• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom HTTYD: Horizon Flight IC

sitanomoto

Totally Right Brain
60 years after HTTYD 3, At the end of which, I am assuming, dragons go into hiding.
Hiccup's son has a daughter, but since his son disappeared after a boating accident, she was left to be raised by her mother and her grandparents. Her mother runs the village with precision and care, in her husband's Stead. Brought up on stories of Dragons and of Toothless and shown drawings that most of the village believe is a fantasy or fairy story, Ashwyn Haddock and the rest of the village begin to see strange occurrences.... well..... Occurring.
Ships come back with chunks blown apart, manned by sailors who would swear the waves had eyes. Shadows are seen in the night, breezes are felt on a windless day. Fish go missing from storehouses and some forests begin to burn.
There are whispers by the elders. "The dragons are coming back!"
The younger adults don't believe a word. They think it's raiders. Or Thor. Or something more logical, but not Dragons.
Ashwyn, and a gang of her friends, have a secret.
A big, scaly secret.
And they have to keep it that way, for legends of a Monster-Slayer are coming back on ships, too. They refer to him as Indigo Cutthroat, and he has..... items that shouldn't exist. Spines that look an awful lot like Deadly Nadder tail spikes, a few dried eyes that strikingly resemble a reptile's, and teeth longer than your arm....
Something is happening. Ashwyn, her friends, and their.... secrets must find out what. Without the adults knowing.
Fandom - HTTYD: Horizon Flight CS
Horizon Flight CS

Ashwyn Haddock laid on the back of her Scauldron on the beach. Spritz's head laid resting in the shallows, waves lapping over his snout every now and then. He blew a bubble, then sprayed a little water into the waves.

Ashwyn stared at the sky, at the fluffy clouds swirling and changing overhead. Her brown hair gleamed, and in her hands were her knife and a carved whistle in the shape of a dragon head. At her belt was her grandfather's notebook.
She stared into the distance, lost in her own thought until Icewalker let out a soft chirp and jumped up onto her stomach.
"What's up, Icy?" Wyn said, picking up the small blue dragon and sitting up. He wiggled for a moment before Wyn put her hand on his snout and he calmed down, curling up into a small ball in her arms. "Sure. Cuddles works....." She sounded rather lost in thought.
Her latest conversation with her mother had lead to a fight, as usual. The pair butted heads a lot. Wyn didn't feel like she was at all like her mother. If anything, she was like her grandparents --Her grandfather, specifically-- and spent the most time with them, avoiding her mother.

Brandt had a lot of chores to do - mostly just taking things from one place to another. Just running stuff for the other villagers when they're too busy or too lazy to do it themselves. He really didn't mind. He liked making himself useful to them anyway so it was really just a win-win situation for all of them, no matter how many people said that Brandt was being a doormat. Unbecoming of a viking.

He soon found himself at the beach where someone familiar was - along with her dragons. He could recognize them a mile away, mostly because there were only a few of them who actually knew and believed that there were dragons and tamed them. Crazy, isn't it? Brandt still can't believe it if he was going to be very honest with someone. But you can't deny undeniable proof of seeing and touching them.

As Brandt made his way to them, he noticed a shift from a nearby boulder and he was soon assaulted by Hjuk with Hawinsk on his head. The two had gotten along, somehow, but that may be because Hawinsk was hatched with Hjuk who then took her in as his own hatchling. Brandt didn't get dragons very much but hey, they do what they do. He petted Hjuk just how Ashwyn taught them and then placed his other hand on Hawinsk. "Missed you too buddies." He cooed and pressed his forehead against Hjuk's snout. After a moment, he began moving again.

"Hey Wyn." He called out as he moved closer to the child of the Chief. "And hello to you too Spritz, Icewalker." He greeted the dragons too. He turned his attention back at their de facto leader. "You look like you're on another island here Wyn. Something bothering you?"

Last edited:
Wyn looked up at Brandt, giving him a half-hearted smile. "Hey, Brandt." She said. "Hjuk and Hawinsk are looking good."
Spritz turned his head from the surf and rumbled in greeting, gently spraying the viking boy with a cold mist. He returned his head to the incoming waves and continued to blow more bubbles. Icewalker chirruped, lifting his head and frill at the sound of Brandt's voice, but not moving from his comfortable position in Wyn's arms.
"Something bothering you?"

Wyn scoffed. "Gods, where do I start?" She joked. "Same answer as always." It was a topic of frequent conversation for Wyn to her friends. Her mother. The pressure. The brunette waved a hand absently at the clouds. "Sometimes it feels like nothing I do is good enough for her."

The Terrible Terror let out a puff of smoke as she hopped off of Hjuk and flew towards Ashwyn for a moment and then flew back. Hjuk merely huffed as his own greeting. "Yeah, Hjuk is taking good care of Hawinsk when I'm too busy." Brandt replied with a light chuckle. There had always been those times when he had too many things to do and he couldn't visit the dragons, but when he did come back, Hawinsk was always well-fed and Hjuk is usually wrapped up around the Terrible Terror. Even though the smaller dragon would let out puffs of fire at the larger dragon.

He let out another laugh as he was regarded by Spritz and Icewalker. It was really nice how something as potentially dangerous as dragons could be so docile and friendly. Really, it was amazing. He barely registered the fact that Hawinsk had perched herself onto his shoulder. Brandt had instinctively began scratching her.

When Ashwyn began to speak, he settled down into a seat and Hjuk curled behind him. "Ah, your mom." He said with an understanding nod. He's heard the same woes coming out from the mouth of his friend and he didn't blame her. Being the daughter of the Chief sounds pressuring - crushing. His mouth pulled back into thin lines. "I'm sure that she appreciates the effort you're putting into what you're doing." He then rubbed the back of his head. "Maybe she's just not good at showing it. Being a Chief is pretty stressful." He then let out another nervous chuckle. "Or maybe she doesn't know how to show that she'd proud of you. Because I know you're doing her best and you're doing well."

The mere fact that Brandt didn't know what he was talking about was actually evident. Having lost his parents at a young age, he didn't really have any expectations to live up to. So, Brandt wasn't exactly the most qualified person to give any advice or comfort to her.

Suddenly, a streak of blue-black zipped by as a Skrill and her rider rode in from the open sea on the tail of a lightning bolt.

Into the trees the two went, careening through the branches, making a whole lot of noise in the nearby area as the two vanished into the trees.

When the dust settles, a rather unharmed Skrill waded her way out of the underbrush and sat down, starting to preen leaves and twigs out of her spines as eventually, her reckless rider soon appeared as well.

Covered in scraps, her hair full of twigs, sporting a huge smile and a wind lashed face, Moira waltzed out of the trees like nothing happened. She was perhaps a bit too much like her grandfather- not stupid, but stupidly reckless.

“I’m fine! Everything’s fine! Nothing’s broken!” She crosses her arms triumphantly over her chest as a small trickle of blood made its way out of her left nostril. “That went EXACTLY to plan! ... why does everything smell like blood all of a sudden..?”

AI10100 AI10100 sitanomoto sitanomoto

Rottlout dumped her netted fish into a barrel once she had arrived back at dock from a short outing with a few other, older vikings. Tossing the net back into the boat, she slammed a lid onto the container and hoisted it over her shoulder. Despite this being, well, Berk, home of endless clouds and cold, it was quite nice. There were patches of blue between the white puffs- a pleasant background to the usual hum of vikings working.

Which meant that it was quite a shock when a single thunderbolt streaked across the sky. The distant flash caused Rottlout to snap her head up, eyes widening for half a moment. She blinked and shook her head to snap herself out of it before glancing around to make sure no one else had seen that. Of course, that would be nigh impossible. Rott saw a few nearby vikings looking confused or scratching their heads. She heard one say something about Thor, and let out a loud guffaw as she passed. "Yes! Thor must be awful unhappy about such a sunny day." Then she picked up her pace, dropping the barrel of fish off to be cured before sprinting off into the woods.

Oh, she knew exactly who had caused that and had half a mind to lecture them into next week. Bursting through the trees, Rottlout waved her arms around. "Moira! What in Odin's name were you thinking riding lightning in broad daylight? Someone could have seen!" She huffed, hands dropping to her sides and balling into fists. "You're lucky I'm too understanding not to knock the sense right into you. You're bleeding by the way."

Brandt had been too busy look at Ashwyn to notice the lone streak of lightning that had appeared in the otherwise very sunny sky. Of course, the subsequent crash and rumble from the trees caught his attention - along with the other two dragons whose heads snapped up towards the noise. It took a moment of Hjuk looking towards the forest before settling back down, not seeing any threat which also made Brandt relax even if it is just a little bit.

Of course, who else but Moira Thorston would do something as reckless as that? Known for her boundless energy and recklessness, Moira wasn't exactly someone who played it safe. So when she stumbled out after Sigr, Brandt didn't really have much of a surprised reaction. What more concerned him was her state and he was up on his feet in a second. "Honestly Moira, can't you at least be a bit more careful..." He said with a heavy sigh and a shake of his head. Before he could check up further on her, Rottlout had burst through the scene - already shouting and Brandt nearly yelped. Good thing it was only her and he relaxed as well.

Brandt shook his head and then settled down into a seat in his original position and looking at Ashwyn with a helpless look and a shrug. He knew better than to stand in between Rottlout and someone she wanted to chew out. So he would wait until later before checking up on their daredevil friend.

“Pffft, it’s no if there’s no danger!” Moira scoffed, picking the twigs and leaves out of her hair with a big grin on her face. “You don’t get this kind of thrill sitting around at home with granddad!”

She chuckled under her breath and waved at Rottlout dismissively, “Ahhh, it’ll be fine, I do this all the time. Everyone will think it’s Thor having a fight with Loki again, and it’ll be fine. Nobody believes dragons exist anyway, why would they equate a stray bolt of lightning to dragons? Besides, it’s possible that the bolt came from that storm that’s heading this way?” She gestured off across the sea to a group of angry gray clouds on the horizon. “That should pass by Berk harmlessly, by the way.”

She walked over and sank down into the sand, looking around at the gathering of people, leaning back on her hands and looking fairly pleased with herself, until the “you’re bleeding” comment got to her. At which point she finally felt the blood make its way over her lip to drip down in her actual mouth as she opened her mouth to ask, “Where?”. At which point she made a face, spat a little and wiped her face. Finding blood on her fingers after wiping her nose, she blinked a few times, then huffed and pulled some spare cloth she kept in her pocket for this exact purpose and pressed it up against her bleeding nostril.

“Thanks, Rott.” She said cheerfully, giving her companion a thumbs up.

birdgeoisie birdgeoisie AI10100 AI10100

Heidi had woken up before sunrise, she was used to waking up quite early, but today she had woken up a bit earlier than usual. Her not being able to sleep much resulted in a very large breakfast feast which her father and brothers did not complain at all. After they all had their meals they went off their separate ways to their normal morning tasks. After her chores were done she gathered her things and took off running into the forest. When she got pretty deep into the forest she started to whistle out a small tune. She continued the small tune when she reached her usual spot a nice clearing by the river, where the redhead would practice her archery. She had set up a few different areas with targets, spending hours practicing her aim and speed. The girl had gotten quite good after all those years of practice.
Walking over to the large tree she sat down her things when she was suddenly pulled up in the air by the hood of her coat "Bubble! there you are girl" she said laughing as a large purplish-blue dragon rocked her back and forward before gently placing her on the ground. "you took a while to come out....did you had a good night girl?" she asked, the Raincutter nodding before nuzzling her head against Heidi's neck to which the girl hugged her dragons head "that's great..." she said patting the dragons head before starting her usual archery practice.

That morning had been quite wet, with a nice breeze, maybe from the approaching storm. The morning weather making it a good condition for fat and juicy worms to wiggle out from underground. Which Bubbles the Raincutter had spent her whole time they were in the clearing searching and collecting the fat juicy worms. Heidi had made her way up the tree after practicing and now was carving on a small piece of wood. She smiled holding up the tiny little carving of a dragon “look bubbles it's you!...I'm finally finished..” She happily said holding up the tinny caring so the dragon could see. The dragon moves her head close to the small carving and sniffed it, she liked the little version of herself. Bubbles does a small purring noise “yes now I have a little bubble with me always...and well don't have to worry about the others teasing me that I still carry my stuffy with me..” She said with a small chuckle placing her knife away. She began braiding her hair making a small braid down the left side, tying the small Dragon carving on to the end of her braid. Gently moving the braid and a few lose strand of hair behind her ear, she leaned back onto the trunk of the tree. With a small smiled looking up into the sky, not a second after looking up she noticed a small bolt of lighting. She sat up tilting her head to the side, she had a suspicion that might have not been a normal lightning strike.

"Hey Bubbles, what do you say we go to the beach?" she asked knowing the others should be gathering by the beach by the afternoon. With that, the girl and her dragon made their way towards the beach taking the underground cave system. She quickly made her way over spotting Ashwyn, Brandt, Rottlout, Moira and all their dragons "hi! guys!" she said happily waving at them before sliding off Bubbles and running over giving them all a small tight hug a norm from her.

"Thanks, Brandt. I appreciate the senfiment."
First one member of her gang arrived -- Moira, with blood running down her face-- and then another --Rottlout, who seemed intent on lecturing the Thorston girl-- and then a third.
Ashwyn sat up and set Icewalker on the ground, who squawked at her indignantly. She slid off of Spritz's back and smiled at everyone. "As much as I hate to admit it, Moira, I think Rott might be right. Besides," she said gently, watching as Spritz smelled blood and turned his head to face the source, concerned. "If you keep injuring yourself, there won't be much of you left."
Her scauldron leaned his head over to Moira and sniffed her face, then turned back to the ocean. His cheeks soon puffed up and extended like a water balloon, filling themselves with cold liquid. The fire in his belly ignited, and he began to try to dig a hole in the sand as the water heated up.
Ashwyn turned to smile again at Rottlout. "Good to see you too, Rottlout." She said, amused. "Where's your--"

"S-sorry I'm late!" A soft voice said from the bushes. Skidlout Jorgenson emerged, eyes slightly red, looking as of he had been crying. "G-got held up b-by my d-dad."

"There he is. And hello, Heidi! Glad you could join us!"

Spritz seemed satisfied with the hole he had dug. He leaned his massive head over it and emptied out the contents of his Jaws, steam billowing into the air as he did so. Soon enough, a small basin full of warm water was made, and Spritz pulled back to admire his handiwork with a huff. His attention soon turned to Moira, and he craned his lithe neck around so that his snout was behind her. He gave her a nudge towards the basin encouragingly.

Ashwyn looked impressed. "I think he wants you to clean your face, Moira...." she said, amazed at her own dragon, who looked pleased.

"You won't get the thrill either if you're bedridden due to injuries." Brandt pointed out with a heavy sigh. While not concerned for being discovered like Rottlout was - though that was up there in terms of priority - he really didn't want any of them injured. It would be rather hard to explain at the healer's hut when someone comes back with broken bones and burn scars like they've been catapulted through the woods. Which honestly sounds like a very Moira thing to do. Because yes, she would probably do that with her dragon if given the chance. And no, Brandt is not going to tell her that and give her any ideas.

"See, even Wyn sees that point!" Brandt said, gesturing to the girl who was known for her own stubbornness. Nearly bordered recklessness too if she wasn't so damn good with dragons. Considering the many times she would have approached dragons (and she did, Ashwyn helped him with Hjuk), it would have been highly probably that she would have been burnt to a crisp. But yet there she was, still standing without so much as a burn scar to show.

Brandt seemed to have lit up when Heidi arrived and he was up on his feet to greet her. Hawinsk had scampered off of him with a indignant huff and flew back to Hjuk, who was patiently watching the humans interact with each other. He returned the hug - as was accustomed to the girl - and then grinned. "Hey Heidi!" She was the one he shared interests with in terms of archery, so he felt particularly close with her. Though he did appreciate that the others in their group seemed to prefer close ranged weapons because if they were all just wielding bows and arrows, they wouldn't be very effective now would they?

"And hey Skid!" With newfound vigor, he greeted the viking but his brows knitted in concern. He moved towards him. "You okay there buddy?" Of course, like everyone else, he already knew the issue that was Skidlout and Rottlout's father who doesn't really favor the younger child. While the others were distracted by the Moira's battered up face - which he will eventually get to later to see if they need to clean up any deep buts - he decided to rub Skidlout's shoulder in a sort of comforting action.

“You guys worry too much! I’m a Thorston!” She raises her arms and flexed, in a real macho-man pose, “We’re built tough! You should have heard about the things my granddad survived when he was our age. Craaaaaazy stuff, I tell you what. Five times as dangerous as the stuff I do.”

She looked around at the group and observed her bleeding orifice, which was apparently not bleeding anymore. Once she made sure of that, she put her cloth scrap away and leaned back, waving at Heidi with her bloodied face in full display, returning the hug with intensity, as usual.

“Besides, the people of Berk are oblivious. They wouldn’t notice a dragon if was two feet in front of their face. And then they still wouldn’t believe it was real until it smacked em in the as-“

At which point she was interrupted by Spritz, who seemed to want her to wash her face in a little puddle he dug in the sand. “Awww, thanks Spritz.” She strikes the dragon’s nose briefly before waltzing over and washing the blood off her face.

Now thoroughly cleaned up, she looked up with a smirk on her face till she took one look at Skids’ face and her expression fell, dropping into a very concerned face.
”Skids, what happened?” She asked bluntly, her eyes stony and serious. She had a feeling that she already knew what happened.

sitanomoto sitanomoto AI10100 AI10100 birdgeoisie birdgeoisie AquaMarie AquaMarie

Rottlout's gaze followed Moira's gesture to the distance, squinting at the clouds building to a storm in the distance. What a great cover- a storm that probably wouldn't hit land for at least another hour. She let out an exasperated little huff, and plopped herself down right there in the middle of the sound, just a few yards out from the treeline. She warched as the others conversed, chewing the inside of her lip.

And then, curiously enough, some of the sand by her feet began to dip and spill in curiously. Rott, tilting her head, furrowed her brow and watched the sand closely until- with a poof of sand, a small, grey snout shoved itseld into the air. Beady little orange eyes stared back at the puzzled expression. With a triumphant laugh, she wrenched the small dragon free of the sand, holding him up much to her disgruntlment. "There you are, Grub, you little beast!" The smothering smokebreath let out a small growl and wriggled himself free of Rottlout's grasp, quickly winding up her arm to cling to her shoulder. "I unfortunately did not bring any of my catch from today," Grubgob puffed smoke into her face in response, "But as soon as we find Trinket I'm sure you'll be eating pretty." The girl coughed, waving the smoke out of her face. In terms of her second dragon, she didn't actually know where he was. Trinket could be difficult to spot, considering, well, his sentinel-ness. It was nice, however, because he could practically turn invisible in plain sight. No one pays much attention to a dragon statue. He ought to be around here somewhere...

Hearing her name in the conversation again brings Rott's attention back and she lets out a small, smug laugh at Moira. "See! Even our brave and insightful leader thinks I'm right." As Heidi approached she gave her usual, lopsided grin in greetung and strong hug. Once she passed and the conversation continued, Rottlout got to her feet and began to climb one of the larger rocks on this beach, peeering out over their surroundings and trying to spot a curious looking statue.

At the sound of her brother, Rottlout slid off the stone and walked over, and Grubgob hopped to Skids' shoulder, curling around his neck like a scarf. "Sorry, I should have gotten you up with me early today. Everything... okay? Are you in one piece?"

Wyn raised an eyebrow at Skidlout, and cocked her head. "Skids? You doin' okay?" She asked softly. Spritz snorted at Moira's bop, and curled back up, sticking his head back in the water to keep blowing bubbles.

Skids gave a halfhearted smile. "Y-yeah, I'm--" he stopped as Grubgob curled around his neck and he gently scratched the Smothering Smokebreath on the nose. "Hey Grubby." He said, looking at Rott. "It w-was the 'why-can't-you-be-more-like-your-sister' lecture." He said bluntly in response to his sister. "Although if you had w-woken me up early, I'm s-sure the lecture still would have happened..." he sighed. "J-just later in the day." He shrugged, then smiled at everyone else. "It's good to g-get away from the village..."

A flash of ocean blue streaked through the trees, and a severe, elegant head poked out of the bushes. The deathsong stood on her hind legs, looking down at the small group with regal countenance, as if she was a queen regarding her subjects, before spotting her rider and letting out a melodious trill. She dropped back to all fours and approached her rider, nuzzling his side. "Hey, S-Sirius," Skidlout said with a grin. "Seen T-trinket anywhere?" The dragon purred in response, almost giving him a shrug.

Icewalker padded over to Moira, and then to Heidi, then Rott, and finally Skids, giving them each a chirp in greeting.

Ashwyn smiled at her gang. "Well, anyone have any ideas on what to do today?"

Heidi smiled as she saw that everyone had made it to the beach. Though her smile did not last long when she noticed Skids expression as did everyone else. She hated to know the was Skids was viewed by his father and grandfather. Sure Skids was diffrent to the norm 'Viking'. But really a lot of them weren't the norm and that's what was fun and what she enjoyed from her group of friends.

Heidi sighed and she fell back on to the sand and layed there looking up at the sky. Her attention focused on to the clouds up in the sky, noticing she could only see a bit of blue sky. "Should we go exploring somewere?" She suggested as she stared to dig her hands into the sand while wiggling her fingers.

Brandt gave another empathetic pat on the back. Really, why did people put so many expectations into their children? Just didn't make sense. You gotta teach them how to become vikings, sure, but that doesn't mean that they have to force them in such a way that hurts them. It is good that Rottlout cares for his younger brother though - at least there's some support in that family for him. "It is pretty relaxing outside the village." He said in agreement though Brandt seemed to thrive anywhere that has other people - so really, if he was with them, he was perfectly fine.

"Exploring sounds good." He echoed in agreement to Heidi's statement as he walked over to Hjuk to give another pat. "Been a while since I've hung out with Hjuk and Hawinsk here." It's pretty well-known in Berk that he Brandt always seemed to have something to do. And he almost always certainly does. If he's not running errands for someone, he's out exploring and jotting down on his notes. And if he's not doing that, he's with the group or maybe with his dragons. But recently, his time with the dragons were becoming limited and he didn't want them to feel too left out in his life. He loved them a lot after all, can't imagine a life without them now.

He grabbed the Terrible Terror and then cradled it in his hands. For a few seconds, he stared at it before changing his grip on it so it was now looking at the ocean. Hawinsk quickly let out a breath of fire - a release of sorts which she tends to do every now and then. Again, Brandt didn't understand it much but after almost being burnt to a crisp, he's learned to see the telltale signs of it. The dragon innocently nipped at his hand and he let it lay on his shoulder as he looked back at the group. "We could fly around too. As long as we're careful and stay out of sight." He continued but his eyes were on Moira as he spoke as if it was more of a warning than a reminder.

Pure murderous intent flashed across Moira’s face as she heard about Skids’ abuse. Gods above, Odin himself would be forced to come down and stop her should she ever get her hands on the man who was so horrible to his son. There was a hatchet with his name on it. Many, in fact.

But that probably wasn’t a good idea. Threatening Scratchlout, ya know? Especially not with Rott right there. So she wiped the anger off her face and sat back again, gesturing around as she said, “I could suggest fifteen different things to do, none of which any of you will say yes to. So somebody else suggest something.”

She sat back as watched the group as they milled about. Sigr the Skrill looked at the little puddle of warm water and blinked at it before sticking her wing claws into it and making a pleasant face, thoroughly happy for what little warmth she managed to get from it.

“Exploring sounds like fun. I’m always up for a little adventure beyond the misty veil of Berk! Hehe.”

sitanomoto sitanomoto AI10100 AI10100 birdgeoisie birdgeoisie AquaMarie AquaMarie

Skids smiled at the pat on the back, and gently gave Sirius a scratch under her chin. "I think exploring sounds f-fun." He said quietly.

Ashwyn grinned. "Let's get off this rock, then! We should take off from...." she reached for the notebook at her belt and opened it, turning pages until she found a map of Berk. "The north side of the island. We'll need to walk there, so we don't draw attention to ourselves." There was a leather satchel by Spritz, and Wyn picked it up. "Then we can figure out where to go from there."

Icewalker snuffled around the feet of Moira for a while, then trotted over to Sigr. The speedstinger dipped his nose in the water by her, blowing bubbles like a small child, and accidentally splashing Sigr in the process.

Spritz looked up at the gang of humans and snuffed.

Rottlout seemed to ponder for a moment, and experience some sort of internal struggle. She knew that their father could be... rough to deal with, to say the least. Of course she could never understand her brother's struggle- she was the star child -and there could be no doubt she felt bad, and wanted to help, yet she wasn't entirely certain how. The young viking's nature to speak up for the meek conflicted with her family loyalty. On the surface, however, Rott's expression twitched, her eyes flicked to the ground then up again, and she squeezed Skids' shoulder. "It's fine!" She announced to the group. "He's..." Got someone to protect him? Going to be just fine? Got a good support system? "...tough!"

In response to the small dragon that chirped at her feet, Rott made a very odd chirping of her own in response, a failed attempt at mimicking the creature. She seemed to do that a lot. Hearing the suggestions of exploration, Rott chuckled and gestured to Ashwyn's belt, just as she pulled the small book off her side. "Too bad there isn't anything left to explore! Someone's granddad did all the cool stuff already."

However, this didn't mean Rottlout was going to miss out on any of this fun. She snatched the smothering smokebreath from her brother's shoulders, holding him up to her face. She spoke softly. "I need you to do me a favor. Go find Trinket. Go!" She tossed the dragon into the air. After gaining his bearings, Grubgob spun around and puffed a whole cloud of smoke at Rott, who began raucously coughing and waving it away. Really, she shouldn't have expected anything else. Rottlout wasn't exactly what one could call an elegant trainer. "Fine. I'll go find him myself." She was about to go traipsing through the woods until one of the large stones on the forest floor began to move. With the appearance of something cracking to life, the smaller sentinel slowly came to life, lifting himself to stand upon his clawed wings and yawning right in Rottlout's face. "Hello you lazy rock!" She slung her arms around Trinket's neck, Grubgob swooping down and taking a seat right upon the sentinel's head. Trinket merely blinked in response.

"So Ash, we're getting off the island, but to where?"

Brandt watched as there was a chorus of agreements to exploring - though Rottlout had a point. Ashwyn's granddad had already explored most of the islands surrounding Berk, but it still sounds like an adventure to visit them nowadays. Who knows how much it has changed over the years that it hasn't been touched. While he wouldn't say that he was inspired to jot down everything he learned into a notebook from Hiccup, it certainly helped to push him to actually do it when he had taken a peek at the notes from before - having convinced Ashwyn to at least let him get a peek at it. As a scholar, he needed to know how to effectively take notes and to make sure that what he was putting was actually useful. Using the books and the journal as a reference was definitely something that had helped in his endeavors.

"Come on." He mumbled towards Hjuk and Hawinsk - the former of which had stood up to prod his rider with his snout. "We're going exploring. You'd like that wouldn't you buddy?" Hjuk let out a huff of breath through his nostrils to show his approval. Brandt was rather glad as he placed a hand on the dragon's snout and then turned back to his friends. "Yeah. While I'm more than happy to just fly around, maybe it would be for the best if we actually knew where we would be going?" He replied in agreement to Rottlout's question.

He grabbed the cloth satchel that he had dropped earlier and grimaced at the weight of it. Of course he forgot to drop off the herbal textbook he had borrowed from their elder at his house. Brandt knew that he would be meeting with these guys and would probably end up moving around - and yet he still forgot to drop off something so heavy. Brandt had grumbled something under his breath and was prodded again by Hjuk. He gave the dragon a small smile as he slung the satchel over his shoulder and then back at the group - waiting for them to finish preparations as well.

Heidi layed on the sand as she listened to the others discuss going out exploring. Of course, Ashwyns granddad and his friends explored every inch of their island and the ones surrounding it. But that did not mean they could explore themselves. She wanted to see what was out there herself.

Heidi smiled sitting up as Ashwyn comments about leaving off the north side of the island. They were going exploring and Heidi was quite excited. She sat up shaking her hands inside her hair sending any sand stuck in it to go off flying. She quickly stood up and ran over to her dragon who was laying by the shore observing the humans as they talked. Almost tripping on the sand as she reached her Raincutter and hugged her head. "We going exploring Bubbles doesn't that sound exciting!?" She said with excitement as Bubbles nodded lifting Heidi in the air as she nodded.

The redhead did not mind where they would be venturing off too she was overall excited and curious about what they will find and what the new island they find looks like. She should be ready to fly off with the others at any time, after all, she always carried her essentials with her at all times.

Last edited:
Skids smiled at his sister. "Thanks....." he said. She called him tough, which was a huge compliment from Rottlout. She usually teased him about things, and that was okay, he teased her about things too. A genuine compliment, even as simple as the word "tough," meant the world to him. His hands rubbed Sirius's smooth scales gently as he watched Trinket appear from seemingly nowhere in the foliage. "Hello, Trinket," he greeted the Sentinel softly. Sirius roared in greeting.

Ashwyn bristled. "Well, I mean, it's not like anyone actually goes anywhere outside the Archipelago nowadays." She scoffed. "It would take too long." She turned a page of the notebook to look at a smaller map. "There's a place on here marked 'The Edge....'" she said, trailing off. "Edge of what?"

"the Edge?" Heidi, she questioned "what's that?" she said curiously as she walked over to were Ashwyn stood " wait...did your granddad find the edge of the world? or does it stand for the edge of the archipelago?" she asked curiously. Unsure what the Edge could mean. Though the redhead made her way close to Ashwyn quite curious about what the book said about the Edge. "so does the Journal say anything about this edge?"

Bubbles yawns and rolling on to her back as he shimmies side to side rubbing her back on the sand. She was a bit bored, she wondered when the humans would stop talking. She wondered if they will be going flying soon, she had noticed the rain clouds and that got her excited for the coming rains.

Moira looked up when Wyn started dragging out the map and got up eagerly, stepping over to look over her shoulder at the map herself.

“The Edge? The edge of the world? The edge of the ocean? The edge of Viking territory? The edge of dragon territory? Ohhhhh, what does it meeeean?” She questioned in a sing-song voice, looking out across the horizon in that direction.
“So many things to find, so many new sights and sensations and cliffs to jump off of!” She squealed in excitement at the thought.

“Well, lets not waste time, people!” She exclaimed, suddenly taking off down the beach, “walk and talk, my friends! Walk and talk, lesgo!”

Sigr, meanwhile, was thoroughly enjoying the tiny puddle of water, but when her rider took off down the beach she was up on her feet and bounding after the young woman. The big spiny dragon plodded along, staying low to the ground, trying not to attract attention.

AI10100 AI10100 sitanomoto sitanomoto AquaMarie AquaMarie birdgeoisie birdgeoisie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back