As far as I can tell, this is an intentional part of the theme's design. Not sure what the reasoning is behind it.

Also, as for DIVs being unable to height restrict on their own, this is because of the way Lightbox is set up and might be tied to some JavaScript it's doing. Not sure.
Okay so, I'm guessing that this either means that you can't change it, or that it will take lots and lots of work, correct? : O

I wonder why someone would want that big space in there...

Okay so, I'm guessing that this either means that you can't change it, or that it will take lots and lots of work, correct? : O

I wonder why someone would want that big space in there...
I'm not in charge of the style, I can't affect it. That's up to the admins. I've reached out to see if there's a specific reason for this.

I'm not in charge of the style, I can't affect it. That's up to the admins. I've reached out to see if there's a specific reason for this.
Oh, I see, that sounds complicated : O
Thanks for letting me know and looking into it
I managed to get the div method working like I needed it to so, no hurry or anything, I can totally live like this for now~ Worked like a charm!

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun I believe this issue has been resolved. :3
OMG thanks for letting me know! I love how there is no space whatsoever now, the fact that it had one used to be troublesome when making new layouts (I would always put an space and then end up with the double of space in them)

Really really really really thank you!!!! >w< *squeals in delight!*

OMG thanks for letting me know! I love how there is no space whatsoever now, the fact that it had one used to be troublesome when making new layouts (I would always put an space and then end up with the double of space in them)

Really really really really thank you!!!! >w< *squeals in delight!*
Thank the wonderful Lyro Lyro and The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard X3 I'm just the messenger of the fix, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back