• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Howl's Flying Castle (Finished! ---Whoo! (*^▽^)/)

As Chenglei did his best to keep Valdanr steady, biting and scratching back as he growled and yowled, Echo was flung back with Butters and she called out Ginger to catch them. When the bushy cat did, the fawn continued to sing her song and hardening the earth around the massive dragon.

Meanwhile inside of Valdanr's soul room, Renee watched carefully at the memories in front of her; each and every one made her frown more pinched and her brows arching down in worry. She jumped a bit when she heard his laugh echoing around them. Like James, she turned as well to face the loathsome and menacing looking creature who held Lydia up...

Renee gave Valdanr the same look the last time they faced each other; one filled with pity and sorrow.

". . ." She knocked her arrow as it shimmered like water under moonlight, she pulled the string of her bow back. Her orange eyes stared right at Valdanr with no fear; just compassion. ". . . It's really sad that you only felt happiness through the pain of others . . . and for that, I'm sorry that you couldn't find a place in this beautiful realm of life." Then she let her arrow fly true to her target, going past a weakened Lydia, and hitting the awful looking thing on it's supposed chest. Water-like substance would shoot out from behind and when he wasn't looking, she took this chance to help James drive Draco's seal onto Valdanr's soul.

"I hope this will free you from your misery . . ."

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Ruins of Paroosia -
" Victory! "
A vein popped in James temple. "Not on our watch." A white-hot brand appeared in his hand. It was the same branding iron Lydia carried in her soul. He looked to his sister as she spoke. He was glad they went on this journey together. She had been right all along and now she was no longer that little girl he thought was crazy reckless --- no, she was still the same girl, but it turned out that who she was, was exactly what the world needed. And right now, James was glad she was at his side.
Valdanr snarled lifting Lydia by the hair like a shield when his threat didn't work. All of his dark soul choked them; Renee's arrow struck, as at the same time Lydia's blood-curdling scream shattered their senses, but James was already moving through the blinding haze. Real or not, he knew she'd want Valdanr destroyed.

Lydia's seal shone like a star in the night.

* * * *​

Outside, the black dragon roared a terrible death throe. 'NO! NOOOOO!' He was going to take them down with him, they will not escape. The furious fire inside him grew as hot as the earth's core.

"I got her! Chenglei, get us out of here!" said Kenren, who had hacked Lydia out of that bondage. He grabbed James and Renee. "Everyone take cover!"

Valdanr was going to blow, the heat was too unbearable, except for . . .

* * * *​

Inside the tower, Serena, Seth, Minnie and Seifer were shaken by an almighty explosion. The manna lake boiled and frothed in fury as the evil egg was enraged at the loss of his most loyal and powerful servant. If now wasn't the right time to rescue everyone, Seth didn't know when was.

"Now!" he told the others.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
As soon Lydia's seal shone as bright as the star, Renee held onto her brother in a hug behind him and forced their way out . . .

As Valdanr screamed and Chenglei was about to fly away, Echo quickly thought of an insane idea. With a loud yell, she ran towards the very hot and burning dragon, ripped him out of the dirt and vines that were melting with her bare hands. It sizzled painfully but she didn't payed mind to the burns as she heaved him up, spun around and tossed him wwwaaaaaayyyy up high in the sky.

The golden dragon's eyes widened at the sight before going low to the ground and curled around everyone that's nearby, shielding them from the searing heat from above; as Valdanr exploded.

"RENEE!!! JAMES!!!" Echo yelled out, worried about her friends' survival.

As soon Seth said now, Minnie sprang out, trusting Seifer to make her grow bigger as she makes a swipe at Rhea and grabs Lykon. Then she put them beside her as she shrank back to her regular height.

While Serena, running into the now steamy area around the Manna pool, spotted a statue and grabbed the girl that looked very similar to Johnny. The blonde violinist couldn't see the last of the statues as she ran off to where she will join the others.

Zer0 Zer0

- James Pendragon -
" Sheltering Under Chenglei "

"Bind up her wounds there, that's good. Don't move her too much, something might be broken, we're doing great. Lydia . . . Lydia . . ." said James' voice softly.

There was tumultuous roar of voices all around them, as though they were surrounded by an army, but it sounded victorious. Hundreds of thudding footsteps, clunking metal and shouts of the fall of the deathwing passed them by. They were surrounded by a great breathing wall of golden scales; 'Baa! Baa, baa!' Butters, big and fluffy was jumping up and down, nuzzling an Echo whose burned hands were being bandaged by Kenren; Pond was there, waving her arms, calling forth a strong wind from the north to help clear the darkened skies that allowed the sun to shine through for the first time. The pouring rain slowly turned into a drizzle, until Chenglei' scales were gleaming bright like the sun.

A flutter of wings, then a pair of little talons walked on Lydia's shoulder. 'Hoot, hoot!' blinked Sasha down at her worriedly.

Last edited:
Lydia would feel someone nuzzling her arm as a pair of hands made sure to be gentle while binding her wounds. Renee listened to her brother's directions as she helped, watching Mica heal the tiny witch. Then once she felt like her brother and Mica can care for the rest, the Pendragon sister helped Pond clear the sky by knocking her Sun burst arrows. It was a lot faster with their teamwork.

Echo nuzzled Butters' back with her cheek, giggling happily as her ears twitched. "Thank you, Kenren." The fawn tested her bandaged hands for a bit, seeing if it's tight or not before nodding in approval. She gave the Prince a tired but grateful smile. "...I can't believe I just tossed an exploding dragon in the air..." Her tone is one in disbelief. Then she started to giggle again, shaking her head. "...I can't believe we just won against an old dragon..."

Meanwhile a huge and relieved sigh from the large golden dragon was released as rain cooled his scales, trembling a bit before shaking off of the water. It felt really nice. His scales melded back into skin as he shrunk back into a human. He leaned his head back to feel the nice rain on his forehead for a while, feeling tranquil and a bit in peace. Then he tilted his head a bit to the side, ash purple eyes peering through golden wet hair, searching for someone and started to walk over to Kenren. He sat next to Echo (who's sitting on the ground) and sighed again with a proud and charming grin; he patted her back.

"Nice work, Cho."

"...Thank you...Where's Johnny? Do you see him, Butters?"

Zer0 Zer0

- Butters -

'Baa!' the giant ram tossed his head at the direction of the master warship that was passing overhead, it's underbelly still booming with cannon fire as it engaged the last of the dark army. At the fall of Valdanr, the shades dissolved into dust, and the ones that were left: the orcs, goblins, trolls, giants, werewolves, vampires, and all sorts of monsters fled.

The alliance rallied and pushed on to the dark tower where they had begun getting ready to bombard it, the evil within pulsing with growing power. The battle was hottest there now, where the rest of their friends were.

Kenren looked at Chenglei in relief. He was okay enough to stand. He held his shoulders, careful not to touch any wounds he had. "Chenglei, are you hurt anywhere bad?" he said checking him over.

Katsuya Katsuya

Echo smiled when she saw the Master warship flying overhead them, still shooting cannon fire at the fleeing enemies. Good, Johnny's safe...

"We should look for the others and fix you guys up." She said to the large ram as she petted his wet wool. "Are you hurting anywhere?"

Sighing again, the tall blonde took of his officer's uniform tunic. The prince can see dark bruises and angry red scratch marks all over his chest with bite wounds from Valdanr on his shoulders and waist. The blood is washed away from the light rain. On Chenglei's back is some sort of sunburn that's red and hot to touch.

"...Just my back...It feels like a burn..."Chenglei mumbled. "The rain feels really nice on it..."

Zer0 Zer0

- Butters -

'Baa.' Butters showed her all the burn wounds and his chipped horn. Almost half of his wool got burned off, including his tail that was wiggling like a pink little stub. He had butted so many soldiers today and it was the top of his head that had the most slashes from spears and swords. He bleated at Echo, and as he did so, Ginger the bushwhisker cat also came along and also showed where he was hurt. Meatballs was nowhere to be found for some reason, and if she asked the cheering soldiers, he wasn't at the frontlines either.

Kenren smiled at Chenglei's comment. "Nothing gets you down, huh?" he asked Renee for some burn salves and bandages, then cleared a place for Chenglei to sit so he could care for his wounds. "Great job out there . . . purring dragon." he chuckled. "When did you learn how to do that?"

Katsuya Katsuya

"Butters...Ginger..." Echo looked over all of his wounds and grabbed bandages with burn salves to bind him with and cover from the rain. Then checked on Ginger and her wounds, binding her wounds too. When Meatballs wasn't around, the fawn walked over to the cheering soldiers and asked; only to told that he wasn't in the front lines.

"...Oh no...Meatballs!" Echo called over, now looking for the large hound. If he wasn't in the front lines, then he's either somewhere else where the airships fell and looking for something or he poof-ed out... She really hopes that he poof-ed out and is well..."Meatballs! Answer me!! MEATBALLS!"

Meanwhile Chenglei sat down and let Kenren care for his wounds. He shuddered at the cooling cream on his back, gasping quietly. "I-I try to see the positives..." His cheeks turned red as he looked at the ground, he trailed a finger on the moist dirt and drawing a random scribble.

"L-Learned it over the Storm wall with Ren's help...but I was afraid that I might go berserk if I ever used it so...I never fought as a dragon...Didn't want to give hope to our men if I can't control it yet..." He sounded really shy about it like he wasn't used to talking about his dragon side with anybody. "...Y-you're not scared of me? Being a dragon and all...?"

Zer0 Zer0

- Kenren Taisho -

There was no reply from the hound as Butters looked around too, moving like a mummy from his bandages. The boarhound wasn't around, but he was a well-trained giant dog, he probably puffed out. Ginger meowed at Echo and purred, kneading her thighs with her claws contentedly when she bandaged her up.

Kenren gently applied the cream. "No, you were amazing, Chenglei, like the dragons in our legends back at home. Once word gets out, our people would probably worship you and welcome you with the Golden Dragon Dance, thinking you are a reincarnation of Kinryu." Suddenly he paused. "Hmmm . . . I think that might work . . . then no one would object to us marrying . . . Chenglei, " he moved around to look at him seriously, "pretend you are a dragon god from now on."

Katsuya Katsuya

Echo stopped shouting when there's no response from Meatballs, worried. 'He's fine. Probably poof-ed out...I hope.' She thought, standing still so Butters can rest a bit instead of moving around like a mummy. As funny as it was to see.

When Ginger kneaded her thigh, the fawn winced a bit before gently scratching the happy cat under his chin with a smile. "There. You're gonna be fine now Ginger-......Ow......Ow...." Echo didn't try to stand away from Ginger's affectionate kneading.

A weight has been lifted as Chenglei listened to Kenren, happy that he felt that way. Though he blushed red at the mention of their people worshiping him just for being a golden dragon. He really hopes that their people won't do tha-

"Ken'en," He started quietly, looking back at the prince with a raised brow. He softly touched his forehead to check and see if the prince had a fever that made him delusional. "Wouldn't everyone back home think it's weird that I haven't shown myself in front of the emperor if I was the reincarnation of Kinryu? Or that I'm mortal? Or that I have been beside you since years and I haven't said anything about it to you?" It wasn't as if Chenglei didn't like the idea; it gives them a chance to be together in front everyone without them complaining. However there's still some flaws in that plan...and he wants to make sure it's believable enough.

"What will we say about that?...How can I even act like a dragon god?" Chenglei tilted his head like a puppy, now pondering. "...or I guess I can try to be like Lady Mizutsume..."

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Kenren Taisho -

"You awakened during the ascension and realized who you really were. Just be yourself, Chenglei, and let your reputation make you a god in our people's eyes." Kenren thought a while. "You are really giving this a serious thought?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Chenglei gazed back at Kenren's eyes with a caring glint. "Yes, I am..." Knowing the men are too busy with fighting the fleeing enemies, the blonde soldier let his hand down from the prince's forehead to gently place it on his forearm. He squeezed tenderly. "...because it involves you and our future together."

Then he chuckled, smiling humbly as he scratched the back of his head. "P-perhaps I'm overthinking it ...ku fufu..."

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Kenren Taisho -

Kenren smiled. "Well, when this war is over, we'll have a lot of time to think about it." he meaningfully squeezed Chenglei's shoulder back. He gazed to the tower where the loudest of all explosions began to rock it as the warship fleet and dragons worked together to destroy it, blasting the center of the looming pillar, and sending it crashing to the other side.

"The men still need a commander and the rest of the kids are still inside, I'll go." He clapped his shoulder, then signaled the passing warship to pick him up. Two dragons answered the call, and one he told to stay with the group and take them to wherever they wished to go.

Katsuya Katsuya

Chenglei perked up and nodded, blushing a bit.

He looked over at the tower too, seeing it lean to the side and crashing down. As he listened to Kenren, the blonde soldier stood up to stand beside the dragon that's gonna wait for him and the kids. "Of course...Thank ya, Ken'en." He watched Kenren take off for a moment before looking over at the kids that are still here.

If any of them looked over where he was standing, Chenglei would smile and gestured the dragon when they wanted to leave. Where they wanted to go is up to them.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

It was dark, but despite not being able to see anything, she could still feel and all she felt was pain. Her whole body ached and she didn't even feel like she could move. Of course even if she felt like she could, she wouldn't because she was too afraid to. She was afraid it would hurt more to move. Despite her desire to remain still, she could feel herself being moved, carefully and slowly, so much so that it was actually fairly hard for her to decide if she was actually being moved, more like she was just really dizzy or light headed.

She wasn't entirely sure if she was still in Valdanr's grasp and she didn't know if she could open her eyes, or even if she did if she would be able to see anything. That was when she thought she heard voices nearby and for the first time since Valdanr had descended upon her, her body showed signs of her consciousness. Her brow furrowed slightly, a crease appearing just between her eyebrows for a brief moment, though it reappeared with a slight twitch as she felt a nudging against her and realized that her arm was being carefully raised.

Then she thought she heard her name and tried to move her head a little and it was soon followed by the small little pin pricks of a delicate creature's talons and that same creature's worried calls. It was like her ears had been stuffed with cotton or she had been underwater and was suddenly surfacing because following the familiar sensations she heard the uproarious cries of the army that had ventured into the black pit of their enemies and it was then that she wondered if they were still in the middle of battle.

Her eyes fluttered open, her brow still furrowed as she squinted slightly, blinking multiple times to try and clear her blurry vision. Trying to determine if she was really conscious or not as she shifted her eyes to look around her, the glare of the sun reflecting off of golden scales making it a little more difficult to discern her surroundings, "wh-wha..." she croaked out, wincing slightly and swallowing.

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya

- Fallen Tower -

James and Sasha breathed a huge sigh of relief. The little owl hooted at Lydia again, hopping closer to nibble her ear comfortingly.

Very carefully, James brushed her hand. "Lydia, you're safe, can you hear me? . . . Where does it hurt? Do you remember where you are?" he said calmly, though she could note a hint of deep anxiety in his voice, as if he wanted to immediately know what was wrong so that it would be fixed as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, at the fallen tower, Serena, Seth, Minnie, and a giant Seifer emerged from the battle zone, tired, wounded, but victorious! They had rescued all but the emperor, and had subdued the evil egg, which was currently under the guardianship of what's left of the alliance.

Cries of victory resounded all over the battlefield, as the men pursued their fleeing foes as far as the outskirts of the city. Everyone was spreading the news of the great deeds done today, and were singing songs of the honored dead who will forever be remembered as heroes. They were now rescuing all the injured, and the foes that surrendered were stripped of their weapons and set to work clearing the field of the dead.

Inside the protective coils of Mizutsune was a tent where Mr. and Mrs. Pendragon, Serena's mom, Lykon, Rhea, Johnny's sisters, and Thomas were being slowly un-petrified. Johnny was there, sitting down on a chair, looking anxiously at his two sisters now safe and sound as their stony figures were carefully turned back to flesh by the healers. He was so relieved that he was crying; Seth was hugging his brother. He was being controlled by that deathknight that got away, they had to fight Sen, and he was afraid that they would have to kill him, but thank goodness it didn't come to that. The twins were next to their little sister and parents who were still unconscious, and would not leave the tent until everything was safe; Lykon, who surprisingly was healing faster than the others, was shouting for Echo; while Serena's mom, whose eyes had been un-petrified had the look of deepest relief, warmth, and joy at the sight of her daughter; Thomas was already back to normal and was sleeping. He looked emaciated, but was relatively alright.

All the prisoners who suffered time in captivity looked thin and bony, but they were happy to be back with their loved ones, safe and sound.

Katsuya Katsuya Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

-Renee Pendragon-

Renee sighed in relief when she heard Lydia and James, walking over to them and sat next to the tiny witch. Mica climbed onto her shoulder as the Pendragon medic checked over Lydia one more time...just in case.

"Hi Lydia..." She greeted slowly so the tiny witch doesn't feel overwhelmed or confused, smiling gently as her fingers lightly pushed her sides and arms to see if there was anything broken or bruised. She's pretty sure they were bandaged up but it's better to be safe then sorry.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

-Serena Lock-
tablet_saber-anime-girl-wallpaper.jpg Meanwhile over at the tent . . .

"Mother!"

Serena came running in the tent and went straight for her mother who is sitting on a comfy chair and resting, wrapping her arms around her shoulders and back; Mrs. Lock hugged back and squeezed as hard as she could which wasn't hard at all. She is still weak to really hug her.

Everyone in the tent can tell where Serena got her looks from; Mrs. Lock is like the mature version of her daughter. Her mother's golden hair is a tad lighter, almost a pale wheat color with white streaks in the braid crown and pulled up bun of hers. Her warm eyes are a soft green, almost like staring at the green sea when the water is really clear. Pale and soft skin revealed her natural rosy cheeks and light pink lips. Royal blues with sliver lining of the dress she's wearing made her complexion much more lively, almost glowing, top it all of with a fluffy fur - or wool?- wrap that's covering her thin shoulders.

Mrs. Lock patted Serena's back, nuzzling at the top of her head with her cheek lovingly. "Oh Serena...My sweet Serena..." She leaned back a bit to take a good look at her, seeing the armor and wounds her daughter have won during battle. "...How are you feeling, my sweet?"

"I'm doing fine. More then fine. I'm really..." The violinist looked like she was about to cry, sniffling her nose as she waved a hand at her teary eyes. A huge smile grew on her ash-covered face. Mrs. Lock smiled warmly.

"May I hear it?" With a nod from her daughter, Mrs. Lock sat back, her dainty hands on her lap and closed her eyes to hear what her lovely daughter is feeling at the moment.

When Echo hear her father screaming for her, the fawn laughed and sobbed at the same time. "Shhh! Dad, you're going to wake up the oth-!"

"ECHO! MY LITTLE FLOWER! YOU ARE SAFE!!" Her burly father picked the young fawn up with his muscly arms and squeezed so tightly that Echo had gasped loudly. Which made anyone wonder...how strong is her father to make Echo gasp out like that and how did the enemy catch him with his strength?! "Dad! Can't....Breathe-!"

"I WAS SO WORRIED! I PRAYED AND PRAYED TO YOUR MOTHER TO WATCH OVER YOU! WHY WOULD YOU GO TO WINSLOW!? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY WOLVES ARE UP THERE!? THEY HAD FEATHERS AND EVERYTHING! IT WAS STRANGE BUT INTERESTING...STILL STRANGE!"

"D-Dad-! ......Ai-air-! I nee-need-!" She wheezed out; Lykon loosened up his grip but he didn't stop hugging her. "WHERE IS THIS JOHNNY? I MUST MEET HIM!" He leaned very close to Echo's surprised face, her ears folding back a bit. "WHERE. IS. HE?"

Minnie walked over to Sen and squeezed him in a hug. Her lips were quivering a bit as she looked up at him; relief and worry swimming in her pools of wet teal blue eyes. The gunslinger dreaded on fighting Sen when she found out that he was behaving just as weirdly as Seth and Serena was; being possessed and all. So she was so happy that they managed to defeat him without killing him.

"Feeling okay? You should lie down and rest some more..." Then she perked up and took off the choker he usually wears from her wrist, giving it back to the weakened twin. "Here. I found the sniper that took this from you days ago."

Then soft tune from a crystal violin caught Minnie's attention and she looked over to where Serena and her mother is at in the tent. The smaller blonde had the most sweetest smile on her face as she played her lullaby-like tune. Somehow the song calmed Lykon a bit, relaxing his tense stance and Minnie can feel the corner of her lips curving up from the lovely song. Mrs. Lock swayed gently with the rhythm before perking up at a certain note, her eyes blinked a bit. She seemed surprised about something within the song...and she was right...sort of.

Serena's violin started to have it's color melt down and spread inside the tent, covering the walls with the illusion she's creating. The same thing that happened to Seth before is happening again. Only the image is more of a grass field this time, looking at a cozy looking cabin and they were surrounded by pine trees. The air smelled fresher, the sun above wasn't glaring down. It was like they were being kissed with clouds slowly floating by. Minnie wondered when Serena learned how to do that.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Fallen Tower -
" Healer's Tent "

Johnny flinched, nobody could not-hear Lykon's voice, and almost everyone in the room looked at Johnny. They had just defeated two fearsome enemies, but meeting Echo's father was definitely scarier. What if he doesn't approve of him? What if he asks him the questions and smashes him with a boulder? Quickly, Johnny wiped the tears out of his eyes, wincing from his back injuries, he had to look like a man.

Eyes still red and puffy, he carefully stood up and very stiffly, shuffled towards Lykon trying not to move his back as much as possible. Then Serena started playing, and just like everyone, he paused and a peace settled on his shoulders, driving away the panicked thoughts from his mind. It was going to be okay. He'd usually ask for help moving, but this time, he wanted to stand tall.

"Mr. Muses, I'm Johnny Caprice." he said to the burly satyr, putting out a firm hand to shake. "Glad to see you so lively, Echo too told me stories of you. I'm --- ", he puffed out his chest, " --- I'm her solid marshmallow!"

Over at the twins' side, Sen pulled Minnie into the brothers' hug and embraced the two very tight. In all their adventures, Minnie and Ricket were his closest friends, and he felt very wamly towards the gunner. Seth had just told him what had happened, and his memories were slowly coming back. He remembered trying to kill Minnie too, and he was so glad they stopped him.

As Serena's music played, Seth gave the two some time alone. Sen was surprised, and received the choker. He felt his neck and indeed it was gone. "Minnie, thank you. I'm okay, I just --- let me hug you." he hugged her again tightly. "I miss you. I thought when I got caught, I would never see Seth, you, or Ricket again. Thanks for coming for me."

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
Echo was stuttering her answer when Johnny spoke up. Her eyes wide and her ears perked straight up as she watched her father's eyes squint at her beau; judging him silently. Seconds passed before Lykon grabbed his offered hand and giving it a firm shake, puffing up his own chest. Then the old satyr blinked, surprised, before looking at his daughter. She could practically see the question mark above his head. "SOLID MARSHMALLOW?! HOW CAN A MARSHMALLOW BE SOLID?! WHY ARE YOU A MARSHMALLOW?"

"...Dad, it's a nickname.....You know? Like how you call me flower? His is Solid Marshmallow..." Echo chimed in quietly, apprehensive. The satyr turned back to Johnny, still squinting his eyes at the young man...marshmallow? "...I SEE..."

"..."Echo really doubts that. Her father tends to be on the slow side sometimes...

"...COME HERE!" Without a warning, he pulled Johnny in and hugged him too, not squeezing as he saw the wince from before. Johnny would feel a large hand patting his back as gently as he could. "Thank you for watching over my daughter." Echo's jaw dropped. "I heard...I heard from my sister-in-law, Melody, that you were looking out for my daughter this whole time. Echo has wrote letters, telling us what happened as we traveled to Winslow; the last place we received letters from. We even met your family..."

The satyr looked over at where Johnny's sisters are sleeping with a protective and a bit of shame gleam in his dark amber eyes. "We were discussing with your father about...something weird, I didn't understand, when the shades came and attacked. I tried to save your family but...when I heard your sisters screaming..." Lykon moved his gaze at the floor, fuzzy brown ears wilting down. "I was distracted...I didn't know a vampire went behind me when I was fighting against the kidnappers. I had to scream at Melody to keep everyone else safe while I get your sisters back..." He sighed before looking back at Johnny with a shamed frown, disappointed at himself.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't protect your family when you were protecting mine." Lykon is a man filled with pride and honor, it seems.

Meanwhile Minnie is blushing red, stuttering in a flutter as she didn't expect Sen to say that. "U-Uh-! I-I....." She gulped. "...I m-miss you too..." The gunslinger hugged back, though it's a lot more gentler then any of the other hugs she gave as if she was timid. She nuzzled her head into the embrace, eyes half-lidded as her fluttered state calmed a bit. "...Yo-you're welcome..."

Oh buttered biscuits with shrimp swimming in it...Is her heart pounding again?! Nooo~! Minnie didn't want Sen to feel that! Not at all-!

But...she didn't move away. Instead her grip on the back of his shirt tightened.

When Serena finished playing, her mother stood up, cupped her cheeks, and asked calmly: "Do you like someone?" The blonde violinist blushed a deep red that covered her face...and that gave her mother the answer.

"...You are? When? How? Who is the young man you are crushing on?"

"...Mother, how did you-?"

"Your music is a touch warmer. I've heard you play this song many times before but none of them is as warm and caring as now. Now spill, my sweet." The violinist sputtered in her fluster. Looks like Serena got her gossip-y side from her mother as well.

Zer0 Zer0

- Fallen Tower -
" Healer's Tent "

Actually, Johnny had forgotten why Echo called him marshmallow, though he guessed it had something to do with his fluffy tail? Or was it his love for fluffy things? He was sweating buckets as he stood there without an answer, stammering, "Erm . . . " Lykon's hand was so big compared to his, and he just nodded at the burly manly satyr when Echo explained. Then suddenly he was being hugged!

He felt so relieved, like he worried over nothing. He gingerly hugged back. "Sir, it --- it's more than enough that you went all the way to Winslow to save my family, risking your life when you haven't even met them nor knew what they were like. Thank you very much for caring for them!" he bowed, then grabbed Echo's hand for support when it strained his back and he had to freeze, saying, "Ow, ow, ow."

Sen felt Minnie's heart beat. He suddenly remembered the affection she had for him, and realized that right now . . . he didn't mind. He was also suddenly aware that he was hugging a girl. He had always seen Minnie like a guy friend, and had been chummy with her like a buddy, but now . . . his cheeks redenned. Sen just continued hugging her because he wouldn't know how to act normal if he let go.

Seth noticed this, and waggled his eyebrows at the two mischievously, jerking his head at Sen if Minnie looked at him, and jerking his head at Minnie if Sen looked at him.

Sen went even redder. "Um!" he just looked at Minnie for a moment before bursting out laughing at how awkward they were. It was weird, but he was smiling. "Hush, brother!" he pointed at Seth.

"I didn't say anything!" shrugged Seth innocently, amused at how his twin was behaving.

"You were thinking it!" said Sen, and he just continued hugging Minnie.

Katsuya Katsuya

Echo jumped a bit when Johnny grabbed her hand after bowing and freezing in place, her ears folded back again. "Johnny?! You shouldn't bow when you can't even move your back!" Lykon laughed heartedly, ruffling Johnny's hair before letting his daughter help him get back to the chair.

"NOW NOW ECHO. LET THE MAN BOW WHEN HE WANTS. IT'S GOOD TO GO THROUGH A BIT OF PAIN FOR STRENGTH."

"Dad! No! No, it's not!" Echo confronted and frustrated at her dad's weird philosophy. It was that sort of mentality that made her training experience with him much more dangerous and bone-breaking. He just laughed again, giving up the debate easily enough.

"Come on, my solid marshmallow...Let me help you..." She slowly lead Johnny back to the seat as Lykon just looked on with a wide bright grin on his face. Then he walked beside the couple, back to where Johnny's sisters are sleeping. The satyr would occasionally say something that makes no sense or something very manly to Johnny only for Echo to pout angrily at him and he'd laugh out loud. "DON'T WORRY, MY BOY. YOU'LL BE GOOD AS NEW SOON!" He encouraged the entertainer.

Minnie's face turned redder when she saw Seth gesturing at Sen with his head before looking up. She saw that Sen did the same and when he laughed awkwardly, the gunslinger looked away. Steam is coming out from her ears and floating to the top of her head....Was she giggling? She is!

Minnie is giggling her bird-like giggle quietly and awkwardly.

Not knowing what to do, she hid her red and hot face onto Sen's chest, trying to calm her fast paced heart. "...Sen?" Her teal blue eyes looked up innocently and she gave him her small but tender smile. "I'm...I'm happy that you're okay now..."

Seth is gonna feel a pair of dainty hands cupping his cheeks and his head pulled around to see Mrs. Lock staring down into his soul...or so it seems. "...Serena likes you...?"

If he looked over to the chair she was sitting on before, he would see the violinist curled up into a ball, red-faced and doodling on the floor with her finger. Yep, she's totally flustered.

Zer0 Zer0

- Fallen Tower -
" Healer's Tent "

"Okay." said Johnny gingerly. "Echo, why do you call me marshmallow again?" he whispered to her as he sat back down on the chair, still holding her hand.

"Huh?" mumbled said Seth, his squished cheeks giving him fish lips . Then his brain processed who was standing in front of him. "Y-yes, I do --- I mean, she does!" he peered over at Serena. "We kissed --- ah, but she wasn't conscious ---"

Now it was Sen's turn to snigger at his twin. He looked back at Minnie and smiled. "Yeah, thanks for saving me." he squeezed her once more. "It's actually super calming holding you like this, Minnie." he said, and she could see in his eyes that he likes her too. When they let go, Sen was a little awkward, but smiling, now turning to his parents and Rhea as the healers finished un-petrifying them and they were now just sleeping. He asked what their guild members were doing now, and where were Renee, James, Lydia, and Chenglei.

* * * *​

Meanwhile, in another tent outside the fallen tower, Kenren was looking down at the body of the late emperor, his father. His stone form had been crushed, and so most of him was under a bloodied white sheet. The crown was gone and so was the emperor's sword and heirlooms, the soldiers were currently scouring the entire area looking for them.

He sat on a chair, not sure if what he was feeling was right. Their culture honored their parents, but it was hard for him to feel that way after everything that has happened. He wondered if that made him a bad person. He felt nothing at all, as though he was looking at a stranger.

He was sure one of his forty-nine siblings was sitting on the throne now, or they are still fighting for it since the emperor had been taken without choosing an heir. News of his and Chenglei's victory would reach the Orients in a week, and when he returned . . . no, he won't sit on the throne yet . . . it'd be nice to secretly visit granny and Tsumiki again together with Chenglei. Speaking of which, he had followed him everywhere and now that they had come to the end, he wondered what Chenglei would want to do now and thought about doing what he wants to do for a change.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
"I call you marshmallow because you're very fluffy and soft and sweet!" Echo whispered back, smiling warm as he sat down.

Mrs. Lock raised an eyebrow at him while Serena's head immediately turned to look at him with shocked eyes. Then she, ever so slowly, touched her lips with her finger tips. Her face is as red as Echo's hair. "...A bit of a thief, I see. Stealing a kiss from my daughter..." Mrs. Lock guessed, one eye narrowing a bit as she stared at Seth. "Mischief..."

Minnie nodded a bit before freezing at the sentence then she gazed into his eyes; the gunslinger bit her bottom lip as she blushed again. "...Y-yea...me too...I-I mean hugging you is calming too..." She stuttered quietly as she let's go, awkward but she was smiling happily. She told Sen about the guild members, how some were looking out for their families while others went to battle or have been inventing or dismembering his killer mech-golems.

As for his sister, brother, witch-y friend, and swordsman...

"I currently don't know where thet are."

A warm and scale-covered hand lightly clapped on Kenren's shoulder as a low baritone voice broke the silence with a hesitant whisper. "Ken'en?" Chenglei asked. He came with James, Renee, and Lydia with the dragon. After making sure everyone is doing fine, the blonde soldier wanted to check on the Prince. He heard the news about the Emperor. "Are ya...How are ya feelin'?"

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Fallen Tower -
" Healer's Tent "

Johnny smiled, squeezing Echo's hand. He wanted to show more affection, but he felt awkward with her father around. There was a lot he wanted to talk about with her: the battle, her crushing hammer smite to Valdanr's forelegs, how she trapped him with earth and vines, and that toss! So he happily chatted with her and Lykon; Butters came inside the tent, 'Baa-ing', looking for them. He had stayed outside to guard with the rest of the summons, but poked his fluffy, curly-horned head in when he heard Johnny's voice.

'Baa!'

"Butters! My sisters are alright!" said Johnny. He introduced the giant ram to Lykon, saying this was his greatest friend in the whole world and his family too. He told the burly manly satyr that ever since he was twelve, Butters had been his companion through many dangers and that he can understand them talking. The giant ram bleated cheerfully at Lykon and head-butted him affectionately.

As Echo's father got acquainted with Butters, Johnny wondered what he was going to say if he asked if he had kissed her. "Echo, what did you write in your letters about me?" he whispered.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Kenren Taisho -
" Emperor's Tent, Fallen Tower "

Kenren held the hand on his shoulder for comfort. "I feel nothing, like I'm looking at a stranger. I was actually thinking about what you'd like to do now that the war is over . . . Am I normal?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back