• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Hippy Bus Adventures - Main RP

Xylona

ur not a ghost, i'm not afraid of u
Links:
Interest Check
Characters
OOC

~*~*~*~*~*~
Four friends, freshly graduated from high school, decide to set out for their first adventure as adults. When one of them get's their hands on an old VW bus, painted every color of the rainbow, the group knows exactly what they want to do. With that being said, after a week of preparation, the group sets out in their 'hippy bus' to the beautiful state of Oregon. Plenty of trees, mountains, waterfalls, and the sweet taste of adventure.

Everything is going smoothly, until the group ventures out a little further than they intended. They follow winding paths through the deep forests of Oregon, while recklessly not keeping track of the directions they were taking. It seems okay, until the faithful old bus decides to break down. Smack dab in the middle of nowhere, with no cell service and only tall thick trees for miles. As it turned out, such a vehicle wasn't meant for windy dirt roads. Surely they could follow the paths back, except.. they had no idea which ones led where.

Well, good thing they brought their camping gear.
~*~*~*~*~*~

van-hippie.jpg

Niamh Quinn

Niamh released a loud, happy sigh as the sunshine hit her face. Wild red hair flew behind her like a flag as she stuck her head out the window to release a loud yell that only her friends and the tall trees could hear. The whole trip so far she'd either been yelling, making jokes, or stuffing her face with cheetos. Which was exactly why she didn't offer up to drive. She knew the trip was going to be a blast, and the red head was already pumped. This was their first summer as adults, and she intended to make it as memorable as it possibly could be. Which was-- of course-- why she neglected to tell any of her companions about all the bottles she'd stored in one of the three suitcases she'd decided to bring. There was no getting rid of them now, after all. Not without drinking them anyway. Though in her defense about the number of suitcases, she needed as many outfits as possible. Who knew what kind of hot man-bunned hipsters Oregon had to offer? A vintage bus like this was supposed to be a hippy magnet, so she had to be ready and look good at all times.

Scoping out hipsters would have to wait until tomorrow, however. Today they'd decided to drive deep into the forest and camp out, which sounded like a good time to Nim. Just some good old-fashioned bonding, and maybe a few sips of the good stuff. Go big or go home, right? It wasn't as if police officers would be waiting in the treetops to bust them.

Reluctantly pulling her head back into the bus, Nim turned to grin at her friends. "Looks like we're really getting into these woods. Let's hope we don't get eaten by bigfoot," She paused, "Unless bigfoot is just a nickname for some hot stoned backpacker. If that's the case, I'm all for it." She laughed, punching Angel in the shoulder and throwing a wink at Chloe and Reirei. "Tonight is gonna be seriously so fun. Actually, this whole summer is gonna be amazing. Can you believe we graduated? I'm actually more surprised that we were able to plan a two month long trip without anything going wrong yet." She giggled, shoving more cheetos in her mouth.

coding by cychotic

Last edited:
Chloe was one to sit in the back and instead of being excited like Niamh, she was the complete opposite. Well, not entirely, she's happy to go out and do stuff with her only friends, but it was the driving that bothered her. She can easily be car-sick and was fighting off her urge to just randomly throw up. Once in awhile her head would become hot and sweaty while her stomach tightened up, yet she still kept on a smile for them when they'd look at her. Although when they look away, she would go back to moping, leaning against the glass of her window. The earbuds burried in her ears did helped her to relax and get her mind off of things, classic music never felt so soothing.

"Uhhh..." She groaned out, being as quiet as she could be as she watched the tall oak trees pass her by every second. Deciding to count them to distract her from the road. Oh look a tree, and another one, oh another one, four, five, six, it's a full house...she thought to herself. Turning down the volume on her phone she decided to head what her friend, the one that's like the life of the party. "Yeah well, too bad it's not exactly over, I mean we still have college, then jobs..work never ends." She rested her elbow against the window frame and tilted her head to the side to lean on her palm. "But I guess..summer will be as great as ever. So I'll try to enjoy it as much as i can with you guys..." Chloe stated with a slight smile appearing on the corner of her light colored lips.

Long-Hair-with-Bangs-for-Girls.jpg

Reirei, ironically, was the one who got stuck with all the driving. He had just barely gotten his license on his sixteenth birthday, and had it only long enough to allow him to drive the rest of his friends. It was an odd position for Reirei, given how he wasn't usually the pack leader, but the driver was usually the one in charge of where the car was going and what tunes were played on the radio. Reirei was very passive, however, so the job of DJ went to whoever claimed the passenger seat while he was driving. Hopefully someone else volunteered to drive at some point... he got tired of staring at the road for hours on end after a while. He wanted to look at the scenery too, regardless of how much of it was just trees. "Hey Nim, how much further till we turn?" Reirei asked over her shouting, a surprising feat in and of itself. He cast a quick glance in her direction, which was fine to do since there was literally no other car on the road. His mind, unlike Nim's, was mostly on driving at this point. He couldn't exactly celebrate their graduation just yet. Not until the car was off and the stuff in the car unloaded.

Oliver "Olly" Corvallis

400full-jakub-gierszal.jpg

"That's all optional, you know." Oliver chuckled, glancing over at Chloe from the opposite window. "The sky's the limit." On that note, he disconnected his earbuds from his phone and cranked up the volume. The song he had been listening to on repeat for the past hour played openly, traveling to the front of the bus.

With his blond hair thrashing in all directions from the wind, he lifted his Nikon D500 from his lap: a compact action shooter that he brought along for the duration of the trip. He ditched his phone on the tattered seat, standing up with wobbly legs. As he clung to his camera, he maneuvered his way forward to stand next to Raymond. Olly put one hand over his shoulder, exchanging a short: "How you doing, buddy?"

Then, he turned to face the crew, leaning against the bus with his back smashed against the left side of the front windshield. "Don't wreck, okay?" A lopsided grin tugged at the corner of his lips as he brought the camera to his face, squinting his free eye closed. "Hey, Cheeto Face and Baby Doll! Smile for the camera!" He lightheartedly quipped at Niamh and Angel. There was a prompt white flash as he snapped the photo, capturing their reaction on short notice.

Oliver lowered the D500 to peer down at the LCD, his ashen gray peepers lighting up. The photo entailed a panic-stricken Reirei, orange crumbs everywhere, Angel's wide eyes and a faint expression from Chloe. "Oh, boy... Lots of character in this one." He playfully warned, peeking back up at his friends with a smug look on his face. "I'm going to have too much fun with my models once we're outside."

Last edited:
full
♡ a n g e l ♡
Angel's bright blue eyes were wide with a combination of nerves and excitement, taking everything in as he listened to the ebb and flow of easygoing conversation. Such an adventure was completely new to him, and he barely believed that he'd graduated in the first place. Time sure does fly... for better or worse.

He winced dramatically when Nim punched his shoulder, expression changing to a childlike pout. "Hey! That's definitely gonna leave a bruise, owww," he complained sarcastically, placing one hand, complete with a striped fingerless glove, over the wounded spot.

Though he'd been quiet for most of the ride, Angel was in a fairly good mood. He normally hated long drives, but thankfully, the motion sickness pills he'd taken right before leaving seemed to be working pretty well. While he wasn't up to stuffing his face with junk food like some of the others, the pale kid was actually enjoying an endless display of unfamiliar landscapes and how they changed, rushing by in a blur of greens and golds. Impermanence is the only thing that's permanent. Hmm, that would make a nice lyric, I should write-

The white-haired boy was snapped out of his thoughts by a camera flash, sudden bursts of white capturing a look of surprise and confusion. It was only after the picture was taken that he had time to be annoyed by the whole "Baby Doll" thing.

"There's no possible way that's flattering," Angel deadpanned, fixing his windswept hair in case another photo opportunity presented itself.

♡mood: excited, a little nervous |
♡currently: fixing his hair |
♡location: hippy van |
♡with: everyone |
♡mentions: Xylona Xylona White Stag White Stag |

Niamh Quinn

Nim stopped mid-yell at the sound of Reirei's voice, turning to face him. Her grin was ever present, and as she moved to lean up next to him, the cheetos went with her. In all honesty, she had no idea where they were going. She just knew that it was pretty, and that she wanted to sleep in a forest tonight. She peered alongside the road, grin widening as she spotted a canopy of trees over a dirt road on the left. There was also no driveway or trespassing sign, so fuck it. "Right there, right there!" She said excitedly, pointing to the turn as they came up on it. A small whoop left her as they veered towards it, and she planted a peck on their trusty driver's cheek. "All aboard starship Reirei, right? Thanks for driving, savior. Once we get down this road, just keep going okay? Take whatever turns necessary. We can always just follow the path back tomorrow." She said happily, patting his shoulder and turning back just as Olly passed her to the front.

As soon as she heard the words "cheeto face" she was turning with a literal cheese grin. Crumbs were everywhere, and they only flew more as she began to laugh at the picture. "If I see any of these on Facebook, I'm killing you Oliver." She warned, though she already knew that by the end of the night he'd have them hanging upside down from a tree for the sake of his photographic fantasies. Niamh didn't really mind though. It seemed like only Olly's pictures could capture all the interesting that was their friends. It was unbelievable that such a diverse group of friends were as tight-knit as they were.

"Let's not think about our impending adulthood then." She said finally, "- or the fact that I just broke Angel's arm." She added sarcastically, throwing the boy another grin as she closed up her chips. "We got this guys. Don't think about anything except the fact that we'll be in this magnificent bus for two months!" She exclaimed, a lock of ginger hair falling into her freckled face as she giggled once more.

coding by cychotic

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_op280oCQzg1qe81ui_540.gif
Reirei dared a look towards Olly, and took a double take when the picture was snapped. He wasn’t one to like being caught off-guard for images, but with Olly, he had all but grown used to the photographer’s constant snapping of pics. Unfortunately, however, the bus swerved a little when Reirei turned his head, and started drifting into the other lane as Reirei blinked away stars from his eyes. “Please, no flash photography,” he quipped to Olly with a playful grin.

The bus started to slow, and when Nim pointed out the turn, Reirei did his best to turn the car down the path. It was more or less dirt, paved with slightly flattened gravel. Reirei suspected it to be a driveway, until the gravel turned to plain dirt. He had to greatly reduce speed to keep from wrecking the suspension on the car. While driving a hippie van was fun and all, no one would have fun the moment they were feeling every pebble under the tires of an actual paved highway and bouncing with every little crack in the cement. To top it off, the bus was old, and the size of a sailing boat compared to what Reirei learned to drive on. Thankfully, however, it was an automatic, so it wasn’t like it wasn’t drivable. It was just… fragile.

“Yeah, starship Reirei,” the small boy muttered under his breath, wincing as the van rocked going over a fallen tree branch. Hopefully it wouldn’t get caught in the van’s carriage, or they’d be really screwed. Why did they have to take this road? It wasn’t like Reirei disliked being the only one driving – in fact, it gave him a pretty solid reason to be wanted and needed on the trip. He just… wished he could have chosen the car. They’d be going in a much more luxurious one, rather than an old VW bus. One that Reirei didn’t have to constantly worry about messing up or breaking every time he stepped on the gas and the car only pulled forwards a few inches.

With another rev, the car surged forwards. Uphill was hard, but not impossible. He eyed a suspiciously abandoned-looking cabin as they continued on, but of course the road continued and veered to the left as it crested the hill they had been climbing. So this had been a driveway, Reirei concluded. He started to doubt Nim’s sense of directions as the cabin faded further into the background and the road before them started looking less like an official road and more like a trail of some sorts. “… Are you sure this is right?” he asked, checking the gas gauge. They were just starting to dip into the final third. If Nim was uncertain, he was going to be turning them around to get to the nearest gas station.

White Stag White Stag MochiHaru MochiHaru spookie spookie Xylona Xylona

Last edited:
Chloe peeked her face in front of the window like always, seeing everything they were driving passed. She personally didn't like the idea of going to someplace that literally had signs of 'no trespassing'. Of course, they couldn't go spend the night at a hotel, it had to be outside in some sort of woods. Though, she felt too sick for speaking up.

She started to have bad predictions of what might happen.. what if a bear attacks me in my sleep? Or mosquitoes will suck my blood until I'm nothing? Eww..the ground would be dirty..I'll probably just sleep in the van.

She pouted in reality and mostly ignored what the others were saying. She lowered her head to where head to where she wouldn't be in any pictures. "Hmmmphh"

Xylona Xylona spookie spookie White Stag White Stag Noivian Noivian

Oliver "Olly" Corvallis

400full-jakub-gierszal.jpg

"Of course it is." Oliver shot back, raising an eyebrow at Angel. His eyes drifted back down to the LCD. It was a charming snapshot of their crew. The boy was delusional to think otherwise. "Trust me, there's a lot of character in this one. I like its... authenticity!" He finally said, a faint smirk touching his lips. "One day, you'll look back to this photo with a smile."

Then, giggling at Niamh, the blond endearingly held his camera to his chest. "Oh, I wouldn't dream of it." He reassured her with a roll of his eyes. "Facebook is so unworthy. That's why I'm uploading these pictures to my blog."

By the time Olly looked out the window, the bus was following a trail off the beaten track. He could barely contain his excitement as the bus rolled through foreign territory. To refrain was squealing, he resorted to holding a fist over his mouth. After being on the road for hours, they were finally off the highway. It was a pleasant change in scenery—ideal for exploration and shoots. In his experience as a photographer, nature looked good on everyone.

"This is definitely the right way." The blond decided on a whim, slapping a hand back over Reirei's shoulder. "No, wait a minute—turn this way." He pointed as he gave directions, throwing a quick wink at Niamh, encouraging her to play along with him. Truth be told, Oliver didn't have the slightest clue as to where their destination was. However, he did know that a little adventuring never killed anyone important. Besides, this was their big summer break!

Noticing Chloe in the background, Olly suppressed a sigh. He wanted everyone to be having as much fun as he was. That was the point of the trip! "Chloe! We have to park soon." He called to her from the front of the vehicle. "You have to pick the camping spot, okay? Any clearing will do... What looks nice?"

Once she heard her voice she'd flinch, feeling chills all over her before she calmed down. She turned her head to the guy with a worried expression plastered on her face. "Do I have to?" The brunette whinned as she then looked back at the window. "Well okay..how about some place that's..s-safe? That we don't get in trouble for.."

"M-Maybe we should just turn around and go to some place that's..legal for this sort of situation." She said with a bit of hope, but really she was just begging.

White Stag White Stag Xylona Xylona spookie spookie Noivian Noivian

Niamh Quinn

Nim nodded to Olly, leaning above Reirei. Orange locks bounced into his face and she quickly pulled them back with a giggle. "Yeah, yeah! Turn that way! Then cut left up here. I'm sure this is right." She said confidently, shrugging to the blonde over their driving friend. "We just gotta get a little further in so that nobody bothers us while she sleep." She reasoned lamely. Neither of them had any idea where they were going, and that was the best part of the adventure. After all, they were in a group. Surely they'd be fine. This was like.. a normal thing in Oregon. At least she hoped it was. Every trail had to lead somewhere, and she wanted to go as far in as they could. For adventuring purposes.

Her thoughts briefly drifted to the Blair Witch Project, and she glanced at Olly's camera. "Wait until we get deeper in to pick a spot, Chloe! Don't be so worried. After all, we'll be fine as long as the Blair Witch doesn't find us." She smirked, turning around to wiggle her eyebrows at their quiet friend. She felt bad that Chloe felt sick, but was convinced that once they stopped she'd lighten up.

Once a good fifteen minutes had passed, Nim was fairly happy with where they were going. Her eyes stared out the window in awe at the large trees and thick brush. However, as the forest grew thicker, the path became more rural. And they'd taken so many turns that getting back suddenly didn't seem so easy. She knew they could do it in the morning though. A low sputter was starting to emit from their poor bus, but Nim figured it was just tired or something. Then again, she didn't know anything about cars. "Maybe we should stop soon and give our bus a break. It's really pretty here anyway." She said happily.

coding by cychotic

tumblr_inline_op280oCQzg1qe81ui_540.gif
Reirei frowned, but lamely followed directions. They seemed to know where they were going, who was he to argue? Despite Chloe’s obvious discomfort, he drove on, heading deeper into the forest. Reirei, in all honest, was with Chloe on this one. As much as he loved exploring and being with his friends, he’d rather be sleeping in a hotel than in a tent in the woods. He had forgotten to pack bug spray, after all, so he was going to itch after one night out here. Besides, one would think an active trail would be marked.

Reirei’s heart dropped into his gut when the van started to sputter. The road was harsh, and the pretty much ruined suspension was the least of their problems at this point. The gas gauge was reading low in the final third. Reirei wouldn’t be surprised in the latest if the battery shorted out, or perhaps something got caught in the underside of the van. He wasn’t an expert engineer or mechanic, but Reirei was ninety-five percent sure he was the only one of them who knew anything about cars, even if it was just how to change oil, replace vents, and jump a battery. It was probably more than anyone else here, who might as well only know how to fill a gas tank. Speaking of gas, Reirei didn’t like how low the gauge was getting. If he managed to repair the van at all, they’d need what was left to get back to the road.

Pulling to the side of a small clearing, the van managed to putter to a halt before Reirei parked and turned off the car, putting on the parking break for good measure. Once the key was back in his pocket, he put both hands back on the wheel and firmly looked ahead, towards the road. “We can’t go anywhere if the car’s broken. Why don’t you guys start unloading the camping stuff while I take a look at the engine?” Reirei usually wasn’t the leaderly types, but in times of crisis (which admitably weren’t that many in his life) he’s been known to be able to step up.

White Stag White Stag MochiHaru MochiHaru spookie spookie Xylona Xylona

Users who are viewing this thread

Back