• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Hosted Project Tutorial?

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream
I am considering making a Hosted Project but the one problem I am seeing that is holding me back is the lack of participation within them, and I think this is somewhat due to many members simply not knowing how they work! I am aware there is a brief explanation made by the staff though it is hard to read and just really lists the requirements and not much else so I was wondering, for the benefit of all HP owners and other members aside from myself, would someone be willing to make a general tutorial explaining how they work and that they aren't as intimidating as some like to believe? I hope I didn't sound selfish in any way because I am a bit confused myself... ^^

StoneWolf18 said:
I am considering making a Hosted Project but the one problem I am seeing that is holding me back is the lack of participation within them, and I think this is somewhat due to many members simply not knowing how they work! I am aware there is a brief explanation made by the staff though it is hard to read and just really lists the requirements and not much else so I was wondering, for the benefit of all HP owners and other members aside from myself, would someone be willing to make a general tutorial explaining how they work and that they aren't as intimidating as some like to believe? I hope I didn't sound selfish in any way because I am a bit confused myself... ^^
As a person who runs two HPs, I can tell you that they all work very differently from each other depending on the style of the GM so an overarching tutorial that explains all of them likely would not work.

I personally tend to include a 'how to rp here' type page within each of my HPs.

Edit: I would also be willing to take the time to make formal tutorials on how my HPs tend to work but even briefly looking over the others, I can say for certain that some work differently in some ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Hosted Project is essentially a forum. If you can use RPN, chances are you know how a forum works. (^.^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back