• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Request Hiring a Visual Artist for a 2D JRPG-style Indie MMO. (Closed)

If this is a troll, it's the most hilarious and involved trolling i've seen ina while. GG

It isn't a troll at all. If you want to make fun of my lack of money, art skills, and not being good with people in general, at least have the decency to say it out right.

I really want this game to happen.

God works in many mysterious ways... More often than not, when He tells you to do something, it's for more than one reason. I know this from experience. Maybe He commanded you to make this game so that it could help people... Or maybe He told you to make this game in order to help YOU.

I suggest you be open to the idea that God is leading you to make this thread so that you can follow the advice of these people.

God works in many mysterious ways... More often than not, when He tells you to do something, it's for more than one reason. I know this from experience. Maybe He commanded you to make this game so that it could help people... Or maybe He told you to make this game in order to help YOU.

I suggest you be open to the idea that God is leading you to make this thread so that you can follow the advice of these people.

God commanded me to make this as my first project. What they are suggesting is to do other projects first. A blatant denial of what God put on my heart.

God commanded me to make this as my first project. What they are suggesting is to do other projects first. A blatant denial of what God put on my heart.
All I'm suggesting is that perhaps He wanted this to be your first project because you can learn from the experience. You never know, it could wind up that you don't even have to finish the game for its purpose to be fulfilled. This project's purpose could be for it to be a blooming success, or it could be that its purpose is for you to eventually fail at it and learn from your mistakes. You don't know why God sent you on this path, none of us do, so it's a definite possibility.

Like people have said, I'm not suggesting you stop. I'm merely suggesting that perhaps you could go about it differently. Consider people's advice. God's the one that put these people in your path, maybe He's trying to tell you something. Be open to the idea.

That's my problem my Art is placeholder art so it isn't good enough to even begin to start a Patreon Page, I need at least a good demo that is like 5-10 minutes long to even start one.

Didn't you make a thread about wanting to be an artist here: Journal - To Be Artist: A Daily Journal on Developing Mastery of Art and being better at it!

Perfect. Put up your Patreon page using art you made yourself first, along with all the assets you have already personally started work on.

Also, one of my suggestions if you don't want to work on someone else's project is to put up your search on a dedicated job bulletin board. RPN does not have the 7 billion people you want to reach. You have yet to provide a decent explanation why you do not want to do even that.

All I'm suggesting is that perhaps He wanted this to be your first project because you can learn from the experience. You never know, it could wind up that you don't even have to finish the game for its purpose to be fulfilled. This project's purpose could be for it to be a blooming success, or it could be that its purpose is for you to eventually fail at it and learn from your mistakes. You don't know why God sent you on this path, none of us do, so it's a definite possibility.

Like people have said, I'm not suggesting you stop. I'm merely suggesting that perhaps you could go about it differently. Consider people's advice. God's the one that put these people in your path, maybe He's trying to tell you something. Be open to the idea.

Okay, understood.

Didn't you make a thread about wanting to be an artist here: Journal - To Be Artist: A Daily Journal on Developing Mastery of Art and being better at it!

Perfect. Put up your Patreon page using art you made yourself first, along with all the assets you have already personally started work on.

Also, one of my suggestions if you don't want to work on someone else's project is to put up your search on a dedicated job bulletin board. RPN does not have the 7 billion people you want to reach. You have yet to provide a decent explanation why you do not want to do even that.

Okau, thank you sincerely for the advice.

I'm kind of baffled by this whole thread. Particularly the bit about God commanding you to do this on this specific site. I'm not sure what God you worship, but as a Christian, this just doesn't make much sense to me at all. Unless the MMO you are planning has the goal of discipling, teaching about Christianity, or even any other faith, this just seems like you're preaching about God as a way to get people interesting in helping you out. An interesting tactic but certainly not the way I'd go about it. God doesn't often give clear messages to people-- yet another thing that surprises me. He specifically wants you to create this MMO for such a small amount of money on this specific website? God would seriously call you to make an MMO about becoming the Dungeon Master, which sounds completely unrelated to any religion? Hmm! Odd!

Look, I'm glad you have high ambitions and whatnot, but it couldn't hurt to ground yourself a little more. $50 a month is barely any money at all and no artist is going to be interested in pouring hours of work into something for that amount. If you're genuinely wanting to make this, earn some more money, make a clearer picture of what you want, expand your horizons and explore some new websites.

Look, I already figured out the reason why God put it on my heart to do this here, and Daisie was right, well, somewhat.

It was for me to learn to be open to people's advice.

In fact, without Daisie and SCSaya06, I would be stuck on the path of never progressing at all.

Though right after I replied to the two of them, I made a friend that said she might be interested in doing the Artwork, for a price of 68 dollars a month. So It all worked according to God's plan and what he told me to do, and the reason why was true after all.

To be honest, it took me years of prayer and learning about God for him to speak to me, and even then it is not with words it is more like he puts a clear knowing in my heart. Of course, I test the spirits to see whether or not it was God, and I do it the way Paul explained in the Bible.

So there's really no need for this thread anymore. God led someone to me that was willing to work with me on a price. She just has to give it some thought first, so I told her to take her time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back