Advice/Help How does one start an rp for the "first" time?

MangaliciousAndrogyny

Car Karaoke King
I have been roleplaying for some time, through LARP or just with a group of friends. However, this is my first time on an internet forum. So I'm curious how you would start an rp with someone? Do you just post on a thread where someone is looking? And how do you make sure that the roleplay will be what you are looking for? I'm used to already knowing the abilities of my partners but I suppose the "new kid" jitters are getting the better of me.

Any advice for someone new to the internet wide rp scene?

Looking for Players

The link above is where the action happens when it comes to looking for roleplays. People make search threads in there, also known as interests checks. Post in the "looking for partners" section of it with your interests, what you're looking for, your personal rules and so on to find a personal 1x1 RP partner.
If you have an idea for a group roleplay, you can post it in the "looking for group" part. Of course, in either case, you may want to go through other people's search threads first.

As for knowing what to expect, well, you can't. You just have to be clear about what you want and hope the person that says they can do it actually can.

I hope this si helpful, happy rping!

Awesome! That's what I was thinking I just wasn't sure how to go about it exactly.

But thank you! That is good to know and I'm sure I will figure it out eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back