• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hiding in the Shadows (Closed)

monochromegalaxy

Lord of the Fries
Night had fallen over the bustling metropolis of London, the waning moon rising above the horizon. Little by little, London’s citizens retire to their homes, save for the small fraction of the late-night wanderers. Pubs and taverns piled up with drunken patrons and families or lone dwellers sat by their heaters to protect them from the early spring chill. Proof that winter had served its time tormenting London and its people with days of snowstorms, icy roads and high demand of coffee is the half-melted snow that lined the gutters and hugged tree branches.

A cab came to a stop in front of a corner building, all the windows dark but one. The cab’s passenger hopped out. It was a young woman, fresh out of her teenage years, bundled up in a coat that was slightly larger than herself and a worn-out scarf. She waved to the other passenger as the cab rode off, her cheeks and nose red from the cold and previous… Activities. The young ginger then rushed up to the steps of the building, her hand fumbling around in her pockets.

“Where are my damn keys?” After a few seconds of searching, the door creaked open, Evelyn standing there with an obviously fake smile. She had her parasol with her, her right hand gripping onto it with a snake-like grip. Her white blouse was stained with red, her long tweed skirt in tatters. Evelyn’s dark hair was matted with sweat and blood; which had already dried up. It was evident the bounty hunter duo had returned from a job, and the young woman, the duo’s assistant, had stayed out too late forgetting the two were bound to return that night.

“Jackie,” Evelyn began, letting out a ‘tsk’ whilst shaking her head. “Didn't I tell you to tidy up the place before we left or receive orders? I was told the place was empty by a colleague of mine.”

“I-I’m so sorry, miss Marshall,” Jackie stuttered, shaking. “I–well, um…” Evelyn climbed up the steps, gesturing the girl to follow her. Jackie reluctantly followed. She led Jackie to a messy office, two desks on each side of the room, Duke's and Evelyn's, full of books and papers. Unwashed mugs remained on the desks. The love seat and coffee table that occupied some of the large space between the desks also had stacks of files.

Scripted Away Scripted Away

Something was moving.
In the spotty light of the street lamps lining up at the roads' sides, a shadow moved, slow at first, like an eerie scheme trying to outmatch the nights darkness, but soon quicker and quicker, and it left the town behind it and approached the nearby forest.
Even though the shadow was possessing an awful posture, it's back bent over in a slouching walk, it still appeared to be intimidatingly tall, and the way it walked actually just made it appear even more animalistic than it already was, with it's claw-like fingernails, pointy canines and ears and general hairyness.

The creature looked up at the moon for a moment, before it slowly, with the disgusting sounds of crunching bones and ripping flesh, transformed into a massive, wolf-like creature with proportions that just looked so wrong. It's fore-and hind-legs, it's paws, it all seemed too long, while the rather small, pointy ears were still sitting oddly far on the sides of its head, and its snout looked too short.
The thin, greyish brown fur was barely able to cover anything, excepting that one place where it was thick and full-grown on its head, running all the way down it's neck and back, to its tail.
It could have been easily mistaken with a blank, dumb killing machine, a creature that only relied on its petrifyingly nightmarish appearance and strength to survive, but the wakeness in its shining yellow eyes told a different story, of a creature that was the perfect killer.
Smart, strong, able to freeze its victims in fear.

The creature threw back its head and screamed a howl into the sky that lay somewhere between medieval torturing chamber Ambiente and a wolf with flour in it's throat, before it raced into the forest.
The breaking of twigs and rustling of leaves was heard, until the nightmarish wolf trotted out of the forest again, covered in blood and licking it's muzzle.
After it had transformed back into a man...more or less..., It headed back to the city, gave itself a quick cat wash in a rain Barrell, to get rid of the blood, and lastly stomped up the stairs of a corner building, just to stop behind a young woman in a messy office.

"Ah you cleaned up", Duke grunted with one raised eyebrow, having to duck here because he was about one head higher than the room.
"Good work."
He yawned with his tongue sticking out, like a dog, before turning to greet his partner.
"N'evening, Ev. In case you're thirsty-"
He held up an XXL bottle of coke...just that it was filled with blood.
"Got dinner. Bear. A delicious wild note and one animal less to kill happy-go-lucky wanderers out there in the woods."

Jackie laughed sheepishly, twiddling her thumbs. She averted her gaze back to the mess, already feeling guilty for not being more responsible. They do pay her well for a mere assistant role. It might be because of the potential danger she may be involved in due to the fact they're bounty hunters? Jackie stepped further into the office to clean up, skimming over file labels and stacking them accordingly. Evelyn turned to Duke, greeting the werewolf with a smile.

"Good evening to you, Duke." As he held up the XXL bottle of Coke, Evelyn opened her mouth to protest but held back as soon as the smell of blood filled her senses. She inhaled deeply, eyes fluttering closed. She shut her mouth and smiled at the sweet scent. As she exhaled, she opened them again, her smile growing. "How lovely of you. Although, your gift wrapping, or in this case, bottling, needs some improvement," she teasingly criticised as she took the bottle. "You don't give a lady a gift in such vessels, my dear. It's almost like you're saying I'm as cheap as this bottle," Evelyn ended in a sad note (feigning it), turning away with a hand to her face to conceal her pursed lips as she strained a chortle.

Outside the building, just down the street, was a well-dressed man running as fast as his stumpy legs could carry him. He was pale, droplets of sweat running down his face and darkening the top of his dress shirt collar. The man stopped short in front of the very building Evelyn, Duke, and Jackie currently occupy, fishing out a piece of paper from his pocket. It read,

The International Commission of Rogue Supernaturals Recovery
London Branch
2 Knight Boulevard

He folded the paper back up and shoved it hastily into his coat pocket before climbing up the steps, rapping on the door as loud as he can. He looked over his shoulder, whispering silent prayers to himself.

'Please don't follow please don't follow please don't follow–'

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back