• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

How to know if I'm in trouble

The Mechanist

Everyone's favorite cybernetic robot! 🤖
Alright so last night I had a dream that I got in serious trouble with the admins, (don't ask me what it was about because the warning was in chicken scratch, my literacy skills go down the drain in the dream world) and I remember hearing about that there is a way to check how many "strikes" you have against you? Like how do I know if I have a warning, if I got in trouble, or if I have these "strikes" against my name? 

You'll know. If you're issued a warning by the staff, it will be sent to you via PM. If you want to check what warnings you've received and the accumulation of points given from those warnings, I believe it still shows up as a separate tab on your profile. If you don't have a tab like that on your profile, then that would mean you haven't received any warnings. The staff will never try to be secretive about whether or not you've broken the rules. They want you to know in hopes that you may correct that behavior in the future. So again, I'm not 100% sure I'm up to date on the details nowadays, but I can assure you that you would know if you had broken some sort of rule on the site.

You'll know. If you're issued a warning by the staff, it will be sent to you via PM. If you want to check what warnings you've received and the accumulation of points given from those warnings, I believe it still shows up as a separate tab on your profile. If you don't have a tab like that on your profile, then that would mean you haven't received any warnings. The staff will never try to be secretive about whether or not you've broken the rules. They want you to know in hopes that you may correct that behavior in the future. So again, I'm not 100% sure I'm up to date on the details nowadays, but I can assure you that you would know if you had broken some sort of rule on the site.

Thank you friend ^-^ that helps put my mind at ease, where is this seperate tab that you speak of?

Thank you friend ^-^ that helps put my mind at ease, where is this seperate tab that you speak of?

Like if you look at your profile right now, you can see the separate activity and badges tabs. It would be in addition to that only if you have a warning/warning points. The way profiles are set up right now is kind of like the tabs get added as you kind of... fill stuff out? Like if you edited your profile with personal information, then you would have an "about me" section. If I'm not making too much sense, I can show some screenshots. (Also note that the warnings tab would only be visible to you and staff for privacy.)

I apologize that I don't have any screencaps of the warning tab itself, but you can look at the difference in the number of tabs we have and roundabout what a new tab would look like/where it would be.

0xjP7ow.png

zcjtKuY.png

I apologize that I don't have any screencaps of the warning tab itself, but you can look at the difference in the number of tabs we have and roundabout what a new tab would look like/where it would be.

Ah ok I see, yeah I has no warnings ^-^ thank you very much my coniferous friend

please help yourself to some cookies and punch

We actually made it so the warnings only showed to Staff; I forget why at the moment (haven't had breakfast yet, it may come to me later in the day) but I know it was for a good reason.

But like Pine says, if you did get a warning, with or without points, you'd know because it sends you a message about it to explain what and why, and you can't post until you've acknowledged the warning.

You can always submit a support ticket if you want to ask how many warnings are on your account; it's not something we'll discuss publicly (it's actually against the rules to do so) but there's nothing wrong with wanting to know where you stand.

Really though, as long as you haven't done anything against the rules, you won't be in any trouble. ^_^   We try to be as fair as possible, and first offenses almost always get a 0-point warning because we aren't out to get anyone, we just want them to stop the rule-breaking behavior.  (Particularly egregious first-time things, like detailed sex scenes, will get points because they're so over the line.  But you don't seem like the sort of person to do that sort of thing anyway.)

We actually made it so the warnings only showed to Staff; I forget why at the moment (haven't had breakfast yet, it may come to me later in the day) but I know it was for a good reason.

But like Pine says, if you did get a warning, with or without points, you'd know because it sends you a message about it to explain what and why, and you can't post until you've acknowledged the warning.

You can always submit a support ticket if you want to ask how many warnings are on your account; it's not something we'll discuss publicly (it's actually against the rules to do so) but there's nothing wrong with wanting to know where you stand.

Really though, as long as you haven't done anything against the rules, you won't be in any trouble. ^_^   We try to be as fair as possible, and first offenses almost always get a 0-point warning because we aren't out to get anyone, we just want them to stop the rule-breaking behavior.  (Particularly egregious first-time things, like detailed sex scenes, will get points because they're so over the line.  But you don't seem like the sort of person to do that sort of thing anyway.)

Well then I'm guessing I'm good ^-^ haven't gotten a message like that nor have I had my posting capabilities locked, thank you for the information ^-^

Do we have a rollback period for the warnings? Like, if you do get a warning with points, are they removed after a certain period?

Yes, I believe by default they expire after 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back