• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom HTTYD: Horizon Flight

sitanomoto

Totally Right Brain
Okay, so this takes place 60 years after HTTYD 3, At the end of which, I am assuming, dragons go into hiding. Here's the premise:
Hiccup's son has a daughter (my character), but since his son disappeared after a boating accident, she was left to be raised by her mother and her grandparents. Her mother runs the village with precision and care, in her husband's Stead. Brought up on stories of Dragons and of Toothless and shown drawings that most of the village believe is a fantasy or fairy story, Ashwyn Haddock and the rest of the village begin to see strange occurrences.... well..... Occurring.
Ships come back with chunks blown apart, manned by sailors who would swear the waves had eyes. Shadows are seen in the night, breezes are felt on a windless day. Fish go missing from storehouses and some forests begin to burn.
There are whispers by the elders. "The dragons are coming back!"
The younger adults don't believe a word. They think it's raiders. Or Thor. Or something more logical, but not Dragons.
Ashwyn, and a gang of her friends, have a secret.
A big, scaly secret.
And they have to keep it that way, for legends of a Monster-Slayer are coming back on ships, too. They refer to him as Indigo Cutthroat, and he has..... items that shouldn't exist. Spines that look an awful lot like Deadly Nadder tail spikes, a few dried eyes that strikingly resemble a reptile's, and teeth longer than your arm....
Something is happening. Ashwyn, her friends, and their.... secrets must find out what. Without the adults knowing.
~~~~~~~~~~

So, each role player would have a maximum of three characters and their "secret" (a species of dragon already in the lore, not a made-up one, not until later, and not a night or light fury. More than one is fine, as long as only one is big enough to ride) and would, presumably, be part of Ashwyn's friend group. You could be the grandchild of any of the canon characters, or an OC. Ages 17-19.

I would love to get an httyd roleplay up and running again. Any takers?

Im always open to a httyd rp, so count me in!

Would love to claim a descendent of snotlout

Would be interested in a descendant of Fishlegs. Could |I claim the armorwing dragon?

Death songs have such a cool design i just wish they were,,, smoller lmao

Im gonna be frantically debating dragon species today, i feel it in me bones

Hey, would a sentinel work as a dragon companion? I would likely make them younger and inexperienced to make sure it aint too op

Its up to you! Im good with whatever. take your time if you need it!

Hey, would a sentinel work as a dragon companion? I would likely make them younger and inexperienced to make sure it aint too op

Its up to you! Im good with whatever. take your time if you need it!
Well, a Baby sentinel would be just fine.... you could have that as your second companion dragon. The baby sentinel would look more stone like with less moss and smoother scales, and i don't know if they're born blind or if the ones in the series are just so old that they've gone blind, so unless the wiki says otherwise, then I guess that part is up to you.

Ah i was thinking for the rideable dragon. And they're born blind, making up for that with their other senses.
But if not thats ok!

Ah i was thinking for the rideable dragon. And they're born blind, making up for that with their other senses.
But if not thats ok!
Well....
I'll let you do it as long as you make it inexperienced. They're extremely powerful.

I'm going to do some reading. Just in case I find something to veto, have a back-up dragon.

Ive got, like,,, 5 backups lol

For clarification, i was basically only going to keep the usual things, like firepower and the heightened sense, and then the wing draft. Not strong enough to knock a dragon out of ththe sky, but enough to shake them up.

Ive got, like,,, 5 backups lol

For clarification, i was basically only going to keep the usual things, like firepower and the heightened sense, and then the wing draft. Not strong enough to knock a dragon out of ththe sky, but enough to shake them up.
Awesome. I think that's a yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back