• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other Hosted Project

For me there is nothing showing in white text at all, so not sure what you are referring to there, any chance you could provide a screencap?

The "contains no messages" are from the last sweep and have actually been that way for some time now, I believe almost a month now? They've been empty for some time.

But yes, the sooner your revival the better.

Here you go. When I scrolled down I did notice some others were highlighted but still had their contents.Untitled.jpg

Here you go. When I scrolled down I did notice some others were highlighted but still had their contents.
Ah, that is probably due to the color-me options. The HPs with "NEW" posts have their forums in blue text vs HPs that have no content or no new posts in a long while. So, if you went to your HP and read any new messages, that identifier goes away. Try looking into another HPs thread and open the posts (all of them) and it'll go away for them as well and the text will turn white.

It's just a way to show new content has been posted. X3

My Hosted Project has all its contents move to the Archive however the Forum section is still there and it also looks as if I can post new threads in it.

Question is, if it is still present, am I allowed to post new threads? Or is it slotted to be removed from the Old HP section completely and I should not bother?

My Hosted Project has all its contents move to the Archive however the Forum section is still there and it also looks as if I can post new threads in it.

Question is, if it is still present, am I allowed to post new threads? Or is it slotted to be removed from the Old HP section completely and I should not bother?

If your threads got moved, it means your HP wasn't active. Im just delayed in clearing out the empty forum.

As long as it is still there, would I be able to just restart with a new RP?

Is it the same RP? We can always move it back.

If not, I think I'd say no, it would be unfair to everyone else who will have to reapply. We have moved threads back before deleting the forum though.

Yes, it is.

I had already made an inquiry about this matter in the Roleplay Support recently when I saw the threads were archived.

If you could that would be awesome.

It will take some time before we get to your request, some time today or tomorrow but I've mad a note not to delete your forums :)!

It will take some time before we get to your request, some time today or tomorrow but I've mad a note not to delete your forums :)!

That is super!

I did hiatused the RP because of RL reasons, but I did mention to the players I would return by July.

Hopefully I can generate some new interest and call back some old players.

Thank you sooooo much!!!

That is super!

I did hiatused the RP because of RL reasons, but I did mention to the players I would return by July.

Hopefully I can generate some new interest and call back some old players.

Thank you sooooo much!!!

So a little update on the situation. I managed to call back half of the players to return and we are sorting things out in the Interest check thread and seeing if we can get new people to join.

However, would it be appropriate to post a new IC for a new story that is set in the RP? The new IC and story take place in the same world, use the same game mechanics, world lore, history etc. It is simply set in a different continent of sorts.

Just wanted to know if I can post a new IC thread and double checking that it will not be erased during the transition of the old threads returning.

OR

Would it be better to post the IC thread in the normal Fantasy Section and then have it moved once restoration is complete?

Thank you for your consideration.

So a little update on the situation. I managed to call back half of the players to return and we are sorting things out in the Interest check thread and seeing if we can get new people to join.

However, would it be appropriate to post a new IC for a new story that is set in the RP? The new IC and story take place in the same world, use the same game mechanics, world lore, history etc. It is simply set in a different continent of sorts.

Just wanted to know if I can post a new IC thread and double checking that it will not be erased during the transition of the old threads returning.

OR

Would it be better to post the IC thread in the normal Fantasy Section and then have it moved once restoration is complete?

Thank you for your consideration.

Nothing will get erased. You can make a new IC or use an old one or make any thread you want as long as its related to the hosted project C:.

What if you already made the rp before like tons of times, but like present all the new and improved information along with the links of the old rps? Cause I'm not making this darn thing again if I'm just going to be told no. Cause the rp is to big for a thread and I don't want to waste my time.
Need is insanely relative based on the prospective.

I highly recommend that you start your RP, use as many threads as possible and link them all together and once applications open, we can take a look. Even when applications reopen, I'll most likely be vetoing HPs that aren't even existing RPs unless the user has an amazing track record of keeping RPs alive.

We've been doing HPs for nearly a decade now. There was a point in the site's history where the site was all HPs, we know what we are doing. Just that the system.....is clogged up as we work on catch up with thousands for the dark 6 months we were on IPS and we tried a glitchy addon that let people make their own HPs when they really didn't need it.

We are returning to the way where it always was a huge deal that an HP was made, these are RPs approved and given site resources to be on the front of the site by the site administration.

For those that don't get into HPs, we also have confirmed in an announcement sometime in the past that thread tabs will be returning.

What if you already made the rp before like tons of times, but like present all the new and improved information along with the links of the old rps? Cause I'm not making this darn thing again if I'm just going to be told no. Cause the rp is to big for a thread and I don't want to waste my time.
Do you mean rebooting an RP as a hosted project?

Bear in mind that we aren't creating new hosted projects yet, just converting old ones. ^ ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back