• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings hey! look! listen! - a partner search

INTRODUCTION

INTRODUCTION

Hi, I'm xayah.! Some quick facts about me. I'm 20, live on the West coast of the US (PST), and am a second year in college. I use she/her primarily but any pronouns are fine with me! If you couldn't tell, I particularly enjoy video games but also am an avid reader of manhwa, play in an orchestral group, and dance in my free time. Fun fact: the only games I can't really play are first person perspectives since I get motion sick :c

Welcome to my first ever 1x1 thread in my 10+ years of roleplaying! My first year of college kicked my ass, so I was on quite a long hiatus coding and writing-wise. I've been craving a creative outlet now that it's summer time, and since I also don't really have the heart to join any group roleplays at the moment besides some of my close friends', I am here with a business proposal. You provide delicious writing, and I'll do the same. Sounds fair, right?

Below you'll find some ideas and topics for 1x1s that I have. They won't be in any specific order, but I might mark a few to signify I have an increased interest in them at the moment. I'm not really a fan of roleplaying OCs x canon or canon x canon characters anymore, so unfortunately if that's your interest, I will have to decline right now. However, working with already established settings and creating our own plots and characters is fine. Highly encouraged even. I'm also okay with anime faceclaims, as contentious as that is, but I do prefer more realistic and semi-realistic drawing styles.

Now let's get into the part that might be a little off-putting, but hopefully you guys won't mind and keep looking: the rules.
𓆰
Please be 18+. Now that I've hit my second decade, I feel a bit offput interacting with people under that nowadays. And don't lie about it please. That's how you leave a bad lasting impression.
𓆰 I don't mind doubling up, but I'm not quite a fan of it. If I really feel like our rp would be enhanced by it, I'm more than willing.
𓆰 LGBTQIA+ friendly!! This is a MUST. I do not stand for intolerance of any kind.
𓆰 Be understanding of my time and life outside writing! I will try to reply once a week and alert you if I'll be delayed. This won't be a big issue during the summer hopefully, but if our collaboration goes on past then, please understand I'm a busy college student and might not be able to respond as actively as I did in the summer. I will do the same for you.
𓆰 On that note, I am not ghost-friendly. I don't get offended by it, but just giving me a heads up would be nice. For whatever reason. I'll do the same, I promise.
𓆰 Let's talk! On discord. Live chatting is so fun and way more efficient than just PMs. All plotting and OOC will take place on there, and maybe even the rp if we want it to be short and sweet.
𓆰 Advanced and literate writers preferred! I understand writing is a journey, but I want this to at least try to be an equivalent exchange. As I'm definitely a bit rusty, it would be lovely to get back into the groove of things with someone who is well-versed. I also tend to write a lot, and I'm looking for someone who can reciprocate. Three paragraphs or more!

Let's get into the ideas, shall we?

#always_open #1x1s #ideas_welcome! #advanced_to_literate_writers #NOT_ghost_friendly

scroll

Last edited:
IDEAS
verba volant, scripta manent.
spoken words fly away, but the written letter remains.
— some latin guy long ago.​

FAMILY
— austin wintory.

disclaimer: i would've posted these earlier but my keyboard just had to die...
- also note that all ideas will be plotted with before we start to further develop them! reply to this post or dm if you're interested!

"original" ideas
𓆰 parallel lines — "for every line, there are an infinite number of lines perpendicular to it but only one parallel, destined to travel side by side for all time." Muse A and Muse B are childhood friends, acquainted with one another due to their parents being good friends. That might be an understatement, though. How do you describe a relationship where the first thing either can remember is being with the other? It's now the summer before college, and a reckoning has come. It seemed like a foregone conclusion to Muse A that they'd be together forever, their fates traveling side by side as time goes on. They'd weathered each other's romantic relationships, friend group fallouts, and even the nastiest and pettiest of arguments. Nothing could shake what they had. Or so they thought. Muse B has been accepted to a prestigious university abroad, a once in a lifetime opportunity they plan on taking, much to Muse A's displeasure. Things won't be the same, no matter how much they try to fool themselves into thinking it will. Time destroys all things, and this is a story of trying to figure it all out in a single summer. (romantic or platonic)

𓆰 canon events — "it's a canon event. i cannot interfere." did you know? they say every person has a soul. one that's gone through multiple cycles of rebirth, not that you can ever remember what's happened in the past. Muse A is your everyday person. They live a life, nothing particularly spectactular, but they are happy. It is enough for them to be loved, to be content, and to exist. But when they bump into Muse B one day, memories of several lifetimes come back to each of them, sending Muse A into a whirlwind wondering what is real and what is fake about the chemistry between the two. Unbeknownst to them, Muse B is a reaper, one that's come for each and every iteration of their soul, but they weren't always one. They were human once. And they loved, too. But that's a story long forgotten by Muse B's mind.

𓆰 we woke up in a new, strange world — "you end up with cheat abilities, and what do i get? nothing!" *record scratch and freeze frame on a truck* have you seen one of those before? it's an isekai truck, something that sends you into a new world with new rules and a new body, too. usually, it only hits one person, knocking them into a new reality they can change, but unfortunately for Muse A and Muse B, the truck was undiscerning in its targets. both sent to an alternate reality, they assume they were sent here alone. Now the villain, Muse A lives by the rules of the novel, terrorizing any and all who come in their way. On the other hand, Muse B unknowingly finds themselves the protagonist, a character the world bends to to fulfill their hopes and dreams. It isn't until a chance encounter that the two realize their past and the truth: there is no happy ending. This work is a tragedy, and they need to work together against a higher power, one that makes everything in the story come true, if they want to carve out the happy endings they never got.

𓆰 it's real to me — "i would know what you sounded like even if i was deaf." in a friend list are names and names of people you may never see online or talk to again, but for Muse A, each name they add to it is a dear person in their life. Online life, that is. Signed into their favorite game whenever they're free, they've made many friends, but the most prized of them all is Muse B. Never have the two met before, despite plans to do so, but years of playing together has made them tighter than any of Muse A's real life relationships. As the first class of the year begins, a very familiar voice makes its way to their ears, and they can't help but look at the direction it came from. There's no way that's Muse B, is it? A tale of coming to terms with the person they are online and the one they are in person.

tropes and interests
- nobility x commoner
- rivals/enemies to lovers
- actor x actor in a reality tv show that accidentally turns real (++ if it's a newcomer x veteran)
- cultivation & settings like MDZS
- two dying gods against a world that no longer believes in them (angst-heavy)
- academic rivals
- superhero x supervillain (& their fights are just really destructive attempts at flirting one-sided or not)
- "lives comfortably" x had to work to survive (can be comedic or serious)
- atla-esque (aang version)
- gift-giving love language vs quality time love language
- second try at a relationship that failed the first time because of immaturity
- chosen ones who originally did it out of duty but actually fall in love
- employee x employee in the nosiest company on earth
- winx club (the animation !!)
- totally spies core
- young justice and/or the boys
- trauma team/dr. house-esque (medical dramas)
- contract lovers
- independent game developers (coworkers to lovers!)
- YOUR GREAT IDEA HERE!

Last edited:
bumped~
four new tropes & interests added (yj/the boys, medical dramas, contract lovers, freelancers to coworkers to lovers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back