Other How would you hide an actor's role in a film?

demdo_demi

Back for more!
I couldn't find any forums that match this question, so I apologize if this doesn't fit the right category.

As a writer, I've had the plans to turn the stories I write into films. So if I were to become a Writer/Director, how would I keep a main cast member's involvement in a film franchise sequel hidden?

So basically, the main protagonist of the first installment ends up stranded by the end of the story.

In the second installment, the story starts with that character, and then focuses back on the others for the rest of the first Act. The second Act is mostly about the other characters, but ends with the stranded protagonist and his journey home. Finally, the third Act combines the other characters and the main protagonist as the main protagonist returns for the final battle.

Though say, before the film comes out, when trailers, interviews, etc. come out, I, as the director/writer, don't want the audience to know of the main protagonist/actor's involvement? I'd want his role to be a complete surprise.

Keeping him out of trailers should be easy, as you request to the production department that the character is not shown at all, though what about interviews and panels? Would the actor/director sign contracts to ensure they are kept secret from the audience or..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back