• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Hivemind

Should this role play be in fantasy or realistic/modern?

• Fantasy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Realistic/Modern

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Noivian

Drinker of coffees
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I don't have much in the way of plot, but I'm basically taking the idea of mechanics I've made for a fandom role play and putting them here for someone else to come along an put a plot to it. I'm aiming for this to be a mix of modern supernatural, horror, and small elements of dice to keep things fair.

Basically, the mechanics of the role play would divide the role players into two or more groups, with Group A being the smallest and Group B (and others groups if needed) being the larger one(s).

Group A would be the main cast, and the role players would get one character each. The role play would focus around those characters and what they do. Role players in this group would have to be very detailed in their posts, and make relatable character that the other groups would enjoy reading more on and would want to interact with.

Group B would consist of a larger portion of the role players, and will basically work as a group to set the tone, offer choices, role play expendable characters, and generally do everything a GM would do. Mostly, this group will be leading the story. They'll set up a group conversation off the thread to discuss plots, hold votes, and make characters, while leaving the main cast in the dark. That's right: both the role players and characters in Group A have no clue what's going to happen until it happens.

No resets, no do overs. One life, once chance. We'll have a waiting list composted of the people in the other group on a first come, first served bases to fill holes made by dying main cast members. If you are in the main cast and you die, you're moved to Group B and can help decide on what goes on behind the scenes.

Sound fun to anyone?

Aw man *slaps knee* @Noivian

So the setting will be modern day earth? I assume at least, did you have an idea of what the fantasy/horror elements would be? Or just a mash-up of what everyone feels like doing?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rurnur I have this same concept, but also in the Fantasy Interest Checks. I wasn't thinking something extremely fantasy, like elves and dwarfs or anything, as far as fantasy goes. For horror, it has to be something deadly to the characters. Maybe some kind of monster on the loose, akin to creepypastas or something but not quite? Or maybe just a regular human, controlled by the larger group, who decided to go killing?

Or, what if, by using the title, there was a creature called a Hivemind that took over the minds of people and had them kill others at seemingly random? Really, the plot is up in the air, as the larger group is supposed to figure it out. The overlying theme should be horror, however.

Oh sounds good, I like the creepypasta-ish theme, I'd prefer that over spooky ghosts, vampires and werewolves. You could incorporate the "Hivemind" idea into that as well

Yeah, I was thinking of having the monster absorb other minds or something... I dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back