• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hiding and Fighting w/ Meisaki

LunaticLove

Queen of the Nerds
When one thinks of a knight, the words that come to mind are often those such as noble, strong, brave, and fierce. This is true for the knights that guard the country of Alnwick from demons that prowl the earth killing humans. The Paladin order of knights was created when the first of the demons came from the underworld to earth. They are trained at the art or killing these demons firstly, then how to defend against other human evils. Paladins are trained and tested often against demons who attack villages. The demons have any shape and size imaginable but every single one can be killed by having its heart crushed or impaled. This is the y to kill them in defiantly.

Every year, the Paladins hold a contest called The Trials to find the best swords men to join their ranks. Out of thousands competing, only a hundred and twenty of the boys were skilled enough to earn the right of becoming a trainee. An older Paladin will take under and train one of the future knights while fulfilling their normal duties. After the first six months, the trainees are but back to the test against their peers to find the best of the best. Out of the hundred and twenty trainees, eighty will pass the week long skill test and become full Paladins.

The Trails are open to all, rich or poor. All, except ladies. No women should hold a sword, much less learn to use one or defend herself. ;)

Are you up to the pressure and the training of becoming the best of the best? Can you survive under a Paladin and measure up to the test? Could you hide your gender or lineage from everyone? Let's find out!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ask for the following in people wanting to join the roleplay:

- Grammar and punctuation! (No one is perfect though.)

- At least 5 to 7 sentences per post!

- If you role play in first perosn , like me, put the name of your character on the top of the post.

- Try and reply at least twice a day. Please!

Samantha Stanson

tumblr_mpb1cvYZ2E1rw960oo1_500.jpg

Male name: Samuel Stockton.

Biography: Samantha's family is poor and her mother got attacked and killed by a demon. Her father who is a little too old only has daughters and asked her to become a knight in disguise to avenge her mother's death and to protect future families. Samantha had promised her father, she cut her hair into a pixie boyish cut to make herself look like a man. She trained before the competition and actually got in. Now she has to keep up the good work and not have her cover be blown!

(No traits, I will put them up later! I want to uncover some of her traits while Rp-ing.)

She likes it when there is enough food for her family.

Likes it when her swords are polished and not dull

Likes it when she has proper armor so she won't get attacked.

Dislikes:

Hates the silence, she thinks something threatening is coming

Hates the demons with a passion

Hates when she is useless and since she can't fight being a girl

Likes in Men:

She likes it when they are nice but serious

Likes it when they clever in plans

Loves it when they take care of her. (She never had a boyfriend)

Dislikes:

She hates it when they make fun of her

Hates it when they abuse her items that she has, especially from her family

Hates it when they try to take over her and try to use her.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fine just give me three likes and three dislikes. So I know how to push her buttons and sweetener up. ;)

Braeden Malikil

still-of-ben-barnes-in-the-chronicles-of-narnia:-prince-caspian-(2008)-large-picture.jpg

Armor:
fantasy-knight-tools_clean.jpg9a720756-912e-4ccb-9d60-fb9f63fdf80eLarger.jpg%5Bimg%5D

(I write in first person POV.)

Braeden

The sound of swords meeting swords brought chills down my spine and my blood pumping father with adrenaline. Two boys out of a thousand spared before me in a small circle made up of other boys ready to duel. The pair was quite odd, one boy dressed in the fine clothing of a noble while the other was in the rags of a poor family. No matter the clothing or family status, both lads fought with great might as they dueled for the chance of being a Paladin. A quick thrust from the poor boy was matched with a slightly slower par, causing the later boy to be lightly cut across the right bicep.

"Winner: Phillip Agularia!" I called out as the pair dropped their tight stances. The noble boy stomped to the armory table and threw his sword onto the pile of weapons placed there. He was out of the run to become a trainee and being a sore loser about it, while the poor looking boy was looking down at his feet as he walked over to join the league of other boys that will be fighting today.

I glanced down at the parchment listing the names of all the pairs competing and placed a circle around Phillip's name. "Next pairing: Samuel Stockton and Myles Rexion."

(You can have the other boy look as you wish but make the battle realistic if you can. First draw of blood wins.)

(I'll do my best in first person! :) )

My eyes widened a little as the man called my name. I knew I had to do my best to get in. I've been training so long for this moment, I remember my father's words linger in my head. "Do this...for your mother. Avenge us and your future.." I gulped and stepped up to the ring. I knew Myles but I wasn't very close to him so he wouldn't notice me as a girl.

He was richer than me but I wasn't as poor where I could only afford rags. Once the man nodded his head to start the spar. I saw Myles black hair drip with sweat. He was nervous. We both walked in a half circle and Myles lunged at me. Wrong move, I quickly dodged it by rolling and hit him in the shin causing him to fall. I saw blood from his knee and my eyes widened. I won! I really won! Now I just had to wait for the man to declare the winner.

(You can rp in any POV I just prefer for myself to rp in first.)

Braeden

I watched as the two new boys stepped up and circled. The blonde boy had a grace to him that showed years of practice and ease with a weapon while the black haired lad was stronger looking and cocky. When Myles lunged I knew the battle would be swift. The blonde, Samuel, dodged with speed and slashed Myles shin drawing blood. I called the end of the match and dismissed Myles but kept Samuel on the field. "Samuel and Jared Parkinson. Par!"

I wanted to see more of the blondes skills since he had won to quickly in the first match. When the broad Parkinson ambled forward, I knew the match would be a true battle of who was the strongest and the quickest.

;) [emoji14]

(I actually want to try this. Something new for me ^~^)

Samantha

As I head my name get called, I sighed in relief and panted. I stepped towards the announcer and went inside the tent behind him where all the winners have gone. As I went in the tent, I saw everyone eating food. Quickly, I took a plate of food and started eating like I haven't ate in days. Some of the the other winners looked at me, surprised that I was poor. Most of the winners were rich and maybe five or six winners were poor like me. Some were poorer but others were like me. The very poor ones got bullied. I felt bad honestly but I'd rather not start something.

I finished my food and a victor sat next to me. "What's your name?" He asked. "Samuel. Parkinson." I responded, "Yours?" "Lewis Mitchells." He said. I nodded in response and took a sip of water from the cup. "Do you know when we get to train?" He asked. I shook my head in response. To be honest, I thought the leaders chose who they wanted to work with. Anyway, I didn't know. Lewis seemed nice and someone I could work with. However, I couldn't get close with him just in case I develop feelings or if he finds out.

Braeden

Once the first rounds were over, the winners of that round fought again, over and over until only a hundred and twenty were left. Through the whole day, I kept at the field, watching the sparing and calling out winners. I was watching one of the last rounds of The Trails when a gruff voice spoke behind me. "Good lot this year, Braeden?" I glanced over my shoulder at my old master, Paladin Julian, as he watched the spar before us. I nodded my head, looking back at the blonde Samuel battle another boy. "As they are every year, master Julian," I said as the ring of the boys swords clashing sounded out.

Both of the boys were sweating and exhausted from the long day under armor and harsh sun. I glanced down at the sheet listing the names and saw that Samuel was fighting a boy named Gilbert. The battle would be true and hard, as it should be with being the last round, and the winner would be the finest.

Samantha

As we all got out, Lewis wished me good luck when we were going to fight. I told him the same as well. Luckily, he made it. Now...my turn was coming up. I was looking around to see who was left. Mostly rich kids who were good. It would be a challenge but I have to try my best in order to win and to avenge my family. I checked myself to see if anything was scratched or showing. I had to use a wrap to cover my chest, it was very tight but I could take the pressure. I looked up when my name was called up.

I walked in the ring again and saw a red headed boy with short hair look at me. He was a rich kid...great...The match started and we didn't move. He started to swing but I dodge however, he expected my next moved and dodged it. I was a little caught off guard but he came at me and threw me off, I fell to the ground and he aimed to strike at my chest..like I was a demon. I quickly took my sword and he kneeled on top of me, trying to pierce me, he was so strong, my arms were shaking. Luckily, I was strong enough to break him and push him to the ground onto his back. Then, I hit him and sliced his leg. However, even though he showed blood first, he still came after me. He hit my back, hard but not to expose any blood. I fell to the ground. "Ah.." I sighed, knowing that the match was over now.

Braeden

I was about to call Samuel as the winner when the vengeful Gilbert lunged at the boy and knocked him flat on his face. My master got to the red head before I was able to, and carted the fuming lad away from the field. I felt almost bad for the boy, knowing how well my master took angry fits over calm moves. The red head was likely to get an earful and maybe even a cuff to the head as the worse of his punishment though since Gilbert wasn't my master's charge.

I held out a hand for the blonde still on the ground and hefted him to his feet. When he was steady and with his sword at his side, I turned to the crowd of boys to give out the speech. My master was once in charge of the overview of the wannabe Paladins and so therefore the task was handed down to me. "If The Trials were for women I would say congratulations, but seeing as we are all men I will not do so. As men you all know that today was just the beginning of a long and harrowing journey into our ranks. You will be tried, tested, and thrown over the edge because we will prepare you for battles against those foul demons that kill our people. Some of you may fall and go screaming over the edge like women," I paused as some of the boys laughed, "but some of you will soar over that edge and land on the other side as stronger and better men, able to defend those in need!" The crowd of boys who a minute ago were about to collapse in exhaustion began to cheer and hoot. "Are you ready to train to soar in both mind and body?! Or will you leave now?!" I paused, glancing around at the group of boys, seeing as some of them internally grew brave or withered. One boy even dropped his sword and walked out of the crowd. When no one else moved I began again, "Each one of you will be assigned to an older Paladin who you will train under for the first six months, after that you will be tried and tested for a week during Hades Week. If you survive you will be Paladins, the Greatest of Greats." I stepped back to allow Paladin Lyons to announce the trainees and their Paladin. I began to walk off and head back to my quarters when my name was announced, followed by Samuel Stockton.

-WB77

Samantha

As I heard my name being called after the Master, I looked up to see that it was the man that helped me up before. I gave a small smile but then followed him. He now was my master. I noticed that he was very handsome. I blushed to myself a little bit but quickly went back to being serious. I couldn't develop any emotions for anyone while I was undercover.

When I was going to start training, I would have to keep little conversation and to not look at him straight in the eye. Honestly, Master Braedan looked scary on the serious side. He was very tough looking and had a strong built. His dark his was shiny. I couldn't stop looking at him and almost got lost looking at him. When he caught me staring at him, I quickly looked down and followed him into the tent. This was it, my first day being with a master now to train me. I was going to become a knight, I will avenge my family and my future.

(For Braedan and Samantha/Samuel, should each Master and their trainee have like a separate tent/room together?)

(Sticking them into one room would make it easier, but if you want to ask for a separate room then go ahead.)

Braeden

I glanced back at my new blonde shadow with ill disguised contempt. The short trainee was to small and, dare I say, pretty to have passed the first round against the larger boys competing but now the tiny lad was my trainee. I myself had finished in the top of the swordsmanship division and in the middle in the knives division, but some how managed to get assigned the runt of the litter. I thought after all my years of faithfulness to the Paladins that I would get the pick of the crowd for my trainee.

Ever since the end of my own apprenticeship I had been looking forward to the day I got my own trainee. He would be cut from the same cloth as me and we would be like brothers. But now he was stuck with the runt. Speaking of runt...

When we reached the tent, I pivoted on my heel and glanced down about four inches to the boy. "For the next two days we will have to share this tent. When we move out to the Northern Region we will be traveling and finding rooms as we stop, two separate rooms. Understood, boy?"

-WB77

(Yea that's what I meant, for them to share a room instead of having other masters being in the room)

Samantha

"Understood, boy?" Master Braeden asked. I nodded in agreement and went to my side of the room. I placed my sword and other weapons on my bed making sure that my weapons were sharp and not dull. God...I hated it when my weapons were dull and useless. I slowly looked at Master Braeden. He was so tall, I was a bit shocked. It made me really look like a girl when I was next to him.

Honestly, Master Braeden didn't look so happy or interested in getting assigned with me. That was okay though...I'll try to be the best apprentice he's ever had. He won't regret it. I tried not to look at him so much. My hair was oily and sweaty from fighting but at least the bandage around my chest wasn't sweaty. If it was, I would have to change it so it wouldn't cause irritation. That was my lifesaver or else I'd be caught immediately. I sat on my cot while my weapons were beside me.

Braeden

The silence between the lad and I was broken by the sweet sound of metal vs metal as I pulled my sword being pulled from its scabbard and laid it across my cot. Already there were two broadswords leaning against the end of the cot, ready to be used in the training of young Samuel.

I glanced back over my shoulder at the lad sitting with his weapons, and noticed how tired and filthy he looked after the day of hard battles. The hint of a smile graced my lips as I took in his sweat soaked clothing and oily hair. "There is a tub in the back part of the tent. You can get water from the spring about 3 minutes to the south of the camp. Soap is in the clothes next to the tub."

Without thinking about it I pulled off my shirt forgetting about the scars that litter my back. After when I dropped the old shirt on the bed my eyes widened. "Shit!" I yelled pulling on the new shirt to cover my upper body. Turning around, my gaze locked with the younger lad, a mix of anger and fear clouding my vision. Had the boy seen the burns, cuts, and slashes from my father?

(Plot twist! Haha.)

-WB77

Samantha

My eyes had widened when Master Braden started panicking about his back. He was really good looking but I looked down. However, I tried moving back to the conversation before. "I'll do that later tonight..Have to sharpen my weapons.." I told Master. I took out my sharpener, the one I always use to sharpen my weapons and started to sharpen my sword. It sounded like a screech but I was used to the sound by now. I did it quickly so the sword looked like the sword was turning red and getting sharper by the second.

I finished my main sword and started to sharpen my knives. They weren't as dull as the sword but I liked to keep everything uniform. I then finished sharpening the swords and knives and started to lay back in the cot. I took my shoes off and put them next to the cot. I sighed knowing that I'll have to train very hard to get in. I just wish it wouldn't be so long..

(So did she see the scars are not?)

Braeden

When the lad didn't sy anything I sagged in relief. My past wasn't really one I was keen to discus with anyone. In fact the last time I had to talk about it Master Lyon had to literally threaten my life if I didn't tell him. I remember the day quite well because it was so strange and also my first day as a trainee.

*flashback*

I had been taking a much needed bath as the rest of the camp ate evening meal when a voice spoke up to my right. "My god, boy, what happened to you? Were you a demon chew toy?" I had jumped about ten feet into the air and had pulled on my old shirt in a second flat. "Y-yes sir," I replied in a shaky voice. I hadn't recognise it at the time, but the submissive nature beaten into me caused me to drop my head around almost anyone. When I thought the man had walked away, I glanced up and, instead, saw him studying me. "Who was it?" He asked in an almost whisper which was odd because the older man was like a teen at heart and in voice. I had lowered my eyes again and refused to answer for several moments until my new master had grabbed my head with both his hands and forced me to stare into his eyes. When I flinched backwards from him he nodded, "Yer papa, then" he said sadly, his slight Irish accent making the words heavy.

*End of Flashback*

I smiled at the memory through the sadness, remembering the months that followed in which the burly man’s tough love attitude slowly brought me out of my previous meek self and made me into a strong warrior who would never be beaten into submission again.

-WB77

(Yea but she was confused and didn't really care)

Samantha

I was quiet for a few minutes. It was truly awkward between us. I decided to break the silence. "I...I think it's time for the evening meal now.. shall go now if I am excused." I said, waiting for him to respond to tell me to stay or leave. I was;t very hungry but I wanted to wait and see if everyone was there to take a bath. I didn't stand like I usually did as a girl, I stood straight and tilted my head downward.

I had looked around in the tent, noticing that it was in perfect condition. No scratches or rips, it was like a new tent had been fabricated for everyone. It gave a dark red reflection and made my skin look redder than usual. I looked around more and there was only the sharpening desk and a battle preparation desk. Plus our cots and few others things that I couldn't quite make out. I had sighed and looked at the back of Master's head, waiting for his answer.

Braeden

My previous smile dropped quickly as my new trainee asked to be dismissed for evening meal. I started to say no to the runt but remembered my masters kindness to me in my first week and nodded my head. "Yes, we can go to eat. Follow me kid." I pulled open the 'door' of the tent and stepped back to let Samuel exit the tent as well. I grabbed my sword and sheathed it at my hip before leading the way to the 'Grub Hut' as the other men called it. It wasn't so much a hut as a big covered pit dug into the ground to make a deep room with a log and canvas roof. We walked downwards into the doorway of the hut as were greeted by both the noise of the men and the heat of the cooking fire. A line of men were waiting for their serving of tonights dinner along the east wall while the men who were already served sat at one of the four long tables in the middle of the room. Just yesterday only two tables were here but with the newly increased numbers of men, another two tables had been added.

I led Samuel over to the end of the food line, all the while looking about the room of my fellow comrades. Many men nodded in my direction or even called out a greeting to me, to which I returned.

-WB77

Samantha

I stayed quiet the whole time we walked there. Once we entered the Grub Hut, I looked around and watched other men eat like barbarians. I knew that I needed a bath but I had to do it quickly before I lose my chance. Once I got a plate, I put very little food which I can eat in a minute and brought it over to a table filled with other trainee's. I guess this was the time where Master's and Trainee's can flee from each other. After a couple minutes had passed by, I had excused myself to leave. Now was my chance to head to the bath house.

I entered slowly and put my ear against the door...no one was there luckily. I made my way in there carefully with a towel by my side. I then placed it next to me, getting ready to strip my clothes.

Braeden

Even though I didn't appreciate the boy being so small, I almost called out for him to come back and eat with me like some of the other masters eating with their trainee. As I got my bowl of the nights meal, I walked to the table holding all the mentors and their trainees. One of the Paladins, Maliki called out my name and motioned me over to him standing towards the corner of the room. When I got to him he swung his arm over my shoulder and nearly knocked our heads together before speaking lowly, "Braeden, we have a little bit of a situation and I need to ask you something." He lifted his head to look and see if other people where looking towards us before continuing, "We have reports of a band of demons coming towards our camp but we don't have the time to evacuate everyone IF the threat is true in the first place." He glanced up into my eyes and I saw the panicked look which robbed me of breathe aside from one sentence, "How many?"

"About 2,000 from what the report says."

-WB77

Users who are viewing this thread

Back