• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern House of Sanity [3rd POV |OPEN]

lmh98

Masks of Life

stick1.jpg

It might look like a simple old victorian house. It might look like it's owned by a peaceful family whose blood line can be traced decades back. Apparently, the fact stayed true to this day, for its owner was a graceful and smart lady with lots of experience in her profession. Too many experiences that she decided to open the house for those asking for help.

"You will be saved, you will be cured and you will not go away from this place unless you are cured for I and my beloved employees will stay beside you until it comes true! I swear with my own life"

And thus, began the life of the owner, her employees, and her precious patients in the said house that became the 'home' for them.

For they were fated to spend their life in their so called 'home'.​

It was a really beautiful morning. In the middle of a huge garden, there stood an old victorian house and the owner was just standing there, waiting for her patients to come. The said owner had everything ready, including food supply, cook, servants, etc. Beatrix. That was her name. And that was what everyone's going to call her. Not Doctor. Not bitch. Just Beatrix. She took out a cigarette and light it then inhaled the joy of it. Providing home and treatment for those in need. To cure the mental disease. What a joke. Smirking at her own sweet lies, Beatrix looked at the sky. So blue and so pure.

She had always wondered why did God created such imperfections. Was God playing a joke? Beatrix could never get the idea of why. Humans often believed blindly and followed the blind faith. But she was different. She wouldn't give up to God. You said it's fate. Beatrix said it's foolishness. Fate be damned. God be damned. Oh, how she couldn't wait for her patients. The beloved patients

So this is the place he'll start his new life, it's not even half bad. This place that would be his new home was beautiful. Not as beautiful as him, of course. Cain ran his hand through his hair, lost in his own special world. Looking around, it seemed like he was the first to arrive. He saw a woman standing in front of the imposing victorian style house while lighting her cigarette and decided to approach her. Cain smiled, "Good morning. Are you the owner of the place, Miss Beatrix?"

He tidied his clothes, desiring to look as perfect as possible. Honestly, he didn't believe there was something wrong with him. He was forced to come here by his parents. Maybe if he left a good enough impression, the lady would explain to his parents there's nothing wrong with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbeknownst to Cain, Andres secretly followed him. He's not a stalker, but he came almost the same time as Cain and since the house seems rather suspicious to him (including the idea of someone who would be so kind to provide it, his faith in humanity is little) Andres followed Cain "just in case there are traps or anything". He had observed Cain for a bit when he first time came to the gates and concluded that he too would be one of the "patients".

The reason Andres came to the house itself is mixed; he knew that he was paranoid but doesn't want to admit it to himself, and he's also feeling rather lonely after isolating himself for a long time though he also doesn't want to admit that. On the other hand he was just fired and his former boss made it hard for him to work anywhere else, at least anywhere close to the old convenience store he used to work on. So he also came for the free food and living place.

Of course, he's being very cautious; he still has that knife concealed just in case. When he saw Cain greeting the lady, he remained concealed. He would observe Cain and the lady for a bit first. "Just in case this other visitor suddenly gets robbed or something", he thought.

Being an outcast for almost all her life had its toll on Beatrix. She became more cautious, and more observant of her surroundings with its beings. The first thing that caught her eyes after waiting for a while is her first patient to arrive. The said woman made a mental note of her first patient's behavior, "He's tidying himself. Constantly looking at me with eyes hungry of approval. Ah, this young man must be the one whose parents forc him to be here." Beatrix looked directy into the man's eyes and rang the servant bell near the door. "Good Morning. I am indeed. Welcome to my home. I hope it suits your taste, Mr...?".

As the young doctor waited for the man's name, she felt a pair of eyes watching her every moves. 'I guess, the patient's not alone.' Beatrix brushed her hair with her free hand, "why don't you introduce your friend too? There's no reason to hide."

@Verdusk @RedApple

Racheal mumbled incoherently under her breath as she walked, following the map on her hand that would lead her to her new living place. The place was unexpectedly rather far from her parents' home, she had to travel quite a distance to get there. She took in a deep breath. Truth to be told, she was feeling rather anxious since the morning. The idea of moving to a new place always made her nervous, but the prospect of meeting new people made her excited as well. Who knows? Perhaps in the new place, she would meet someone who'll give her what she needed.

Few minutes passed as she walked in silence, the headphone around her neck hanging mutely, before she finally spotted the old Victorian house a few meters ahead. Racheal smiled with glee, eager to see the house closer. She paced herself as she entered the garden. As she got near she saw a young man and a woman standing in front of the house, seemingly chatting. What got her attention though, was the other young man, who stood a distance away from the two people, hidden from their view.

'What is he doing?' she thought. A resident of the house? He looked awfully suspicious, hiding himself like that. Carefully, she approached the young man.

"Um, hello?" she said.

@Verdusk

She didn't want to go to the house. But she went anyways because people around her insisted on "how she should go" so much it annoyed her. She was fine moving anyways; she didn't have any attachment to the people nor places she used to go to. She noticed she was nearing the house and silently sighed. She could tell this was going to be just as an annoyance as everything else. As she got closer, she noticed that there was already people at the house. There was a girl and boy, seemingly hiding, and a boy and what seemed to be the caretaker of the house at the front door. She didn't care about the girl and boy hiding, but instead, she approached the woman near the door.

"Hello. I suppose you are the owner of the home. I'm Minerva." She spoke, with a hint of irritation under her voice. She most likely cut off the boy, but he seemed to caught up with his hair to supposedly care. Or that's what she guessed, anyways.

@lmh98 @RedApple

Users who are viewing this thread

Back