Other How did you meet your partner?

Hopeless Wanderer

Hey! Just curious, if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend, how did you meet each other?
I guess I'll start by telling you how I met my girlfriend. We've been together for close to two years now, happier than ever!

I was at this party with a friend of mine, I remember that the last thing I wanted to do that night was to party so I don't know how he convinced me. However, I went with him and I was in a really bad mood for reasons I can't remember.
As I went to the kitchen to grab a beer, this random girl that I had never met before came up to me and said, "You know what's on the menu? ME-N-U." I was in shock, 'cause who the fuck says that to a stranger? (I loved it)

After that, I told my friend I was leaving with this girl that I had just met. We left the house, stole a shopping cart from the local grocery store that was standing outside for whatever reason and I rolled us the best fucking joint this world had ever seen. She sat in the cart as I pushed her around sharing a joint. To this day, it's the best night of my life, it was like I was in a romantic/comedy movie. When we kissed that night, it was actually the first time I experienced butterflies in a lovely/romantic/cute way.

Today we live together and she still gives me the same butterflies. *cute chuckle* You know what the best part is? I still have that shopping cart.

Last edited:
She was going to send me nudes on an anonymous 'hookup' app and we got chatting instead hahahahahahaah

That's a cute way to meet someone. =)
I totally understand, relationships have it's up's and down's. As long as you do what feels right. I wish you the best of luck with your relationship. =)

Sooooo.
A few months ago I was sitting in a call with one of my favorite friends who lives just a state over. And he added two of his friends to the call with us.
Weirdly enough I had feelings for both of them instantly. I talked to one of them for a month. Mostly sexual chatters and photos. And I would always talk to the other about it, about how he didn't like me but I liked him blah blah blah.

At this point I started talking to the second boy more and more. We instantly hit it off in a platonic way. And I ignored my romantic feelings for him. Until I started a meme of him and I calling each other babe, since all our friends thought we were dating.

Some more time passed and after constant hammering from our friends we got into an open relationship because neither of us told the other that they had romantic feelings for them.
After a few days, I confessed that I liked him first. I got that
"Oh thank god. I though this was one sided" text from him which made me laugh.
And for the last 2 months I've been in a happy 150 mile relationship.

I met mine earlier last year during school exams. It turns out she was home schooled since 6th grade and was going back to school for her senior year, meaning we're both seniors. I had seen her earlier in the day and thought to myself, "Hey, she's pretty cute." And before I knew it, once the tests were done and people were all waiting outside for their rides I just kinda walked up and introduced myself. It was a half hour before either of our rides got there to pick us up and so we just got to talk for that time. The topics got weird as well at one point XD. But we never exchanged numbers and I thought I'd probably never talk to her again.

Summer: I thought about her over the summer every so often. Funny considering I forgot her name during those months. I always wondered if I'd get to see her again since when we talked there was just a really good vibe in the air.

Beginning of school this year: Turns out I would be getting to see her again since she had made friends with some of mine, one of which she had been friends with for years. This friend would be a major help in getting us together. Me and her began talking quite often, whenever we crossed paths essentially and got a chance to talk and hang out in school. By the time September was over and going into October I had grown a pretty heavy crush on the girl. Almost to the point my stomach flipped when I got too hug her and talk (Yeah, cheesy but true). By the end of the month of October we had gotten each others numbers and were talking a LOT, we even skyped on our computers at night. Meanwhile I had talked with my friend to investigate with her and also make me seem like a good guy (Since I'm kinda submissive in a relationship but take dominance in certain situations and was also shy as hell with the girl) because I had feeling she was growing a thing for me but I wasn't too sure since she seemed to act so casually.

November: By the very end of October we had talked a lot and gotten to know so much about one another, and eventually the fact came out between us that we had feelings towards one another. So then began the courtship in November, ya know, sweet talk, gentle lovey dovey stuff, fighting since she wrestles and I do BJJ so we got to practice, etc etc. It eventually came to the point where she invited me to her house for thanksgiving dinner with their family. I was nervous as hell but I agreed to go. But since she and half of her family are celiacs, I had to change up what I was going to make for dinner to bring there. I decided upon going through the effort of making my bombtastic cream puffs but gluten free. So I tried 2 times to make the right batch of puffs and failed, I eventually figured out what was wrong and what I needed to do and by the time I made my third puff batch I had it figured out. I felt good about myself knowing that I figured it out, and when I brought them over later that day her and their family were so appreciative of the fact I went through the effort to go out of my way and make something gluten free for them all. (The cream puffs were great by the way) Then 2 days later we went on our first date at a beautiful nature trail right near my trade school. That day marked the beginning of our relationship. (It was also the first time we kissed and got to show a rather lustful side to us, but no, sex did not happen)

Present: We're still dating are very happy in our relationship, it turns out we're even going to the same college to pursue a medical career.

I met mine earlier last year during school exams. It turns out she was home schooled since 6th grade and was going back to school for her senior year, meaning we're both seniors. I had seen her earlier in the day and thought to myself, "Hey, she's pretty cute." And before I knew it, once the tests were done and people were all waiting outside for their rides I just kinda walked up and introduced myself. It was a half hour before either of our rides got there to pick us up and so we just got to talk for that time. The topics got weird as well at one point XD. But we never exchanged numbers and I thought I'd probably never talk to her again.

Summer: I thought about her over the summer every so often. Funny considering I forgot her name during those months. I always wondered if I'd get to see her again since when we talked there was just a really good vibe in the air.

Beginning of school this year: Turns out I would be getting to see her again since she had made friends with some of mine, one of which she had been friends with for years. This friend would be a major help in getting us together. Me and her began talking quite often, whenever we crossed paths essentially and got a chance to talk and hang out in school. By the time September was over and going into October I had grown a pretty heavy crush on the girl. Almost to the point my stomach flipped when I got too hug her and talk (Yeah, cheesy but true). By the end of the month of October we had gotten each others numbers and were talking a LOT, we even skyped on our computers at night. Meanwhile I had talked with my friend to investigate with her and also make me seem like a good guy (Since I'm kinda submissive in a relationship but take dominance in certain situations and was also shy as hell with the girl) because I had feeling she was growing a thing for me but I wasn't too sure since she seemed to act so casually.

November: By the very end of October we had talked a lot and gotten to know so much about one another, and eventually the fact came out between us that we had feelings towards one another. So then began the courtship in November, ya know, sweet talk, gentle lovey dovey stuff, fighting since she wrestles and I do BJJ so we got to practice, etc etc. It eventually came to the point where she invited me to her house for thanksgiving dinner with their family. I was nervous as hell but I agreed to go. But since she and half of her family are celiacs, I had to change up what I was going to make for dinner to bring there. I decided upon going through the effort of making my bombtastic cream puffs but gluten free. So I tried 2 times to make the right batch of puffs and failed, I eventually figured out what was wrong and what I needed to do and by the time I made my third puff batch I had it figured out. I felt good about myself knowing that I figured it out, and when I brought them over later that day her and their family were so appreciative of the fact I went through the effort to go out of my way and make something gluten free for them all. (The cream puffs were great by the way) Then 2 days later we went on our first date at a beautiful nature trail right near my trade school. That day marked the beginning of our relationship. (It was also the first time we kissed and got to show a rather lustful side to us, but no, sex did not happen)

Present: We're still dating are very happy in our relationship, it turns out we're even going to the same college to pursue a medical career.
Did the sex eventually happen though?

So I am married, and he and I met at wawa (a gas station/deli) where we worked together for a whole year before he said anything to me other than "get me a pa of roast beef" or "what time did you drop this mac and cheese?". I was just coming off of a few year long string of bad luck, and wasn't looking for anything.
a little about me, I was in nursing school at the time, and I tend to stay away from drugs of any kind (also a part of my string of bad luck). I hate them and tend not to associate with those that do them.
well, matt and i were making sandwiches together during a rush, and all of a sudden he goes, "so when are we gonna hang out?"
i kinda paused, gave him this sideways glance and said, "well what do you like to do?"
without hesitating he goes, "smoke pot"
at this point i'm like wtf am i doing and im like forgetting how to put cheese on a sandwich. i guess i appreciated his honesty, though, so for some reason i said, "well i don't do that, but we can still hang out."
and now two and a half years later, we're happily married. <3

I met the first love of my life back in 2013, on a dating app. plenty of fish. anyone who knows that app knows how shitty it is. filled with bottom feeders, pretty much. well, i had a guy message me, and to this day i can remember how he just kept saying there was something special about me, something different, he just couldn't place it but wanted to find out what it was. well i thought he was full of it, but whatever. i was young and already on pof, might as well meet this guy.
well we met and hit it off right away. i fell, and i fell hard. by the time i figured out he was an addict i was already in love. our love was a whirlwind romance. he was everything i needed and wanted, and i loved him with all my heart. but things started to fall apart, and in the end, his addiction won. i got to spend one final week with him in the hospital, and i like to think he knew i was there, but i'll never know. his mother and i pulled life support september 11, 2013.
in his last letter to me, he said i should become a nurse. so november 2013, i was enrolled, and i graduated two years later, and am now a licensed practical nurse. and i actually currently work with addicts, so it's like... where i'm meant to be.

they say in your life you love three people, each for a different reason. i wouldn't change either of those stories, and i'm very grateful for where i am now.

Was gonna post a big long post about mine. I feel like it’s not worth it after reading others Ahahaha

Besides, I think the rule is you have to have a current gf/bf aha

Love the first posts story by the way

Awww! That's actually adorable! =)

So I am married, and he and I met at wawa (a gas station/deli) where we worked together for a whole year before he said anything to me other than "get me a pa of roast beef" or "what time did you drop this mac and cheese?". I was just coming off of a few year long string of bad luck, and wasn't looking for anything.
a little about me, I was in nursing school at the time, and I tend to stay away from drugs of any kind (also a part of my string of bad luck). I hate them and tend not to associate with those that do them.
well, matt and i were making sandwiches together during a rush, and all of a sudden he goes, "so when are we gonna hang out?"
i kinda paused, gave him this sideways glance and said, "well what do you like to do?"
at this point i'm like wtf am i doing and im like forgetting how to put cheese on a sandwich. i guess i appreciated his honesty, though, so for some reason i said, "well i don't do that, but we can still hang out."

I met the first love of my life back in 2013, on a dating app. plenty of fish. anyone who knows that app knows how shitty it is. filled with bottom feeders, pretty much. well, i had a guy message me, and to this day i can remember how he just kept saying there was something special about me, something different, he just couldn't place it but wanted to find out what it was. well i thought he was full of it, but whatever. i was young and already on pof, might as well meet this guy.
well we met and hit it off right away. i fell, and i fell hard. by the time i figured out he was an addict i was already in love. our love was a whirlwind romance. he was everything i needed and wanted, and i loved him with all my heart. but things started to fall apart, and in the end, his addiction won. i got to spend one final week with him in the hospital, and i like to think he knew i was there, but i'll never know. his mother and i pulled life support september 11, 2013.
in his last letter to me, he said i should become a nurse. so november 2013, i was enrolled, and i graduated two years later, and am now a licensed practical nurse. and i actually currently work with addicts, so it's like... where i'm meant to be.

they say in your life you love three people, each for a different reason. i wouldn't change either of those stories, and i'm very grateful for where i am now.
Haha, that's just amazing! He seems like a chill dude. =)
That's so sad, I'm so sorry. I'm glad it worked out for you in the end and wish you the best of luck Belle.

Haha, that's just amazing! He seems like a chill dude. =)
That's so sad, I'm so sorry. I'm glad it worked out for you in the end and wish you the best of luck Belle.

he is a very chill dude, and i love him so much, haha. and i really thank you, it means alot, and same to you!

Ha oh goodness where to even begin? Lets see....I was going through a crappy relationship and didn't know where it was going at the time( we weren't together for very long lol) and my friend wanted to come over and hang out. We went out later on that same night and she asked if it was okay to invite another guy for me( she was going to be hanging out with another guy and didn't want me feeling left out) well half of me didnt like that idea since I was going through relationship problems but I thought ah what the hell, it wouldn't hurt right?

So we met up with the guys and we all went and grabbed dinner. Me and the guy ,my friend invited for me, hit it off pretty damn well. We kept playing the little eye game and I didnt know what was going on but something inside me was making me all nervous and I also had the butterflies when I was around him or whatever. Then after that night, we stayed up texting till I passed out on him lol. I woke up to my friend telling me that Matt( the guy who I was falling for, guilty as charged) was worried about me after I stopped responding. That did it for me right there. A complete stranger, a guy who I barely knew, was worried about me and for some reason it made me feel special.

Shortly a few days later close to like 9 days later, we met up and well here we are, 4 and a half years later<3 of course we rushed into it but once I was free from the other relationship, I just knew that he was the one for me. And now we live together(3 almost 4 years) and he still manages to make me laugh and smile to this very day(: may not be the best story like everyone else but I'm thankful for my friend who brought he and I together.

so I made this really good character right
2 minutes later I fell in love with them

dont mind me im just sitting here lowkey crying -- beautiful story Im so glad youre happy ?

Love these stories! Ive never really been in any meaningful relationships but if I do I know where to post.

dont mind me im just sitting here lowkey crying -- beautiful story Im so glad youre happy ?

Love these stories! Ive never really been in any meaningful relationships but if I do I know where to post.
When you do, you'll absolutely love it! I wish you the best of luck! =)

So cliché.

We met over Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, when I joined a guild hall. We chit-chatted, then decided to trade skype-names and started talking to each other. We've known each other for about 2 years by now, and back when we were just friends, I usually helped him and cared for him. Rough times back then. Around Dec 2016, he entered a relationship with someone and was generally feeling bad. Pretty depressed. He tried clinging to her so he is "protected" from the outside world. Was very affective towards her. But she started ignoring him which only made his mental health decline. He showed me a screenshot of him messaging her like 10 messages over the course of 3 minutes, she didn't even read them yet. So I told him "My god, stop being so annoying. I hate being spammed, maybe she is working.". He was forced to end the relationship in Jan 2017 - again, no affection, no love, no nothing. His mental health was bad back then. But we talked on a regular basis.
And on Apr. 20th, 2017 (Yes, weed day. I was wheezing. I am sure it was unintentional but it gave a me good giggle) he confessed his love to me. I already noticed something was up, because he seemed nervous when we were talking. Like...on the verge of a panic attack-nervous, ya know? Yeah, long story short he told me he loved me (over a message bc he'd totally lose his mind if he would have done it over mic), yada yada.
I am also the more dominant and leading one in this relationship. He knows I am the stronger one, so he does not square up. And he also knows his limits. And my limits. I have already told him that if he is unable to find a job, I will end the relationship. I am sorry, but I do not wish to feed two people when only one is working. I also want to get kids at one point, and that would be pretty much impossible if only one works. Sorry guys, I know my limit. I will not slow down because of him. and I would not hesistate to drop him.

What a great story! I totally understand what you mean in the end of the text. I had the same problem for a while, but then my partner found herself a good job. I had to tell her like forty times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back