How to be less "busy" and post more often?

Danchou Tsubomi

Leader of the Mekakushi Dan
[COLOR= rgb(102, 0, 255)]Lately, I've been kind of really bad at posting on time, from a mix of just stuff in life and my own faults, heh. It is often said if something is important, you'll always find time for it.

Which is kind of hard, but I guess I'm doing alright if I can manage to post like fifty status updates on here (like yesterday, haha).

Any tips? :) [/COLOR]

I wouldn't worry about it. 

It's better to take your time and wait until you actually have something to say than worry about some kind of word / post count per week.

But if it helps I sometimes just ask my partner. Like having a tuff time getting out of this scenario, any suggestions? 

Post when you can, it's really up to when you feel you are able to. See your schedule, find a day or two when you know you'll commit to writing.

RpNation should not be stressful.  If you can't post as often as you have before in the past, let your roleplaying partners know in advance.  They're likely to appreciate you for it and should understand that people's schedules change as the year goes on. :)

This sounds like me! Like, I start posting like a bunch for a time. But then life happens and I'm suddenly not as active. It's cruel.

Lately, I've been kind of really bad at posting on time, from a mix of just stuff in life and my own faults, heh. It is often said if something is important, you'll always find time for it.

Which is kind of hard, but I guess I'm doing alright if I can manage to post like fifty status updates on here (like yesterday, haha).

Any tips? :)

Well you can't really be less busy in the sense that :

Presumably your real life commitments aren't going to go away. I mean mine are basically my job which I kind of need to make money to pay rent and afford nice things like the internet.

Now if you're asking more how to you balance your time or how to increase motivation that's sort of a personal thing.

I go through plenty of points where I'm too busy or just not motivated to roleplay and it never bothers me. Because this was never something that I got into expecting to put a set number of hours into it.

I roleplay because I like hanging out with people and playing make believe. If I'm motivated to do so I'll post when I can and explain to my partners when I'm too busy and not feeling the motivation.

As a 1x1 player this is fairly easy as it's just two people involved and we both understand : hey we're not solely creatures of the internet we both have lives and sometimes they come first.

in groups that can be a sight trickier but you'll find that most of the rational people on this site would rather you be enjoying yourself than fitting some kind of quota.

so if you have to take a break or you can't post as fast/often as you use to just communicate that to your partners and most of them will understand. the ones who aren't well... honestly ignore them.

Remember that a post only needs three elements:

1: A response to what has happened.

2: An attempt by your character to continue the scene.

3: Something for another poster to build off of.

Note that none of those say that they need to be three distinct things. You can easily combine two of them in to a single portion of your post, especially element 1 and 2, or 2 and 3.

Lengthy posts are not required, so long as you hit those three post points. Even a post that's only a few sentences to a paragraph long is good, so long as you make sure to include something that keeps the thread going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back