Other How do you deal with rejection online?

The Random Fox

Roleplay Availability
Say you were friends with someone for a short while, maybe a couple of weeks, and all of a sudden, they just out of nowhere stop being your friend? How do you cope? How do you deal with your emotions if it caused you to be upset? Asking for a friend.

If I may speak with 100% honesty, it doesn't sound to me like this ever actually made it to "friendship." It sounds more like you were just acquaintances.

Friendship implies a level of mutual affection, trust, respect, and desire to maintain a longstanding relationship. It may not be stated directly in conversation but everything from how you speak to each other, joke with each other, enjoy leisurely activities with each other, trust and confide in each other, etc., all provides a clear and unspoken confirmation this is something meant to be long term.

Having an acquaintance simply means that you know the person exists. That's it. Maybe you were both cordial in your interactions and shared laughs, but that's not confirmation of a friendship.

If you look back on your interactions can you say for certain you were actually friends? Or, do you think it's possible this was an acquaintanceship which was given more emotional value than it should have gotten?

Regardless of your answer, there's a few things you can do to cope and move forward from this.

Arguably the most important thing to do is focus on and do what makes you happy. Speak with and hang out with your friends. Play your favorite video games. Join new RP's or continue ongoing RP's here on RpNation. Watch your favorite films. Chat and hang with your family. Play with and snuggle your pets if you have any. If you play an instrument then play the bejeezus out of it. If you like sports, go play them.

The goal is to stay as positive and as mentally occupied on positive things as is humanly possible, because that will help you remain focused on the good in your life and keep you in a healthier state of mind as you move forward.

Secondly, it's important to understand that you didn't lose anything when they made the choice to vanish.

If they up and vanished from your life, they've basically confirmed they never intended to stick around at all which, as far as I'm concerned, proves they were never your friend.

I know that being ghosted hurts, but losing a ghost is the same as losing nothing. The people who actually bring value to your life are the ones who are still with you.

As long as you stay focused on the things which bring you joy and keep yourself in as healthy a mindset as possible, you'll be fine.

Cheers!

~ GojiBean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back