Other How do I Get Past my Awkwardness??

Avinix

Penguins.
So my brain is all dumb and awkward and shy, so I find it hard to RP when I don’t know what to say or if I get confused on what’s going on. Is it rude to just say, “hey uuuuuhhh that made no sense could you please explain to me what the heck is going on?!”?

No.

In fact plenty of people actively encourage and appreciate open communicating from their partners. It can be really frustrating trying to fix a problem we're not aware exists.

That being said there are also people out there that are sensitive to criticism and might take any questions as an attack. So I would sort of feel out your partner first. Ask them - hey would it be okay if I ask you questions if I'm confused? 99% of the time they'll say "Oh yeah sure please do." And if they don't well at least you know how they feel about it.

No.

In fact plenty of people actively encourage and appreciate open communicating from their partners. It can be really frustrating trying to fix a problem we're not aware exists.

That being said there are also people out there that are sensitive to criticism and might take any questions as an attack. So I would sort of feel out your partner first. Ask them - hey would it be okay if I ask you questions if I'm confused? 99% of the time they'll say "Oh yeah sure please do." And if they don't well at least you know how they feel about it.

Thank you for the help, I feel a little more confident to RP now!

It's not rude if you're not writing it in a rude way. Problems should be solved, not ignored.

That being said, these are the internets! Communication is easier and lacks lots of social dances with tambourine around etiquette. Don't be shy to tell what's on your mind, or approach people with questions. And if they judge, who cares? They don't know you. You know you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back