• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern {Hosted Project IC} The Seacat's Gameboard ~ Independent Murder Mystery Roleplays

AkioTheHero

The Twenty-Fifth Roleplayer
Inspired by the murder mystery roleplay format used by "Seacats" [seacats.net], The Seacat's Gameboard intends to allow members to host their own "Gameboards", murder mystery "roleplays" of sorts, independent of a GM, giving players the opportunity to host their own games for others to solve.

"Gameboards", as defined by the Seacats website, are categorized as follows:

-Classic

As the name suggests this is similar to classic mystery novels. The Game Master outlines their own mystery, details it, and then posts for players to post theories and solve. This involves the players asking questions of the Game Master which they are obligated to, within reason, answer, giving opportunities for the Game Master to further befuddle players with tricky but truthful wording.

-Closed Room Blitz

Two players detail a "closed room" and each takes turns attempting to solve the opponent’s before the other does so to their own. Questions are asked and must be answered within reason, much like in Classic, in turns.

-Role Playing

A traditional roleplay wherein the GM outlines a scenario as it is happening -- the players are apart of the scenario. Questions may not be asked, as the players use characters present in the scenario, and investigations play out much more like that of crime novels.

this seems cool I saw what PortugalTM PortugalTM posted here and might want to join but am on the fence

Absolutely understandable. This was inspired by the Seacats' Gameboard format of roleplay. In case you were hoping to look more into it, information and examples can be seen on the site, here: http://seacats.net/

In case you want to see examples of each individual version of said format, you merely have to go to the Gameboard Guidelines via the /Gameboard/ link on the left side of the screen.

Iunno. O.O gameboard? I'm not familiar with such role play...but, if I won't say I'm not curious to see what it looks like >.>

Iunno. O.O gameboard? I'm not familiar with such role play...but, if I won't say I'm not curious to see what it looks like >.>
As with retsaMretsalBretsaG, if you're interested you may check the seacats.net website and find proper examples through the Gameboard Guidelines, which can be see by clicking the /gameboards/ link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back