• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern He's a Soft Fvckboy

Her alarm blared and she sat up from her bed. Rubbing her tired eyes, she went to drag herself out of bed and towards the bathroom to take a shower. Today was the day she was going to have her first look at her new school. She didn't want to do anything to disappoint her dad and was determined to make this day a good one.
She soon finished her bath and wore the clothes she had prepared for today. She slipped on her jean skirt, tucking in her shirt before she wore her socks and bounded downstairs to go and get breakfast from the table. She made herself a bowl of cereal, eating it quite hastily as she was eager to get out of the house already.
"Good morning, Chi."
"Good morning dad."
Chihana stood up as her dad came to view, already dressed up and ready to go. She stood up once she was finished with her cereal and washed it quickly before placing it on the dish rack to dry off.
Soon enough, she found herself seated in the passenger side of her dad's car, the trees speeding past by them as they made their way for her school.

Curtains shut, only the sound of heavy pounding could be heard. Tom-tom. The monotonous beating kept getting louder and louder. Suddenly the doors slammed open "Yuri! Wake up! Wake up!" the squeaky voice of a four-year-old slamming their hands on the percussive instrument hanging from their chest. "Wake up, wake up!" the annoying child repeated.

"Aya, leave your brother alone please!''

His eyebrow twitching, his hand reaching for the nearest object. It felt soft, not too painful, probably was a pillow.

"Shut up already!" and he threw the fluffy pillow at her face.

"AHHH" she dramatically fell to the ground only to whine but giggle at the same time before running away. Little sisters were always so annoying.

The young man groaned and rubbed his tired eyes awake, it wasn't a day he was looking forward to. The first day of school, the oh so long-awaited first day of school. He would have to deal with the familiar faces of his old acquaintances and probably will have to deal with all their unwelcomed questions. Why didn't you attend last year!? Where were you? How's life going? Oh, man, I missed you, are you still in the varsity team!? Dreadfully, truly.

Whatever he would eventually have to face those questions regardless so what was the point of thinking about it. With a swift kick of the foot, he pushed the covers of his bed and sat on the edge. He had a couple of minutes. "Here goes nothing..."

Quick, quack, shebang. The clumsiest way to get ready. A beanie to hide the disastrous morning hair, some overly perfumed axe spray and the outfit he wore yesterday. A pretty casual dark blue t-shirt that was tight around his biceps fit black jeans and a pair of expensive jordans. His mom had a toast ready for him, thankfully. He gave her a quick kiss on the forehead and immediately dashed outside, but of course, not before ruffling his little sister's hair.

He jumped down the flight of stairs of the motel like looking apartment complex and swiftly biked his way to his school.

It wasn't too long of a ride. It usually took him around 45 minutes to get around this residential area, Yuri lived a bit closer to the city. It was a friendly school. Not too fancy, not too ghetto either, just casual enough. A decent team, an adequate education really.

As he neared the establishment, he lifted his leg off of one side and rode the bike on one pedal before jumping off. He locked his bike on the bike ride and instantly a group of guys huggled around him and a few girls.

"Oh shit, Yuri! You're back!"

"What he's back!? For real, Oh my god I missed him..."

"Yuri, holy molly spaghetinoli man where did you disappear!? One year you're here and the other you just up and leave with nobody knowing!?"

Honestly, there were too many people around him, but he just smiled as best he could. It wasn't a fake smile despite his annoyance, a lot of these people were good friends, but it was a bit too much attention on him right now.

"Yeah, I'm back! Who would've known?" he cheekily said as he rubbed his neck a bit shyly. "What's up?"

The ride towards the school was quiet. Her dad wasn't much of a talker and neither was she- well, when she was around him anyways. They never really had a good relationship. No father-daughter love but they weren't really on the father-daughter clash page also.
They were just, neutral.
Some days they'd have lunch together and her father would actually ask her what's happening in her life. That's happened at least twice now for this year. Chihana didn't mind and understood his silence all too well. He was always quite the joker when mom was still around. You'd never have guessed that this was a man who used to wheeze at family gatherings when someone sat on a whoopee cushion he had placed somewhere.
When Chihana's mom passed away, her dad changed in a lot of ways. He had become silent, his laughter was no longer heard, they rarely even attend family gatherings and holidays people looked forward to were holidays that Chihana treated like a normal day. Her dad's spirit probably died along with her mom.
Looking past the scenery, she wondered what things would be like if her mom was here. Chihana would probably be sitting at the back of the car while her mom sat where she's sitting right now, in the passenger seat. Her mom and dad would be jokingly insulting each other and Chihana would be laughing at how weak her dad's insults were because he was too afraid of actually insulting her mom.
Yeah, she had good days but it was long behind her now.
Her dad pulled over and dropped her at the front gate and Chihana went over to give him a small kiss on the cheek "I'll be home around five, dad."
"Okay."
She gave him a smile before she went out of the car and closed it shut, shouldering her bag and looking at the structure of the school from where she stood. It wasn't a prestigious school, but it wasn't a hopeless case either. She took a shaky breath before she started to make her way towards the school lobby for the confirmation of her enrollment.
There were only a few people in line since it was still a tad bit early. Students were walking around the halls, comparing each other's schedules. Greetings were exchanged as old friends caught up with each other. Soon enough, the place was filled with chatter as more and more students lined up for their registration.

Yuri's name stuck out like a sore thumb on this campus. It's always been that way, but back then it didn't matter. It kinda felt uncomfortable now. The staring eyes, the whispers, many of the teachers remembered him. Many of the students loved his return, but an equal amount feared it. He was having mixed feelings about his return to his old high school.

Soaking up the sun from the windows, Yuri stood next to the registration desk where he awaited his confirmation. He looked at the plastered work of people he didn't know in the hallway to pass time.

"Ah, Yuri! Long time no see," an unfamiliar voice said.

The black haired boy raised an eyebrow and turned his head to meet yet an unfamiliar face.

"Huh?" he looked at the source of the voice as though he had just declared himself to be a flying purple cow.

The young man laughed loudly, hugging his waist as he bent his body forward. "Oh my god, your face!"

Yuri didn't know what was so funny but the guy sure seemed amused. He noticed the badge on his sleeve, a student council member. Was he already in trouble? Did he know him? Yuri squinted his eyes and noticed a particular mole right next to the eye. Red hair, blue eyes... could it be... "Ryu?" he asked.

The red hair smiled as he looked back. "Long time no see, huh?" he said amusingly before handing out his hand.

"Oh shit... you were like... this tall last time!" Yuri said enthusiastically, holding his hand up to his chest.

The young boy blushed and rubbed the back of his neck, "Well yeah... I guess puberty sure helped with that, thankfully..."

The two friends reacquainted themselves for what seemed only a minute. It sure wasn't enough but the bell rang and Ryu had to get to his morning duties. It wasn't long before they waved off and Yuri decided to step inside the office as he saw a good amount of students at the front line exiting. It would shortly be his turn, hopefully, he wouldn't get stuck in some orientation of the school.

Chihana heard people talking behind her- two males from the sounds of their voices. They seemed to be close friends and Chihana wondered who'd be her friends here for the duration of the school year. She looked around, observing the students as she thought that someone here would surely find his or her way to her.

Her attention was called as the person in front of her had already finished and it was now her turn. She went up to the person handling the confirmation of enrollees.

"Name?"

"Chihana Yahaba." She said, standing a bit on her toes to see what the lady was doing. There was a computer screen in front of the woman and she navigated through it, searching for Chihana's name, no doubt. After she had confirmed Chihana, she gave the girl a map of the school and her schedule was shortly printed thereafter.

"Please proceed to room 431 for the orientation."

"Thank you." Chihana said before she moved aside to let the next person have their turn. She didn't leave immediately, having no clue where the hell room 431 was. She bit her bottom lip as she opened the map, scanning the image quickly with her eyes and soon concluded she'd have a rough first week here seeing as this institution was a bit big. It wouldn't be a surprise to her if she'd lose her way on more than one occasion.

"So err, this is where I am..." she mumbled to herself, pinpointing the registration location and she searched for where room 431 was.

"Jeez why didn't I just enroll in a much smaller school." She groaned inwardly, tilting her head as she stood there like an idiot, trying to figure out where room 431 was placed.

"Name?"

"Yuri Fudoh,"

"Please proceed to room 431 for the orientation along with that lady, thank you. Next."

Yuri winced as he turned around. That lady sure wasn't very customer service, was she? He looked at his schedule even glue wouldn't have been able to keep his eyes from rolling around in the empty space inside his head. History, maths, chemistry, history, japanese, english, spanish... where is gym!?

"Excuse me, lady... But I don't think they enrolled me in the right program. I took the sport option but I see a lot of... no gym." he said as he turned around. The secretary just looked at him dead in the eyes. "Bring it to your department, I can't do anything now. "

Delightful. He could feel the veins in his neck throbbing. That was exactly what he needed, more classes that he hates. Amid his frustrating thoughts, he didn't notice the people around him and picked up the pace. He flung the heavy door open and was about to take a turn when "Oh shit!" he flung his arms around the figure that obstructed his path out of nowhere. If they were any heavier, he would've probably been knocked off his feet with the amount of force he felt hit his chest. He hadn't seen anyone in front of him and instinctively captured it in his strong arms hoping he wouldn't tackle them to the floor and to keep balance.

He looked down, noticing the little figure he was holding. A faint pink sparkled his cheek.

So smol...

Damn, calm down. Not the first time you have a girl in your arms lol... Why are you being such an idiot?

"Oh, sorry... I didn't see you," he muttered as he let go of her. He noticed her papers all wrinkled up and took a side step not wanting to get hit by the secretary's office door. He towered over her a bit. He was a basketball player, not the tallest, but he was amongst the minority of men that were above 5'9ft.

"Are you... okay?" he asked hesitantly hoping he wouldn't have accidentally hurt her. She seemed new, and really pretty... that was honestly embarrassing but he figured he could try to play it cool. "You're new right?" he blurted out almost immediately after as he looked at his schedule and grabbed her's to look at the classes.

Real smooth fella...

Chihana was about to start walking when a sudden impact almost made her fall forward if it weren't for the strong hands that immediately caught hold of her. Next thing she realized was that she was pressed onto someone's chest and she looked up to see it was a guy, a really tall guy.

She blinked for awhile, dazed and unable to process what just happened. She looked at where she was standing a few moments ago and then back at him. So, she was just minding her own business and then he came over and collided with her and to prevent her from falling over, e must have instinctively reached out and grabbed her.

Chihana let that thought sink in before her cheeks flared up. He released her and she stepped back, holding her crumpled map and schedule. Her mouth opened and closed, no sound coming out. A few strands had gotten loose out of her bun from the collision earlier and her cheeks were still tinged with pink.

"I-I'm okay." She finally managed to say, finally snapping out from her daze and looking down at the crumpled mess her papers were. She was about to ask if he was alright too when he took her schedule from out of her hands. She didn't even have a chance to look at it.

"Yeah, I'm new." She said, confirming his question and smoothed out the map before turning it to him, letting him have her schedule for awhile "Can you help me get to where the orientation will be?" She bluntly asked, giving him a smile as she finally regained her composure.

It was kind of funny how she seemed to stare at him for a few seconds before realizing what was happening. While she was snapping herself out of her daze, he compared their schedule. They were in the same class. That was a score in his book. A pretty girl like that, all new and trying to find her way... sounded like fun.

"Orientation," he repeated caught in his own thought for a moment. "Oh yeah, It's in room 431. The student council meeting hall to be exact," he answered but then realized she was probably clueless to where that was. He chuckled and made a quick nod with his head. "I have to go there myself so feel free to follow me." He started walking down the hallway without looking at his map but momentarily stop to see if she followed. He knew this school by heart, or almost by heart. He passed his freshman and sophomore years bumming around town like he owned this place. He could probably orient himself around campus blindfolded if given a challenge.

"So... what brings you to Tohou Academy by the way?" he asked curiously

She delightfully followed him around, a sigh of relief escaping her as she realized she got lucky when literally bumped into him. It seemed like he knows this school pretty well, given how he walks around with ease. He occasionally stopped to look if she hadn't lost her way and she would always give him a reassuring smile.

It wouldn't be hard to lose him in this crowd seeing as he was a bit taller than most.

She heard his question and pondered for awhile, thinking what had made her come here "Well... for one the uniform is nice." She said honestly and laughed. She still had yet to claim her uniform from the office later this afternoon. Supply had run short so the school decided that they'd wear casual clothes today "And I just wanted a breath of fresh air. It seems like Tohou Academy was just the place." She looked around the place that was refreshingly different from her past school "I just didn't like my old school as much." She said and looked back at him "What about you? Have you been here for a long time?"

Yuri started laughing at the mention of the uniform. He sure enjoyed the simplicity of wearing the same thing over and over again, but he hated the measures they offered. It always seemed uncomfortably tight around his ass. " Uniforms... They sure can be nice." he casually said, " And yeah, I guess we can say that." Yuri brushed his hair back smiling. " So, you just left your friends and maybe even boyfriend from your old academy for a breath of fresh air?" He sarcastically added. "Sounds very daring, in my opinion."

He readjusted his overused backpack and glanced to see what she was wearing. It was feminine, a cute jean skirt that reached her mid tighs - she was for sure going to get a warning from the student council, he certainly didn't mind though. She had nice legs and her shirt hugged her body nicely.

He averted his eyes away, not wanting to get caught. He touched his earring out of habit before noticing they were nearing the orientation. They probably wouldn't get to interact as much during the orientation.

"I hope you find what you wanted here..." he said as he came to a stop. "By the way, my name is Yuri. Yuri Yagami, at your service. " he comedically said as he made a dramatic medieval-esque bow.

Chihana laughed when he worded it like that and she shook her head "The only thing I left there was toxicity and I don't regret leaving it. It's a decision that was worth it." She said "I moved here because it was also close to where I lived so that's a convenient thing."

She looked back at her map and saw they were nearing the student council room. The girl stowed it away in her bag, folding it neatly and sticking it to one of her notebooks for safekeeping. They soon arrived at the room where the orientation would be held. Students were already getting inside and no doubt the orientation would start soon.

Chihana let out another laugh as she watched him comically bow to her. She curtsied in return and said "Thank you, I'm Chihana Yahaba and may I please have my schedule back?" She asked sweetly and extended her palm, the smile still on her face.

She had almost forgotten about her schedule and it would be a disaster if she were to have done so. She shuddered to think of aimlessly wandering around the school without any idea where she would be going to.

"Oh! Yeah, I still have your schedule!" He chuckled. He glanced at the first schedule he had in hand, it was his but noticed that his cellphone number was written on it along with other private information but hey, he didn't care that much if she knew where he lived or what his email was as long as she had a reason to contact him again. He handed the wrong folded schedule to her knowing she would have to contact him somehow to retrieve the right one.

"It's an honour to meet you Chihana Yahaba. I have no doubt we will see each other more often from now on," he boldly stated. "And if not, then I'll make sure we do," he added audaciously.

He looked at his watch, homeroom was about to start and he honestly didn't feel like interacting with the student council this early in the morning or attend an orientation he didn't need. "I'll be heading to class now, see you around Chi?" he winked at her as he started backing up and made a quick salute-like wave.

Chihana accepted her schedule from him and laughed, shaking her head as she watched him back away. She returned his salute and said "I'll see you around too, Yuri."

She watched him until he was out of sight before she went inside of the council hall. Her eyes surveyed the room, deciding where she could sit down before she spotted a vacant seat next to a short-haired girl.

"Is this seat taken?" Chihana asked politely, pointing at the seat. The girl shook her head and Chihana went to take a seat next to her "I'm Chihana Yahaba, it's nice to meet you."

"Likewise, I'm Kaori Iwaizumi." The girl said, smiling at her "Is this your first year here?"

Chihana nodded her head "You?"

"My second year actually. I'm actually here to facilitate since I'm part of the student council but honestly, one fault that the council has is making old students attend as well. I don't get what's the point of making old students attend this every start of the year when they repeat the same thing over and over again."

Chihana thought about it and realized that Yuri hadn't attended. Well, with the way he led her here, he must know the ins and outs of this institution anyways.

"That's true, no use repeating the same things to the same people."

The lights soon dimmed and a PowerPoint presentation was flashed on the screen before the orientation started.

"I better go start helping, I'll get back to you after this ends, yeah?"

Chihana nodded her head "Sure, I'll be here."

Kaori gave her a smile before she headed off and the orientation finally started.

Time passed and the students flooded the hallways of the academy. The cafeteria was a cacophony of loud chatter, each table a cosseted huddle of people raising their voices to be heard above the din. The food was secondary to the information that was exchanged here. Over the over-salted fries, alliances are formed and gossip traded like poker chips. Students lined up across the back-wall with red formica trays in their hands, kicking the wall with their toes or learning on it as they shuffled along. The lunches weren't much to look at but the desserts were fantastic!

Long doughnuts filled with cream, ruby-reds cheery perched atop an inviting drizzle of gooey syrup chocolate ice cream sundae. Mouth foaming content.

Considering the great weather outside, the glass patios of the cafeteria were wide open and adapted for an easy flow of people to come in from the main ward. The ward was composed of two soccer fields, one huge football field and tracks. There was a pool that was isolated, near the gym and library. Typically there would be practices but since it was the first day of school, the student council organized a "back to school" festival to ease the summer transition. All the clubs had the opportunity to promote their associations all under the common theme of ''fairs''. A lot of food was distributed, sold for a fundraiser, some cool events like a pie in the face as well, others were more interactive like betting on which swimmer would go faster, etc etc.

It was a huge welcome back, to say the least, with quite a variety of events occurring simultaneously. It would take up the whole afternoon. The only catch was that it was mandatory, not that they would catch the slackers going back home really.

This was quite new, not something he remembered attending two years ago. He didn't mind tho, it was better than attending class. Turned out he didn't even go to history. He didn't even go to the second period which was English or something like that. He just took a nap in the rooftop. It was boring but infinitely preferable to classrooms. He had a long and stressful week, reorganizing everything to fit his schedule, talking with his boss and taking extra hours to compensate for the time school would take up. He could not be arsed to attend class today.

Sitting in one of the round tables, the wandering daydreamer did not notice as the seats near him slowly filled up. Many of his acquaintances, some closer than others simply sat next to someone they considered an old friend. They were talking, connecting as if he never left really. It was like good old days, except that he changed a little bit and it didn't go unnoticed... but ignored for now.

"Ahhhhhh, Kaori-chan... this year will be my year. There is not a chance on earth I let you top me after finals!" the girl said in an almost drunken manner. Kagome Yugi, a boisterous loud girl. Quite vulgar at it too. She had a strange accent, a strange way of speaking. In the past she was teased a lot by it, often getting shit on as if she was a foreigner. But she always managed to be at the top of her class, or almost. Never once did she have a grade drop below 95% so it was hard to excel her... well it was hard until Kaori.

Yuri chuckle, Kagome was, as usual, trying to get beef. She was actually a good childhood friend. They didn't hang out often but they knew each other for a while. They weren't very close but they had this connection, brotherly and sisterly. They didn't have to talk to each other, they just understood each other. It was strange.

As he took a big bite of his doughnut filled with cream, he pointed at Kaori. " You... I need you to fix my schedule. I will not survive a year in AP option. I do not even know how on earth they can mix up sports option with AP. I don't want to deal with having course in the afternoon, basketball all the damn way." he commented.

Kagome chuckled. "You fucking meathead, you won't even make it a week in AP." she commented as she rapidly took a large bite from his doughnut.

Chihana finally made it out of her classes alive. She had just finished taking notes on most subjects that decided to be a killjoy and discuss new lessons on the first day of classes. There was something odd about her schedule, well, it wasn't even hers to begin with. It belonged to Yuri and she wondered if he had given his by accident or not. Nevertheless, it was still a schedule and an identical one since they were both in the same grade. It'd be a nightmare if it was a different one.

She had been assisted by Kaori numerous times and had been a great acquaintance to her. It was clear that Kaori excelled in academics, a trait that Chihana respected because most of her classmates weren't even trying to listen to the teacher. Kaori was a real blessing otherwise she'd have lost her way more than once today.

Soon lunch came and the two made their way towards the cafeteria. Kaori had explained what will take place in the afternoon in greater detail than what was presented earlier. Chihana would be lying if she said she wasn't excited.

"I'll be sitting over there with some friends, do come to me when you're done okay?" Kaori stated, pointing towards a table before giving Chihana a pat on the head and leaving.

Kaori sat down and was immediately greeted by Kagome's weird accent. Kaori didn't really get what that accent was and she often wondered if it was something Kagome had made up for humour.

"Well, good luck on that." Kaori said bluntly, taking out her lunch from her bag and unwrapping the cloth that covered it. She loved making her own lunches and she was rather proud of them to say the least. She took her chopsticks and was about to eat when Yuri began complaining about his schedule.

"Well, I actually don't get to have the power to make up schedules otherwise I'd have filled up your schedule with AP classes to get your ass back on track. You've been skipping classes and it's still only the first day! Jeez Yuri, you're amazing. Wow, the true MVP." Kaori said sarcastically, rolling her eyes at the poor boy.

"He won't make it a week since all that's in his head is ball, not a space left for academics." Kaori added to what Kagome had said, snorting in amusement.

Chihana had soon finished ordering a drink, something called blue lemonade. It was quite refreshing and she made her way towards Kaori only to see a familiar face.

"Ah Chi, you're here. Let me introduce you." Kaori pointed at Kagome "This is Kagome Yugi and this," she pointed at Yuri "Is Yuri Yagami. Everyone this is Chihana Yahaba."

Chihana waved at them and took her seat "I actually know Yuri already." She said while taking out her sandwich from out of her bag. It was a spicy chicken sandwich and by spicy, it was terribly spicy.

"Oh you do, do you?" Kaori said while looking pointedly at Yuri.

Kagome snorted and tapped his shoulder, "Atta boy, it's only the first day of school. There is plenty of puss in the booths. Ya don't need to hunt down the new girls in town," she said with a knowing grin. Yuri chuckled playing it off cool. "They weren't exactly pretty at High Academy," he mentioned.

Kagome frowned a bit and tilted her head as she processed the name he just said. "Isn't that the rich and bratty school?" she asked cautiously.

Yuri nodded as he took another bite of his dessert.

"Damn, can your dad adopt me, lol" she casually said as he looked at Kaori's meal and looked at her with pity eyes. It was all to common for Kagome to envy other peoples lunch box, nonetheless, steal it.

Yuri shrugged, slightly annoyed at the mention of his father but he brushed it off. He glanced at Chihana, locking his eyes with her for a bit but he didn't say anything, not for a solid 30 seconds at least. Then he leaned on the table, crossing his arms and a smirk on his face. "So, how do you find the school so far? Did you get to meet the crazy literature teacher?" he said knowingly. He saw her schedule afterall, he knew exactly what he meant.

"That crazy woman... I still remember when she tried to convince that one student to pose almost nude in front of parents. She needs to be reported, " Kagome commented as she stuffed her face with food with very little delicacy.

Kaori noticed the look on Kagome's face and rolled her eyes but soon gave in and fed her a slice of sausage that she had cut up to be shaped like a mini octopus "No more for you." She said, sticking out her tongue before continuing to eat her lunch.

Chihana chuckled as she started to unwrap her sandwich. She paused midway when she felt someone staring at her and looked up to see Yuri looking at her. She was about to say something but the boy had already spoken.

"She wasn't that bad to me." Chihana said, finally taking a bite of her chicken sandwich and relished in the spiciness that kicked in afterwards. She had placed quite the amount of tabasco sauce on it and she was pleased with her work.

She did understand where they were coming at when they described Ms. Figgs as crazy. The woman clearly sported a lose screw in her head and Chihana felt sorry for that one kid who got yelled on for a good seven minutes or so.

"Ms. Figgs barely even touched Chihana, which was weird enough." Kaori mentioned, looking over at the girl who was happily eating her sandwich.

"What's that?" Kaori asked, leaning over to look at Chihana's sandwich and then took a bite out of it.

"I wouldn't do that-" Chihana warned but it was soon too late. Kaori's eyes widened and she spat out the sandwich, immediately grabbing a random water bottle, which turned out to be Kagome's and drinking it hastily.

"Oh jeez why was that so spicy?!"

"I-I love spicy food..." Chihana said, looking down at her sandwich as if it had done something terrible "Err, drinking milk would ease away the spiciness rather than drinking cold water."

Kaori immediately stood up and went over to the vending machine to buy a milk carton. She stabbed it with a straw and plopped down back to her seat, sipping it in one go.

Chihana snorted "I'm sorry, you should've waited for me to answer before biting."

"Never took you as a person who'd love spicy food." Kaori said, letting out a deep exhale.

Kagome looked at the water bottle Chihana just gulped down. She swallowed to lump in her throat and put it away from her, "You can keep it..." she said. Yuri frowned with his charming smile, "Huh? You literally eat everyone's food but a water bottle exchange bothers you?" he asked.

"Kaori is so popular with guys... I bet she kissed a dozen of them. Not interested in aids," she commented. Yuri burst out laughing. The clash was unreal and a little something told him it was because of something else seeing the small blush on Kagome's cheek.

"If you say so," he said before turning towards Chi. "You should try adding pickles to your sandwich. It will enhance it," he said.

Kagome shook her head and stared at each one of them, "I'll stick with..." and she popped the sausage Kaori gave her.

Meanwhile, a group of boys came walking past the table. They were making fun of a bunch of kids obviously. They were all tall, pretty muscular or pretty lanky depending on who. They all had one thing in common though, they all wore basket ball jerseys of different teams. Typical.

Yuri tried avoiding looking at them by pointing at Kaori's tray but somehow they noticed him and immediately all sat around the girls and him. "Yuri, yuri... what brings you back here? I hope it was in your plans to join us back instead of fighting against us in that preppy school..." they said. Yuri didn't react much, but he did get annoyed at how they all squeezed up the seats around them. Kagome was the only one who wasn't having this and simply stood up, throwing away the food she claimed to be shit and walked out. There was about ten guys all trying to fit in a six seated table with already three seats taken.

One guy slug his arm around Chihana and Kaori with his monkey face almost drooling over them. "Hey Yuri don't be keeping all the hotties," he thirsty commented as he started rubbing down their back. "

Yuri smirked, "I... wouldn't do that to a student council member Tsubaki," he remarked before standing up. He wasn't going to have this, not right now. He looked at the guy who initially spoke to him, it was none other than Gin and he gave him a half-hearted smile, "Trust me, I'm going for the try outs. Just watch me take your title. " he challenged. Gin gritted his teeth and stood to match Yuri's height.

"I guess that school gave you balls at least," he said fuming.

"Bigger than yours, that's certain."

Hands clenched, Yuri glanced waiting for him to dare punch him.
but it never came.

"See you at the court, friday. 3pm sharp. Bring your A game." Gin said.

"Don't worry, I will." he added.

In a storm, he left followed by the majority of his groupies. Yuri was clearly annoyed but at the same time amused by this encounter. He took a moment to think and then just shrugged, "Ok, I'm done with lunch. Time to get free snacks, " he added flashing the fakest smile ever as he grabbed his tray and emptied it in the nearest garbage.

Kaori rolled her eyes at Kagome's statement "Technically, you can't acquire aids from saliva or kissing." She said as-a-matter-of-factly while she capped the bottle and raised it to Kagome as if to say 'cheers' "Thanks for the free water though." Kaori said and placed it in her bag.

Their chatter was disrupted by men from the basketball team approaching their table and Kagome immediately left, seeming to have found their presence annoying. Kaori would have done the same if it weren't for the fact that Chihana was there. Chihana noticed that the mood of her companions drastically shifted and she concluded that Yuri wasn't in any good terms with these guys.

She shuddered when she felt an arm snake around her and Kaori's shoulders. The latter just swore quietly under her breath as she shrugged it off, saying "I could give you detention if I could right now, Tsubaki." Kaori said calmly, though Chihana could see past her calm tone and see the pissed off look on her face.

A tall looking guy stepped forward and it was clear he and Yuri didn't have the nicest of pasts. Chihana winced, anticipating that the two would break out into a fight but let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding when she was proved wrong. The unknown guy had somehow challenged Yuri to a game this Friday and Chihana didn't like the feeling in her gut.

The team soon left and Chihana was able to relax but after that encounter, Yuri seemed a bit pissed. Chihana didn't let it slip past her when she saw the all too forced smile on his lips. Kaori patted Chihana on the shoulder and said "I'll be heading first now, I need to do some things for the council. I'll catch up on you guys later, yeah?"

Chihana nodded her head and gave a small smile to Kaori "I'll see you later."

Kaori gave her shoulder one last squeeze before the raven haired girl left. Chihana dumped her trash in the trash bin and went to follow Yuri. She stood by his side all the time, not really wanting to say anything since she figured he must not be in the mood but she also didn't want to leave him like this.

Yuri didn't pay much attention to Chihana. He felt rude but he didn't really know what to say, she was kinda following him around like a lost kitten. Not that he could blame her, she was kind of alone around here and somehow ended up being acquainted with only him and his very small circle of friends. They walked in silence for a couple of minutes. The welcoming fair was a riot of colours to rival the summery fields. Music filled the air, festive beats lifted the spirits and made the students want to move, jump and sing.

Yuri led them to the nearest ticket booth, staying quiet for a while and occasionally glancing at her. He wasn't shy, nor nervous, just kind of indifferent but curious. A lot of mix feelings right now. He purchased a couple of tickets for the paid events and snacks around the campus, and he handed her a couple of them. "Here you go," he said.

It was a little gift. He didn't ask her nor felt the need for anything back. It was only a couple of dollars. "What would you like to do first?" he asked expecting her to stick around him for a while, which so far she's been doing. "There's like... a bunch of stuff happening at the same time," he said as he pocketed most of the tickets as well as his wallet.

That's when he noticed, at the corner of her mouth a little bit of leftover spice taint. Amused, he rubbed his own lips and then pointed at her's to do the same. The monkey instinct assuming she would imitate him. "You got a little left over of the sandwich their sweetheart," he smirked.

Chihana didn't mind the silence. It was to be expected after that encounter and she didn't blame him for not speaking up. So it was to her surprise that he hand her a bunch of tickets. She gave him a smile and said "Thank you."

The field was filled with life and there were a lot of games around the area. She was itching to try them all out and it would be a plus as well to learn the different clubs here since she had no idea which club she'd apply for. She looked around for awhile before Yuri's voice was heard again and this time she felt her cheeks flare up. She reached up a thumb to wipe away the excess spice from her lip and puffed her cheeks out, rolling her eyes.

"And that sandwich was delicious, mind you." She said with a huff before she pointed to a dart throwing booth. Darts were pretty fun and she felt like she could do well at this booth "Let's go there!"

She dragged Yuri towards the booth and the people there greeted them. They explained they weren't really a club but just added this booth for the fair. Chihana looked at Yuri and asked "Are you good with darts?" She had already given the people who were attending the booth one of her tickets and they had handed her three darts. They even went their way to have small stuffed animals as prize, adding more to the whole fair vibe.

She held one dart and held it at an angle, pausing for awhile before throwing it, landing just a few inches off of the bullseye. Chihana wasn't disheartened and she took another dart, paused again before throwing it, this time hitting closer to the target.

She had one last dart left and when she threw it this time, it finally hit the target. With a wide smile, she turned to look at Yuri, as if saying "See? See? I'm great!"

The people who were in charge took the darts and made her choose a prize. In the end, she decided to pick a cute little keychain of a penguin.

Yuri wasn't very good with darts but since he often worked in less than ideal places where gambling was common, he got a few practices here and there. He casually shrugged, not really knowing where he levelled up in comparison to others.

He watched her play, quite amusing to be honest. She probably didn't realize that his eyes weren't looking at the target, but rather targetting... something else.

Right before she turned around to look at him, his eyes darted back up and he noticed her scoreboard and obviously her cocky pride for winning some lame plush.

"Ooh, yes. You are amazing," the sarcasm dripping yet a playful smile plagued his mischief face. "Let me show you how I do it,". Puffing his chest, he paid the price to get three darts and licked his lip as he looked at the target. Shoulders back, butt out as he squatted a little bit, squinting as he rocked back and forth thinking this would help his aim.

"So, what do I get if I hit the target, huh?" he asked her with a smirk, casually winking at her suggestively.

Chihana rolled her eyes at how sarcasm laced his words and she shook her head, letting it slide as she found it quite amusing anyway. She jutted one hip out and crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow "Oh? Well then tough guy, let's see how you do it." She said, mocking him lightly as she let out a laugh.

She watched him pay for the darts and a snort left her lips when he took his position. He looked absurd, comical even. It took all she had not to burst out laughing and she could feel her insides burning from trying to stop herself from wheezing. He even rocked on his heels, making him look even funnier. She couldn't stand it anymore and held a hand to her lips, laughing.

When he looked at her to ask a question, she immediately stopped, looking like a deer caught in the headlights. She thought about it for awhile, a little bit stumped and she shrugged "Well, if you do hit a target..." she let out a hum, thinking about it "...You can ask for whatever you want?" She said, chuckling as she didn't really know what she could give that would suffice. It wasn't like he was going to ask for anything big, right?

She was now starting to second guess her words but it was too late, she had already said it and was just hoping he wouldn't ask for too much from her and what he would want was something she could easily give.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back