Advice/Help How to come back from a Bad Experience

PrincessHimeChan

So I recently had a falling out with not one, but multiple roleplay partners after a mental health relapse. My mood was very unstable, and my anger scared them all away (I do not blame them at all, rather I tried to apologize with no avail). We were all in the same friend group, so I moved from interacting with that friend group. Part of that, however, has scared me away from forming more than superficial relationships with my roleplay partners. I would love advice on how to move past that, because I still love to roleplay. I just am afraid to let myself be open and vulnerable with roleplay partners.

Time heals all wounds.

I imagine that this happened not too long ago based on your mention of "recently" and it probably still seems like a huge mess to you. That's okay. Sometimes it takes a little while to bounce back from these matters. Especially when it's related to mental health. It may be worth considering a hiatus or semi-hiatus while you focus on rebuilding your own mental health a bit. Roleplaying is supposed to be fun, but sometimes, it's actually quite stressful. Making character sheets, meeting deadlines, posting accurate responses, keeping other players invested in your work. . It's a lot and sometimes the stress can be too much to bear. It may be worth it to take a little time off for yourself, even if just a week, to focus on yourself or other hobbies. Maybe video games, writing solo, watching movies, or whatever it is that you personally enjoy doing. The goal is to help you relax during this window of time.

Sooner or later, I think that the feelings towards the situation will become less and less until it doesn't really bother you anymore. And when it does, then you can start anew by looking for new friends or Roleplay partners. You can still feel a little closed off until then and you're not technically expected to have anything other than superficial relationships with your partners anyway, but I get the sense that you enjoy the connection that comes from Roleplaying. But you can also let yourself have a bit of a break until you feel like you can open up to Roleplay partners again, even if it's just one person at a time.

Sorry if this is a bit ramble-y, but I hope that it helps! And please remember to take care of yourself. Mental health is a very serious matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back