• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion History Quickbar For Thread Topics...

AliceNWeb

Creative Endeavoring
I have a suggestion, history quickbar for the individual threads. For example:

If I'm submitting to a specific thread like entertainment or art a quickbar appears while I'm on the drafting page. The quickbar would show me all of the topics I've made in that thread for convenience sake - and I have really bad short-term memory so it would prevent me from re-submitting a topic I've already submitted. I also wouldn't have to scroll back to the beginning of time on my own profile to make sure I didn't post the thread.

Maybe it's just me but I really do have terrible short-term memory and this would help me, and people like me a lot.

This is already possible using the search function. You can search for your own content using your user name in specific forums and threads. You just have to search for your own username and set the filters how you want to view them.

This is already possible using the search function. You can search for your own content using your user name in specific forums and threads. You just have to search for your own username and set the filters how you want to view them.
Ah okay well I guess the other thing is the search bar is easy to forget - and I was more thinking it would auto-find your threads for that topic. I'm just lazy I guess haha, thank you for pointing the search bar out to me I actually keep forgetting it's there x_x

Ah okay well I guess the other thing is the search bar is easy to forget - and I was more thinking it would auto-find your threads for that topic. I'm just lazy I guess haha, thank you for pointing the search bar out to me I actually keep forgetting it's there x_x
Well there is also this nifty area as well; https://www.rpnation.com/find-threads/started but it doesn't filter content by area, just all the threads you've posted, though you might be able to browse through using the prefix to get an idea about what you've posted.

wait... Fable Fable could that be added? You just click a drop-down-list and select the prefix? This would come in handy later when I have like... hundreds of posts

wait... Fable Fable could that be added? You just click a drop-down-list and select the prefix? This would come in handy later when I have like... hundreds of posts
If there was an addon that existed for it, sure, but I don't believe there is one and we have more than enough custom projects in the works to last us well for this entire year at this point. I also don't think this would get any priority since the search basically does what you suggested and that is you find your specific content from a certain section. You can search by prefix and forum along with your username and telling the search to preset the results as threads.

search.jpg

If there was an addon that existed for it, sure, but I don't believe there is one and we have more than enough custom projects in the works to last us well for this entire year at this point. I also don't think this would get any priority since the search basically does what you suggested and that is you find your specific content from a certain section. You can search by prefix and forum along with your username and telling the search to preset the results as threads.

View attachment 523944
Alright, I would help you guys if I knew anything about web design! Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back