• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other Hosted Project

I might be posting this up in the wrong place, but I can't seem to find any information about how to start a hosted project......

I'm just all confused as there are only three hosted projects listed under the hosted project section.

It is currently not possible to create them. You can start a regular role play for now and possibly have it transferred later when it is again possible to make hosted projects.

I might be posting this up in the wrong place, but I can't seem to find any information about how to start a hosted project......

I'm just all confused as there are only three hosted projects listed under the hosted project section.
To restate what was already said, hosted project applications are currently closed with no ETA of when they will open. ^^

It is currently not possible to create them. You can start a regular role play for now and possibly have it transferred later when it is again possible to make hosted projects.
To restate what was already said, hosted project applications are currently closed with no ETA of when they will open. ^^
Thank you guys for your help. (^_^)

I look forward to the Hosted Projects coming back one day.

What really is a hosted project? Like what is the difference between a regular RP and a hosted project?
They are an entire separate forum that that RP is free to use. As for making them, not at this time. We still have no ETA on when applications will reopen.

so not to be rude... just noticed there's hosted projects currently being run but... I can't, myself, make hosted projects. Me and a couple friends are starting a Fallen London rp and it would be insanely helpful to have a hosted project for the organization as there's just so much information. Is there any way someone could create the hosted project for us?

I'm tagging hosting party and aiding parties: @Mr_DC 0stinato 0stinato

Judging by how the site is laid out I would assume that higher ups are allowed to create them because... well they exist currently. So just thought this would be a nice suggestion, maybe have an application project or something for it? So that everyone has an equal opportunity to participate in various hosted projects, including their own?
I would check this thread as this question has already been answered.

No no, the topic has been seen. But it still remains that there are hosted projects on the site, 3 of them if I'm correct. yet no one is allowed to make one? I'm just unsure how it's possible that these hosted projects are up and going if hosted projects "aren't possible at this time". Doesn't really make sense to me StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18
Please be aware that we are unpaid volunteers and do have a life outside the site. (I know, I know... but something's got to pay the bills!) We aren't any happier with the slowness of the pace than you are. However, handling the HPs is something only Admins can do (manually, might I add), and there's very few of us, most of whom have been dealing with real life issues of varying types over the past months. We do want to get everything settled as soon as we can, it's just taking far longer than we thought it might.

We've archived and cleaned up over six thousand HPs by the way.

The list used to be much bigger: https://www.rpnation.com/categories/old-hosted-projects.9439/

We are slowly getting there, its a slow process. on IPS, we had an addon that let people make RPs themselves. Apart from the fact that it was a terrible idea, the matter of the fact is that most RPs that are/were HPs don't need it. It is a huge waste of site resources. Most users use it for 1-4 threads tops when they can already do that and just link them together. (Roleplay Tabs are also confirmed to be returning in the future so users will need HPs even less).

Once we finish catching up with the last remaining, we will reopen applications again and those who think they need it can present their case to myself and the rest of the administration.

It is recommended that you start your RP and have something to show us as to why you need it, much easier to get accepted.

Edit: Its also a complete manual process, like the way it used to be done in the past before the 6 months we were on IPS. So it just takes a while. We have a large staff but only four us have access to the backend which is required to process a HP request. Moderators aren't given the ability to alter the site like that. So that just ends to the extra slow process.

As it's mine and DC's roleplay, I am completely fine with it remaining as it is. Yes, hosted projects would be nice, but this particular one can be left just as a vanilla thread, I think. If we do come into problems, we can find ways around them. I doubt we will encounter problems though. Thanks Harley for bringing it up, but, now I've seen the facts I don't think we need to push the point further... it's good to check after all.

But, as for how I feel about it, we don't need a hosted project at the moment and we have everything we might require sorted out for now. It's not a huge roleplay, but it is detailed. But detail is what the Extra pages are for. Thanks StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 for clearing it all up.

I've actually had some people ask me why there are hosted projects and people using them if they can't be made. I don't use them either way, but it would be nice to have an answer for this.

Probably did a bad job of wording that. XD What I mean is that I think some people are wondering what allows those to be hosted projects when others have to wait. Again, I dont use them either way. It's just something I've been asked.

Hey All,

There have been many answers on the same subject.

The reason why we have multiple HPs already existing is because the ones that are not getting archived, are slowly getting converted out of "Old HPs" to HPs. There are 3. One of them is mine which was used as the test and two belong to @DaughterofAthena, the first user to succeed in getting her HPs moved over because when we got on the list to her, they weren't dead and at the time warranted being moved over when I came across her on the list.

When I or one of the other administrators gets to you, we will evaluate your current setup in the "Old HP" category and work with you on getting it moved over and restructured (sometimes more forums, sometimes less, new permissions and abilities to moderate your rp) and more. The last is almost over, we've sent the contents of over 6k HPs to the site archive after they became inactive and are slowly slowly slowly being removed. Due to the way the system organizes it self, the inactive HPs were first, so it really feels like that we aren't reaching out, but we have as evidenced with DaughterofAthena and the people we've already reached out to.

It was just a case of several thousand rps needing to be evaluated by hand and most of them were inactive and in front of everyone else's, with the rare few who were still active within the chronological order.

TLDR: New HPs aren't currently being made until applications are open. Existing HPs were in the Old HP because their turn finally came up and they were converted over.

Fallen London rp and it would be insanely helpful to have a hosted project for the organization as there's just so much information.

Need is insanely relative based on the prospective.

I highly recommend that you start your RP, use as many threads as possible and link them all together and once applications open, we can take a look. Even when applications reopen, I'll most likely be vetoing HPs that aren't even existing RPs unless the user has an amazing track record of keeping RPs alive.

We've been doing HPs for nearly a decade now. There was a point in the site's history where the site was all HPs, we know what we are doing. Just that the system.....is clogged up as we work on catch up with thousands for the dark 6 months we were on IPS and we tried a glitchy addon that let people make their own HPs when they really didn't need it.

We are returning to the way where it always was a huge deal that an HP was made, these are RPs approved and given site resources to be on the front of the site by the site administration.

For those that don't get into HPs, we also have confirmed in an announcement sometime in the past that thread tabs will be returning.

I noticed that some HP's with no activity have been highlighted in White Text and some contain 'no messages' my HP has fallen under that category as of late, as there has been no new activity in 2 weeks.

Is there a way to undo this? I only as because new HP's are still unavailable, and since I already have the space in the old HP section, I plan to revive it in time and use it rather than going back to standard rp section.

I noticed that some HP's with no activity have been highlighted in White Text and some contain 'no messages' my HP has fallen under that category as of late, as there has been no new activity in 2 weeks.

Is there a way to undo this? I only as because new HP's are still unavailable, and since I already have the space in the old HP section, I plan to revive it in time and use it rather than going back to standard rp section.
Any HPs that show lack of activity are archived, the HP forums are supposed to be removed at that time, but it did not happen this last archive sweep. So, if you were to have things moved back into the HP forum and it isn't active, it will just be archived again. If you are only planning to "revive it in time" your request to restore it as an HP might be declined.

Any HPs that show lack of activity are archived, the HP forums are supposed to be removed at that time, but it did not happen this last archive sweep. So, if you were to have things moved back into the HP forum and it isn't active, it will just be archived again. If you are only planning to "revive it in time" your request to restore it as an HP might be declined.
I placed the HP in Hiatus and informed the players that it would return by July first.
Although there are no new posts being made, I have been modifying existing posts extensively the past 2 weeks in preparation for the revival.

Is it currently archived?
If it is archived, would I not be able to access and modify my posts any longer?
Should I back up all my data to my Workshop area before archival?
Are there any steps I can take to restore it?

I placed the HP in Hiatus and informed the players that it would return by July first.
Although there are no new posts being made, I have been modifying existing posts extensively the past 2 weeks in preparation for the revival.

Is it currently archived?
If it is archived, would I not be able to access and modify my posts any longer?
Should I back up all my data to my Workshop area before archival?
Are there any steps I can take to restore it?
It is more than likely in the archive, though because there are so many posts in the archive itself, I do not know what your threads are specifically. All inactive HP content is placed into the site archive.

In the archive, no you no longer be able to edit or post new content to the threads. They would have to be taken out of the archive first in order to restore that access.

You are always free to use your PWS for any of your content you want there. It would honestly just help you work on the content without publicly publishing it until you believe it is ready.

As far as restoration as an HP (if the HP forum still exists), you would have to submit all content for review in roleplay support. If the HP forum is gone, it will not be restored as an HP. The most that could be done at that point would be to place it into a setting forum and then waiting for applications to open.

It is more than likely in the archive, though because there are so many posts in the archive itself, I do not know what your threads are specifically. All inactive HP content is placed into the site archive.

In the archive, no you no longer be able to edit or post new content to the threads. They would have to be taken out of the archive first in order to restore that access.

You are always free to use your PWS for any of your content you want there. It would honestly just help you work on the content without publicly publishing it until you believe it is ready.

As far as restoration as an HP (if the HP forum still exists), you would have to submit all content for review in roleplay support. If the HP forum is gone, it will not be restored as an HP. The most that could be done at that point would be to place it into a setting forum and then waiting for applications to open.

Thank you very much. I understand everything but there is one exception.

I only noticed this whole change this morning while I was modifying some posts. Even right now, I am still able to modify posts and visibly see the change myself. How is that possible when I am not supposed to be able to do that when archived?

Here is the link for my HPhttps://www.rpnation.com/categories/the-principle-journey.4216/
https://www.rpnation.com/categories/the-principle-journey.4216/

Thank you very much. I understand everything but there is one exception.

I only noticed this whole change this morning while I was modifying some posts. Even right now, I am still able to modify posts and visibly see the change myself. How is that possible when I am not supposed to be able to do that when archived?

Here is the link for my HPhttps://www.rpnation.com/categories/the-principle-journey.4216/
https://www.rpnation.com/categories/the-principle-journey.4216/
That's because that is not archived. Basically, your HP has not been archived in the archive sweep, so why did you think it was archived? O_o;

This is the archive: https://www.rpnation.com/forums/site-archive.55/

That's because that is not archived. Basically, your HP has not been archived in the archive sweep, so why did you think it was archived? O_o;

This is the archive: https://www.rpnation.com/forums/site-archive.55/

I thought it was in the process of being archived.
After the first sweep of inactive HP's from the Site Reverting in early spring I thought mine was in the clear.
Then this morning I noticed my HP's title was highlighted in White Text, I noticed that other were as well and that they showed 'Contains no messages' which was my impression that they were being moved to the archive. Naturally I began to think mine was also undergoing that process. I wanted to make sure which is why I posted my inquiry here. But as it is not the case, I can at least be thankful and perhaps not postpone the revival any longer than it needs to be before it really is archived, like for real.

Thank you

I thought it was in the process of being archived.
After the first sweep of inactive HP's from the Site Reverting in early spring I thought mine was in the clear.
Then this morning I noticed my HP's title was highlighted in White Text, I noticed that other were as well and that they showed 'Contains no messages' which was my impression that they were being moved to the archive. Naturally I began to think mine was also undergoing that process. I wanted to make sure which is why I posted my inquiry here. But as it is not the case, I can at least be thankful and perhaps not postpone the revival any longer than it needs to be before it really is archived, like for real.

Thank you
For me there is nothing showing in white text at all, so not sure what you are referring to there, any chance you could provide a screencap?

The "contains no messages" are from the last sweep and have actually been that way for some time now, I believe almost a month now? They've been empty for some time.

But yes, the sooner your revival the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back