horror rpgs

yuckeroni

Gladiatrix
horror rpgs like Ib, Mad Father, Misao, Paranoiac, Ao Oni, The Crooked Man, and all the others.

what about them interests you? and what would you like to see in one?

i'm currently developing an rpg and i wanted some input to see if i should change anything or add something into the game.

Honestly, all you need is an engaging storyline and good gameplay. Ib, Mad Father and, another one of my favourites, Forest of Drizzling Rain, weren't exactly scary in the traditional sense. Sure, they feature dark imagery, but it didn't really go beyond that. Ao Oni was shitpant scary, but didn't really feature a storyline; instead, it used engaging puzzles and spawned monster to keep the gamer at their toes. A game that combines everything more or less perfectly would be Witch's House, so I definitely recommend you check that out.

Khadame said:
Honestly, all you need is an engaging storyline and good gameplay. Ib, Mad Father and, another one of my favourites, Forest of Drizzling Rain, weren't exactly scary in the traditional sense. Sure, they feature dark imagery, but it didn't really go beyond that. Ao Oni was shitpant scary, but didn't really feature a storyline; instead, it used engaging puzzles and spawned monster to keep the gamer at their toes. A game that combines everything more or less perfectly would be Witch's House, so I definitely recommend you check that out.
yeah i've played with all of those, so i understand what you mean. ty so much ^^

UpsidedownRabbit said:
Original story lines and scares that weren't just their for the sake of having a scare.
yeah those types of scares i don't really agree with. but sometimes they're a bit fun! thank you ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back