• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Homestuck - [ALTERATA]

Elision of Ecritures Elision of Ecritures
AT: Told you would like it. :)
AT: Now, nothing really seems to be the point of this game, so I'm gonna go and explore the machines a bit, before anything else happens.
AT: Watch my back, buddy ol' pal ;)

Adam: Investigate Machines
You captchalogue your sword in your PAGE OF SWORDS card, and exit your room, and-
What the shit is this in your hallway.
You looked left, and were about to head downstairs, to find some weird sewing-machine-like contraption that you put in Remis living room. Luckily, its not blocking the elevator completely, and if you sidle against the wall, it allows you to enter the mobile chamber. You know you heard a large CLUNK downstairs, hopefully nothing got harmed (especially Akumu Menyu).

Adam: Descend
As you descend, you think about the game. How is it possible? Its somehow imprinted onto real life, something you'd never thought possible. Oh, your there. You exit the ELEVATOR, and run quickly into the MAIN HALL, to see that tube thing you placed earlier, the CRUXTRUDER, you think it was called. If your memory serves you correctly, this thing was almost impossible to one from the SERVER end.

Adam: Get Idea...
Hmm....
This may be stupid, but you take out the PAGE OF SWORDS card, and appearify your KENDO SWORD. Backing up, you dramatically swing it like a SAMURAI, and the end of the stick hits the top end of the tube. Hopefully this works, or you just look like an idiot to a somewhat cool kid.

Eidolon Astronaut Eidolon Astronaut Noivian Noivian Kimona Kimona

Great, now you just look like an idiot. Maybe its like a push mechanism, or something, and It needs enough weight. You decide to throw something at the tube out of anger and spite of your ealier decision. You take out the KNIGHT OF SWORDS card, and toss the evil and dastardly handsome face of Mr. Holmes at the the thing, hopefully to knock it off the bae. Maybe then it'll reveal its secrets to you.

Eidolon Astronaut Eidolon Astronaut Elision of Ecritures Elision of Ecritures Noivian Noivian Kimona Kimona

==>Remi: Fuck...

You wake up, head pounding, eyes groggy. How the fuck did you get put to sleep? Well, whatever. You press enter on your keyboard and send a bunch of gibberish keyboard drool to whoever you were talking to last. The unfortunate victim seems to be Adam, this time.
Squad141 Squad141
TT: uihjzksgnhjfkghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
TT: shit sorry i fell asleep
TT: where were we?
TT: what the hell is this thing in my room

==>Remi: Investigate.

Pushing back, you move to the new device, and turn the wheel. When it doesn't budge, you look instead to the supposedly heavy lid. You figure there's no way a thirteen year old kid could move something that was as heavy as the resistance on the wheel felt. So, time to use your newfound resources.
Squad141 Squad141
TT: can you like
TT: help me
TT: for once
TT: move this thing? or remove the lid from your end?

TT: its too heavy for me

As you finish your stone-throwing shenanigans, you hear the grandfather clock BONG upstairs, and get a notification from your phone, which was in your ACE OF WANDS, surprisngly. You answer your bud, sad you can't help him.
Noivian Noivian
AT: Yeah, sorry man, but I'm currently trying to open mine too.
AT: Ruby finally came online and placed all the contraptions in my house.
AT: I'm just chucking stuff at it, heavy stuff, to see if it works. If your still having problems when I get there, I'll help out
AT: Just try your best!

Eidolon Astronaut Eidolon Astronaut Elision of Ecritures Elision of Ecritures Kimona Kimona

Squad141 Squad141

The Cruxtruder opens, revealing a small yellowish dowel of CRUXITE, and the small display at the bottom lights up, though it's output is rather strange. "04:04" The timer doesn't tick down at all.
These are the only things that happen.

That whole process would have been a lot easier if you had say, your server drop something heavy on it.

==> Fall down stair like the dumbass you are.

Shockingly after falling down all those stairs, you came out- just fine? Ha. But be freaking christmas, because goddamn with you 2 medical conditions, that probably should have killed you. Ah, wait, shit, focus on the mission.

==> Retrieve Doc. Lemonspike.

Retrieval complete. You pick up the squishy little guy, and decide that, for good measure, you captalouge him. The stuffed animal disappears into you OPERATION MODUS. From there you pick up your pole and-

==> What was that sound?

Movement. Crap. His mom wad coming to check on you. You scramble away and hide behind the couch, coincidentally right around the spot where she ends up piling a lot of her homemade stuffed animals. Frogs, Cats, Snakes, Dinobros, Tentacle-fish... - Wait, focus.

Eidolon Astronaut Eidolon Astronaut

Kimona Kimona

Your hard focus is broken by MADAM HISSMAS, a soft plush in the pile.
Her snakey charms are just so... alluring.

You are snapped out of your thoughts by the sound of your MOTHER heading upstairs.

Where's she going?

==>Remi: Contemplate your clock.

Your clock, which you got for free from an old lady having a yard sale, sits firmly in the center of your SHRINE TO TIME DEITIES, located on top of your dresser. The lady claimed to be a member of the Wicca community, and you offered to pay for it, but she insisted on you having it for free. She spoke of some ancient aura that surrounded it, drawing the clock and you together.

Sure.

You bet she was just begging to get it off her hands. You're not sure why, though. It's a nice little clock, something of a grandfather design but small enough to fit on a shelf. It's got red, green, purple, and orange colors on it, but purple is the most prominent color. Your Tio said that the clock puts off an uncanny, almost malevolent aura, and were it not for all the strategic charms and shielding spells you cast on this baby, he would have had you throw it away. You bet he just doesn't like it because of the odd chime it makes on the hour.

Your head hurts.

==>Remi: Take some fucking aspirin you dumbass.

Shut up. You're too loud.

Pulling out a bottle of migraine relief pills, you pop two in, dry. Setting out an arrangement of items in a circle, you start an evocation of healing spell, idly keeping an eye on your computer screen. So your friends are being useless, as per usual.

==>Remi: Now do the thing with the lid.

Finishing the spell, you set your things away and stand, marching over to the large structure that taunts you from near your door.

Scaling the sides looks difficult, but somehow you make it work and attempt to pry the lid off with your bare hands. When that doesn't work, you decide to instead try and use something as leverage to pop it off. Something like a crowbar would work wonders right about now... or any long, flat tool that you could wedge under the lid in a similar way. The only things that come to mind are your plastic scythe, which is made of plastic and won't do shit against this metal.

You think the closest thing to a crowbar would be the pointy part of a hammer used to get the nails out of walls. The angle and leverage should be similar, at the very least. Too bad you don't have hammerkind as a specibus. You don't even have knifekind, but that would be another thing you could try without searching the house...

Perhaps waiting on your friends is the best option.

Whats this? After throwing MR. HOLMES at the tube thing in anger (which you then immediately captchalogue), you somehow activate the machine. The top pops off, and a little yellow cylinder appears. You turn the wheel, and it comes out quickly, so you catch it in your ACE OF PENTACLES card, and see it is apparently called a Cruxite Dowel. Huh. It looks like it'll fit in that machine half-blocking the elevator. But before you remember that Remi needs your hep, so you quickly ASCEND the house, and get back to your room, and back onto your SERVER.

There aren't many HEAVY OBJECTS in Remis room, so you go for the big obvious: His bed. You pick it up, and drop on the lid, catching it as its bouncing back at Remi. Hopefully this works.
Eidolon Astronaut Eidolon Astronaut Noivian Noivian Elision of Ecritures Elision of Ecritures

==> Resist Madam's Alluring Charms

Ah! but that sweet curvature of her face, the gentle coloration of her tongue......

Focussssssssssssssssssssssssssss

==> What's she doing?

It looks like... your mother is heading upstairs? What's that about??? Wait. Maybe she's going up there to check on you? That's not good, but regardless, this is your best chance to get the mail!!

==> Make a run for it

You get up and make a jog for the door, as it's unsafe for you to run. If you ran, you could just drop dead after all!

Eidolon Astronaut Eidolon Astronaut

TT: pfft, you go ahead Jackie Chan
TT: mildly racist? maybe
TT: dude, you can't lift that
TT: ah, so your solid solution is to whack it with a stick
TT: you know, I would help you, if this wasn't so funny

You watch Adam as he meanders about his house and you look to see the process of getting the Cruxite Dowel from the monitor. You figure his hands will be full as he figures the rest out, but now that you know where to start, you'll leave him to his devices, looks like editing his house would, as fun as it would be, pointless right now. You do build him a ladder, costly as it is, to the roof and message him about it.

Squad141 Squad141
Kimona Kimona

You figure Remis just as busy, so you notify the next best option.
-- temperateAnomaly [TA] began pestering aeipathicAsylum [AA] --
TA: ey
TA: so everyone's going insane
TA: and strangely enough
TA: you are the most reliable and stable friend i have right now

TA: I need you to connect with me when you get your server disc

Noivian Noivian - Squad141 Squad141

The bed drops and cracks open the CRUXTRUDER, revealing a sleek blue dowel of CRUXITE, with a timer reading 04:04.

-

Kimona Kimona

You exit the door.

The Mailbox's arm flappy-dealie-thing is lowered, the mail has already been pilfered.​

==>Remi: Take the CRUXITE.

You take and captchalogue the CRUXITE DOWEL, and take a moment to look at the timer. 404... time not found? Funny... you suppose. Frowning, you leave the oddly unnerving timer and move back to your desk to pick up the punched card. Time to find the rest of the machines.

Stepping out into the living room again, you take a look at your surroundings. There's what looks like a lathe in front of the front door, keeping you from leaving. What else is there?

At the end of the hall, just past Tio's room and the bathroom, is a large device with an arm and two platforms. Considering you know what a lathe is, and that platform is roughly the size of a dowel, you attempt to make a logical conclusion. Carve the dowel, put it on the small platform. You proceed to take the dowel to the lathe, and it's only when you arrive that you realize you need to play an instrument to get it out of your sylladex. The nearest instrument is the fake carillon in your room.

Dammit! How are you supposed to make this work? Carry the damn dowel in your arms? That's not how things happen here! Stupid, stupid Adam! Why couldn't he put the lathe closer to an instrument?!

With a glare in a random direction, you return to your bedroom and message your bud.
TT: he adam
TT: you messed up
TT: how the heck am i supposed to get the dowel out of my sylladex and take it all the way over there?
TT: ya gotta carry it for me man

==>Remi: Play a haunting refrain.

Taking a moment to plug in your carillon to your customized carillon-amp, you begin to play the levers of the fake carillon, the soft chime of bells echoing around the room. The melody is something you're coming up with off the top of your head, and if anyone knew the code for your sylladex, would understand that the pitch of the notes being played matches with the letters that make up the words CRUXITE DOWEL, as you attempt to retrieve the item.

Squad141 Squad141 Eidolon Astronaut Eidolon Astronaut

==>Remi: Attempt to solve this problem yourself.

You look at the dowel, where it now lays on your floor. You wonder if you can just...

Tapping the item with your foot, you attempt to play soccer with the cylinder and kick it towards the lathe.

Perhaps you're being over dramatic about it. But in your defense, your modus is too inconvenient to take the risk of picking it up.

A few knocked over chairs and broken picture frames later, you manage to get the dowel to the lathe. Now the hard part.

Swiftly as you can, you pick up the dowel and stick it on the lathe.

Noivian Noivian

You get the CRUXITE TOTEM from the lathe.
To speed things up, you also take it to the ALCHEMITER.

A CRUXITE ARTIFACT of the same blue hue appears on the large platform of the machine.
It is a large and imposing GRANDFATHER CLOCK.

==>Remi: ...????

What do you do now? There's a clock. You assume there must be something done to the clock in order to... do what, exactly? What's the point of this clock? Then it strikes you - your own clock! You rush back to your room and grab the hand-held clock from your altar, ignoring the bad vibes the thing puts off once you remove it from its surrounding nest of crystals.

Returning to the larger clock, you first memorize the time on the blue one, and then reset the time on the blue clock to match the evil clock in your hand. If that doesn't work, your next guess would be to set the blue clock to the time "4:04".

If all else fails, you suppose you could kick it over in frustration.

Noivian Noivian

Predictably, your clock escapades prove useless.

In frustration you push the imposing timepiece over, it breaks against the Alchemiter.

==> Remi: Enter.

[TT] < AT < TA

You and your house have been spirited away, though you don't exactly know that for a fact yet.

The windows go dark, you wonder what could be outside?

Adam: Continue your journey

You decide that Remi can handle it from here, and you continue your journey. You exit your bedroom, and return to the hallway and that strange thing called the, "Totem Lathe". You see what looks like a needle on the end, and take out the DOWEL from your ACE OF PENTACLES, placing it on the little platform. As you'd do this, you notice the card underneath your foot. It seems to be the PRE-PUNCHED CARD that all SERVERS are given for free. You pick it up, and insert it into the machine after picking up the card.

As REMI is taken from reality, you are simply unknowing, as you take the carved the TOTEM, and answer unsuspectingly your CLIENT player.
AT: What?
AT: OH, you mean that dumb modus you keep around
AT: Seriously, it's very inconvenient. You should get rid of it.
AT: I can't move it right now, I'm a bit busy, but I hope your quest to figure out what we're doing is going well

You reach the ALCHEMITER on the roof, and give the machine the TOTEM. And wait.
Eidolon Astronaut Eidolon Astronaut Elision of Ecritures Elision of Ecritures Noivian Noivian

==>Remi: To the window!

You rush to the nearest window, back in your room, and set your clock back down in its spot. Why is it dark suddenly? Wasn’t it just mid-afternoon in April??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back