• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hidden Magic // (All spots full!)

Characters
Here
Terran

It was surprising that Terran was able to get any sleep. Terran assisted Dixie as she rearranged the furniture, with Loire's permission of course, and he listened to the news of what happened. He had heard the term Death Eater from the old woman before, said that he would stay away from the name if he knew what was good for him. He always had a curiosity for them however, Terran had a large scar on his chest since he could remember and he felt as if something bad happened to his parents, that they just didn't give him up. The old woman didn't share much about his adoption or any information on before his adoption but he knew his parents were caught up in a bad group and murdered. He didn't have any additional information, but... the pieces just fit together. They were some forgotten relic of the past until today.

Another thing that kept him up that night was what Dixie had said. His story was sad? Terran knew it wasn't the ideal fairy tale, but he had never once thought it was sad up until now. She didn't hate him, instead she sympathized with him, Dru, and her sister. Maybe if Terran didn't have such a fear of relationships things wouldn't have ended up so sad, he actually went over what happened often in his head and kicked himself over it, so much so that he actually convinced himself he was a bad person for the way he lived. He thought of Dixie's family life and how she must have had something similar happen to be able to relate so well. He had a million questions, all of which would have to wait until a later date and time.

All he knew presently was his body hurt, he didn't sleep worth a damn and now they had to wake up and face their current issues once more. Terran wasn't quite thrilled about it, but Serraphina's energy was positive and encouraging. No wonder her and Dixie were such good friends. "Yes, I do believe showing fear to the students is only going to cause more harm than anything." He did his best to stand from the cot with his usual warm smile on his face, looking over at Dixie as he did. "Don't worry, if anything happens I'm quite capable in a duel. I'll protect you and the students should the need arise." And with that said he headed out after Serraphina to the dining hall.

It was clear Serraphina was trying to avoid the topic of last nights events much to Hunter's dismay. "Well if you showed up to dinner last night my friend you wouldn't be so confused. Your questions will be better answered once we're away from the student's, but I'm sure there will be new rules going from today forward." Terran placed some food on his plate and broke up a croissant so he could give it to Fleur in his pocket.

Larkyn

Larkyn didn’t know what was in store for the rest of the year now, surely the news would change the structure of things. At least one would think. Their school and community was the baby sister of London and the Ministry but they were still close enough to be worried about the situation. After he had shared the news everyone kind of kept to themselves a bit, well save for Sapphira who Larkyn had the unfortunate task of explaining what a death eater was. Not that he minded, she was just out of the loop. The unfortunate part was that he had to speak about the issue at all. Death eaters were supposed to have gone away after the first wizarding war, of course there would always be radicals and stragglers but… there shouldn’t have been enough for this.

Larkyn barely slept, he found himself seated by the window, watching the sky and dozing off here and there. When it came time to wake and head down to the hall for breakfast and any other announcements, he had an insane stiffness in his neck and couldn’t help but regret his decision to keep on watch. Loire seemed to already be gone but himself and the others all made their way down to the hall. When they arrived they found that Hunter and Dru were already present alongside his sister, which now made him think that their absence had less to do with lesson plans and more to do with his sisters old tricks.

“See guys, I told you all Dru is capable. She’s not the type of girl who needs protecting.” Larkyn smiled over at his fiancé, leaning across the table to place a quick kiss on her forehead. He felt awful for not going and looking for her but again, he knew she would be okay and that he shouldn’t risk breaking any rules the headmistress had put in place. Larkyn took a seat and made himself a small plate, listening as the others talked amongst themselves. Terran was right, they should save this conversation for later when the students couldn’t possibly overhear them. “We can all talk about it when we get back to the house this evening. By then I’m sure I’ll get more information as well. We can plan to maybe have a meal there instead of in the hall so we have the time.”

Larkyn hoped to get ahold of his boss as well as possibly some coworkers in London, get more of a clue on what the hell happened and if there was anything they should be looking out for on their side of things. “Plus I have the morning rounds today since there’s no flight class so I really must eat and run. But I promise I’ll try and get everyone some more answers okay?”

Druella “Dru” Arville

Dru was honestly at a loss for words, for multiple reasons. One, she got no snark back in response to her questions. At least not the normal Hunter level of snark. Two, he was looking for hidden switches? She didn’t even know where to begin with that one. And finally three, he was being what one might consider… nice? That is of course assuming he had the ability. But listening to him talk about teaching and helping her out, it was almost like she was listening to a completely different person than the one she thought she knew. When she did finally say something, it wasn’t snarky either, it was genuine interest. “When you say you train them, you’re talking about others who do stunts like what you did back at the benefit? Like it’s not just you and Cyrus?” Dru wasn’t surprised that it was a group, there were plenty of different political activist groups around, but she was fairly shocked to hear that Hunter could be a part of anything even remotely organized. “That’s actually mildly impressive.”

Hunter mentioned the cards and it made her chuckle softly, “You think you were his only gambling partner? Only mine wasn’t during detention. Mine was because I finished work quicker than my peers. Hooligan.” She jested at him but the smile on her face wasn’t one of malice, it was genuine. As much as Dru hated to admit it, he had made her feel better and made her have a much better outlook on the up coming year. Though she would never admit it out loud.

The two spent the night playing games and talking, it was shockingly pleasant. No one ever came for them. Which was slightly hurtful, more than slightly actually but she tried to keep it pushed down deep. It’s not like she was somewhere strange… she was in her own classroom. Yet Larkyn never came. At some point Dru fell asleep, curled up in her desk chair with her teachers robes over herself like a blanket. It wasn’t the best sleep in the world but it was better than nothing, so much so that she was straight pissed when it was interrupted by the sound of the door opening and Hunters voice.

“Is it morning?” Dru woke up and stretched, peering out the window and seeing the sunlight. Behind her Loire went into her rapid explanation of things and Dru felt ready to throw up right then and there. Death eaters, attack, they killed a student? It was all too much to process in such little time! Dru hadn’t even fully woken up before Loire was running off and Hunter was after her calling for Dru to catch up. “H-Hold on!” She jumped out of the chair and quickly pulled her robes on correctly before running out into the hall after the other two. As she moved the thoughts began to swirl around in her head, that must have been why no one came for them. She was sure that the chaos of the news must have caused some changes last night, Larkyn was an auror to so he probably got called away on business right?

Wrong. The three of them had been in the dining hall for moments when the others all started to arrive, notably in their same clothes from yesterday much like Hunter and herself. Only that wasn’t what struck her, what struck her was her fiancé strolling in with everyone without a single worry on his face. Well, okay maybe he did look worried but not enough! As if that wasn’t bad enough the words that left his mouth when they walked up to the table felt like a stab to the heart.

“Right. Capable.” Dru physically winced away when Larkyn kissed her forehead. The news about the death eaters was already causing her a shit ton of anxiety, it felt stupid to get upset over a boy right now but dammit she was hurt. They were ENGAGED, they were supposed to love each other! Yet something like this was happening last night and he didn’t want to break any rules?! “Sometimes it would be nice to be saved.” Dru said the last part under her breath, turning her attention to the food in front of her and pushing the food around on her plate as the others spoke.

They were all right, they should talk about this back at the house in the privacy of their own living quarters. THEY should talk. Dru would be trying her best to avoid the subject entirely. Her family had death eaters in it. Extended. Cousins. Etc. But still they were there.

Sapphira brought up more pleasant conversation and Dru was thankful for the small distraction. “My students hate me, so there’s that.” Larkyn was already seeming to be on the move, causing Dru to roll her eyes slightly. Always so worried about everyone else.

Dixie

Dixie knew what death eaters were simply because of her job at the school, before that they were never mentioned in her life. Part of her always thought that they should at least teach the history a bit more in school so that those coming from muggle backgrounds like herself would have a better understanding but… that was a battle for another day. The knowledge of the attack and their return didn’t scare Dixie; it enraged her. There were very few things that she got angry about and injustice was one of them, especially when it involved children. The patrons at the World Cup had done nothing to deserve what happened to them. No one deserved that sort of terror except maybe those inflicting it themselves!

At some point Dixie was finally able to get some sleep on one of the couches, waking in the morning to the first light to find Loire already gone and the others slowly stirring. Dixie got up alongside them and did her best to make herself a bit more presentable before heading down to the dining hall. Her braided hair was now down in waves and she had her teachers robes around her shoulders to hide the now wrinkled outfit from the day before. Terran spoke up from where he stood from the cot and she turned and gave him a wary smile, “I appreciate that. But trust me if anyone gets near those students they’ll have worse to worry about.” It was almost eerie, the tone in her voice matched with her face but oh well. Turtle found himself a spot on her shoulder and soon the two of them were on their way.

When they all arrived they found Loire sitting with Hunter and Dru. “Morning.” Dixie tried her best to sound cheery but it was hard given the severity of last night. “Sapphira is right, we missed you both. Hope you had a decent night, considering everything.” She wasn’t sure if they knew fully what had happened but what came out of Hunters mouth next confirmed her suspicions. Terran shut it down and the others backed him up, thankfully that seemed to suffice for Hunter for now.

The conversation turned lighter and Dixie felt herself relax a tiny bit. “Oh jee wiz, I’m sure everyone is doing just swell! Terran did amazing with the students yesterday, I’m sure you’re just being hard on yourself Dru.” Larkyn was quickly moving, he seemed a bit out of sorts this morning so Dixie chimed in to Sapphiras question about flying. “All of my first years yesterday were RAVING about their flying class Larkyn. Again, I’m sure everyone is doing swell.”

Loire

One week later

After a week of being on lockdown, a week of nothing but work, stress, and awkward tension the lockdown finally ended. It was a nightmare. Larkyn was working most of the time, Cyrus and her were not on speaking terms, Serraphina and Dixie were way too positive, and Hunter was acting like everyone's fucking best friend. Dru was tolerable at best, her usual MO, and if it wasn't for Max she would of probably went insane. To celebrate the end of lockdown the rag tag bunch of teachers was encouraged (pretty much given no option) but to go out on the town. Something about showing the children that there's nothing to be scared of? Not that it really mattered to her, at least she was getting out of the house.

As the ferry started to dock Loire quickly moved to Cyrus's side and sat in the seat next to him. "If you're done being so pestilent then we should meet for lunch. I'm ready to forgive you for being so rude the past week." She gave him a small, playful smirk. The silence between the pair was absolutely killing her and she had to break it. They had been apart for so long, and though she wasn't a chatty person she hated the tension between the two, but it would be a cold day in hell before she went back on what she said. He was going to get paid for his assistance in the library and she fucking meant it, it was just a matter of him getting over it and moving on with his life. Death eaters were making themselves public again, it was baffling to her how he could still be upset.

She was dressed in a black velvet, lace trimmed dress that hugged her tiny figure, her snow white hair done up in space buns, eyeliner, and her favorite black combat. She only came to town because she needed to grab a few things but she was using this opportunity to get back into his good graces, looking cute was step one. She just had a really shitty way of wording things, all she could do was be nice through her actions. Thankfully Cyrus seemed to always fall for unique charm. Well, he used to. “Meet at our usual spot?”

Sapphira

Was it just her or was there even more awkward tension in the air then when they first started to live there? The lockdown only made everything worse. It seemed as though Dru and Larkyn were having some sort of tiff, though it was more Dru mad that Larkyn didn't go looking for her. Sapphira didn't blame her, if she had a fiancé or even a partner she'd expect them to go looking for her too! He had a lot on his plate though, so he got a free pass in her book. Loire and Cyrus seemed extra prickly, and the students were all on edge. Was this death eater thing that big of deal? They had the Auror's to protect them, right? They'd be fine! So that whole week Sapphira remained even more positive as ever to lift everyone's spirits. Thankfully she had Dixie and Terran to help her.

After possibly one of the longest weeks of her life they were finally able to leave the island and Sapphira was SO excited. Despite the town not possessing even a third of stores New York City had there were still some cute boutiques, cafe's, and other magical stores she remembered frequenting as a student. Some of the boutiques had a selection that was even up to her standards, so in efforts to distract Dru she asked her to join Dixie and Sapphira for an afternoon of shopping until they dropped. She extended the invite to Loire, but she replied with "I'd rather just drop." One of these days she would get Loire to join the girls, but obviously it wasn't going to be today.

Did Sapphira dress a little extra today? Of course, she was a well off city girl who was dreadfully bored being stuck in the house. Her outfit consisted of a satin green romper, green flats, and diamond earrings with a matching diamond pendant. Her fire red hair fell down her shoulders and back in perfect waves, her makeup was neutral with a bold red lip. It was possible Sapphira may never find a partner unless it was some business partnership deal with one of her fathers friend, but at least she always looked nice? "Finally!" With a bright smile the 5'6" woman jumped to her feet as soon as the ferry docked. "Dru, Dixie, you ladies ready?" Sapphira flashed her smile to the girls before moving to leave, though she stopped briefly when she passed Loire. "Once again, if you'd like to join we'd love to have you. We'll be near the boutique's, OK?" No one here had cellphones, did they? She'd have to remedy that situation one of these days.

"Boys I hope you have a fun day too! Don't cause too much trouble." And with that she was making her way off of the ferry. "You guys shop here way more than I do, what are the best shops?"

Hunter

The death eaters played a huge part of why Hunter was the way he was. The meetings with his parents, being called the "chosen one" constantly, and their ever apparent prejudice against muggles always disturbed him. So instead of stressing out like so many of the other teachers and students Hunter took advantage of the lockdown and buckled in on his search for secrets. This school was involved somehow, if it wasn't the Headmistress wouldn't have been so freaked out.

He was almost onto something and he could feel it, the library sent shivers down his spine and he knew there was something there. Unfortunately the headmistress caught on to what Hunter was doing and intervened with him every time he got close to it. 'Did Cyrus send for you?' and then she always sent him away, she was a pain in the ass. So when he wasn't trying to find secrets he found himself naturally gravitating towards Dru. Larkyn was always busy, Loire and Cyrus didn't give her the time of the day, and the others bored him. That, and Dru seemed off kilter. While he supposed he didn't know her well enough to know her typical behavior he could tell she just seemed off. So he talked to her about class, played some card games with her back at the house, tried to distract her with conversation, and made sure she didn't feel alone. Maybe she just missed Larkyn? Hunter would be the first to admit he didn't understand anything about women, but at least he was trying.

Today was finally their first free day and he was SO stoked to get off the island, though admittedly he was a tad nervous. He had written a letter to the partner that ran their underground liberation front but had yet to receive anything back, Hunter could only assume they were up to something not so great. At a time like this, however, they should be laying low. With all of the mixed blood in the group they'd bound to be targeted by death eaters. "Have fun ladies, try not to get into trouble! Cyrus I'm busy today so watch over my girl for me will you?" With a cheesy grin he pat Loire on the head before making his way off of the ferry. He had to go check in on the group, make sure that they were aware of the things going on.

Druella “Dru” Arville

A week had now gone by of their torture and honestly parts of it were starting to get better. Others? Not so much. The students were starting to like her more and her classes were getting less awful. Hunter was shockingly actually helpful with all of that. Count her stunned. But then there was her current cold shoulder that she was giving Larkyn, though she wasn’t even sure he knew it. Ever since he decided she wasn’t worth it, Dru had barely spoken 10 words to the man. Didn’t seem to bother him though, he was far too busy to notice apparently. So she ended up spending most of her free time with Hunter, playing cards and talking about the world. She even shared that she was working on a draft of a policy that would make it illegal for the schools to exclude mixed blood or muggle born children in any way, it was super rough but… she was trying.

Today they were told to go out on an excursion. Told. Whatever though, Dru could use the time away from the school and back in the town, though she had to admit that the news of death eaters made her slightly uneasy. Being pureblood was a double edged sword, you got a lot of perks but you also got a lot of hate just because of your status. And her family was fairly well known, and well disliked.

“Yes!” Dru stood from her seat on the ferry and grabbed her leather satchel, making her way off the exit after Sapphira and Dixie. Honestly shopping was just the retail therapy she needed right now. “Loire, you should really join us after whatever other errands you have.” It was unlike her to invite her future sister in law to anything but who knew the next time they would be able to make a trip. “Unless you have something in your closet on campus, you’re going to need a formal dress soon.” The school had a tournament of games every year, it consisted of many small events like the quidditch matches and duels but also a few large ones. The Haddie Willow Ball was the kick off, a formal ball in honor of the first headmistress of the school who came up with the games.

As they went off Dru tossed a look back at Larkyn, who was already in his own mind so much that he didn’t even notice the boat had docked. “Whatever.” Dru turned and went on her way with the other two women.

-

“That dress looked amazing on you Dixie. Like it was made for you.” Dru smiled honestly over at the tall blonde as they all checked out at the counter of the small boutique. The girls had been shopping for what felt like ages and Dru actually started to feel a little better. She had even found a gorgeous dress to wear! It was Carmel colored satin and hugged what little curves she had. Of course it was after trying on a million that the girls told her we’re inappropriate but… oh well. Though at this point she wasn’t even sure she would have a partner to attend with, despite them all being forced to chaperone.

“Anyone need to make any other stops?”

Dixie

It was always a good day when they got to have a fun little excursion! That was how she was choosing to look at it at least. The world was falling apart and all she could do was try her best to move forward with a smile on her face. So excursion it was and they were going to have a good day dammit! So Dixie got ready in her flowy white and green Maxie dress and threw her hair into a bun and headed out with the others for the ferry. It was a welcome change after a week of being cooped up at the school. Not that she normally went out often during the school year but at least in a normal year she was able to have her own space to go to and relax. Now that she wasn’t able to hide out in the greenhouse everything felt so much smaller than it used too.

“Oh I’m just as excited as a pig in a junkyard!” Dixie nearly squealed as she hurriedly got out of her seat and followed after her best friend and Dru, tossing an arm gently around each of the girls as Sapphira told the boys to be good. Dixie turned and smiled at them all, “Don’t go doing nothing I wouldn’t do!”

-

The girls shopped forever, getting dresses for the upcoming ball and accessories to match. Dixie found a sad looking plant in the window of a shop and decided it HAD to go home with her. There was also a woman making hand made cushions, they were beautiful and she could only imagine Turtle would love one to sunbathe on.

“Oh thank ya Dru.” Dixie smiled over at the woman who was being strangely pleasant. “I like the dresses everyone got! I just wish Loire had joined us.” The shop keep handed the dress Dixie had just purchased to her in a large brown bag and the girls turned to leave. “Oh I am just starving. There’s a cute little pub around the corner, it’s a hole in the wall but I go there a lot when I come to town. It’s kind of the professors own little secret hangout. We could try and find the guys and see if they want to join for dinner before we head back?”

Dixie held open the door as the three girls exited the shop, turning to head down the cobblestone alleyway. Just as they turned the corner she was met with a small familiar looking woman with white hair. “Oh! Loire we were just talking about you!”

Cyrus

All Cyrus wanted in life was to get by. That’s not true, he wanted much more than that but the universe had made it clear to him to ask for less, so he would settle for getting by. He didn’t want to be someone’s charity case, at the very least Loires! He didn’t understand why she didn’t understand it. Of course he appreciated the thought, of course he was happy she was willing. But he didn’t want her to view him that way. He didn’t want the woman he loved to think he couldn’t handle it… even if it was true. He was more stressed about this damn money than he was over the news of the death eaters! Cyrus had faced a lot of shit in his life, death eaters weren’t that scary when you realized that they were just another form evil chose to take.

“Rude?” Cyrus spoke out of pure shock. He was being rude? She was giving him the cold shoulder for not accepting the money with open arms! The man pushed a hand through his messy red hair and sighed, looking over at the frustrating woman and giving in. “Right. Lunch.” How could he say no? The thought of their usual spot combined with how pretty she looked made him fucking blush like an idiot. “Go do your running and I’ll meet you there in an hour yeah?”

Cyrus left the ferry, turning to look at Hunter with a small scowl. “Right. Your girl.” He rolled his eyes and went on his way. He met up with some old friends around town, contacts and such. He assumed Hunter was doing the same. Then when the time came he headed to their old stomping grounds to get lunch with Loire.

It was nice to be back there, sitting, laughing, just kind of forgetting about the shirt going on in the outside world. So much so that after an hour and a half of it all, Cyrus finally lightened up on the idea of the money.

“I’ll deposit it okay? I’ll take it to the bank when we’re done here. Just- this is a one time thing okay? And I’m buying lunch. I can’t just let a lady pay for my meal. No matter how much she doesn’t act like one.” Cyrus smirked over at her as he handed the waiter a few pounds to pay for their meals. “Speaking of being a lady, you should go shop with the girls. I know you’re not one for girl friends and all that shit but, you’re stuck with them for a year. Might as well try and make it bearable yeah?” Cyrus reached over and placed his hand lightly over hers, “Plus those girls will be around longer than I will. Dixie even teaches there regularly, you could use a friend like that. That’s around.”

Loire

"I'll consider it." Loire let a small sigh pass her lips as the girls got off the boat. Why was Dru being so friendly? Not that she minded, it was Dru's prerogative who she's friendly towards, but usually her and Loire didn't socialize. It was just weird. "Hour. Got it." And just like that everyone was free from the ferry. Loire went to the bookstore to browse new content for the library before she found herself outside an antique shop staring down a long black lace gown. It was unique, and she supposed that it fit the description of a formal gown. As she walked out of the shop she let out a long sigh, she fucking hated the idea of going to a dance. Thankfully it was time for the only thing she was looking forward to.

Even though Larkyn couldn't make lunch they had a nice time. It was reminiscent of their old days and when things weren't so confusing. "Oh, of course. Just this once." Loire smiled slightly to herself as he insisted that it was just this once, they both knew she always got her way. His hand moving towards hers took her by surprise and caused her cheeks to light up pink. However his words struck a chord in her, so much so that it caused her smile to fall. "Why bother making friends when all they do is leave and hurt you?" Her words were far more bitter than she intended, she didn't want to show him weakness. Quickly Loire snatched away her pale hand from his and wiped away a small tear that had been forming in her eye. Loire hadn't cried since she was small, it was pointless, stupid, and solved nothing. "Cutting things off here would be better for you in the end, right? Fine. Have it your way. Thanks for lunch." Her glossy light blue eyes avoided his as she stood from the table, her fists clenching tightly by her side as she made her exit. They were just friends, they both agreed on that, she didn't understand why her heart hurt this bad.

"Hey." Dixie's words drew Loire out of her daze and suddenly she found herself standing near the pub the girls were meeting at. She absolutely was not in the mood to sit around and talk with anyone, so when Dru spoke up Loire gave a firm nod. "I forgot a hair accessory, I have no intention on my outfit look complete." What a stupid, stupid reason. "Come on." Without missing a beat the petite white haired female headed back towards the store. The walk was pretty much silent as she moved down an alleyway, though she could feel something was off and stopped in her tracks. "Dru, careful." Just as she spoke both exits to the alleyway was blocked by two larger men. One swung at Loire with a piece of wood and she dodged, something that kept up for a solid minute. Just as she pulled out her wand to cast a binding spell she found her wand tip already freezing over. If she used her magic Dru would find out her secret. It was in that moment the man roughly grabbed Loire's arm, spun her around, and smashed her face into a brick wall hard enough to knock her out.

Sapphira

"This reminds me of when we used to go shopping for school dances, it was really fun. Dru we've never really went with a date, so you're more than welcome to fly solo with us." After hours of shopping for the perfect dress, it was an hombre sparkly dress from red to pink to cream and complimented her figure and long legs. They had found the perfect red heels, satin bow for her hair, and matching lipstick and she felt drop dead gorgeous in it. Oh, what was it that her mother always said? The man was just an accessory, it wasn't a necessity. As they exited the boutique Sapphira held her bag at her side and she couldn't help but smile over at Dixie. Between the plant, the pillow, her dress and her other things she had so much to carry. "Dixie do you want help with those things? They look heavy."

As quickly as Loire arrived she was just as quick to leave and drag Dru off with her. A little sisterly bonding might be good for the girls! Sapphira helped Dixie carry some of her things to the small pub where they waited for the other girls. At an hour she assumed they were having a good time, Dixie and her had a drink and some appetizers, and then two hours hit. They were supposed to have dinner and catch one of the last ferry's and at this point they were approaching the final ferry departure. At this point something was wrong and they needed help.

Once they left the pub she gave a small whistle and found her small owl swooping in and resting on her arm. "Can you go find Larkyn and bring him back to us?" Ludwig knew his way around the area thankfully so once he was given his mission he flew off, found Larkyn, and started to pester him by tugging at his shirt to get him to follow him. With that done Sapphira helped Dixie carry her things as she went off and looked for Dru and Loire.

Terran

The girls all had plans for the day and Terran wasn't going to be one to intrude, he could always find things to do. Once off the ferry he visited the local floral shop, and for the rest of the time he sat at a cafe catching up with the owner. She was a friend of the old woman who raised him and she was the closest thing to a family member that he had, so it was nice to catch up on gossip for the past few years. She of course frowned on the way Terran had been living, wished that he would settle down in a place, blah, blah, blah. It was the same old song and dance with her, all he could do was smile and nod.

By the time he looked at the clock he noticed how late it was getting and he gave a quick hug and goodbye to the old woman. Outside he straightened his jacket and tucked his hands in his pockets and decided to cut through an alley to get to the ferry quickly. As he thought of the girls and hoped that they had a good time he spotted a couple bags on the ground. "Hmm?" They looked like shopping bags? He turned his head to look around a couple times to see if the owner was around, though he didn't see anyone. Maybe he should turn it into the authorities? The owners would be back to look for them and he didn't want anyone to take the items.

However once he picked up the bags he could see an all black dress, accessories, and items in one of them. There was only one person that dressed like that, maybe it was Loire who dropped it? Then who dropped the other bag? As he looked around he noticed a couple 2x4's, and he even noticed blood on the nearby brick wall. "Oh, shit." Whatever happened here wasn't good. Thankfully as he exited the alley he found Sapphira and Dixie. Wasn't Dru with them? "Do you guys know where Larkyn is? When's the last time you seen Dru or Loire?" He didn't want to scare the girls with the blood on the wall but this was kind of an emergency situation.

Hunter

Well, today was shit. While he was welcomed back with open arms there was also skepticism, a little animosity, and some disobedience. See, Hunter had climbed up the ranks during his time in the liberation front and with his skills he became one of the bosses, and when a boss disappears without a good explanation there's some tension in the group. Of course everyone heard about the death eaters, his partner was no different, and he was making a stand against purebloods. Did he know Hunter was a pureblood? Of course not, he didn't go around advertising that. So as his partner basically declared war Hunter felt himself sweat. Hunter could tell he had something planned that he wasn't telling him about and it made him nervous.

The rest of the day he dedicated to finding out what was going on. Thankfully a low level goon FINALLY divulged the information he wanted and it sent shivers down his spine. Kidnapping was not on the list of things they did when Hunter was around, he's gone for a couple weeks and suddenly kidnapping and ransom was on the table? And then the goon said something about a couple spoiled princesses getting off the ferry this morning and he went pale. Dru and Loire were from two powerful different pureblood families. Did he drop names? No, but those were the first two he initially thought of.

Hunter took off to find everyone. It was getting late and they were all supposed to meet up at the ferry and he prayed to whoever would hear him that everyone was gathered there waiting for him. At this point he was racing towards the ferry, though before he could even make it he froze when he seen Dixie, Serraphina, and Terran standing there. No Dru, no Loire. "I, um, have an idea of where they could be." Larkyn's going to fucking kill him if he found out. "You ladies mind distracting Larkyn while I go and find them?" Alone.

Druella “Dru” Arville

“Why me?” Dru groaned and turned to go with Loire as she was yanked in the direction back to the shops. She shot a look back at Dixie and Sapphira that screamed save me but the two were already off in their own world headed to dinner. The two women walked mostly in silence, Dru simply picking at her nails as they headed on their awkward shopping adventure. That is until Loire spoke up and told her to be careful. “What are you talking about?”

It was then that Dru felt it too, the hair on the back of her neck stand up, the feeling that they weren’t alone. Then two men stepped into view, blocking both of their exits. Dru dropped her bags and pulled out her wand in one quick motion, turning her back to Loire and holding it up to the other man who moved towards her with a 2x4 in his hands like some brute. Never had she imagined anyone would try and rob someone here in town like this, especially not in this fashion. “Hey buddy back off!” She went to cast a spell to knock the man back but a noise behind her caused her to turn, she found Loire knocked cold on the ground and a splatter of blood across the cobblestone.

Dru went weak. Something in her head began to spin and it was like a thousand voices screaming at once. Then she heard the words petrificus totalus and felt the pain of the ground meet her back. Then her world went dark as the man tied her up and knocked her out cold.

When she woke up she found herself in a dark dingy basement, free and able to move but in too much pain to do so. The ground felt cold and camp and her head hurt like hell. “What the fuck.” Dru groaned, struggling but managing to stand and lean against the wall before patting down her pockets for her wand. Gone. Of course it was. Then the next thought hit her, where was Loire? She turned around and peered through the darkness, finding the white haired woman laying against the ground but seemingly breathing. Where the fuck were they?

It was then that another wave of voices drilled into her head, so overpowering that Dru had to lean against the wall. Then as if a damn was breaking, her world went blurry and was replaced with another. One that showed the same basement but it was more like she was watching a movie, she saw herself and Loire, huddled together on the ground as two men entered through the locked door and approached them. They were going to … take a piece of each girl to mail to their families are proof for ransom. The scene began to change and show the horror but Dru forced herself to pull away and back to the real world.

What the FUCK was that?

Dixie

It had been such a nice day, everyone got to relax a little and now she was going to take the girls to one of her favorites spots in the city! As soon as the girls found the pub they also found Loire! A Loire who was very adamant about going and finding her accessory to go with her outfit she must have found during the day. One that was dragging off Dru before anyone could really say a word. “Have fun girls!” Dixie cheered in a sing song voice, she knew those two didn’t get along well but they were going to be family some day! They could use the girl time. Plus Dixie was honestly excited to get some food and hang out with Sapphira.

The two girls talked and ate and talked some more. At first time passed so quickly that she didn’t realize an hour had gone by. But then the next hour seemed to move slowly as molasses. Where in the heck were Dru and Lorie? Sapphira seemed to have the same worry Dixie was getting and the two girls paid they bill and made their way out of the pub to hopefully find the girls or the others. Sapphira sent Ludwig to find Larkyn. Good call, he was an auror and knew both those girls better than anyone in theory. “Let’s find the others, Ludwig will bring Larkyn to us and then he’ll know what to do.”

Only before they got far they came across Terran carrying some shopping bags that gave Dixie a bad feeling. “Uhm we haven’t seen him since we left the ferry. Dru and Loire went off on their own to shop but it’s been about two hours now.” Dixie fidgeted slightly, the idea of death eaters slowly creeping into the back of her mind. She calmly reminded herself that the two missing girls were pureblood but honestly who knew if that mattered sometimes… ”Could I bother to ask where you found those bags?” She stepped a few feet closer to Terran to peer into the bags and confirm her suspicions. They were definitely Loires and Drus. She recognized the dress of Drus from earlier.

Hunter was next to join, seeming a bit frantic but admitting that he may know where they are. “D-Distract him? Why ? Shouldn’t we be asking for his help?”

Cyrus

Well this was not going the way he wanted it to go. That seemed to be his MO but still! All Cyrus was trying to say was that he cared about her and wanted her to have friends even after he had to leave! Loire always took things the WORST way possible and Cyrus knew that about her so he always tried to choose his words gently but they never seemed the be gentle enough. Loire deserved the world, she deserved friends and fun and happiness. All he was suggesting was that maybe the girls would be a good place to start. “Loire I am your friend! I’m just saying it would be a good idea-“ Cyrus sighed. “Dammit.” Before he could even finish his sentence she was walking away and closing the door behind her.

This was why he shouldn’t come around. Every time he did he only ended up hurting her in the end.

After their small blow out Cyrus made his way to his old hideout. At this point the small cove along the water was trashed, debris both from the lake and from people was littered everywhere. It wasn’t super clean bsck when he used to come get either but it was never this bad. Oh well, that meant plenty of things to torch. This was what he used to do back when he was frustrated or upset with things back home, he would come here and spend hours burning all the trash on the beach. It got out some anger and it helped clean things up. Win win. He hadn’t even noticed he spent two hours engrossed in his own thoughts while he set numerous fires and snuffed them out. The only reason he did was thanks to the warning horn from the ferry that they were nearing last departure.

Cyrus quickly gathered himself and made his way back to town and began to head for the docks when he saw most of the crew standing around looking like they had seen a ghost. “What’s going on guys? Where’s the other three?”

Larkyn

The past week had been hell and as much as he wished he could have used this excursion to relax, he couldn’t. Instead Larkyn had reached out to a coworker and had him meet him in town to discuss everything that was happening over a coffee. And oh boy did he get more than he bargained for.

The coworker was from the main division, the aurors that worked for the ministry housed in London. They’re small magical community on the Isle was also ruled by the same ministry but being separated from them also kept them out of the loop on a lot of things. Larkyn learned all about what happened at the Quidditch World Cup across the straits. He learned of what was going on at Hogwarts and sorts of stories of the boy who lived. He was the type of legend that even people over here knew but apparently there was so much more to it all that Larkyn never imagined. Hogwarts was still going forward this year with the TriWizard cup alongside other schools that Larkyn recognized vaguely. Though they were doing so with added rules and caution. Generally it seemed like things were going okay, but treading forward cautiously.

Larkyn spent the entire day learning all he could and sharing things from their side of the world. It wasn’t like they were far from London or Hogwarts but sometimes it felt like different worlds.

The two men finally parted ways and Larkyn made his way to his next stop, getting a quick bite to take back with him on the ferry before it left him in the dust. At least that was the plan until a small little owl swooped down and grasped at his shirt. “Woah little guy!” Larkyn gently swatted the creature away with a half chuckle. Until it did it again. And again. And again. This owl was acting so strange. “Okay okay!” As soon as he actually gave the thing some attention he began flying straight in the other direction before swooping back and doing it again. “Do you want me to follow you?” Larkyn swore that if a owl could nod this one would.

“Distract me from what now?” Larkyn spoke up clearly as he approached the group, the small little owl had led him straight to everyone else. Smart little creature. “I’m with Cyrus, I’d like to know what the hell is going on. You all look like someone died.” Then Larkyn did a quick head count, “Where the hell is my sister? Where’s Dru?” Larkyn turned to Hunter with a sharp glare, “I have the strangest feeling this is what you were wanting them to distract me from yeah? Well too late now. Out with it Hunter, where the hell are they?”

Loire

The fact that Loire had never broken a bone may have been surprising to some considering how feisty she could be, but she was also sick most of her life and stuck at home. She anticipated that it would hurt but, it really fucking hurt. And, as always, her first reaction was to be pissed. Her bright blue eyes popped open to notice she was laying on some damp creepy basement, normally she liked creepy but not when she was a victim of some crime. Speaking of, where was Dru?

With a small groan Loire sat up, her head bleeding from the forehead through her hair that caused her pretty white hair to be stained with blood. As she tucked her broken arm closer to her chest she noticed a strange look on Dru's face. She looked scared? What did she? Quickly she looked around to see if she could see what scared her, though all she saw was just some dark basement. "Did they hit you that hard that you're seeing things now?" Part of her was trying to make light of the situation as she stood to her feet. Surprisingly Dru didn't bite her head off, apparently she saw what was going to happen to them?

"Say I've read about this in a book one time and I believe you, then we have to get out of here faster than I thought." They had to get out of here without magic, thankfully Loire took another look around the room again. The darkest corner was right next to the stairs to the exit, so with her good hand she grabbed Dru and walked her over to the corner. "Just stay quiet and follow my lead." Just as she hugged the wall the door flew open and a few men walked down the stairs talking to each other. "What about a toe? Maybe a finger? Ooh, an ear would work too." If Dru wasn't there she would fucking make these guys into ice sculptures, unfortunately she had to make sure Dru got out safe.

Looking over at Dru she motioned for her to follow her as she quickly made her way up the stairs. She could hear the men moving behind them so when Dru stepped out of the room she slammed the door shut and held out her. Loire had every intention on hexing the door, instead the entire doorknob became encased in ice. Fuck. "Let's go." Maybe Dru wouldn't have noticed? With that done she quickly ran out of the house, her brows arching as she noticed Hunter approaching the house. "Late to the party as always."

Hunter

"Listen Sapphira I just need you to-, Oh, heyyy Larkyn, buddy ol' pal!" Hunter gave a nervous chuckle as he met the evil glare his friend was giving him with an overly cheerful smile. "Let's just call it a hunch, yeah?" Were they buying that? Probably not. With a heavy sigh he gave a small nod and tucked his hands in his pockets. "Fine. Come with me. Be quick about it." With that said Hunter immediately took off for an abandoned house on the sketchier side of town. The group had just bought a house before he got served his sentence at the school, they intended on fixing it up for the guys to crash at to make more room at the main base but they never got around to it. It was the perfect place to keep a couple heiress's for ransom.

"It'll do you well to remember that I had no part in this. Zip, nada. But there will be hell to pay, I guarantee that." Oh, the next second he got available he was going to beat the shit out of every single one of these fuckers. This was NOT what their organization for. Sure, he fucking hated the pureblood families just as badly as they did, but violence solved nothing. This was just going to put a target on their organization. They were not terrorists, he didn't want to hurt anyone.

The group had finally made their way to the dark street, the streetlights dark on this section of road to give it that extra ominous vibe. Just as they approached the house though he noticed a bloodied, white haired woman burst from the door and he froze in his steps. Hunter was horrible with blood, it always made him feel faint. "I, uh, where's Dru?" Not are you OK, not checking her wounds, nothing. Besides, Loire would hit him if he tried to check her wounds. His dark eyes darted behind her and seen Dru and he instantly ran past her.

Suddenly he was overcome with a sense of panic? "Are you OK? Did you get hurt too?" He looked her over before his strong arms wrapped around her and gave her a tight hug. "God, I'm so glad you're OK. Go with the others yeah? I'll catch up in a bit, I'll take care of these fellas." Hunter hugged her for a good minute, maybe a minute that would earn him a smack or a scolding but he didn't care.

Sapphira

Terran was soon joining Dixie and Sapphira as they started their search with some evidence that proved things indeed go wrong with their shopping trip. Hunter there asking them to cover and she was taken back a little? Like, Larkyn would totally be useful in hunting the girls down! He was smart, clearly talented, and was literally a fucking cop basically. Thankfully soon Larkyn and Cyrus were approaching finally getting answers out of Hunter. She felt like he may have been indirectly responsible for some odd reason, but she was thankful he knew where they were none the less! "Good boy Ludwig!" Sapphira gave him a quick head scratch as he landed on her arm, following Hunter after letting the owl fly off again.

Sapphira had never been on the bad side of any town, she was an upper class city girl and was told to steer clear of areas like this. Thankfully their group was large and they'd be able to fight anything that came their way, she wished Loire and Dru could have said the same thing. Maybe Dixie and Sapphira should have followed them... no point in beating themselves up over it, just a note to possibly avoiding this in the future. "Oh! Is she OK?"

Hunter was the first to move and he barely even looked at Loire, though she was pretty sure Loire preferred it like that. "Loire dear, is your arm broken?" Sapphira had never broken a bone but her arm was pretty much purple and looked painful as all hell. "We should really get you to a doctor honey. The ferry's closed by now, do they have a hospital or doctor somewhere in this town?" As she asked the question she looked over at Larkyn. For some reason she just felt like he was the smart one of the group, the one that was the most organized? He was probably good at coming up with plans, too.

However when she noticed the hug Hunter gave Dru her face heated up slightly. The hug was so... passionate? Like he really, really worried about her. Would Larkyn be OK with that?

Terran

"They were just sitting there in this alley, that's why-" Hunter was approaching them pretty much frantic, asking to distract Larkyn so he could find the girls (how'd he know where they were), and it was then that Cyrus and Larkyn joined them. After a little back and forth Hunter finally decided to take everyone to the place, however somebody needed to try to get the ferry to stay before it departed for it's last round of the night. "I'll catch up with you guys in a few!" As the others left to follow Hunter Terran ran back towards the ferry.

The man tried everything to get the boat to stay. He tried tying it to the dock with roots, he tried entangling underneath the boat with the seaweed underneath to trap it. However, the boat was operated by magic and didn't seem to be so easily stopped by magic. "Fuck." For the first time in a while Terran had broke a sweat with how much magic he was pouring out into stopping this damn boat. They needed another option to get home, what were they going to do? The headmistress would absolutely lose her mind if they weren't back by the end of the day, Hell she was probably already waiting for them at the docks. It was then that he felt a lightbulb spark in his head and he ran off before the shop closed.

Terran had barely made it in time to the broom shop, he cut it so close that they were just about to flip the sign from open to closed. He said he needed eight brooms, they looked at him like he was crazy and would only sell him four. Which was stupid? Terran had the money, but the shop owner said he needed to save some brooms for other people and he didn't have another shipment come in until next week. So four brooms it was, they could all share.

With those purchased he ran aimlessly through the streets until he spotted the familiar owl that led Larkyn earlier before. It seemed to be showing him the way, and by the time he got to the others Hunter was embracing Dru. "I, uh, everyone's alive and well?" Loire looked a little bloody, Dru looked traumatized, but... they were alive, right? "The ferry left, and they only would let me get four brooms. I guess we have to share, but we'll be able to get back to the school."

Druella “Dru” Arville

Everything happened so fast, between whatever in the fuck that vision was and Loire quickly accepting it, Dru felt like she was losing her mind. The two women quickly came up with a plan and put it into action the moment they heard voices approaching but Dru would be lying if she didn’t admit she was distracted. She was scared. Not only of what was currently happening to them, though that was quite terrifying, but also because of whatever had happened with that vision. She felt different now… like it was normal. Like she finally had a part of her that was missing. She just didn’t quite understand what it was.

Their plan worked a lot better than Dru had expected, honestly if it wasn’t for the situation she probably would have acted like a cocky asshole. But right now all she wanted was to get the fuck out of this place. Dru turned around to see why Loire was pausing and found the woman using magic on the door, only this magic erupted into ice and caused Dru to gasp. “Loire what the hell was that?!” Before she got an answer however the white haired woman was running off leaving Dru in a state of shock for a moment before heading out after her. She took a small backtrack when she caught a glimpse of the two girls wands sitting on a messy side table, quickly grabbing them and shoving them in her pocket before running outside.

Outside she discovered it was now dark out and that the others were approaching. The sight of them was nearly enough to make her knees buckle slightly out of relief. Dru quickly scanned the group, her eyes falling on Larkyn and giving him a weak smile before suddenly her vision was blocked and she felt arms go quickly around her. At first she was so confused that she pulled back a tiny bit, looking up to see Hunter peering down at her and fretting.

Then another feeling set in. A bunch of them. Confusing ones. Ones that she didn’t understand. Dru felt her stomach do little flips and her knees went weak again. She felt so safe… someone cared. No not just someone, Hunter cared. He was worried? Why did that make her feel so … whatever this was. “I’m o-okay. Really.” But then it was like the emotional floodgates opened and Dru felt herself start to tear up. Oh god not now. She didn’t want anyone to see this. Dru adjusted in Hunters arms, hiding her face in the material of his shirt. When he mentioned that she should go ahead with the others and he would catch up she acted on instinct, her hand reaching out and lightly grabbing the bottom of his shirt.

“Don’t.” Her voice was small and she refused to look up at him. “Please just go back with us. I-“ I don’t want you to go in there. I don’t want to stay here for one more second. I don’t want you to leave me. None of it was anything she could force herself to actually say but, she hoped he understood. Behind her she could hear Terran explaining about the brooms and she took a moment to breathe and dry her tears a bit before pushing away from Hunter and turning to the others.

“We should go before we piss off the headmistress more than we already have. And I would love a shower. And Loire needs medical attention so let’s just go. Let’s all go.” Dru turned and gave Hunter a look after stating the last part before taking lead and starting the walk towards the beach.

Larkyn

Larkyn didn’t like the way that Hunter prefaced this whole situation, how adamant he was that he wasn’t involved and it wasn’t his fault. The last thing that “wasn’t his fault” got them all in trouble and imprisoned at the school for a year. So what the hell did he do now? As they got closer and closer to wherever this mystery destination was, Larkyn got more and more worried and upset. This wasn’t a good area, it wasn’t just run down it was also filled with petty criminals and strange dealings. “Hunter I don’t even know what’s about to happen but my god I am getting the sinking feeling this is going to make me want to ring your neck.” His sister was missing and so was his fiancé. And it had something to do with this side of town. There was really no GOOD outcome here. And oh boy was it bad!

They approached a house and before anyone could question or do anything, Loire was suddenly running towards them. “Loire!” Of course she had time to be sassy during a situation like this. He quickly made his way over to her and looked her up and down, moving some of her hair and noticing the blood and wound. “Bloody hell, what happened?” He waited for a response and barely even noticed Hunter running past him until he realized Dru hadn’t joined up with them.

Larkyn looked up from his sister and across the street to where Dru was standing, engulfed in Hunters arms with her face in his chest as the man checked her over. Something in him stirred, anger? No not really. Annoyance… yeah. Jealousy. Yeah. But the most prevalent feeling was foolishness. That- that should be him shouldn’t it? Larkyn should be the one that ran to her and made sure she was okay, the one that was holding her right now. But he wasn’t. Not because Hunter beat him to the punch but because Larkyn didn’t. It was his own fault and he was upset about it. Larkyn loved Dru, he wanted to protect her and keep her safe and be a good husband. She was his best friend, though recently he hadn’t been being a very good one of those either. But he had never felt… that.

Larkyn finally tore his eyes away from the two in time to hear Sapphira looking over Loires arm. “It’s definitely broken, the infirmary at the school should be able to handle it well. But like you said the ferry is done…” He sighed. There was a clinic but it was likely closed and the hospital was far but accessible by floo powder if they could find a fireplace to use… As Larkyn tried to come up with an idea Terran rejoined and presented the four brooms.

“Excellent. Good job Terran.” Larkyn nodded at the man before turning back as Dru spoke up. “Right, let’s all get going. We can get you girls to the infirmary as soon as we get back and I’ll go explain to the headmistress what happened.” He began to walk before stopping and turning around to add on one thought, “With Hunter.” He still wasn’t sure exactly had happened here and he would be damned if he wasn’t going to get a fucking explaination.

Cyrus

The entire time they followed Hunter, Cyrus made sure to scold the idiot. Hunter had made it clear he didn’t know what happened or what was going on fully and that he didn’t have anything to do with it but… Cyrus knew better because he was in with these sorts of people too. Hell he was the one on the job with Hunter during the benefit! This had to have something to do with the rebellion and while Cyrus wouldn’t out Hunter, he also wasn’t going to let this fly. While Hunter might not have been a part of whatever happened to the girls, there was a reason he knew exactly where they needed to go.

The road they ended up on was creepy, even to Cyrus. It looked like something straight out of a mystery novel. An image that was only made worse by a pale woman with white hair running out of a scary ass house covered in blood. Loire made it over to everyone before he could move and instantly Larkyn was checking her over. “Are you okay? Fuck. Clearly you’re not okay. But you’re alive. You’re standing. You’re not about to drop are you? No you look okay.” Cyrus was rambling. He rambled when he was nervous and my god was her nervous. Loire looked rough and it was scary, there was blood and even though he had seen plenty of it in his lifetime he never wanted to see it on her.

“Here.” Cyrus took off his flannel and moved closer to Loire. “I can make a quick sling for you? Just to keep the arm stable until we can get somewhere to get you mended.” He didn’t wait for her answer, he knew her well enough to know that no matter what had happened in there she would be stubborn from their fight at lunch and tell him to fuck off. So instead he simply did it, gently lifting her hurt arm and tying the flannel around her waist and one shoulder before holding the fabric open so she could tuck her arm in there a bit better. As he did that the others talked about where to find a clinic and such. Cyrus knew of a back alley doctor near by but… he really didn’t want to take anyone there.

Thankfully Terran appeared with brooms and it seemed like they wouldn’t have to. Cyrus turned back to Loire and gave her a raised eyebrow, “Are you going to let me fly you back home or are you going to be stubborn and ride with someone else?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back