• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hogwarts & The Cult of the Whispering Echo [Private]

JaxbyDaniels

Royal Fool
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Blast it.

He was running late, later than a rabbit in Wonderland.

Blast it, blast it, blast it!

Well, not late, he just was on the wrong end of the school and if he didn’t run fast enough he would be late. He’d been there three years and now on his fourth and he still got lost all the time. Azzy knew the grounds of the school far better than the inner workings, he liked to spend his free time searching around the grounds for smaller beasts and animals that might be wandering about. Azzy wasn’t even sure how he’d gotten lost, they’d all gotten off the train in a group, he had just had his head so far up in the clouds and so deep in his guidebook for Magical Creatures that he had somehow slipped away from the crowd and into the wrong wing of the school.

Blast it all to Hell! I do this every year! And I bet nobody even notices I’m missing.

It was honestly frustrating, how did he get so far away? Was anyone looking for him? Why didn’t a student snap him out of his trance? He couldn’t help being so invested, really it was the Fwooper’s fault, that’s what he’d been reading about, he had been lost in thought, wondering if he’d be able to take good care of one, of course he also worried he’d forget to get the silencing charm redone monthly and that would be catastrophic.

Blast my short legs!

Thank god, the moving staircases had luckily been very agreeable with him on this specific day, which wasn’t always the case, he was often late to his classes, not by much, but just enough where it was noticeable that he was the last one to enter the class and take a seat. It was honestly embarrassing and today would be just like all those other days if he didn't hurry up. Thankfully however, he was able to make it to the right side of the school at least, he could see the crowd of students moving like a herd of Erumpents.

Finally, some good luck--

"Well, well, well, if it isn't little Ass-y Dumbvers."

"Heh, yea, you're dumb and also an ass."

The two voices that attempted to pierce Azzy with their insults were not welcomed right now, but they were familiar. Bugarth Brindlebean and his less than intelligent lackey; Ibnor Doogleton

"Look guys, it hasn't been a great day and I've already seen you guys once today on a billboard for the circus so I need to be on my wuHEY!"

The bigger of two Slytherins, Bugarth, grabbed Azzy by the collar and lifted him up, pinning him against a wall. "Okay guys, I get it, just cuz there's nothing in your heads doesn't mean there's nothing in your arms, you've got muscle, now can we just forget this and all get alo--"

Ibnor punched Azzy right in the stomach, he would've vomited had he actually eaten that morning, his mom had even made him his favorite meal: Pancakes in the shape of a dragon, but he was so nervous for another terrible year at school that he'd had no appetite, of course now he was eating knuckle sandwiches which were far too bitter for his tastes. A couple tears rolled down Azzy's eye. He sniffled, "Heh is that all you.." He coughed, a bit of blood spewing out. "Got?"

The crowd of students had all but vanished and it was just Azzy and the two brutes now. Despite Azzy's positive attitude in this situation, he was anything but optimistic that anyone would be coming to rescue him.

"Can't we just pencil this in for another time, guys? I got places to be."

"Like nerd hell?"

"Nice one, Ibnor!"

Azzy struggled a bit and was able to break free as the two lugs were laughing at their not-so-funny joke, however as he slipped away, his precious Beastiary fell out of his pocket and onto the floor. He turned around and went back for it but Bugarth had picked up the book and was holding it up high, something that proved challenging for one such as Azzy with his restricted height.

Ibnor sucker punched Azzy and he fell to the ground, the two began to rummage through the book. "Guys, please, don't do this."

"Shut the hell up, Gryffindork, this is ours now."

"No, no please, I'll do anything! That's one of a kind! It was signed by my favorite Magizoologist, please give it back."

"What did you say? I couldn't hear you over the sound of me ripping out these pages." Bugarth delivered, he ripped out page after page after page while Azzy tried to get up, but every time Ibnor kicked him in the stomach, keeping him winded and on the ground.

"Ah, here's a good page, is this that signature? Well, why don't we just take it out for a nice walk, this page is all stuffed up inside this stupid little book."

"HEEEEEELP!! SOMEBODY HELP! PLEASE! PLEASE STOP!!" Azzy cried out, tears streaming down his face, hoping that someone, anyone, would hear his cries.

Zadoc Marshfellow
88AB1F54-AAB4-4C0B-B785-FE44E0A18E42.jpeg

It hadn’t seemed all too long ago that he was wandering along the bay of north Berwick, seeking in thought ways to earn a little money to get him by and avoid trouble this time. He did intend to pay for the apple after all, he was no true thief, just… well… perhaps not the best time to be lingering about the shop stand with those lads making a menace of themselves and sadly of similar age to him. The more time had passed since he last saw any of his family the more his luck seemed to turn for the worse and that was merely a sign of the times he faced now days it would seem. Though Hogwarts…

Yes, hogwarts and the new school year was around the corner and surely that meant some luck might change for the better, right? Tossing and turning about his pockets, fiddling about not because of nerves exactly but because he often dreaded large crowds and the first night back always meant being stuck within a large, pushy, chattering lot of fellow students who never seemed to understand boundaries and personal space while trying to force themselves forward slowly without much care for the heels and bodies of those in front of them. Forward push, side to side and back again…. Oh a dance he never enjoyed. If anything, it made him almost sick with claustrophobia and playing at his nerves and patience for such things….

But here he was stuck in the middle no less amidst the sea of robes adorning a variety of colors matching respective houses and crests. The poor fellows shoulders crunched inward, frame becoming ever more hunched as the mini steps and attempted hurry of motions continued on, while his hands played about in his pockets aiming to calm himself by finger hunting for things he knew weren’t truly there. A mental practice incorporating his hands and pockets that was failing miserably the more time had passed when a thought crossed his mind….

Hey, that might actually work!

Thinking he solved his current situations problem albeit at the cost of some back soreness later. The fourth year Slytherin continued to allow his body to hunch forward and lower, slowly contorting his body in such a way and feet to move backwards that he began to slip beneath others if forcefully so perhaps, one section after another starting to get ahead of him, more and more feet passing his lowered gaze until finally he was free and he could stretch out in relief with a small smile and sigh. Glad to finally get some relief after what felt like a eternity of bent back and slapped heads from other students elbows.

Ha! No more sea of irritation and squishy… ness?!

Zadoc kept saying in thought, starting to question if squishyness was even a word though? Ultimately, he didn’t really care, he was now free and could see everyone or most atleast outside of a few stragglers were now ahead of him. Goal accomplished! While his condition made things difficult no matter where he was in the world there was something about Hogwarts that made it feel a bit easier on him. Perhaps because of the fact there were far less muggles around? Maybe it was simply because he had more freedom to use his magic should he need to or feel the urge? Could have been in any number of things and quite a few that haven’t even crossed his mind yet. But life since his mother disappeared into hiding with the rest of the Marshfellow’s for reasons that still eluded him. Was it due to fear of his condition and may happen? After all, he had been trying his best to contain it and do his best to isolate himself whenever such times occurred. Losing what family you have left made difficult for anyone, though he’d not say anything it had been quite hard on Zadoc as much as he try to deny it. Ultimately he was a survivor in his own right and that’s all there was to it, all he could do was live as only he could now.

Standing idle about the halls now free from his burden of squishy-ness. Surveying and marveling at the old castle in all its glory with his pale blue eyes gazing up and around the place. Eyes that began to notice a new burden… it would involve his house wouldn’t it? Bugarth and Ibnor no less. Truthfully he struggled to recognize the Gryffindor they were terrorizing now amidst it all, although that wasn’t his first concern at the moment. His mind actively pondering everything he could based off what his eyes were witnessing here and now. None of the outcomes seemed good. Ibnor and Bugarth were not exactly your most reasonable and intelligent lads after all and Zadoc had a feeling this would be a challenge for certain.

The story of a decent enough Slytherin trying to avoid more trouble and cause less harm then he has already or possibly had? Memory of those times were sometimes difficult to recall clearly if at all. Taking in the atmosphere around him one last time and sighing heavily as he heard the pleas for help grace his ears louder then they truly were to his chattering sea recovering ears. Zadoc slowly approached the trio eyes closed, steps slow but intentional giving off just he right aura of cool and calm, collected as could be. In part to buy himself time with his words and plan of action that he was throwing together on the spot, hoping the sounds of his footsteps clacking against the stone floors were enough to garner attention.

Costing our house even more points with your risky behavior huh, fellas? I would have thought even with your brain cells a bit of common sense between the two of you.”

Zadoc began playing his focus on house pride and fellowship or least some form of it, even if only in wanting to win the house cup. He opened his eyes slowly avoiding contact with the Gryffindor for now looking to avoid that play til he was through. Not because he didn’t feel bad or care, but due to the fact he was thinking eye contact with his fellow albeit less desired and unfortunate to have as housemates was more key during the heat of the moment. Zadoc never did care for these two nor bullying in general.

“If caught I imagine that starts our house Slytherin at a disadvantage…. Right? Chances of winning the house cup diminishes the further this charade goes and we’ve barely begun the new year. First night and already a victim?”

Zadoc added slowly closing the gap between himself and the trio consisting of Bugarth, Ibnor and Azzy. Though he was no fool by any means, he could tell the Gryffindor boy was not in the best condition to fight back especially with the size mismatch and position he took presently even though it was not by his choice. Noticing out of the corner of his eyes the tears roll down his face and like droplets splash upon the ground as the bullying had been taking its toll meanwhile a book torn of pages lay about the ground while in hand of one Slytherin housemate. The fourth year would be voice of reason to deter such acts from continuing felt terrible for the boy, even pondered if he could perhaps repair the book with a spell perhaps in kind gesture and apology for the distasteful and horrid acts of bullying committed upon him along with destruction of personal and perhaps prized belongings? By his own house.

But he had to remain in form and he was not a too foolish a fella to engage two fellows with one being somewhat large, carelessly in what could be a single individual paired off against the pair. Never a good hand…. Approaching the trio with a slight of hand grasping at his hidden wand that lay within his robes while drawing attention away with his other hand nearest them motioning to his chin stroking just so for such a pose with head turned just slightly. Still uncertain how to slyly signal the Gryffindor he was helping or trying to atleast without catching notice of the other two, Zadoc continued on with his efforts.

“Fellas, a Gryffindor is meant to be beaten in the race for the house cup and of course, obviously, on the pit in a game of quidditch. Not costing ourselves with meaningless wastes of time like this? And two against one?! Where’s the honor in that? A sad turn and rather pathetic if you ask me…. Makes us look weak, no? I mean two larger Slytherins against one small Gryffindor? Come on boys, really?”

Zadoc furthered moving his hand casually from his chin toward the shoulder of Bugarth, while slyly having his wand held waist high and hidden from sight of all but him and those in front of him or side in the case of Bugarth. His hand starting soft upon Bugarth’s shoulder but slowly tightening his grip more and more til it began to hurt a little maybe and his point could perhaps sink in better. While he leaned his head closer to Bugarth’s ear so that his lips were close and voice could be clearly heard in whisper thus concealing his intent from everyone near the best he could….

“Return the book nicely, Bugarth and apologize or else I’ll turn you into a small rat of a lad for the house cats to chase after and maybe, just maybe a snake or two for good measure. Understood?”

Zadoc whispered directing with his eyes he meant business by alerting the boy subtly of his wand and where it was placed and aiming as they spoke.

Lyuba was on her way to the great hall like everyone else, it was the fourth year of Hogwarts and she was looking forward to it…home was complicated. It was fine enough when it was just her and her mother, but when her father was somewhat was quite another story. It was rough having parents that were divorced in everything but name. The disdain her mother had for her father thinly veiled by detached civility just bubbling under the surface, ready to explode at any moment, honestly she was surprised she'd made it this long without blowing him up. Then there was her father as his utter lack of care, sure he was just nervous enough to play nice but honestly, she kind of wished he had the gall to say he was still sleeping around with other women, the fact that he insulted their intelligence by making up excuses no one asked about was even more infuriating than knowing what he was really up to…then there was the matter of her brother…Azzy, she spent time with him, weeks or months at a time especially when his mother wanted advice about raising a magical child and it wasn't all that bad a first but as they got older and more able to understand the situation things became…awkward and they grew more distant.

Sometimes she couldn't stand it, it wasn't fair that he could just slink off to the muggle world at the end of the year and not deal with any of it, that he and his mother could just pop in and out of the situation whenever they felt like it while she and hers were just…stuck in it. The Asphodels and Dawnbreakers were noble families with a long and proud history that had made great contributions to the wizarding world, her grandfather Greylen was a hero and her grandparents were good people, they didn't deserve to have their names dragged through the mud…nor their hearts broken by their son's shameful actions…her mother didn't deserve to be made a public fool of by him so she kept his secret…for them, otherwise she'd have screamed it at the top of her lungs for all the world to hear.

She didn't…hate him, at least she didn't think she did, it wasn't his fault her father was no good lying boggie! She just kind of found him hard to look at sometimes, which was fine because they weren't even in the same house so she didn't have to worry about that too much. Instead of going into the great hall with everyone else, she discreetly stayed behind so that she could go back to the luggage. She figured she could let Vox out of his cage and let him fly around for a while, after all, it was the fourth year so Vox knew where the Ravenclaw tower was, hell he knew his way to her home and back to Hogwarts, she just didn't think it was fair for him to be all cooped up while she ate in the great hall until she got back. She snuck over to the luggage, specifically the pet cages, and immediately spotted her owl, who called to her upon seeing her, it seemed like other pets wanted to get out of their cages too but she didn't want to give some poor kid a heart attack by their pets being missing because she felt sorry for them so she simply did what she came there to do and unlocked Vox's cage, letting him climb onto her arm and closed his cage before walking away with him further out, holding her other arm under the other he was perched on, once they were out in the open she smiled at him "Alright, off you go, you know where to find me," she said gently moved her arms up and down to give him a boost into the air before he flew off to…do whatever it is owls do.

Lyuba brushed her hair back and fixed her cloak, maybe if she went back fast enough she'd be able to see the hat sorting ceremony she thought. However, instead what she saw was a familiar little boy on the ground crying while 3 Slytherins stood over him. Lyuba was…livid and did not hesitate to match right over there, it didn't surprise her whatsoever that the culprits were Bugarth and Ibnor…Gods what stupid names, stupid names for stupid people. The third boy she felt kike she may have vaguely recognized him but she wasn't sure but she definitely knew the first two she'd kicked their buts at dueling practice several times.

"You know I've grown tired of calling you those two so I've decided to start calling you I.L.C. because you're both losers, you're both idiots, you're both cowards and you're exactly alike!" Lyuba said scolding the both of them, when she looked down at Azzy, seeing the torn pages of his book she turned back to the boys, her eyes darting between the two of them, searching briefly before she spotted the book in Bugarth's grubby fat little hands and she immediate snatched it from him him "Give me that neither of you can read anyway!" She said then immediately pointed her wand at Ibnor "How many times have you beaten me at dueling practice? None? I thought not, you couldn't beat me with the safety rails up so do not test me without your training wheels and back away from the boy before I turn you into a ferret," she said, almost growling at him.

Lithia was in the great hall enjoying some good food, Hufflepuff was the best. Honestly, she didn't know why the other houses made fun of them…seemed awfully unwise to make fun of the house that makes the food…be a shame if Slytherin started vomiting up slugs, but she wasn't that cruel besides there were little newbies coming today and it'd be awfully cruel of her to prank innocents that had done nothing wrong.

Lithia had been getting really into herbology ain't potions class, she'd started experimenting with making special food using cooking spells. She couldn't wait to come back to Hogwarts, she'd been researching things to try in her books the entire break…not like she had much else to do, other than hanging out with the animals and Frosty…she said that as if Frost wasn't also an animal but she just felt different, she was more personal and dear to her…her only friend really. Her family tried or at least they pretended to try but it was very clear that it was so much easier for them with her brother. Sometimes she wondered why? Why her? Why was she born with magic? And it wasn't enough for her to be born with magic and made an outcast in her own family no fate had to go and make her a Metamorphmagus so not only was she a freak amongst muggles but a freak in the wizarding world too. I mean what happened here? Did her ancient ancestors piss off the Gods or something? Haha, let's make it so that girl can't fit in anywhere for shits and giggles!

She shook her head, she needed some air. Not that anyone would mind if she wasn't there.

"Lace, where are you going?" One of her older housemates asked, seemingly worried not necessarily about her but what she might be up to.

"I'm just going to the bathroom, unless you'd rather I whizz at the table but I won't think our house colors are that kind of yellow…people will know, and is that how you want our house to be remembered on the first day of school? That house where the girl whizzed on herself?" She asked.

He sighed "Just to the bathroom?" He asked, making sure there was no funny business.

"Fine, I'm also going to sneak Frosty some chicken, whizz, and chicken…not in that order or together…scouts honor," She said.

"You've never been a scout," He replied.

"But they have honor," She replied and he sighed, relenting and letting her go. Truth be told she didn't really have to go to the bathroom but she did stop by luggage and slipped some chicken into Frosty's carrier. She was going to save a bit for herself while she wandered around the grounds but she saw this adorable Norwegian Forest Cat eyeing her so…she gave it some chicken too before covering her eyes and running away from the luggage so that she wouldn't be brought face to face with any more adorable pets…she did not have enough chicken for them all. However, this action would prove unwise as she ended up tripping and nearly landing on her face because of it.

"Okay…next time…just look up until you're out of the hall," She groaned pushing herself up with her hands and dusted herself off when she noticed two boys picking on Gryffindor boy, she knew who he was…sort of, kind of a perk of being an outcast you could just sit back and…people watch? She believed his name was Denvers, she always found him quite odd for a Gryffindor, being the house of bravery he seemed rather…meek, but he really seemed to like animals, she supposed she could understand that animals were easier and better than people…animals didn't shun her being different.

"I did say I wasn't going to cause any trouble…well technically I didn't just said I was going to the bathroom and giving Frosty some chicken…well you didn't go to the bathroom and you fed an extra cat," She said trying to rationalize and justify her choice "And he was right…I have never been a scout," She said, approaching the group in the form of Ibnor. Her plan was simple, deck Bugarth in the form of Ibnor, slink behind a pillar, and let the chaos ensue, Bugarth was too dumb to not think Ibnor didn't deck him anyway. However, right when she was about to punch Bugarth in his dumb face…he uh, he kinda turned slightly to left and she punched some…other Slytherin boy…right in the face…when did he get there?

She gasped and covered her mouth "Oh my God I am so, so sorry I did mean to-" She stopped and at that moment also noticed the Ravenclaw girl who was also there…when did she get there "Well it would seem that Bug breath has a very…large frame, larger than I initially thought…you know I don't think I've ever seen him up close before," She said looking up at the large Slytherin boy even in her altered form he still towered over her…why did she think she could reach face? She did not think this one through, not even a little "My stars you are large," She said.

For Azzy it had all been a blur, perhaps due to all the blood rushing to his head from trying to get up so quickly and falling down just as quick, he couldn't stand, and he also couldn't stand seeing his precious book, his only friend really, being torn to shreds by these frankly evil students. He didn't understand it, why were they allowed in Hogwarts, surely they'd not make anything of themselves, probably become Dark Wizards, why allow them to succeed if all they were going to do was hurt? Detention wasn't enough, discipline wasn't even close, expulsion, that would show them, he just couldn't fathom why they were allowed here.

After all the commotion Azzy was finally coming to as Ibnor had ceased kicking him, he was able to stand now, this time the blood not zooming straight to his head and causing him to feel faint. This time he was fully conscious, he could see the three that came to his aid, one trying to reason, one trying to threaten and one choosing violence. Don't do it, Azzy... He thought to himself as he reached for his wand.

Bugarth and Ibnor weren't phased by Zadoc's words of being team players for their House, they didn't care, and the threats that followed of violence and ferrets and rats didn't upset them one bit, well, maybe it did a bit but they were too stupid to consider those consequences.

But there would be consequences, for too many years Azzy had endured their wrath, trying to mask the pain with sarcasm and humor while behind closed doors he wept in loneliness. No more.

"I have stood in the shadows..." Azzy stumbled a bit, staggering forward, obvious injuries to his ribs and leg. He slowly approached the boys. "My own choice... Keeping away from scum like you as best I could." Every step he took now echoed the halls. "I have endured your torture, your bullying, your total lack of compassion towards me or the animals and beasts that I love." He had hold of his wand now. "But I refuse to stand in the darkness anymore, not while people like you--No...Monsters like you still stand in the light to be seen by all. I refuse to let it happen to anyone anymore. No one should be attacked for their stature, I am far more powerful than the two of you combined, you shirk your studies, you lack the skills and you only live to harm. Well guess what, boys? I'm stepping into the light." The two bullies stared at him for a brief moment before his wand was brought out, a flick motion followed by a draw back and another flick accompanied the following words. "LUMOS MAXIMA!" A blinding flash of white light illuminated the halls, Bugarth and Ibnor covered their eyes, blinded by the light.

Azzy felt bad for the three that had stepped into help but he'd honestly forgotten about them and didn't even take note of who they were, this was all rage now.

"Now you'll feel as helpless as I did on the floor, unable to move..." Another beat. "PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!"

---

"Finite!"

The light dissipated and in the midst of the six stood something that would've shocked them to their core had they been able to fully see yet.

A feminine voice spoke as the vision came back to all their eyes. "Sloppy.. The light gave you away and even if it hadn't those boys hitting the ground from your full body-bind curse would've created a loud and encompassing thud that would have alerted me otherwise. You do realize I was in the middle of a speech, a speech which you so rudely interrupted and also were all absent for."

It was her. Headmistress Ara Chawweather, an unorthodox one, no one could ever tell if she was joking or truly angry, perhaps both? Her critique of his use of spells was the least of his concern, Azzy stumbled back and fell onto the floor once more, a loud thud accompanied.

"See?" she mused, satisfied that she was right perhaps.

"H-Headmistress Chawweather, um I.. They... I was only doing it because they were destroying my most prized possession."

"I am aware. I could assume as much from the pages all along the hall, and you've always been very attached to that book throughout the years... So of course Bugarth and Ibnor you know this means detention."

The two scowled but stayed silent.

"As for you Azraeldin. You'll be accompanying. You know far better than to attack another student like that for such selfish means, these three that came to your aid had it handled. So detention for you as well."

"But I--" He grew quiet after she stared at him, her eyebrows were scary. Ara looked towards Lyuba and took the book from her, with a swift motion of the wrist the book began to repair itself, she handed it over to the meek boy and nodded.

"As for the rest of you. I'll admit, I'd been watching for a little whiles seeing what you'd do. Zadoc, you started out fine until you threatened them, and I suspect your words of talking them down for the House Cup was a ruse in the first place so you could get in closer, don't think I didn't see your wand. Lyuba, despite this being family you shouldn't have let emotion overrun you. You threatened to turn these boys into a ferret as well as became a bully yourself in insulting them, when facing one who insults you do not use the same trick back, you use your mind and think of a better outcome or else you're just as bad. Lithia, need I say anything? You decided to throw a punch not even knowing the full situation. Even if you did, violence through fists is far more primitive than choosing to incapacitate your foe with a spell, or rather, use your words. Unfortunate... Losing five points for each of your houses so quickly and we haven't even finished the first day." She sighed.

"I'm a fair Headmistress, I will let you sit in on the feast, but the six of you will sit together, in the back corner of the room, you will be able to choose one food item and one drink and no more and once the feast is over I will collect the lot of you for detention. Are we all clear? Good. Now let's go."

----

After her scolding, or was it advice? Ara showed the six to their table, far from the others and with very limited choice of food. "Enjoy."

Matters started off a bit better then expected, though it was foolish to think long term that his ruse of house play and fellowship would get him anywhere with Ibnor and Bugarth. After all they were not much for thinking of others, least not in such a way, especially if they were folk the pair didn’t seem to like much. However it did start off rather decent if Zadoc did say so himself, he bought enough time to not only get closer but retrieve his wand, quietly attempt a forceful nudge of good showing and filled with some sort of apology even if it wouldn’t have been too believable by way of a harmless enough threat. Now the fall back to a failed measure wasn’t exactly ideal, but he least could start putting one together now that he got phase one out of the way.

But fate had other plans…. A Ravenclaw appeared not from the great hall where all had been gathered but elsewhere… Immediately getting herself involved and quickly began scolding the pair of his fellow slytherins and more loudly then he, threatening them with similar threats to his own. A vague familiarity was present about her yet he could not immediately place it nor be certain after all his mind had been a tad busy and distracted with recent events and trying to think on his feet to diffuse the situation at hand currently. Somehow, Zadoc was getting a bad feeling about all this and wondering what he just got himself into now.

A feeling of watching his entire plan of action crumble before him as they spoke and bare witness…. Mind racing to consider the updated outcomes and subconsciously shaking his head as none of the outcomes were looking good. He had been trying to resolve things more discreetly and hoping to avoid anymore notice then was there already, the louder and bolder anyone got the more likely a professor or even the headmistress would take notice and catch them all red handed. Oh, how that was a dreaded outcome indeed… Zadoc had plenty of experience with the headmistress and professors in such troublesome situations and detention likely outcomes though usually it was related to his condition and not being where he was supposed to be while hiding the reasons why at the same time or in other situations involving the restricted section. Often trying to persuade and charm his way out of things or least lower the level of punishment a bit.

Always thinking on his feet and adapting the best he could was Zadoc….

But if that disruption into his tactics were enough there was a new entanglement to undo that was truly adding to the undoing of his initial plan. Another student appeared well sort of atleast, it was a second Ibnor coming right at Bugarth or wait….. No, the blasted boy did have to move didn’t he? Instead of taking the punch from Ibnor number two, the strike landed square at Zadoc’s jaw loosening his grip of Bugarth’s shoulder in the process and further lowering the odds of success with it. Meanwhile Zadoc winced at the strike and moved slightly away in response to the punch now holding and rubbing the side of his face. Completely at a loss for words after that seemed to unfold before his eyes and to think it all began simply because he was squishy and annoyed then felt a need to do right by trying to help a fellow student out. A Gryffindor no less. Practically arch rivals of his own Slytherin house.

It was quite true the old saying… ‘No good deed goes unpunished’ and Zadoc certainly felt that punch right here and now let him tell you. The disguised student apologized for the unintended strike to his face before seemingly stopping to take note of the Ravenclaw girl and the large frame of the Slytherin she had intended to strike. ‘Who has a poly juice potion just waiting on standby? And of Ibnor of all people?’ Zadoc pondered at a loss for it all.

However that was only the beginning of the end. While Zadoc’s eyes looked wide in shock towards the imposter Ibnor and merely nodded his head in response to the apology, not trying to be rude and non receptive of the apology although perhaps he could have reason so soon after it happened. The innocent or almost innocent Slytherin victim didn’t quite feel like talking just yet, while he attempted to gather himself and return to a quick recalculation of the situation at hand now. But plans would truly not be necessary at this point it seemed, the Gryffindor lad was getting back to some composure or well anger fueled emotions seeking revenge of years long torment perhaps? The last straw that broke this boys back of patience and the like. Just like that his initial estimate of this being a possible two against one turned into a four against two or maybe four, could be three? The confusion of everything that had just happened moments from each other had taken a bit of a toll on the boy.

Before long Azzy was saying his peace and letting his feelings be known, while rising up with his wand and unleashing a bright flash of light to blind while the words of another spell could vaguely be heard amidst it all as Zadoc shielded his eyes as quick as he could from the light of the first spell then suddenly almost without much left to surprise Zadoc at this point came the headmistress herself, the unorthodox one known as Ara Chawweather….

‘Oh this can’t be good…’ Zadoc told himself quietly while lowering his arm used to shield his eyes. Ibnor and Bugarth received detention unsurprisingly so. Meanwhile Azraeldin as Zadoc would come to know more certainly of name also received detention. Then Headmistress Ara Chawweather turned her attention to Zadoc….

‘Oh boy that feeling is back and stronger then ever now. I just know this won’t be good at all….’ Zadoc thought trying to consider his words and options quickly while composing himself once more. Just like she mentioned he had done, it started off fine however then came the dreaded *But* bringing up how he had threatened Bugarth with his wand. She saw that? She watching the whole time?! Puzzled at how she always seemed to know and explaining without actually explaining how he seemed to get caught so often. The boy truly was desiring a way to talk his way out of this one, but nothing worthwhile seemed to cross his mind in order to Grace his lips in a departing manner to voice his thoughts and explain his side of it all.

“It was perhaps just a bluff….” He uttered under his breath in sighing and reluctant acceptance of his punishment. There was no way he was going to attempt persuasion with her right now and possibly, likely double down on his punishment. “Yes, ma’am….” Zadoc spoke avoiding any further opportunity to listen to his mind conure up some defense of his actions and engage him in such attempts to charm his way out of this one, not in this particular almost futile of odds for success kind of situation. Instead he looked up toward the window gazing at the moon from afar, distant gaze, merely glad his troubles weren’t added on with a full moon and thus forcing him to conjure up a plan to avoid being near anyone for detention or be part of it at all.

Truthfully at this point Zadoc came rather used to detention. There were far worse matters he could face after all and it was becoming like a little game at this point, a game of how often would he get caught and how often would he not kind of challenge with the loss being a form of getting to know better another member of the staff. While doing some form of unwanted labor or assistance for his detention.

First the apple ordeal in north berwick and now this? One item of food and one drink? A sore jaw and nothing but trouble and bad luck to start his new year. Oh how he could feel those parental, guardianship eyes glaring down at him in disappointment now…..

At the sounds of the Headmistress explaining there situation and what would be going on from here til later on when they were collected with a final “Enjoy” Zadoc merely nodded with a shrug returning his wand to its place and placing his hands in his pockets once more. ‘I’m not sure if one thing went to plan this evening….?’ The Slytherin boy pondered while hoping Tali was atleast alright. The girl never did like being cooped up within some crate and left waiting somewhere as a free spirit and thinker that she was always wanting to roam, live curiously and meet new things and people…. Well sorta anyway she could be a odd one sometimes with her moods.

"Am I now?" Lyuba said in reply to the headmaster's…critiques as it were, she wouldn't argue with her as it would get her nowhere. Could she have handled it better? In hindsight most certainly, but the idea that she was somehow just as bad as those two after a mere one threat and one insult, less than a spec of a fraction compared to years of them doing so multiple times a day and far worse…was laughable in her eyes. Was this meant to shame her? To make her feel bad? Well, it wasn't working, she wasn't sorry for any of it, not one single bit "I concede to the fact that I could have handled it better…headmistress," She said, clearly, quietly, and as agreeably as she possibly could. She did respect the headmistress after all…but she didn't say anything untrue, they either couldn't or refused to read, Ibnor was a bit smarter than Bugarth but…she could not stress, just a bit. Maybe she was too angry, too young to understand the maturity of the headmistress's words, but she just could not see how she was just as bad as two boys who regularly torment people daily.

She felt her mouth so dry as the head mistress mentioned that Azzy was family and swallowed. She just said family, it's not like she said he was her brother but still she was surprised that she even knew they were related at all and didn't much like the fact she brought it up at all. Oh, what she'd give to be Vox right now, just flying around without a care, doing…owl things.

Well at the very least, at least she wouldn't be going hungry tonight and it was just detention…I mean she'd never gotten detention or been to detention…had her mother? She had no idea what detention was even like. Well, she supposed she was going to find out soon enough…rather she liked it or not.

Now that she had calmed down she took note of the people around her, a Slytherin boy one the headmistress had called Zodac, he seemed to have been punched by the Ibnor imposter who the headmistress called Lithia…so she was a girl then? Was she using a poly juice potion? Why did she just so happen to have Ibnor poly juice potion? I mean that seemed like a very specific thing to have in that sort of situation…from her robes she seemed to be a Hufflepuff. Actually, upon close inspection it was quite hilarious, seeing Ibnor in a girl's uniform. Lyuba bit her lip, trying her best not to burst out laughing, but this girl really didn't think this through, although she supposed that having a boy Slytherin's uniform on hand was asking a bit much, she was lucky enough to have the poly juice potion on hand…and on the first day no less…odd.

Then there was Azzy…she knew Azzy already, but he seemed to have been practicing his charms at the very least so…that was something. It was odd and kind of heartwarming to see members of different houses coming together to stop an injustice…even odder to see a Hufflepuff of all people throw a punch at someone as a first resort.

848924d83370c6434a68fd0d368e0ff6.jpg
Lithia kind of tilted her hand back and forth to what the headmistress had to say about her involvement "I mean the situation was they were picking on him so I think I understood the situation pretty well, it's not my fault that Bugarth is too fa-," Lithia stopped herself mid-sentence still speaking in Ibnor's voice as she was still currently in his form. She was going to call Bugarth fat but realized very quickly that insulting the boy in front of the headmistress probably wasn't the best idea so she quickly cleaned it up "Fabulously large of frame for me to see past him to h other students hidden behind his vast shape," She said slowly lowering her head as she returned to her original form, playing with her robe as she steadily became shorter until she and Azzy were the same height. Her figure and her facial features became more feminine, her hair grew longer and turned black with a tint of purple she had a beauty mark on the left side I her face just underneath her lips and silvery amethyst colored eyes "So to be clear, would I be in less trouble if I used a," She looked up at the headmistress and did not have the heart to finish asking that questions and promptly returned her gaze to her shoes "N-nevermind, I'm sorry," She said.

She turned to Zodac and waved "Sorry…again, it doesn't hurt too badly does it?" She asked tapping her jaw in order to gesture to his as she had struck him with the body of another male student changing the level of her strength, meaning it almost certainly hurt more than if she had hit him in her own form.

When the students were escorted into the hall, Lithia's eye immediately met with her older housemate who simply gave her a lot of that said really? To which she meekly shrugged as if to say sorry. He simply sighed, thankful for the fact that it seemed she wasn't the only one in trouble.

She took her food item and her one drink as she was instructed and sat at a table in the back with everyone else. She was no stranger to detention although she did typically avoid it unless the headmistress was involved and to be fair she didn't typically turn into boys using her rare gifts…however, she'd never gotten in trouble on the first day of school before classes even started and usually it was just a bit of mischief and not well…a full-on brawl.

Well she supposed she did plan on skipping the opening ceremony and just wondering the cast grounds, but what was there really to see. New Hufflepuffs? She'd know them when she saw them, but she'd be fine, she knew who to navigate her way through this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back