Literature Hogwarts House?

duckinthehat

Any potterheads out there? There always is. Want to know more of the community and see which house has the most members here.
I, myself, am a Ravenclaw according to pottermore although I took the test on there back in 2012 when it had just been released. I've always considered myself a bit of a Hufflepuff. I guess that makes me a Ravenpuff? Maybe I should retake the test and see, I know often the results will vary so maybe this time I'll be put in a different house.

e7758179-87e2-4410-86a6-42e47bb7c58e_560_420.jpg

According to Pottermore and 98% of those who know me well I'm a Gryffindor. :) But I have friends and family from all of the houses. I know this because I made most people I know take the Pottermore quiz. Both parents took it so I can consider myself a Pureblood lol ^^ Glad to see some HP fans :)

First I Squee About The Fandom
lol. You will pry me from this fandom about ten years after I'm dead. I grew up with harry potter, it's one of the most influential book series in my life. Not only that it's a series that grew with me. I started off just enjoying the series for the world or the story. As I've grown into a middle aged woman I've revisited both for the nostalgia and the chance to really deconstruct the themes.

Some people tend to get disappointed when they realize that JK Rowling might have feet of clay or the books weren't as perfect as they remember. Me I find looking at the flaws really enhances the experience because it shows where the series can be EVEN BETTER with a little tweaking or care.

Seriously I could make an entire thread about the North American pottermore information.

Also I listen to multiple harry potter themed podcasts and follow a reread on tor.com. If anyone wants links PM me.

And Now I Rant About My House
I never took the Pottermore quiz or if I did it was so long ago I don't remember what I got. But personality wise I imagine I would have been a Hufflepuff. Going on the fan theory that the Sorting Hat puts where you have the most potential for success later in life.

As a child I would swear up and down that I was a Ravenclaw. Because I was a shy person who loved to read and considered Luna Lovegood to basically be my spirit animal (still is tbh).

But Ravenclaw is the house that values wit and learning and while I love to learn and consider myself to be reasonably intelligent I don't VALUE those things. I value hardwork or working as a group. Those are the traits that I'm proud of in myself and those are the traits I struggle with. I think putting me in Hufflepuff would have helped me work on strengthening my weaker traits (making friends) while enhancing my better qualities (hardwork, pragmatism).

Plus I saw Newt and I was like...yep youse my peeps. ( I would tots be a Magic Librarian or a Magizoologist. or a Magizoologist Librarian )

I'm like a Slytherin-Hufflepuff mix. I'm super driven and ambitious for like... 3 things, but beyond that I'm a diehard too-honest-for-my-own-good Hufflepuff.

I'd love to be a Gryffindor, but Pottermore seems to always be sure that I'm a Ravenclaw.

Hufflepuff though I think could also have traits of Slytherin and Ravenclaw as well.

Hufflepuff: Handwork, Fair Play, Loyalty, Fairness, Kindness, Dedication
Slytherin: Resourcefulness, Ambition, Determination, Acceptance
Ravenclaw: Intelligence, Knowledge, Creativity, Wisdom, Individuality

I'm a Slytherin every time I take a sorting test. It's always been my favourite house, so yay.

I'm a Slytherin. I could probably pass for a Ravenclaw if I wanted, but I'm apathetic towards school/school work, so I work better in Slytherin house. Plus Slytherin has been what quizzes (and Pottermore) has placed me in, so I'm fairly confident in my house.

Most, if not all, of my real life friends have been Hufflepuffs though. I guess we balance each other out well.

i'm a slytherclaw!! i got majority ravenclaw but only barely and the next one was slytherin. i feel like that fits me quite well, despite friends thinking i'm a puff.

Any potterheads out there? There always is. Want to know more of the community and see which house has the most members here.
I, myself, am a Ravenclaw according to pottermore although I took the test on there back in 2012 when it had just been released. I've always considered myself a bit of a Hufflepuff. I guess that makes me a Ravenpuff? Maybe I should retake the test and see, I know often the results will vary so maybe this time I'll be put in a different house.

e7758179-87e2-4410-86a6-42e47bb7c58e_560_420.jpg

So I knew back in the day, in my heart of hearts, that I was Ravenclaw. But when I went on Pottermore, they placed me in Slytherin and I was just like...

AgedEnlightenedBumblebee-max-1mb.gif

Nevertheless, I've decided to go with being a Slytherclaw. I like my wand though.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back