• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Hole

Prior tenants dark secret?

• Cannibals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Satanists

• Other- Please post suggestions!

• Total voters

Raerae

Gone.

white_candles__left__by_angelichellraiser-d6ezhtu.gif
white_candles__right__by_angelichellraiser-d6ezigx.gif
div2_by_souldrive.png

tumblr_ncc8c8bFB11qlny4mo7_r1_500.gif

f7f253928bbf78fe55cdf4516856d7bf.jpg

Call me
Rae(:

This will be
detailed/advanced, I expect at least one post a day, though more would be lovely. This will not be first come first serve, and I'll not reserve any spots. I'll alert everyone of a deadline for submission if this takes off, and I do require sheets, the more detailed and organized, the better. This will be a relatively small group, as the more people you rely on, the faster threads die. I will be elaborating on roles/slots in the future thread. If you don't get accepted, know it's nothing personal, I have to choose what's best for this story<3

Do let me know if you've any suggestions, interest or inquiries that'd further help me elaborate on what's stated below. However, I've much more to add to the story, just waiting to see if anyone's interested and then I'll create and detail the thread. I would like to incorporate romance, but this is more about thrills and tactful suspense, think... Indie horror. I'm currently debating on the former tenants darker truths, as well, of which will be revealed either upon your requests or when that moment arrives in the story.

Although the number of friends (7 including Rae), as well as the brother and possibly surviving sister, and possibly interference/opposition from prior tenants, will all be open slots and integrated fairly, should there be a lot of interest and acceptable sheets I'll bring in additional spots. (:

div2_by_souldrive.png

no slide
no slide
Setting
This story will be taking place on the outskirts of
Lewiston, Maine. It is Autumn, which means warm colors, chilly air and rainy days. Our characters will be attending Maine University, and can have any (reasonable) job you'd like, though that won't be the focus, unless there's a bit of disturbance where they work.

Auburn_%28and_Lewiston%29%2C_Maine.jpg
Summary
tumblr_m5sueigVKj1r4pk8t.gif

Upon the suggestion of their seventh member and social butterfly
Rae, six close knit college students agree to be roommates, and rent out an old house just outside of Lewiston, Maine. It's affordable, though due to the nearing start of the semester, and all of their unique financial struggles, these young individuals neglected to inquire why such a beautiful, spacious estate was such a steal. Upon moving in, they're immediate witnesses to what paranormal experts call a series of "residual hauntings".

They make note of the terrible stench emanating from the garage, it's almost unbearable and seems to become more potent with each passing day. There's a spontaneous, fearful banging inside the closet at the end of the hallway, though there's no source. Then the cliches fall in, their personal belongings turn up missing or in odd places, electronics (including vehicles) go haywire, some feel watched or undergo turbulence, nightmares, even acquiring scratches or enduring burning sensations. Finally, they're approached by a young man who claims his sister went missing, and he blames the landlords and former tenants for her mysterious disappearance.

Her missing persons case was closed suspiciously soon, with absolutely no evidence to her vanishing, though the brother swears she'd attended a party the former tenants hosted, and then he never heard from her again. He's never been allowed on the property, has been arrested twice for trespassing and alleged harassment, and has been attending therapy though there's been no break through amidst his insisting he knows the truth behind his sister's disappearance.

After his appearance, the spirits are really stirred up and agitated, and begin to further haunt and, eventually, reveal their unique torments and deaths in fragments to the students, through dreams, inadvertent luring, and traumatic visions.
3-dead-mans-hole.jpg
The few neighbors that boldly enlightened the students during minor investigations, claim to have seen the prior tenants (who were supposedly evicted), and landlords, coming in and out of a path to the underground, sometimes with oversized great danes at their side, but these individuals were either too busy, or fearful, to say anything.

Then, one (or two) of the students go missing. They curiously wander into the hole, with every intention of turning back, but end up becoming lost/stuck down there for multiple reasons, the main one being it's a bit of a maze down there. The others contact the brother after devoted, aimless searching, wondering if there's any correlation between his sister and their friends disappearance. Bravely, teamed up with the brother, the students discover and enter the below ground area. Imersed in darkness, with nothing but their cell phones or flash lights to guide them. Ahead of them, a carved out tunnel shrouded in darkness reaches farther back into what's seemingly a cavern or hidden passageway, and what they're lead to may be the last thing they ever see, for the precious tenants were far more than hardcore partyers.
giphy.gif

Almost entirely based off of a true story.

@Annabella @Asylumnated @AlwaysYours @KaoriMei @DisneyGirl @Lady Odyssey @Effervescent @WednesdayEvening @Darkiplier @Akeira @MidnightSoul I don't know if any of you busy bodies would be interested, just a thought cause I like ya! Anyone I didn't tag- I'm so sorry, it's 4 AM, man.

Last edited by a moderator:
I attempted to read this and concluded that with the font, and the size of the font, that there wasn't enough patience in the world for that. It's very hard to read.

Just a thought as to why you aren't getting any bites.

I am impressed.... I it pretty.... But at least make the font bigger.

TheoremAlpha said:
I attempted to read this and concluded that with the font, and the size of the font, that there wasn't enough patience in the world for that. It's very hard to read.
Just a thought as to why you aren't getting any bites.

I am impressed.... I it pretty.... But at least make the font bigger.
I appreciate the suggestion, I'll change it up. Thank you(:

Raerae said:
I appreciate the suggestion, I'll change it up. Thank you(:
I feel I must apologize now since you said something so nice to me on the other forum and I came off as rude. Sorry about that xD

TheoremAlpha said:
I feel I must apologize now since you said something so nice to me on the other forum and I came off as rude. Sorry about that xD
Oh, don't worry, I appreciate the honesty, criticism and kindness can be separately given regardless of circumstances! I think I'd grown so accustomed to the font, I'd forgotten to consider how others may see it, is it any better now?

Raerae said:
Oh, don't worry, I appreciate the honesty, criticism and kindness can be separately given regardless of circumstances! I think I'd grown so accustomed to the font, I'd forgotten to consider how others may see it, is it any better now?
A tad, though to someone like me who has sub-par vision, scripty fonts make me grumpy xD .

I sound like an old man.

At any rate, it isn't so much the font as the size.

Though on that note, what exactly was the RP about?

TheoremAlpha said:
A tad, though to someone like me who has sub-par vision, scripty fonts make me grumpy xD .
I sound like an old man.

Well, I'll play around with the coloring, I'm sure you're not the only one who feels that way. Scripty fonts were my savior, I dislike default fonts.

I can PM you the premise, if you'd like? Perhaps you could give me a little input plot wise, as well.

TheoremAlpha said:
I sound like an old man.

You should definitely zoom it in, would be a waste if this doesn't get enough interest and gets canceled. It's really good! Such thought poured into it :)

Good idea.

Count me in.

I am remarkably bad at giving feedback to other people as far as basic story is concerned, as that is mostly objective and a preference thing.

Because if you ask me how to make it more interesting, I'll give you an entirely objective answer that doesn't relate to anything at all like:

"Well this plot is all great and stuff, but what if it was instead a dorm getting built on top of some ancient burial ground?" xD

But it is very detailed and well thought out, and I'd be more than happy to keep up with something like this.

RoleplayChiQ said:
You should definitely zoom it in, would be a waste if this doesn't get enough interest and gets canceled. It's really good! Such thought poured into it :)
Appreciate the advice! I'll edit it right now, guys(:

TheoremAlpha said:
Good idea.
Count me in.

I am remarkably bad at giving feedback to other people as far as basic story is concerned, as that is mostly objective and a preference thing.

Because if you ask me how to make it more interesting, I'll give you an entirely objective answer that doesn't relate to anything at all like:

"Well this plot is all great and stuff, but what if it was instead a dorm getting built on top of some ancient burial ground?" xD

But it is very detailed and well thought out, and I'd be more than happy to keep up with something like this.
So you were able to read it? I still don't mind PMing you the unedited version. But thank you! I appreciate both of your inputs.

Meh, I actually just got off my lazy behind and found my glasses.

Theo....

Huh. I could get used to that nickname.

Good plot though!

It's rare that I see a good supernatural RP.

Thank you! It's based off something that happened to my mom a long time ago, and I thought it'd be an amazing original plot, of course I had to exaggerate this and that, though.

Well, I'm stoked you guys may be on board. I'll need a handful of people to join up, though, so I'll tag you if it works out(:

I also edited the coloring, and font size. Hope it helps.

Raerae said:
Thank you! It's based off something that happened to my mom a long time ago, and I thought it'd be an amazing original plot, of course I had to exaggerate this and that, though.
Well, I'm stoked you guys may be on board. I'll need a handful of people to join up, though, so I'll tag you if it works out(:

I also edited the coloring, and font size. Hope it helps.
It actually did help quite a lot.

And I find that real life is the best inspiration.

Live an active life, find yourself with stories.

Verrryyyy interested! I always love twisted/horror roleplays even though the ones I participate in never make it far, but I believe this one will!

I would love to make suggestions and maybe even help out with the start of the roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back